Originally Posted by bjack56 FINALLY...got the Web Browser Control working !!!
& others for all your posts & pm responses.
I now have PC control from my XP Pro desktop & Win 7 Pro wireless laptop. I was also able to get an Android app running on my PC during the process, so I now have (2) methods of PC control.http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/83...windows-pc-2/3Now all I need is Yamaha's latest Android .APK file.
I am having problems locating it through the Android Market app in the PC Emulator.
I might do a brief post later if enough others are still having problems. In the meantime drop a post or pm if you need any help with the above. Not an expert, but can probably save you a lot of time.
THX again all
I just got this from Yamaha;
Yamaha's A/V Controller App
is now available for both
Android and iOS devices!https://market.android.com/details?i...v.avcontrollerhttp://itunes.apple.com/us/app/av-co...418512183?mt=8
This AV Controller application will turn your Android device into a Wi-Fi enabled remote control for your YAMAHA network products(*). This Android application provides you the flexibility to control the available inputs, volume, mute and power commands. It lets users change a song from Internet Radio, USB and command FM/AM tuners or any other internally available source. Using this application you can even control all AV receiver zones that are available such as powering on and changing input for each zone. This application not only controls AV receiver but also Yamaha blu-ray players. It supports various functions including Play, Stop, Forward. Available in English, French, German, Spanish and Russian. It's great to have all this control at your fingertips - and best of all it's FREE!
(*)Please check compatible model list below.
- AndroidOS 2.1 or higher
- A wireless Local Area Network (LAN) and a compatible Yamaha Network product(s)* residing within the same LAN.
- Network Standby set to ON
- NETWORK STANDBY MODE is under:
Setup->Network->Network Standby (AV receivers other than RX-V2065 or HTR-6295)
Setup Menu->Function Setup->Network->Network Standby (RX-V2065 or HTR-6295)
System->Network Control (Blu-ray players)
- Please make sure the Network Standby setting is set to "ON" so that the unit can accept commands via the network. The Network Standby setting allows the AV receiver or Blu-ray player to accept commands via the network while the AV receiver or Blu-ray player are in the Standby Mode.
- Power on/off - Allows you to Control the Power
- Volume up/down - Use "+/-" to adjust volume to the desired setting
- Mute - Pressing the speaker icon will mute
- Input Selection - Use the Input selector to select the device you want to enjoy. If you select an internal source you can Control the content within the input. For example, control the Tuner, Network and docked iPod contents directly with full metadata information on the display.
- DSP Mode Selection - Change DSP program to the desired Mode
- SCENE selection - Takes you to your SCENE setting
- Blu-ray player fundamental control - Play/Stop/Pause/Skip/Menu/Cursor keys etc
- Seemless control between the Yamaha AV receiver and Blu-ray player
- Demo mode - Explains how to use this app
Compatible models *Product availability varies depending on regions
- RX-A3010, RX-A2010, RX-A1010, RX-A810, RX-A710
- RX-V3071, RX-V2071, RX-V871, RX-V771, RX-V671
- RX-A3000, RX-A2000, RX-A1000
- RX-V3067, RX-V2067, RX-V1067, RX-V867
- HTR-9063, HTR-8063
- RX-V2065, RX-V3900, DSP-AX3900, RX-Z7, DSP-Z7, HTR-6295
- BD-A1000, BD-S1067