"Official" Onkyo TX-NR809 Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > "Official" Onkyo TX-NR809 Thread
glenncontreras's Avatar glenncontreras 12:18 PM 09-14-2011
yeah i did but that was because i calibrated with Audyessy it sounds okay once you do it with an spl meter

jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 12:39 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaXP7 View Post

With Dynamic Volume, which I had set to light, I feel like something sounded off at the center channel. Anyone else notice this or is this my imagination?

What source? With a cable/sat box or music, you're going to want to set the Dyn EQ Reference Level Offset to 10db for better center channel dialog.
Viventis's Avatar Viventis 02:35 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenncontreras View Post

hello to all,

.... So ones again here are the settings:

1.) go in to setup find the option for speakers and set your speakers up for 5.1 or 7.1,7.2 after that go and get yourself a SPL meter or Sound Pressure and set each and every individual speaker to 75dB....

2.) after configuring the speakers you need press the home button and go into dynamic voume and set it to LIGHT, for every input you have connected to this reciever this tends to be missed alot but its part of the magic. this automaticly increases the master volume strength of the decibles and you can start hearing decent sound at 32 db instead of raising it to 40 just to sound normal

3.) then go back into setup to the source option. once in there you'll have an option of Intelli-Volume its set at 0db bring it up tp +6 or i brought mine to +8db you have a max of +12db this is per input source ie (cable box, blu-ray, ect.) this will increase the master volume "db" that you can start to here decent volume at "22dB". which means that during the day or what ever you wanna see a good movie you start to enjoy the sound quality at 35db it sonds like you have it at 60db with the crapy Audyssey....

the trick is to set the intelli-volume to what you speakers can do correctly and the dynamic volume to Light. now this all depends on what speakers you got and impedence it able to give you, but it dosen't matter the process is the still the same

1) SPL METER all speakers and subwoofer to 75db
2) dynamic voume set to Light
3) Intelli-volume set per input source ie blu-ray cable box, what ever you speakers can handle x"dB" (mine at +8dB)

I will concede that this will give you a lower starting number on the volume dial, but does that make any difference at all in sound quality? If your usable range on the volume dial is from 20 to 60, does that sound any differently than a range of 40 to 80? With a minor tweek to my Sub volume after Audyssey, I can still make my house shake, my ear drums burst, and dogs howl down the block.

I may be wrong, but I believe the real purpose of Intelli-Volume is to equalize the volume range of different inputs. For instance, at a reference level of 50, you can make the CD player, DirecTV box, Blue Ray player and Roku box equally loud. You are losing that function by jacking the levels up equally for all inputs.
FantaXP7's Avatar FantaXP7 02:38 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

What source? With a cable/sat box or music, you're going to want to set the Dyn EQ Reference Level Offset to 10db for better center channel dialog.

Good to know. It almost sounds flattened or compressed when using dynamic volume as it is now. Hard to explain, easier to...well...hear.

I use a HTPC as a main source for movies, music and live tv. So a mix of things
wl1's Avatar wl1 02:50 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenncontreras View Post

hello to all,
1) SPL METER all speakers and subwoofer to 75db
2) dynamic voume set to Light
3) Intelli-volume set per input source ie blu-ray cable box, what ever you speakers can handle x"dB" (mine at +8dB)

Hi Glenn,
I don't think your conclusions may be the best for everyone else. Audyessey is all about timing of each speaker to the listening position, and about room compensation too, which the SPL alone will not correct.

Your personal taste for a stronger centre dialogue will not be for others too - if you felt there was a problem there, the advice in a following post about making a 10dB allowance, should have helped.

Some of this is about personal taste, but I think reducing the dynamic response by using Light or Night modes etc, may be a considerate compromise, but is not what the original sound engineers had in mind. I think these modes unnaturally compress the soundtrack.

Your comments about volume levels and numbers didn't make sense to me, as intelli sense is about balancing out different sources so switching between them is more comfortable and doesn't have you waking up the neighbours due to variation between sources.

