1. Model : TX-NR808
2. March 2011
4. Locked up and unsreponsive. Left unplugged for a week
5. 1-2 months (hard to say I work a lot and did not play with it consistently. Tested just fine the first week).
6. consistent, but varied in the time it would lock up.
8. No - Finally had time and chatted with - told to call - spoke to tech. Stated return for repair or store credit. They only offered the 809 while Onkyo researched the issue.
9. Deciding what to do now... Repair, get an 809 (I will have to pay the diff), or get some other receiver.
I just got off the phone with Crutchfield customer support and he spoke to Marty (referenced in this thread). They said the fix is quick for them to do, but I did not get details as to what the fix was.
Lot of good points here. This was my most expensive receiver. I have a 15 year old Yamaha that is still goin strong with 5.1
This one had everything I wanted. All my other receivers lasted 5+ years till I sold them or gave them away. So I was spoiled I guess as to have no problems with any unit I owned.
I to initially overreacted when I read this thread, but at the end I see the light. Now I have to decide what to do. Good luck to all.
Hmm broke my promise to not post here any more. Got into a bit of verbal sparring with a member so months back. Happy 4th!