Forum Jump: 

post #2401 of 2409 Old 06-29-2014, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless Stang View Post
Hello Gents....has anyone connected this to a 4K TV? I picked up a Sony 4K TV tonight and when using my HTPC I am unable to see any resolution options past 1080p, however, if I connect the HTPC directly to the TV I get two different options for 4K. Does this not pass the signal through?
Hay you updating the receiver? I don't have a 4k TV to try, but just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2409 Old 07-07-2014, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently changed some of the settings on my home wireless network (changed from WEP to WPA, and changed passcode) and now I cant figure out how to get the 709 to forget the old settings and allow me to reconnect to the network using the new password. Is there any way to do this? I'm using the USB wireless dongle.

thanks!

Last edited by jhoppmann; 07-07-2014 at 03:26 PM.
post #2403 of 2409 Old 07-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoppmann View Post
I recently changed some of the settings on my home wireless network (changed from WEP to WPA, and changed passcode) and now I cant figure out how to get the 709 to forget the old settings and allow me to reconnect to the network using the new password. Is there any way to do this? I'm using the USB wireless dongle.

thanks!
Have you called Onkyo Support or tried the Onkyo USA Facebook page?
post #2404 of 2409 Old 07-13-2014, 05:52 PM

Onkyo support says to do a factory reset (vcr+pwr). I was hoping there was a way that wouldnt make me run through audyssey again....
post #2405 of 2409 Old 07-21-2014, 01:31 PM

I picked up some used Right, Left front speakers. I want to use my old RL speakers as front High RL. Everything is hooked up and speakers work. All listening mode options I see allow either FH 7.1 or SB 7.1. Is it possible to get the FH and SB both working at the same time (9 channels)? Or can the receiver be fooled to mirror the FH with the RL speakers or something like that?
post #2406 of 2409 Old 07-25-2014, 05:45 PM

No sound

Hello! I bought my 709 in december 2011 and just today, sound stopped working all together. Input switching works, video works, everything looks fine, except no sound whatsoever no matter what I do. I looked it up, and it seems to be a common problem with this units. Unfortunately, I am already out of my manufacturers warranty. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should? So far I have emailed two different Onkyo emails, and see who answers first.
post #2407 of 2409 Old 07-27-2014, 12:10 AM

Liked: 15
Do any of this series last?

I have had my 709 since November of 2011. Plenty of ventilation & only running a 3.1 setup on that system. I am starting to get a little anxious about it.
Seems like I might be due for problems.
post #2408 of 2409 Old 07-28-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
Hello! I bought my 709 in december 2011 and just today, sound stopped working all together. Input switching works, video works, everything looks fine, except no sound whatsoever no matter what I do. I looked it up, and it seems to be a common problem with this units. Unfortunately, I am already out of my manufacturers warranty. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should? So far I have emailed two different Onkyo emails, and see who answers first.
I had the same thing happen 2 months ago. Onkyo approved my out of warranty repair (no response through intial request so sent a message to Josse Torres) and picked it up last week, so I would suggest trying for that
post #2409 of 2409 Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM

Add my 709 to the list of HDMI/No-audio problems. Video is fine. I've owned this receiver, with light use, for 24 plus a few days when the problem started a few days ago.

Symptoms? Turn it on and no sound and the Network will not initialize. After some trouble shooting (switch cables, headphones, factory rest, etc), I also noticed that the LED light for the volume knob is not on when there is no audio, and there is no 'click' either. I did initially notice that the top of the case was very hot when this first occurred.

I did find that turning the receiver on/off several times will eventually cause it to 'catch' and I get audio (as well as the 'click' and LED on the volume nob). But I expect that eventually fail if I continue to try and force the receiver this way.

After reading this forum and others I left a comment on Onkyo's facebook page yesterday. I see today that they have answered a few other posts after mine was made so I hope I don't go ignored! I'd expect a longer life from a high-end piece of equipment like the 709! And I'm not ready to open the receiver and try the bake method yet.

A second question for a few of you: I see that some of you have placed PC fans inside of the cases. Are there 12-volt or 5-volt plugs located inside of the cases?
Or did you wire the fans to something external? If external, what did you use for a power supply? If there is room, a nice, low noise 120mm fan would be great!

SACD library.

Last edited by tiggers; Yesterday at 02:38 PM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo Tx Nr709
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page