post #181 of 192 Old 12-06-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

Hi - I own the 1650 and I am having a problem figuring out how to adjust the channel volume levels without losing the program I'm watching. The receiver always dumbs down into 480 res when entrring setup mode.
Is the a way to add a couple of notches of added volume to, say, the center channel w/o losing the program being watched?

Thanks for any help.

I will RTFM again, but I found nothing there before.

On my 1600 the remote has a "speaker" button in the upper right corner of the center ok button. It's white. This button brings up the speaker level adjustment mode. It will only display on the AVR unless you press the osd button.
You can also enable or disable the sub from here. Which is handy for when I want to listen to two channel with no sub.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 192 Old 12-06-2013, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

On my 1600 the remote has a "speaker" button in the upper right corner of the center ok button. It's white. This button brings up the speaker level adjustment mode. It will only display on the AVR unless you press the osd button.
You can also enable or disable the sub from here. Which is handy for when I want to listen to two channel with no sub.

Thanks! I had to mess around a bit but I got it. Your procedure brought up the channel on/off menu. no other button choices or manipulations brought up the levels adjustment. Then I tried the top left white button named ch. That did it. That is the levels adjustment menu.
Also I have to hit the AVR button before the white button. OSD does nothing on mine unless I am going into the setup menu.

Thanks again. I am not as happy as I would like to be with this receiver. But the sound is great. I just like a more transparent, versatile AVR.

And the OSD only works at 480 res with my receiver. I want one that does it with whatever 1080P program I am viewing.
post #183 of 192 Old 12-25-2013, 09:21 AM

Liked: 11
hi, i had 2650 in box for six months. i had used for couple of days to compare with Pioneer SC-1522 at that time, it wokred fine. hooked up yesterday and facing severe HDMI handshake issues. Sources are Panny BD player and Pivos AiOS player.
AiOS display comes up only in rare cases. i can see hand-shaking on TV for some time, but then it goes away, screen blank. Hooking AiOS directly to Panny ST30 TV, it works fine. Can someone please help, I need to fly out of US in a week with AVR2650, and want to solve this before that.
post #184 of 192 Old 12-25-2013, 09:34 AM

Liked: 11
one more question on 2650. is there a firmware newer than v1.0 for 2650? i could not find anything about firmware on 2650 support page here - http://www.harmankardon.com/estore/hk/us/support/spdp.jsp?pid=AVR%202650
post #185 of 192 Old 01-23-2014, 11:57 AM

Liked: 10

Unfortunately I'm an idiot and installed wrong firmware on AVR3650.  Just clicked the wrong link.  AVR3600 had updates but 3650 didn't and it installed it on my 3650.  I can still change sources but nothing else works anymore, not even the menus.  Any resolution to this that anyone knows of?

post #186 of 192 Old 01-23-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno80 View Post

Unfortunately I'm an idiot as well and did the same thing.  Any resolution to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta721 View Post

I don't own a HK product but would think the process is similar in updating an AVR firmware.

First, how could you update the 3650 with the 3600 firmware? The 3650 has a network connector in the back. Assuming you connected the network cable, went through the instructions, then you first would have found out (i) it is latest firmware, or one is available; (ii) if one is available then you would have started the update.

Do you mean the menu gave you a bunch of model to update, and you picked the wrong one?

If so, you can repeat the same process to update with the correct model 3650 firmware?

Am I missing, or incorrect in any of the above?

As to reset the processor, an online 3650 OM page 42 would help:
http://www.harmankardon.com/resources/Brands/harmankardon/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/OwnersManual/AVR_2650_CORE_OM_EN.pdf
post #187 of 192 Old 03-11-2014, 01:59 PM

I just purchased the AVR2650 ($299.99 on Newegg) as an upgrade from a Sony, which is having audio issues with my HTPC. I also liked the GUI, Zone2 support, network connectivity, and Smart Control (and quite frankly, it looks pretty slick). Now that I'm hearing so many people having issues with the newer HK line, I'm thinking I should've gone for another unit in the same price range (Yamaha 673 or similar).

Question: I read in some places that some of the audio handshake issues are resolved by firmware. However, when I go to the AVR2650 Product Support Page, I only see the option to download the manual. Where can I go do download the latest firmware for the AVR2650?

post #188 of 192 Old 03-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoka View Post

I just purchased the AVR2650 ($299.99 on Newegg) as an upgrade from a Sony, which is having audio issues with my HTPC. I also liked the GUI, Zone2 support, network connectivity, and Smart Control (and quite frankly, it looks pretty slick). Now that I'm hearing so many people having issues with the newer HK line, I'm thinking I should've gone for another unit in the same price range (Yamaha 673 or similar).

Question: I read in some places that some of the audio handshake issues are resolved by firmware. However, when I go to the AVR2650 Product Support Page, I only see the option to download the manual. Where can I go do download the latest firmware for the AVR2650?
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the firmware unless you encounter a problem. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Seems like the act of updating firmware in itself can cause issues sometimes.
smoka likes this.
post #189 of 192 Old 03-11-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontyrees View Post

If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the firmware unless you encounter a problem. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Seems like the act of updating firmware in itself can cause issues sometimes.

Thanks. The unit arrives tomorrow, so I'm hoping that I don't encounter any issues with my setup. However, I would still like to know where their firmware is located now (or has it been pulled for this system).

post #190 of 192 Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 AM

Liked: 0
AVR-3650 firmaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by avr3650 View Post
Did the stupidest thing ever , installed firmware update for avr3600 on avr3650 . Lost the display but radio works . Called the tech support they said they can't help . They said i have to ship it to them . Is there any way to restore it to factory default ? Or does anyone have firmware for avr3650? Please help !
I have the same issue. Did You got a solution ou firmware?
Thanks!
post #191 of 192 Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 AM

A note for anyone having HDMI handshake issues with the AVR-2650 and possibly others: I picked up some Amazon Basics HDMI cables (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L1ZYYM/...ds=hdmi+cables) and my HDMI issues are gone - it's solid as a rock now.

My issues were previously just as bad as all the others I've read about on here - picture and audio dropping out, randomly switching audio modes, audio dropout, etc. It would get so bad at times that i would be 10-20 seconds on, 5-10 seconds off alternating, completely unwatchable. I'm certain that this is due to inferior HDMI circuitry in the HK since hooking my sources directly to the TV work fine even with the old cables, but the new cables completely cleared things up. If you're having HDMI problems, do yourself a favor and try some new cables. The Amazon cables are top notch and are only $5 or $6 each.
post #192 of 192 Old 09-22-2014, 03:19 PM

Hello all,

I currently have a Harman Kardon AVR 1565, but apparently it only supports multichannel (5.1) LPCM at 16 bit:

Whenever I set the configuration in Windows at more than 16 bit regardless the sample rate; or when I connect my Wii U (which I assume it operates at a greater resolution than 16 bit) it automatically switches to stereo mode, and when I go back to 16 bit, it switches to multichannel instantly. Sadly, Nintendo did not include lossy audio support, so I can't play in surround mode. I tried with 3 different HDMI cables and with all available inputs. Would you know if this is a faulty receiver or is it just out of spec? I couldn't find a firmware update for this model and it's just frustrating.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Harman Kardon Avr 1565 Audio Video Receiver , Harman Kardon Avr 1650 Audio Video Receiver , Harman Kardon Avr 2650 Audio Video Receiver , Harman Kardon Avr 3650 Audio Video Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page