"Official" Onkyo TX-NR809 Thread - Page 218 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

Old 07-19-2016, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Had the same problem and won't go back to Onkyo. I loved the receiver but not worth the trouble of it failing repetitively. I went back to Denon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2016, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafish721 View Post
Had the same problem and won't go back to Onkyo. I loved the receiver but not worth the trouble of it failing repetitively. I went back to Denon.
It's a real bummer. I honestly thought I was buying a receiver that would last me 5+ years. Instead I barely made it 2 years before the first failure. Then that fix messed up in the same way 3 months later. They fixed it again. It's ALMOST been a year since then and it's dead again. I was really impressed with the performance but I can't see myself buying Onkyo again after this. I've got it plugged into a UPS w/ Surge Protection and it was still fried, no storm, or anything. I'm getting the "Now Initializing" error, and HDMI is not working. I've been nagging support for 3 days now and they still haven't budged. Still hopeful that they'll do me a solid and give me a courtesy repair.

What Denon did you switch to that's comparable to the 809?

All Calibrations for UNXXH7150 posted to the forums compiled into an Excel Spreadsheet for easy access: Download Here from my dropbox!
Old 07-19-2016, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellitlikethis View Post
It's a real bummer. I honestly thought I was buying a receiver that would last me 5+ years. Instead I barely made it 2 years before the first failure. Then that fix messed up in the same way 3 months later. They fixed it again. It's ALMOST been a year since then and it's dead again. I was really impressed with the performance but I can't see myself buying Onkyo again after this. I've got it plugged into a UPS w/ Surge Protection and it was still fried, no storm, or anything. I'm getting the "Now Initializing" error, and HDMI is not working. I've been nagging support for 3 days now and they still haven't budged. Still hopeful that they'll do me a solid and give me a courtesy repair.

What Denon did you switch to that's comparable to the 809?

Mine was a few years back. I went with the Denon x2000 which would be the x2300 for this year.
Old Today, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesster51 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you with a Visio M70 and 809. I follow this thread and was hoping some of the videophiles would chime in and respond to your questions, I would be interested in their thoughts as well.
I just bought the M70 and am waiting a week for it. My Onkyo 809 has not had an update since 2012. I had it repaired for no video a couple of years ago (I don't remember exactly when) Should I update the firmware with the risk of bricking it? I thought the TV with upscale lower resolutions to 4k, so why bother having the Onkyo do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr809 , Component Amplifiers , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo Tx Nr808