Official Integra DTR-20.3/30.3/40.3/50.3 Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 325 Old 10-22-2013, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Help! Integra 30.3 stopped all audio output while USB and NET say Now Initialize on screen

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

I have an Integra 30.3 HT unit. It drives a Dynaudio Audiance 122c, two Polk Rears (or Dyn 42s depending on setup at the time). I drive a sub with the sub out cable and send the front Pre Outs to my main rig.

A couple times when firing up the whole system, which includes an OPPO93, I had to turn all off and on again because of no sound but it always re-syncs upon restart. The last movie I watched was a ripped version of This is the end that I had as an AVI file. It kept throwing staticy crackling noises thru the speakers so I thought it was just a bad rip.

I changed rooms and watched it thru another OPPO93 and smaller 2ch rig with no issues.

Well last night I went to setup some tunes for massage night from USB stick into the Integra. When switching to USB input, the display switches to "Now Initializ". It also says that for NET input.

I get absolutely no sound from any input or Headphone output but the unit appears to be OK in Tuner, DVD and such.

A Factory Reset also did nothing to help.

Is there a blown fuse? Or is this an issue of a chincy electronic part ruining a $500 unit? I have to pull my paperwork and think I may still be in the 3 years for waranty, but hoping there is a simple solution.

Someone mentioned a partial firmware update but it looks like the lates updates were USB only and now the unit will not read any stick, just says "Now Initializ"

Thanks!

Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA 1 MKII > Counterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continental Speakers via Synsergistic Research Cabling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 325 Old 10-22-2013, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post

Help! Integra 30.3 stopped all audio output while USB and NET say Now Initialize on screen

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

I have an Integra 30.3 HT unit. It drives a Dynaudio Audiance 122c, two Polk Rears (or Dyn 42s depending on setup at the time). I drive a sub with the sub out cable and send the front Pre Outs to my main rig.

A couple times when firing up the whole system, which includes an OPPO93, I had to turn all off and on again because of no sound but it always re-syncs upon restart. The last movie I watched was a ripped version of This is the end that I had as an AVI file. It kept throwing staticy crackling noises thru the speakers so I thought it was just a bad rip.

I changed rooms and watched it thru another OPPO93 and smaller 2ch rig with no issues.

Well last night I went to setup some tunes for massage night from USB stick into the Integra. When switching to USB input, the display switches to "Now Initializ". It also says that for NET input.

I get absolutely no sound from any input or Headphone output but the unit appears to be OK in Tuner, DVD and such.

A Factory Reset also did nothing to help.

Is there a blown fuse? Or is this an issue of a chincy electronic part ruining a $500 unit? I have to pull my paperwork and think I may still be in the 3 years for waranty, but hoping there is a simple solution.

Someone mentioned a partial firmware update but it looks like the lates updates were USB only and now the unit will not read any stick, just says "Now Initializ"

Thanks!

Are you able to update the firmware via the Ethernet port? Firmware update will most likely not help, but hey you have nothing else to lose.
post #303 of 325 Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 AM

Thanks, I did have that suggestion but when I checked, the latest firmware updates are USB only and that wont see a stick.

I spoke with Integra and it will be shipped out for Warranty repair. It just sucks that I have to spend so much to ship this heavy pc after only 2 years of maybe 4 movies per month use.

I don't think I will purchase another Integra pc anytime soon. The quality is no different than Onkyo and you pay $300 more for a 3 year warranty instead of 1.

Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA 1 MKII > Counterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continental Speakers via Synsergistic Research Cabling
post #304 of 325 Old 10-23-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:

Thanks, I did have that suggestion but when I checked, the latest firmware updates are USB only and that wont see a stick.

I spoke with Integra and it will be shipped out for Warranty repair. It just sucks that I have to spend so much to ship this heavy pc after only 2 years of maybe 4 movies per month use.

I don't think I will purchase another Integra pc anytime soon. The quality is no different than Onkyo and you pay $300 more for a 3 year warranty instead of 1.

