Onkyo 7300, Receiver Connection Issues - PLEASE HELP! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

I was recently moved and was setting up my Onkyo 7300 HTIB last night. I decided to only connect the subwoofer, the front right & front left tall boys, and the center speaker for a quick set up to watch a movie. However, in setting up my front speakers I came across an issue.

When connecting my speaker wires into the appropriate ports on the surround (red and black ports designated for front left surround speaker) I receive no sound. HOWEVER, If I take out the black wire (+) and leave the red wire (-) in place, and then take the black wire (+) amd put it into another red (-) port, the speaker works. Same if I leave the black wire (+) in and then take out the red wire (-) and plug it into another red (-) port, say for the back left surround sound speaker.

I was able to get sound from the speaker when I put the wires into any other ports, or when I mix & matched them in a fashion like given above. However, when i try and put them into the ports designated for the wires, I don't receive sound.

Sorry, I know this is a long winded, and probably confusing explanation to read, trust me it is very confusing to deal with. I am just wondering what the connectivity problems are and if they can be fixed?

-MPHD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Did your situation get fixed?

Bxbigpipi