I am happy you have found a way to be satisfied with your purchase, best of luck.
cadett's Avatar cadett 02:56 PM 09-14-2011
1. Audyseey doesn't even set the distance. The reciever does.
2. Audyseey doesn't set the levels, the reciever does.
3. Audyseey merely captures data & then interpolates that data based on the average of all spots the data was collected from & then applies filter(s) to flatten out the response so that there are no peaks & valleys in the sounds generated.
4. You should run Audyseey then use the SPL Meter to adjust the levels to 75, center to 77, & the sub to around 80db. Also point the spl meter at the ceiling, not the speaker. Because you don't point your ears at the speaker, it envelopes the listener.
5. Raising the intellivolume is the same as turning the recievers volume up(so why use it at all, unless one source is louder or softer than the reference source).
6. Don't get hung-up on the number on the front of the reciever, it's just a reference.
cadett's Avatar cadett 02:59 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaXP7 View Post

With Dynamic Volume, which I had set to light, I feel like something sounded off at the center channel. Anyone else notice this or is this my imagination?

Kind of. My center sounded a little more "bright" with it engaged. It sounded as if the sound is more forced, however running THX Movie Pllx smoothed this out a little.
Viventis's Avatar Viventis 04:45 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kck_fireman View Post

Seems like the $30 I spent on the UWF-1 has been a waste of money. I have an 82% signal and I can' t get any of the internet features to connect. It keeps giving me a server connection could not be established or was terminated early message. I have done all the resetting on the router multiple times to no avail. Any clues on what I am doing wrong??

It seems that the UWF-1 is very inconsistent when it comes to signal strength. Keep hitting "Refresh" on the USB menu and you will get a different (sometimes very different) signal strength value every time.
wl1's Avatar wl1 05:06 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

It seems that the UWF-1 is very inconsistent when it comes to signal strength. Keep hitting "Refresh" on the USB menu and you will get a different (sometimes very different) signal strength value every time.

Wireless is still prone to all sorts of issues. If it was required for infrequent use, and not essential, then it may be worth giving it a go. But for anyone wanting to update firmware, use Oremote or similar for App control over Network, or stream high quality audio, use wired. You could try power line adaptors, but again, diagnosing issues with the invisible and no means of testing, is very frustrating and time consuming. Bite the bullet, and run a cable if it is important to you.
ekkoville's Avatar ekkoville 05:32 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

3. Audyseey merely captures data & then interpolates that data based on the average of all spots the data was collected from & then applies filter(s) to flatten out the response so that there are no peaks & valleys in the sounds generated.
4. You should run Audyseey then use the SPL Meter to adjust the levels to 75, center to 77, & the sub to around 80db. Also point the spl meter at the ceiling, not the speaker. Because you don't point your ears at the speaker, it envelopes the listener.
5. Raising the intellivolume is the same as turning the recievers volume up(so why use it at all, unless one source is louder or softer than the reference source).
6. Don't get hung-up on the number on the front of the reciever, it's just a reference.

I'm interested in using the SPL meter. That's something that I need to buy, obviously. What exactly am I running with it? I've used the Audessy and like what I have but maybe the meter would fine tune some things. Is that done through another setup area?
rworne's Avatar rworne 06:58 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post

Wireless is still prone to all sorts of issues. If it was required for infrequent use, and not essential, then it may be worth giving it a go. But for anyone wanting to update firmware, use Oremote or similar for App control over Network, or stream high quality audio, use wired. You could try power line adaptors, but again, diagnosing issues with the invisible and no means of testing, is very frustrating and time consuming. Bite the bullet, and run a cable if it is important to you.

What's becoming quite apparent with oRemote development is that it requires a constant connection, and because of such, requires an adequate signal strength 2-3 bars on the iOS device. If it's 1-2 bars, weirdness starts to happen, most likely due to dropped packets and blocking network calls.

One should strive to get the signal strength as high as possible. One thing that may work for a USB dongle tucked into an AV cabinet is to look for an approx 3' USB extension cable, thread it out the back and plug the dongle into it. Then tape it to something outside the cabinet. Either that or move the access point a lot closer. I'd be happiest with something better than 90%.

Something else to consider is whether the devices support 802.11a frequencies. They are a lot less crowded and less prone to interference. Range is also a bit shorter, but that's the tradeoff.