Man that's rough, i'm really sorry to hear it. I completely empathize though as i'm in the same boat. Once I completed my setup (took me about a year), I was finally in a position to run audyssey but the setup was never successful thanks to what seems like a faulty board. I only had the unit for about 1.5 years so now I have to ship it out for warranty repair and the best part is, we're still somehow stuck with the bill. I know that is the case with pretty much every manufacturer, but I find that ridiculous. But of course it doesn't just end there, then you're also stuck with not being able to use your gear for however long it takes them to receive the shipment, process it, repair it, and ship it back. mad.gif
post #305 of 325 Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOandME View Post

Quote:

Man that's rough, i'm really sorry to hear it. I completely empathize though as i'm in the same boat. Once I completed my setup (took me about a year), I was finally in a position to run audyssey but the setup was never successful thanks to what seems like a faulty board. I only had the unit for about 1.5 years so now I have to ship it out for warranty repair and the best part is, we're still somehow stuck with the bill. I know that is the case with pretty much every manufacturer, but I find that ridiculous. But of course it doesn't just end there, then you're also stuck with not being able to use your gear for however long it takes them to receive the shipment, process it, repair it, and ship it back. mad.gif

Well at least with Integra, you get a 3 year warranty instead of the Onkyo 1 year.

After talking to Onkyo and the repair house, I shipped it out last week. They said 2-3 week turnaround so I have no clue when to expect it back. Hopefully I did not cause the issue running the pre outs into another pre aux-in. But I doubt it, more likely cheap foreign parts and lousy quality control.

post #306 of 325 Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 AM

Liked: 10
I have a 50.3 that is just shy of two years of service that did the same thing. No audio output and USB and ethernet port don't work. I'm sure this is all related to the HDMI board issue all the Onkyo users bitch about. I took my unit right back to the guy I bought it from and he is handling getting it out and back for warranty service. He reminded me that I will have to cover one way shipping as per the warranty but said it will only cost me $35. $35...I doubt that's the number I would have gotten walking into a Fed Ex store with a carton weighing in at 50lbs plus insurance. Glad I went with the local guy and Intergra for the support and warranty. I love the unit and hope it's fixed properly for many more years of trouble free service. Meanwhile my tried and true damn near 14 year old Made in Japan Denon 5.1 AVR is back in the main room. This unit is the ****, only upgraded to get HDMI switching and a display I can read from the couch. The Denon has so many hours on it the display is super dim, if anyone has a working FL101 display laying around I'd be interested.
post #307 of 325 Old 11-15-2013, 09:30 AM

I am sort of glad to hear that I did not kill my unit with my setup and that it sounds like a semi-common issue with cheap parts and QC failures.

I hope they put better parts in as replacement. I sent mine USPS insured for $28 but I am in PA and service is in NJ 60 miles away.

post #308 of 325 Old 11-26-2013, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well, mine just fell prey to the HDMI issue. Will report when it gets back. My dealer was very courteous. The board is backordered, so we will see how long it will take.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Mitsubishi HC5500 Projector
Integra DTR-50.3 7.1 Receiver
Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #309 of 325 Old 12-14-2013, 09:54 AM

I just got mine back in working order. On the phone they said it was the HDMI Board but of course the lame paperwork just said Electrical Parts.

Anyhow, it is back in action and I am happy to watch movies in surround again. Currently setup with Dynaudio 82s - 122c - 42s and a Mirage Omni-12 sub.

Happy Holidays all!

Brian

post #310 of 325 Old 12-15-2013, 06:32 PM

I have a DTR 30.3 that I got from Craigslist about a year ago. Now I do not have any sound the video works fine and the update option is greyed out. Since I do not have a receipt I showed to the local service center who report its a faulty HDMI board. What are my choices here. Please help.
post #311 of 325 Old 12-16-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiboston View Post

I have a DTR 30.3 that I got from Craigslist about a year ago. Now I do not have any sound the video works fine and the update option is greyed out. Since I do not have a receipt I showed to the local service center who report its a faulty HDMI board. What are my choices here. Please help.

Tough luck desi. Since the warranties don't transfer and moreover you don't have the actual/official receipt it sounds like your only choice is to pay for repair. Other than that your only option would be to purchase a new receiver. frown.gif
post #312 of 325 Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 AM

It will cost about $250 to repair, which is about the difference in price between the Onkyo version and same unit labeled Integra. As far as I can tell now, the only difference between the 2 is looks and a 3 year warranty instead of a 1 year.

