Official Integra DTR-20.3/30.3/40.3/50.3 Thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 334 Old 01-19-2015, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitdoc View Post
Can a stereo power amp be used to power just the front stereo pair with the DTR30.3 while using the 30.3's amp to power the rears and center?

Or, will I need to get a 7.1 power amp to get more juice to the fronts? (I've bi-amped my front stereo pair)

The owner's manual seems to indicate the latter, ie, hook ALL the speakers to the power amp, then use the 30.3 as a preamp.

Thanks, in advance.

S
I don't see why not. All of those outputs (preamp/speaker) are active and the volume controls both. I'm 99% sure I've done it before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 334 Old 02-17-2015, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLife View Post
I don't see why not. All of those outputs (preamp/speaker) are active and the volume controls both. I'm 99% sure I've done it before.
Yes. I just did it with a Peachtree Grand Integrated. Connect the 30.3 from it's preamp outputs to the inputs on the other amp. Stereo pair in front get connected to the other amp.
post #333 of 334 Old 02-17-2015, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
30.3 Not Windows Certified?

I'm trying to stream to the 30.3 with Windows Media Player. WMP recognizes the 30.3 on the network, but gives me the 'not windows certified' message in the 'Play to' dropdown, and when I try to play to the 30.3, I get 'device cannot be controlled'.

Can the 30.3 not be used to play from WMP?

S
post #334 of 334 Old 03-06-2015, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i just got a 75" Samsung 4K. I am trying to use the built in apps and am having an issue with the ARC.

When I connect an HDMI between the ARC input on the TV and the ARC output on the DTR-40.3, I do receive sound (and obviously picture). When I switch to any other source connected directly to the receiver, I have sound but no picture. If I connect a second HDMI to the secondary output on the 40.3 and another input on the TV, I get a picture. If I understand correctly, this is not normal. Shouldn't it all work through one HDMI?

Also, possibly related, when I turn on the receiver to the BD input, because of RIHD being enabled for the ARC, the TV turns on. Cool right? Not so much. A few seconds later it switches automatically to the TV/CD input and I have to switch it back. Problem is that I have an Elan system that fires macros based on input status so it shuts the PC connected to the BD input back off. So then I have to switch back and wait for it to turn back on. I could disable that in programming but then, if the PC doesn't shut off and you switch sources, there is no audio on the PC until I reboot.

I've loved Integra for a long time but honestly, I'm about to dump it and switch to a Yamaha.

Any info on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra