The Official Yamaha RX-V867 Owners Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1179 Old 03-28-2014, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I have this receiver connected by HDMI to the Samsung TV and a lot of video sources , like players, tv box, roku ete connected to the number of receiver inputs.

There is only one issue I cant fix- when I turn my TV and the receiver to watch one of receiver inputs, it starts to work OK, receiver displays proper input (say, HDMI 3 for my Roku), but after a few seconds the receiver switches Audio to AV1 and sound therefore disappears and I need to press the required input (ex, HDMI 3)on the remote once again, and sound restores.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1179 Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimbmw View Post

Hi

I have this receiver connected by HDMI to the Samsung TV and a lot of video sources , like players, tv box, roku ete connected to the number of receiver inputs.

There is only one issue I cant fix- when I turn my TV and the receiver to watch one of receiver inputs, it starts to work OK, receiver displays proper input (say, HDMI 3 for my Roku), but after a few seconds the receiver switches Audio to AV1 and sound therefore disappears and I need to press the required input (ex, HDMI 3)on the remote once again, and sound restores.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Turn off HDMI Control and ARC.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #1173 of 1179 Old 03-30-2014, 07:07 AM

Hello all,

I've had this receiver well over a year now, and just last week it stopped functioning. The red standby light is on but the unit will not power on at all beyond the standby light.

I'd like to tinker with it (it is no longer under warranty), and I thought I would start by ordering the service manual. However, on the Yamaha 24x7 Resource Portal website, the model number isn't even recognized.

Has anyone ever ordered the service manual for this receiver? If so where did you order from?

Thanks for any info,

Nick

post #1174 of 1179 Old 03-30-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster79 View Post

Hello all,

I've had this receiver well over a year now, and just last week it stopped functioning. The red standby light is on but the unit will not power on at all beyond the standby light.

I'd like to tinker with it (it is no longer under warranty), and I thought I would start by ordering the service manual. However, on the Yamaha 24x7 Resource Portal website, the model number isn't even recognized.

Has anyone ever ordered the service manual for this receiver? If so where did you order from?

Thanks for any info,

Nick

I've never seen a standby light, red or otherwise. Where is it located?

post #1175 of 1179 Old 03-30-2014, 10:19 AM

I don't think I used the correct terminology. The small red LED next to the power button is on when the receiver is plugged in, but the LCD display will not come on, nor will the receiver function when I press the power button or try to turn on the receiver with the remote.

post #1176 of 1179 Old 03-30-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster79 View Post

I don't think I used the correct terminology. The small red LED next to the power button is on when the receiver is plugged in, but the LCD display will not come on, nor will the receiver function when I press the power button or try to turn on the receiver with the remote.

Sorry, I checked the manual. There are three conditions that will cause the LED next to the MAIN button to come on. I have never done any of the three conditions, hence I didn't know it existed.

post #1177 of 1179 Old 06-04-2014, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would like to use the 12v trigger on my 867 to power up the iNuke3000dsp for my upcoming sub build. What do I need to do to make this work? Cable, setup, etc?
post #1178 of 1179 Old 06-13-2014, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pre outs not working

Hello. I bought a used 867. I have a Bose 5.1 speaker system. My LFE pre out is sending no signal to the bass module. I have changed all speaker settings in 867 menu but nothing. I tried hooking up a pair of active front speakers via pre outs front left and front right and no signal there either. I tried three different subs and nothing. Hooked all three to an old Sony receiver and they all worked. I do get a very minimum low end from sub but I'm pretty sure that is due to having front speakers set to large, since the speaker wires all run through the bass module then to each satellite because that minimal low end comes through even when LFE is unplugged.

Anyone ever have this problem? Is there a way to turn "pre outs" on or are they permanently on? Can you blow a preamp?

I appreciate your time and responses!

Thanks
SoulBoyBlue
post #1179 of 1179 Old 06-13-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBoyBlue View Post
Hello. I bought a used 867. I have a Bose 5.1 speaker system. My LFE pre out is sending no signal to the bass module. I have changed all speaker settings in 867 menu but nothing. I tried hooking up a pair of active front speakers via pre outs front left and front right and no signal there either. I tried three different subs and nothing. Hooked all three to an old Sony receiver and they all worked. I do get a very minimum low end from sub but I'm pretty sure that is due to having front speakers set to large, since the speaker wires all run through the bass module then to each satellite because that minimal low end comes through even when LFE is unplugged.

Anyone ever have this problem? Is there a way to turn "pre outs" on or are they permanently on? Can you blow a preamp?

I appreciate your time and responses!

Thanks
SoulBoyBlue
First, you can enable the LFE by setting it always on in Setup - Subwoofer - Always use. Source content doesn't count this way.

Also, when active, the front panel will show the speaker enabled just below the volume level.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V867 Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page