I guess Integra and HK are off my list for future units since they both failed with way less than average use before they should have.

post #313 of 325 Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 AM

I have an Integra DTR 40.3. I'm connecting to my router via an ethernet hub. I'm using the same hub to connect my tv and dvd player. I can't seem to get a connection to my DTR using the hub. But if I string a long ethernet cable to the router (down the hall) I get a great connection.

I called Integra and they said the receiver needs 5 volts of power. So maybe the hub is the problem. Does anyone know a solution? Thanks.
post #314 of 325 Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 AM

Liked: 11
All,

I have an almost 2 yr old Integra 40.3 that just started having the no audio issue. I called my installer who sold it to me and they had not heard of this before and said they would call the rep and ask. The next day my installer sent me an email saying the problem is likely to get worse and Integra announced on Wed, March 19th, that they will swap it out for a new, current, comparable unit. For those of you that are having this issue and want to keep the 40.3 it will need to be shipped in for a board replacement. I have not heard back from my installer yet on what the replacement model number will be. I don;t believe the 40.3 is being mfg any longer.

Thanks!
post #315 of 325 Old 03-21-2014, 11:08 AM

Replacement model is the 40.5!
post #316 of 325 Old 03-25-2014, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
I can finally join the Integra club. My brother got me a sweet deal on a Integra DTR-20.3 and I am loving this unit. However, nothing is perfect and with this unit, I am having issues with online radio apps. I was able to get Spotify after updating its firmware but the playback sounded like crap compared to Pandora and vTuner. Also, a lot of my tracks in my playlists were not available. It shows in the list but when I select them to play it puts up a message on screen saying the track isn't available.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #317 of 325 Old 04-11-2014, 01:57 PM

Received the replacement 40.5 yesterday with a full 3 year Warranty!!
old corps likes this.
post #318 of 325 Old 05-11-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewilly1 View Post

I have an Integra DTR 40.3. I'm connecting to my router via an ethernet hub. I'm using the same hub to connect my tv and dvd player. I can't seem to get a connection to my DTR using the hub. But if I string a long ethernet cable to the router (down the hall) I get a great connection.

I called Integra and they said the receiver needs 5 volts of power. So maybe the hub is the problem. Does anyone know a solution? Thanks.

I have a similar problem with my Integra DTR-40.4. About 12 mths after buying the DTR-40.4 I lost ethernet connection totally although all the other devices (TV, DVD, Apple TV, Sonos) connected to the router had no problem. The DTR-40.4 was repaired under warranty and has been operating 9 mths without a problem.  However now when I go to turn it on from 'Standby' the DTR-40.4 turns on but it would seem to immediately loose the ethernet connection to my router.  After a lot of fiddling around it will sometimes pick up the ethernet connection and hold it until I put it into 'Standby' and then I'm faced with the same problem. It's now back with the repairer.

I am assuming that my router is okay since I have no problem with the other devices and the fact that the DTR-40.4 works successfully for some months before exhibiting the network problem.

Although I can't offer any solution it would seem that there is some inherent problem with the network component of the Integra.  It would be interesting to hear if other Integra owners are experiencing similar problems.

post #319 of 325 Old 08-18-2014, 08:22 AM

Does anyone know how to use the results from REW to manually calibrate/EQ a 40.3? I went through all the menus and I do not see anywhere I can manually input the results I've obtained using REW. I have a feeling this can't be done with this AVR.

Last edited by AUDIOandME; 08-18-2014 at 01:33 PM.
post #320 of 325 Old 08-31-2014, 01:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Most of the posts in the last year here (all 6), have dealt with problems on this series. So how many of you are still happy? My retailer friend at the local shop says he has sold about 30 50.3's and has had about 2 come back for warranty work. Anybody out there that would or could attest to being in the possible 94% of satisfied customers? I have had an older Integra for 10 years, have always loved it, and it still runs great. But no HDMI. I believe a used 50.3 I am looking at would fit my needs nicely. Hopefully.
Thanks for any reply.

