"Official" Onkyo TX-NR809 Thread - Page 201 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6001 of 6005 Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You have more patience than I do. I would have started escalating within a couple of days.

Last edited by fibertech; Yesterday at 03:13 PM. Reason: spelled a word wrong....ugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6002 of 6005 Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just heard back from Jose, he states he can only bring up in Outlook my most recent email?

I'm not sure if he stating that he is unfamiliar with my entire situation or is indicating he hasn't access to any emails from me after June 27th, luckily that means he also didn't receive the email in which I lost my cool and used profanity, Phew. I'm glad I waited from emailing his boss.

So I appraised him of the issues on June 28th that oddly got resolved by mixing and matching HDMI Cables that seemed to work on other sources. I went on to inform him of my most recent problem, and current state of operation, another HDMI Out#1 issue, sound but no video.

I told him I'd be willing to make a video demonstration of the unpackaging of new HDMI cables and the non operational status of HDMI Out#1 , just because the Service Center can't duplicate my issue doesn't make me believe in it being my cables (Numerous) or mere coincidence that I am having repeated, intermittent and irregular HDMI Out #1 operations.

Balls in his court now.
post #6003 of 6005 Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertech View Post
You have more patients than I do.
You're a doctor?

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #6004 of 6005 Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs71 View Post
Hey guys,

Please direct me to the right forum if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I am looking for a good Onkyo home theater receiver for a second system I have in a media room upstairs. Im running Polk Audio RTI 5.1 with tower r/l, and a huge center. I've owned a few Onkyo's in the past and loved them all.. until now. I wanted to get an updated receiver from Onkyo that has HDMI, with 3D capabilities, so in a pinch, I bought the inexpensive TXNR525.. What a terrible unit (for what I'm trying to do.).. What's almost most disappointing is the display, and the front of the unit. I can't see the buttons to save my life, and it doesn't constantly display the current format in which the sound is coming out. (DTS-Master, Dolby Digital, Stereo, etc...)..I'm going to list it on ebay.

I want to get an Onkyo that has a good bit of power (hence posting in the 800 series thread), supports 3D, and DTS-HD, but don't want to by brand new.. I think I can get a good deal on an older model, in new or near new condition. I tried looking on the Onkyo website, but they have about a million HT receivers, and thought I'd get some advice from the pro's.

Everyone like their 809's??

Thanks for your replies in advance.

the 809 series are falling out of the sky...stay away from them. Go newer
post #6005 of 6005 Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'll be the douche who says "Search" the forums for NR-809, then actually read the latter couple of pages.

Yet I'll also be 1 of 100's that will tell you, even if a brand new NR-809 can be had for FREE do not take it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr809 , Component Amplifiers , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo Tx Nr808
Gear in this thread