Join Date: Jun 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. Model: Onkyo PR-SC5508
2. Purchased on: 04/01/2011
3. Purchased from: Custom Integrator/Retailer
4. First sign of trouble: Front Volume Control not working
5. Lifespan until first problem: Noticed it for the first time today
6. Problem frequency: Permanent
7. Description: Front Volume Control dial not working, however volume will work over RS-232 or IP. Resetting the unit ("VCR/DVR + Power") did not resolve problem. Neither did unplugging the unit.
Unit was always cooled properly with cooling fans on top. Never had a problem with my PR-SC886.
8. Onkyo support history: Will call local Onkyo/Integra factory representative tomorrow
9. Resolution: Pending
1. Model rc270
2. Purchase Date or approximate date 2/15/2011
3. Place where purchased Amazon
4. First symptom to appear Caught on fire
5. How long after purchase until first symptom appeared? 5 months
6. Was the symptom consistent or intermittent? not on fire anymore.. but wont turn on
7. Which symptom(s) (listed above) are you experiencing?
8. If you have contacted Onkyo, and sent in your unit for repair, what where you told the problem is/was?
gave to the onkyo certified technition today, waiting on a response.
i can't believe my reciver caught on fire. it literally shot flames out of the bottom and the top.
|Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr717 , Onkyo Tx Nr906 , Onkyo Brand , Onkyo Tx Nr414 , Onkyo Tx Nr515 , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Onkyo Tx Nr807 , Onkyo Ht Rc270 , Onkyo Tx Nr708 , Onkyo Tx Nr808 , Onkyo Tx Nr1008|