At the home here we use two AP's on either side of the house, both in areas that would see the most WiFi use. Our percentage is over 95% in most areas and a full three bars on the iOS devices.
mrod61's Avatar mrod61 09:41 PM 09-14-2011
Hey guys, new 809 owner and forum member here, and i have to say i'm very impressed with the 809. The sound is so amazing that i haven't even messed with Audyssey yet ( just manual setup ). One thing though, has anyone else had problems playing songs on Spotify after the last firmware update. I can connect to Spoty and even get to the info screen for the song i want to play, you know, timer, album etc. but the song just will not start. I'm not having any problems with the other providers and yes i'm a premium subscriber. Anyone have any ideas before i mess with Onkyo support. Man, i just hope i'm not stuck until the next firmware update.

Thanks in advance.
Mikes2cents's Avatar Mikes2cents 10:36 PM 09-14-2011
Well tonight I reset the AVR to see if it would fix my standby power on time delay problem and no love. Sometimes it starts up within 20 seconds but most times it takes almost a minute and a half. That is not cutting it. So according to Onkyo support I am supposed to cantact them for warranty repair and send the unit to an authorized repair facility at my expense and no assurance of a proper repair based on what I have seen with the 08 series. This is my first Onkyo and may be my last. It is a couple months old and I have to pay to send it in? They ought to just replace it like Epson does with their projectors. So I am stuck now considering if I want to chance a repair that does nothing or keep the unit. I mean what is the repair for this?

It could just be how the unit is and will never be repaired because when it does come on it works. Unfortunately when it works it crushes brightness and contrast but that has been discussed and one needs to make adjustments to the settings. Again, not sure I want to send this in for this since I seem to be the only one with this problem but the high speed video processing of this unit is a big letdown for me right now. It does upgrade 1080i to 1080p but at the expense of brightness and contrast and takes forever to come on. I am once again not happy about this but everything else seems to work just fine.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 05:59 AM 09-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

It is a couple months old and I have to pay to send it in?

This is the same policy that Denon and Marantz have as well. Check to see if there is repair center in your local area that you can just drop it off.
adrian457's Avatar adrian457 08:36 AM 09-15-2011
Hello all,

New owner of an 809 as of Monday. I ran Audyssey on Tuesday and like some have reported, the sub didn't sound good. I had a Pioneer Elite SC-05 before purchasing this and it didn't calibrate the sub. I've owned Denons before so I know how to use Audyssey but I am getting very little if any sub output. I only ran it once as I have dogs and it was hard enough to get them out of the house for one run of Audyssey let alone 3 or 4 like some have said they needed to do. They will be going to the vet on Saturday so I will have some alone time to run Audyssey again and again if neccessary.

So a couple of questions:

Reading the Audyssey guide posted in the sticky, the work flow says to not run a sub auto correction if your sub has that feature but reading the Audyssey website, Chris mentions to run the sub auto correction first then Audyssey. When I had the Denons, I had a sub which didn't have an auto correction feature so this is new to me. Which is the preferred method?

Does setting the xover of my fronts at 60hz, center at 70hz and surrounds at 80hz make a difference in sub output than just setting all at 80hz? I have Polk RTi12s as fronts, CSi5 as the center and 4 x RTi4s as surrounds.

Lastly, maybe I missed this in the manual but I'm trying to get the receiver to not post process any audio unless I tell it. I believe I read if I use Direct or Pure Audio, Audyssey is disabled. I want to have Audyssey on but not have it do PIIx on it's own which it seems to do. When I had the Pio, Auto would add PIIx, Direct would keep MCACC and not do PIIx and Pure Direct would disable MCACC. I want to know how to get it to just pass whatever audio through with only Audyssey enabled (screen should read DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, etc. and not PIIx DTS-HD MA, etc.)?

TIA!

Adrian
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 09:34 AM 09-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian457 View Post
New owner of an 809 as of Monday. I ran Audyssey on Tuesday and like some have reported, the sub didn't sound good. I had a Pioneer Elite SC-05 before purchasing this and it didn't calibrate the sub. I've owned Denons before so I know how to use Audyssey but I am getting very little if any sub output. I only ran it once as I have dogs and it was hard enough to get them out of the house for one run of Audyssey let alone 3 or 4 like some have said they needed to do. They will be going to the vet on Saturday so I will have some alone time to run Audyssey again and again if neccessary.
Although you can certainly "enable" Audyssey having only run one mic position, ideally you want to gather as much data as possible, running all 8 mic positions within a 2'-3' radius around the #1 main listening position at ear height and above any couch back using either a camera tripod or boom mic stand.

