AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehead1 View Post
Hi guys, I have a question...

I found an old equalizer in my basement, and I would like to hook it up to my NR809. Can I connect it to the "front" RCA outputs, into the EQ, and back into the "front" RCA's? Will this allow me to shape the sound for Pandora?

Thanks a lot for any info on this!
The front RCA on 809 are inputs and not outputs. May be if you could draw a picture as to what your intent is, that would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6152 of 6161 Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On the back of the receiver, there are rca's labeled "front" in the preamp section. I'm sorry for any confusion.
post #6153 of 6161 Old 10-20-2014, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I don't think you can do what you suggest as you would have to use the front panel jacks as an input, eliminating Pandora as a source. However, you could set zone 2 to the Pandora source, take the zone 2 line out into your EQ and send the output into the any of the unused inputs front or back.
post #6154 of 6161 Old 10-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am ready to put a refurb TX-NR809 in to service that i got from AC4LS almost 2 years ago but never used...any tips to protect agaisnt the dreaded HDMI board failure syndrome? I am putting the unit on a stand, not in a cabinet so there will be adequate ventilation around it.
post #6155 of 6161 Old 10-21-2014, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_gallup View Post
I don't think you can do what you suggest as you would have to use the front panel jacks as an input, eliminating Pandora as a source. However, you could set zone 2 to the Pandora source, take the zone 2 line out into your EQ and send the output into the any of the unused inputs front or back.
Add a laptop cooling pad on top that has a 180 - 220 mm fan that sucks upward. That drops the temp significantly.

Onkyo TX-NR929 as a Pre-Pro/Surround Amp Running 9.2, Adcom GFA-7000 driving (WL/L/C/R/WR)
Acer H9500BD / Monoprice 106" Multi-Format Screen.
Home Theater Direct Level 3 Left/Right/Ccenter (First Generation w/ Silk Dome Tweeters)
Home Theater Direct Audio Level 3 12" Subwoofers
Home Theater Direct Audio Level 2 Towers for WL/WR and Level 2 Bookshelf Surrounds
post #6156 of 6161 Old 10-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb6435 View Post
Add a laptop cooling pad on top that has a 180 - 220 mm fan that sucks upward. That drops the temp significantly.
Good info on the fans !! I have had a ANTEC A/V COOLER on my 809 since day one and on low speed 24-7 !!
vcrpro3 likes this.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
post #6157 of 6161 Old 10-22-2014, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help with HDMI ARC problem

I have a Samsung UN75f8000 setup using anynet+ and the Onkyo 809 setup using HDMI control. I use the DirectTV to remote to power on the TV which in turns powers up the 809. It works momentarily but after a few seconds the audio goes out and the receiver shows 'analog' on the screen vs HDMI. To get the audio back on, I have to switch the TV input off the satellite and then back onto the satellite. Then I have audio again. I can reproduce this every single time and I have also found other posts on the internet that seem to describe the same symptoms. I do not know if this applies to all firmwares as my TV and Onkyo are all upgraded to the latest. I did read a post elsewhere where the owner had the same problem but only after upgrading to latest firmware. My receiver did work well before with ARC using a Vizio TV and older Onkyo firmware but when I recently got this new TV I upgraded my Onkyo firmware at the same time. Is there a fix for this? Is this potentially related to that repair recall?
post #6158 of 6161 Old 10-22-2014, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehead1 View Post
On the back of the receiver, there are rca's labeled "front" in the preamp section. I'm sorry for any confusion.
Oh okay.
IMHO that is not such a good idea just to use that old EQ. Not much you can get apart from the complicating the connections and possibly landing into some ground loop hum..
post #6159 of 6161 Old 10-23-2014, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello All

You guys might know where I can find the hdmi board for onkyo nr809?

Im from brazil and its hard to find it here.. some suggestions are appreciated
i have tried all the stuffs but i have video and no audio, no speakers display...
post #6160 of 6161 Old 10-23-2014, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So our 809 randomly won't play any sound some times. I have no idea why this started happening. It works fine doing everything else. It will pass video through no problem. It has no issues otherwise but this is a huge issue. When the sound isn't working it won't even play any sounds out of the speaker during speaker test. Turning it on and off doesn't help nor does switching inputs. I've tried doing a factory reset and at first i thought it worked but it stopped working again and another reset didn't do anything. I don't if this something i can fix or if this is a clear case of hardware failure and it needs to be sent in for repairs.
post #6161 of 6161 Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus305 View Post
So our 809 randomly won't play any sound some times. I have no idea why this started happening. It works fine doing everything else. It will pass video through no problem. It has no issues otherwise but this is a huge issue. When the sound isn't working it won't even play any sounds out of the speaker during speaker test. Turning it on and off doesn't help nor does switching inputs. I've tried doing a factory reset and at first i thought it worked but it stopped working again and another reset didn't do anything. I don't if this something i can fix or if this is a clear case of hardware failure and it needs to be sent in for repairs.
Sounds like an HDMI board failure to me. Better call Jose.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr809 , Component Amplifiers , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo Tx Nr808
Gear in this thread - Nr809 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page