Last edited by Dave224; 08-31-2014 at 01:35 AM.
post #321 of 325 Old 09-03-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave224 View Post
Most of the posts in the last year here (all 6), have dealt with problems on this series. So how many of you are still happy? My retailer friend at the local shop says he has sold about 30 50.3's and has had about 2 come back for warranty work. Anybody out there that would or could attest to being in the possible 94% of satisfied customers? I have had an older Integra for 10 years, have always loved it, and it still runs great. But no HDMI. I believe a used 50.3 I am looking at would fit my needs nicely. Hopefully.
Thanks for any reply.
I am very happy with my 50.3. I did have to get the Mother Board replaced at about the 1-year mark, but it was under warranty, fortunately. Very nice sound, in my opinion
post #322 of 325 Old 09-04-2014, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post
I am very happy with my 50.3. I did have to get the Mother Board replaced at about the 1-year mark, but it was under warranty, fortunately. Very nice sound, in my opinion
Thanks for the reply. I read many of your previous posts and am sorry for the problem you had with it. Obviously, I was hoping for someone to say that theirs has worked like a champ from day 1. I did buy the used one and am hoping that after three years, if it has had no problem, maybe it won't. If it does, guess I'll just get it fixed. I will still be an Integra fan. They have had a bad spat with the HDMI board on some of these series- my retailer friend said they just tried to make one board do too much. But they are not alone with chip/heat issues in a feature rich and relatively new HDMI competitive environment. They have about the best warranty around and you usually don't have to use it. Those that say the warranty is the only difference from Onkyo are misinformed. Many Integra parts are premium and are installed by hand. You can see and feel the difference. Onkyo's are assembled by a robot. The reason Onkyo's are cheaper is because they cost less to make. And there is a reason for that. I hope your 50.3 works well for a long time, as I hope mine will.
post #323 of 325 Old 09-22-2014, 04:47 PM

Does anyone know if Integra will be coming out with a firmware update for the Atmos and Auro playback? As more new content (blurays) is released, I'm sure many will utilize these new formats from DTS and Dolby. I really hope Integra does this for this series of receivers.
post #324 of 325 Old 09-30-2014, 11:47 AM

I have a DTR-30.4 that I bought in March of last year, 2013...and it is still going. Almost 2 years. I hope I do not have any problems. However I do not route my sources into the HDMI Inputs. Due to so many problems with HDMI on AVR's. I tried HDMI for a while, but would get Pops, Clicks, and Audio Crackle here and there, mainly on PCM and Dolby Codecs. No pops or clicks though on DTS-HD.

I mainly use mine for Audio Purposes only. I am currently using it as a Pre-Amp for my two main front speakers, which run off a RB-1552 Class A/B Analog Rotel Amp. Which sounds like heaven to me, when listening to 2 Channel Music. Lossless of course.

I think they need to stop packing so much into AVR's. Which obviously causes more problems. Break everything down into separates. Like stand alone HDMI A/V Switchers which you can route into your Receiver or pre-amp. Use Separate Amps, instead of packing 7 or 9 channel amps into 1 AV Receiver. As those heat up, along with everything else heating up inside, during use.

Make it simple. Like the old days. Also I think HDMI (to a certain extent) is one of the worst things ever invented. Meaning packing 19 pins connected to wires to push both HD Video and Audio at the same time. It's just too much. I'd like to keep A/V Cables Separate.

However, I have never seen HDMI problems with just using an HDTV hooked into a DVR Cable Box and nothing else. I've had my HDTV in 1 room hooked into 1 Cable Box via HDMI and never had any problems with Audio or Video. For about 6 years now. HDMI needs to be takin out of the AVR and put into a separate external box, that interconnects with the Receiver & Components. As i think the heat with everything else inside damages the HDMI Boards over time in the AVR.

I'm only running 5.1 right now via TOSLINK Fiber Optic. Which I prefer Optical for Audio Sources, as it reads sound through light and is not susceptible to EMF/RF Interference. Where as Digital COAX and HDMI read sound Electronically and are prone to loud Pops and Clicks through the speakers, as I've experienced. It would be nice for them to make Optical Cables to support HDMI 7.1 Sound and beyond (Dolby Atmos etc.). But that's just me.

Also for those having trouble using the Ethernet Port on your AVR, just use an external box, like WDTV Live to stream Spotify and vTuner etc, Mine works flawlessly on streaming, and I'm using a cheap 2.4 GHz $50.00 Cisco Router, that I've had since 2011. However I'd like to ugrade to a 5 Ghz Router. Hopefully soon.
post #325 of 325 Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

It is probably been discussed, but what would you recommend to be the best resolution setting when hooking the TV (mine is a projector)? Through, Auto, or is there a better recommendation?

Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page