Quote:
Reading the Audyssey guide posted in the sticky, the work flow says to not run a sub auto correction if your sub has that feature but reading the Audyssey website, Chris mentions to run the sub auto correction first then Audyssey. When I had the Denons, I had a sub which didn't have an auto correction feature so this is new to me. Which is the preferred method?
Easy ... the preferred method is whatever you the owner prefer. Try it both ways, but as Chris notes, run the sub EQ first before running Audyssey.

Quote:
Does setting the xover of my fronts at 60hz, center at 70hz and surrounds at 80hz make a difference in sub output than just setting all at 80hz? I have Polk RTi12s as fronts, CSi5 as the center and 4 x RTi4s as surrounds.
Although the higher you set the crossover, the more load you pass to the sub, you may not notice the small changes you suggest. Again, try it both ways and if you cannot tell any difference, leave them all set to 80hz.

Quote:
Lastly, maybe I missed this in the manual but I'm trying to get the receiver to not post process any audio unless I tell it. I believe I read if I use Direct or Pure Audio, Audyssey is disabled. I want to have Audyssey on but not have it do PIIx on it's own which it seems to do. When I had the Pio, Auto would add PIIx, Direct would keep MCACC and not do PIIx and Pure Direct would disable MCACC. I want to know how to get it to just pass whatever audio through with only Audyssey enabled (screen should read DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, etc. and not PIIx DTS-HD MA, etc.)?
Correct. Pure or Direct will disable Audyssey. When a DD/DTS 5.1 signal is being fed by a source, you should be able to select either DD or DTS rather than DD PLIIx to ensure there is no 7.1 simulation.
rstambo's Avatar rstambo 10:07 AM 09-15-2011
Hi. Onkyo released a new firmware update dated 9/14/2011

According to the website it only address one thing:

1. Stabilizes continuous playback from USB memory/DLNA server

Unfortunately it seems it docent address anything else. Guess we will have to wait and see as people upgrade to see if anything else has changed.

Ron
adrian457's Avatar adrian457 10:20 AM 09-15-2011
[quote=jdsmoothie;20953480]Although you can certainly "enable" Audyssey having only run one mic position, ideally you want to gather as much data as possible, running all 8 mic positions within a 2'-3' radius around the #1 main listening position at ear height and above any couch back using either a camera tripod or boom mic stand.[quote]

Thanks for the responses. In regards to the reply above, I meant I ran all 8 positions but only ran Audyssey one time in total. Some posts indicated that they had to run Audyssey a couple of times before the sub sounded correct. I only had a chance to run it in full one time. I never had this issues with the Denons I had owned. Audyssey was spot on. I'm getting a week thud from the sub using Audyssey but when I put it direct mode the sub sounds a whole lot better.

I will play a song with a good bass line this Saturday in stereo mode so that it uses the sub lfe for bass. I will then move the sub around until I get what I feel is some good sounding LFE. Then rerun Audyssey and see if that helps.
wl1's Avatar wl1 11:52 AM 09-15-2011
I agree with your new plan of action, as it sounds like audyssey is reducing bass output too much for your taste. Did you select Music as the Audyssey profile at the end?

I would listen to a 5.1 DTS-HD movie soundtrack and see if LFE are good - if so, you may realise the Audyssey room correction / flat response is not to your liking. It doesn't mean it is wrong though. In which case stick with Pure.

Also,
I was told by Onkyo support to make sure BGC for sub is OFF. And ensure each consecutive reading with mic is 1m away from the previous one. best of luck
adrian457's Avatar adrian457 12:17 PM 09-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post

I agree with your new plan of action, as it sounds like audyssey is reducing bass output too much for your taste. Did you select Music as the Audyssey profile at the end?

I would listen to a 5.1 DTS-HD movie soundtrack and see if LFE are good - if so, you may realise the Audyssey room correction / flat response is not to your liking. It doesn't mean it is wrong though. In which case stick with Pure.

Also,
I was told by Onkyo support to make sure BGC for sub is OFF. And ensure each consecutive reading with mic is 1m away from the previous one. best of luck

I had used "movie" as my Audyssey selection.

I tried Transformers II (Dreamworks/Paramount beginning) and U-571 (Depth Charge scene) and nothing much from the sub with Audyssey engaged. Engaged Direct instead and sub thumped.

As far as the different reading spots I think I will use the same spots but try to space them a little more.

Well Saturday is 1-1/2 days away. Till then no movie watching for me .
FantaXP7's Avatar FantaXP7 12:42 PM 09-15-2011
Quote:

I had used "movie" as my Audyssey selection.

I tried Transformers II (Dreamworks/Paramount beginning) and U-571 (Depth Charge scene) and nothing much from the sub with Audyssey engaged. Engaged Direct instead and sub thumped.

As far as the different reading spots I think I will use the same spots but try to space them a little more.

Well Saturday is 1-1/2 days away. Till then no movie watching for me .

What sub do you have? Did you get a bottoming out sound at all?

I am beginning to think maybe something is wrong with my subs in my towers
videoaddikt's Avatar videoaddikt 09:37 PM 09-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

Generally, from what I read from the forum 'sticky' about Audyssey, the only time one really needs to do a 'tone/meter' setting is in the case of multiple subwoofer in different locations.

I am used to the doing the meter thing, having come from the analog world.
This is my first experience with a 'self-correcting' system.

One can certainly experiment, but from the Audyssey data I saw, with the exception of the sub distance, the other distances are darn close to what I used to get using tape measure. The sub distance will generally be greater than a direct measurement because of time phase factors, and I don't think I would want to change those to actual 'ruler' distances.

When I used the meter before, I would first measure from the main listening point. The Audyssey measures from each mic location and the calculates (averages?) the resulting distance. Even at that, the resulting data is very much as I would have expected.

Again, I am not saying there may not be advantages to doing manual measurement and subsequent measurements/adjustments. Certainly, many of us have tweaked up xover settings to something we feel is more balanced or pleases our ears more.

One should be mindful of how Audyssey works and like any system may have some limitations. Often those are the result of not being able to mitigate every possible condition.

Of course considering the acoustical properties of the room and proper speaker placement before relying on any automated correction system or even doing a manual tone & meter measurement, will always reap the best benefit in the end.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 02:44 AM 09-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoaddikt View Post

The sub distance will generally be greater than a direct measurement because of time phase factors, and I don't think I would want to change those to actual 'ruler' distances.

Correct. The sub "distance" allows for a delay in the sub's filters and therefore the resulting "distance" should not be adjusted.

Quote:

When I used the meter before, I would first measure from the main listening point. The Audyssey measures from each mic location and the calculates (averages?) the resulting distance. Even at that, the resulting data is very much as I would have expected.

The speaker distance/sub delay readings are only taken from the 1st mic position.
cadett's Avatar cadett 07:45 AM 09-16-2011
Quote:

Generally, from what I read from the forum 'sticky' about Audyssey, the only time one really needs to do a 'tone/meter' setting is in the case of multiple subwoofer in different locations.

I am used to the doing the meter thing, having come from the analog world.
This is my first experience with a 'self-correcting' system.

One can certainly experiment, but from the Audyssey data I saw, with the exception of the sub distance, the other distances are darn close to what I used to get using tape measure. The sub distance will generally be greater than a direct measurement because of time phase factors, and I don't think I would want to change those to actual 'ruler' distances.

Again, I am not saying there may not be advantages to doing manual measurement and subsequent measurements/adjustments. Certainly, many of us have tweaked up xover settings to something we feel is more balanced or pleases our ears more.

One should be mindful of how Audyssey works and like any system may have some limitations. Often those are the result of not being able to mitigate every possible condition.

Of course considering the acoustical properties of the room and proper speaker placement before relying on any automated correction system or even doing a manual tone & meter measurement, will always reap the best benefit in the end.

When using Audyssey, the first measurement that is taken calculates distance(delay) & speaker level. The measurments after that are collecting the data to calculate the offsets for filtering. The speakers levels are merely a reference point. In practicality you can set them to whatever ones heart desires, but inorder for Audyssey to function as intended, 75db is the desired reference level in a home enviroment. I personally find that if you use Audyssey to set the levels, it works fine. However when I compare it with a spl meter, I notice that the speakers tend to varry 1db from each other & only measure 73db as per what Audyssey sets them too. However, my meter may be off 2bl, but I know the included Audyssey mic is speced to +/-2db, so who knows. Just for my personal taste I set everything with the spl meter to 75db, & then bump my center up a couple db(for clearer dialogue) & bump my sub up a couple db(sounds more accurate with music & I plus I have a opening to my kitchen near my sub, so it helps compensate for that). I think Audyssey is a wonderful solution for a typical home set-up, but it can't account for everything, like in my case, the opening near my sub.
videoaddikt's Avatar videoaddikt 08:43 AM 09-16-2011
I agree, I can see that Audyssey or any auto-cal can not account for every situation or nuance in a particular instance. It can be a convenient starting point for those of us into fine-tuning for our own ears as well as our unique environments. For others, it may get them close enough to a good setup.

I appreciate the further clarifications and discussions. It is very helpful.
ekkoville's Avatar ekkoville 11:50 AM 09-16-2011
Does anyone know how to do a hard reset of the firmware? I did the latest update today via network, it said Completed! but it won't turn on. It shows a brief display on the front panel and then nothing. I unplugged and replugged it in, but nothing. I believe I may have had an interruption in the network during the update, but I'm not sure if that affected it since it show completed. I did an upgrade of firmware about ten days ago and it went fine then. I tried upgrading this morning after I saw a post that said there was another update for download. The manual talks about the process and error codes that can be had during a bad update but nothing about this kind of result.

EDIT: Found it. Hopefully the reset works when I get home.
Viventis's Avatar Viventis 12:03 PM 09-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstambo View Post

Hi. Onkyo released a new firmware update dated 9/14/2011

According to the website it only address one thing:

1. Stabilizes continuous playback from USB memory/DLNA server

Unfortunately it seems it docent address anything else. Guess we will have to wait and see as people upgrade to see if anything else has changed.

Ron

I updated via USB. It was very fast. I got the "Completed" message in less than 10 minutes. However, comparing the 16 number code to the one on the web site, the first 8 are different, the last 8 are identical. The site said that if any of the numbers were different, that an update was needed. So, I downloaded the update again and used a different USB stick but got the message that I already was up to date. Can anyone else verify this, especially the different 16 digit code. The AVR seems be working OK. Maybe it's just a typo on the code numbers.
ekkoville's Avatar ekkoville 12:05 PM 09-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

I updated via USB. It was very fast. I got the "Completed" message iin less than 10 minutes. However, comparing the 16 number code to the one on the web site, the first 8 are different, the last 8 are identical. I downloaded the update again and used a different USB stick but got the message that I already was up to date. Can anyone else verify this, especially the different 16 digit code.

Ya know, I didn't check the code numbers but I did get a messed up download. Is yours powering up at least?
Viventis's Avatar Viventis 12:25 PM 09-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post

Does anyone know how to do a hard reset of the firmware? I did the latest update today via network, it said Completed! but it won't turn on. It shows a brief display on the front panel and then nothing. I unplugged and replugged it in, but nothing. I believe I may have had an interruption in the network during the update, but I'm not sure if that affected it since it show completed. I did an upgrade of firmware about ten days ago and it went fine then. I tried upgrading this morning after I saw a post that said there was another update for download. The manual talks about the process and error codes that can be had during a bad update but nothing about this kind of result.

EDIT: Found it. Hopefully the reset works when I get home.

I wonder if there is something Wonky with this new firmware? See my post below yours. Also, if the reset works, post the steps please.
Viventis's Avatar Viventis 12:28 PM 09-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post

Ya know, I didn't check the code numbers but I did get a messed up download. Is yours powering up at least?

Yes. Mine seems perfectly fine except for the extremely short upload time and the different code numbers. I did mine via USB stick if that makes a difference.
Tags: Onkyo Tx Nr809 , Component Amplifiers , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo Tx Nr808
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop