post #91 of 319 Old 08-24-2011, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by william06 View Post

I tell you I have enjoyed the 40.3 so much being my first Integra that I spoke to my dealer today and he offered to let me return it to purchase a 50.3. As I feel these models are keepers for a while I wanted the few extra features from the 50.3 The video processing and extra power and extra usp imput. I do use the two HDMI outputs and am currently using the main for my PJ to upscale my older video sources such as LD. I believ the processing in the 50.3 will add to that experience. One thing of all the receivers i have had this one has had absolutely no glitches what soever Video or audio. a smooth sweet sound and great HDMI compatability. I would reccoment these to anyone .

A 70.2 or 80.2 would be a much better trade up. See if you can grab one of your dealers demo models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 319 Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 View Post

A 70.2 or 80.2 would be a much better trade up. See if you can grab one of your dealers demo models.

Actually he did I am drawing the line at the 50.3 more than enough for me. I had an onkyo 5007 and a 5008 similar to the larger integras. I initially sold them to downzize a bit and I think the 50.3 is good enough for my needs. If I was going to go that route again I would wait for the.3s

post #93 of 319 Old 08-24-2011, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

What do you need the video processing for?
post #94 of 319 Old 08-25-2011, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What do you need the video processing for?

it helps with my older analoog sources and some tv. it can make a huge diffeence.

post #95 of 319 Old 08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

it helps with my older analoog sources and some tv. it can make a huge diffeence.

Did you find a noticeble difference in the video domain with the HQV Vida vs the Reon in the 5008?
post #96 of 319 Old 08-25-2011, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Reason I ask is I only watch hd channels and blu rays. I don't see the need for a video processor. I would much prefer the higher wattage and arguably the best calibration software out especially if you are running two subs.
post #97 of 319 Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Reason I ask is I only watch hd channels and blu rays. I don't see the need for a video processor. I would much prefer the higher wattage and arguably the best calibration software out especially if you are running two subs.

First off I find the video processing on and off much better than the 5007/8 series ov onks. also over the pioneer sc35. I have nothing but good things to say so far in cluding no handshake issues whatsoever and no stuttering using the video processor like I had with the reon. or the marvell from pioneer. Not as bad on the pioneer.

As far as audio go the poewe in the 40.3 was frantastic with my speakers drove without any strain at all with high volume in either multi channel sacd or HDMI dts hd audio. My two subs are both 18" and powered one a big Velo and the other a ADS. power there is also no issue. I do think for my room and set up the 40.3 and 50.3 especially the 50.3 are more than enough. This is comming from a guy the always bought the top of the line in most cases.

post #98 of 319 Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

First off I find the video processing on and off much better than the 5007/8 series ov onks. also over the pioneer sc35. I have nothing but good things to say so far in cluding no handshake issues whatsoever and no stuttering using the video processor like I had with the reon. or the marvell from pioneer. Not as bad on the pioneer.

As far as audio go the poewe in the 40.3 was frantastic with my speakers drove without any strain at all with high volume in either multi channel sacd or HDMI dts hd audio. My two subs are both 18" and powered one a big Velo and the other a ADS. power there is also no issue. I do think for my room and set up the 40.3 and 50.3 especially the 50.3 are more than enough. This is comming from a guy the always bought the top of the line in most cases.

Just so you know I'm not trying to sell you on this but the reason I want the 70.2 or 80.2 is because it allows you to set phase/delay independently for each sub with audyssey sub eq ht only found in processors with multeq xt32. I have a weird room where one of my subs is at the base of a hallway. I had three different pairs of SUbs in this room and always have to run the hallway sub at 180 phase and the other sub which is corner loaded to 0 phase. Since I use a pro amp I don't have the phase control knob on the back of the amp and the only option is to buy that equalizer from SVS for $800. Instead i decided to move out of the condo and into a house on the 1st.
post #99 of 319 Old 08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just so you know I'm not trying to sell you on this but the reason I want the 70.2 or 80.2 is because it allows you to set phase/delay independently for each sub with audyssey sub eq ht only found in processors with multeq xt32. I have a weird room where one of my subs is at the base of a hallway. I had three different pairs of SUbs in this room and always have to run the hallway sub at 180 phase and the other sub which is corner loaded to 0 phase. Since I use a pro amp I don't have the phase control knob on the back of the amp and the only option is to buy that equalizer from SVS for $800. Instead i decided to move out of the condo and into a house on the 1st.

No I absolutely understand that you are not trying to sell me on the 70 or 80.2 you have very valid reasons to want to try them. I was just expressing my .02. I had the pleasure of having the xt32 and it did a very good job. I went from that to the Macc on the pioneer and found it was not too much of a letdown. But when I finally got the 40.3 with just the xt set up right I found I did not miss the xt32. and I just felt upgrading to the 50.3 would be sufficient for my needs a bit more power , video processing and I like the two usb imputs. and a couple of other features. I did almost get the 70.2 as my dealer would have given me a great price on the floor sample. I used restraint a new word for me in this crazy expensive hobby. I will look forward as to how the xt3 works out for you with your subs. Long story short I have been pleasantly pleased with the integra more than I thought I would feeling initially it basically a rebagged Onkyo. Yet I feel the 40.2 sounds quite a lot better than my 5008 did and less handshaking and other issues . To me it sounds looks and feels like a much nicer quality piece. Could be just justification and placebo for spending more than I had to. Oh well.

post #100 of 319 Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Just thought I would report that my 50.3 came in today and I exchanged my 40.3 for it. Was a breeze to set up . first the firmware update. over net no issues or freeze ups like on my 40.3.It is a bit heftier and solid, more power from the wall less strain and a bit more dynamic on peak music and sound effect. The Hq vida processing and isf settings are an improvement. Not that there was by any means any real problems with the 40.2. One thing I notices when turning off my tv with the receiver on all in past I would loose sound for a few seconds and than some times it would fade and come back . On the 50.3 this does not happen. A few more zones on the 50.3 and a nice supprise a lighted remote which the 40.5 did not have. Also some of my other pieces were automatically ablel to be controled from the new remote without me doing anything. The 40.3 being my first integra I was quite pleased in fact so pleased I upgrades to the 50.3. So if anyone is teetering on Integra I so far reccoment it. and If teetering between the 40.3 or 50.3 go for it. I still have a lot to try but so far a great little receiver. It is also nice buying from a local shop with intelligent knowledgeable people helping you. They go the extra mile and although I do not have money to burn It is well worth supporting small businesses like this than the (BB) box joint or some of the not so reputable on line dealers.

post #101 of 319 Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 PM

Liked: 10
Well I just picked up a used DTR-30.3 off eBay for $450 + $50 S&H. Not sure if I should have done that considering that the Onkyo 709 is going for $590 new on Amazon.

The unit I bought is missing the remote. I hope my Harmony can control all of its functions, otherwise, I'm gonna have to find one (anyone know where? Would I need to order direct through Integra/Onkyo?)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would care to care to alleviate some buyers remorse I have by letting me know if there is any advantage the 30.3 has over the 709. Thanks!
post #102 of 319 Old 09-01-2011, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneill5491 View Post

Well I just picked up a used DTR-30.3 off eBay for $450 + $50 S&H. Not sure if I should have done that considering that the Onkyo 709 is going for $590 new on Amazon.

The unit I bought is missing the remote. I hope my Harmony can control all of its functions, otherwise, I'm gonna have to find one (anyone know where? Would I need to order direct through Integra/Onkyo?)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would care to care to alleviate some buyers remorse I have by letting me know if there is any advantage the 30.3 has over the 709. Thanks!

Dude you got a great deal. I believe retail is $800 anyways. You also have to remember that integra is a much better line and the amp will stay much more true to specs when you add more channels into the mix. I bet the 30.3 puts out much more power when running all channels than the 709. Harmony remotes will do all the basic functions but if you are into tweaking or Internet radio then you are going to need a replacement remote. It will operate basic functions without too much difficultly or searching thru the 16 pages on the harmony screen. You can change inputs, volume, mute all thru the buttons on the remote. Maybe see which buttons you need the most and program those into the 4 programmable color coded buttons on harmony's. Also there is an onkyo remote on apple products app store for download. I would ask a few high end shops or even best buy if they have An extra. I convinced a best buy employee to give me the audyssey mic out of a denon open box once so anything is possible.
post #103 of 319 Old 09-01-2011, 09:01 AM

Since you are missing the remote, as a quick alternative you might try the ORemote app (assuming you have an iPhone or iPad). I'm not sure if it is available for droid or not, but the app appears to have all of the functions of the original remote, and then some. I just got my 50.3 set up in the last 3 days so I'm still figuring out a lot of things.
post #104 of 319 Old 09-01-2011, 09:06 AM

I have the 809. How does the oremote compare to the free one? Have u tried onkotron?

Hope you are enjoying the new unit.
post #105 of 319 Old 09-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:

You also have to remember that integra is a much better line and the amp will stay much more true to specs when you add more channels into the mix. I bet the 30.3 puts out much more power when running all channels than the 709.

Also there is an onkyo remote on apple products app store for download

I'm actually going to use the 30.3 as a pre/pro to my Emotiva amp. But I do find it interesting if what you say is true. I thought the low end products on the Integra line are simply rebadged Onkyo models.

Also, I don't have any apple products. I'm one of those anti-Apple, pro-Microsoft for world domination people.
post #106 of 319 Old 09-03-2011, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 167
For anyone who needs good pics of any new Integra 2011 model (even the 70.3 and 80.3)

http://www.gspr.com/integra/_in_photolib_fr.html

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

My Multimedia Room Gallery

post #107 of 319 Old 09-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Dude you got a great deal. I believe retail is $800 anyways. You also have to remember that integra is a much better line and the amp will stay much more true to specs when you add more channels into the mix. I bet the 30.3 puts out much more power when running all channels than the 709. Harmony remotes will do all the basic functions but if you are into tweaking or Internet radio then you are going to need a replacement remote. It will operate basic functions without too much difficultly or searching thru the 16 pages on the harmony screen. You can change inputs, volume, mute all thru the buttons on the remote. Maybe see which buttons you need the most and program those into the 4 programmable color coded buttons on harmony's. Also there is an onkyo remote on apple products app store for download. I would ask a few high end shops or even best buy if they have An extra. I convinced a best buy employee to give me the audyssey mic out of a denon open box once so anything is possible.

Integra is = in quality of parts as Onkyo.
post #108 of 319 Old 09-04-2011, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post
Integra is = in quality of parts as Onkyo.
Not to be argumentative but on what do you base that information.I am sure some or most of the processing chips are the same but there could be a difference in some of the hardware parts even down to the soddering joints etc. I have had the onk 5007 and 5008 and now the Integra 50.3 which I am very satisfied with. I feel it is not just placebo but the integra works in all areas to me much better than the Onkyos . Both in flawless PQ and SQ. It feels a bit less tinney and has not one handshaking issue with the same sources but the Onkyo did. It would be interesting to see someone with the experience and ability compare the insides of both. For example a 50.3 to an Onkyo 809. My only issue with the integra is the lack of on screen menus on the HDMI sub output that is there in the two higher end models.

post #109 of 319 Old 09-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Not to be argumentative but on what do you base that information.I am sure some or most of the processing chips are the same but there could be a difference in some of the hardware parts even down to the soddering joints etc. I have had the onk 5007 and 5008 and now the Integra 50.3 which I am very satisfied with. I feel it is not just placebo but the integra works in all areas to me much better than the Onkyos . Both in flawless PQ and SQ. It feels a bit less tinney and has not one handshaking issue with the same sources but the Onkyo did. It would be interesting to see someone with the experience and ability compare the insides of both. For example a 50.3 to an Onkyo 809. My only issue with the integra is the lack of on screen menus on the HDMI sub output that is there in the two higher end models.

I haven't had the upper-end Onkyo, but the handshake on the Integra is better IMO. The Onkyo I had served it's purpose, but I am really enjoying the Integra 50.3 a lot. Still playing with a few settings to learn. Sound is very clean.

Mitsubishi HC5500 Projector
Integra DTR-50.3 7.1 Receiver
Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #110 of 319 Old 09-04-2011, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post

I haven't had the upper-end Onkyo, but the handshake on the Integra is better IMO. The Onkyo I had served it's purpose, but I am really enjoying the Integra 50.3 a lot. Still playing with a few settings to learn. Sound is very clean.

glad you are enjoying also. The sound is christyl clear full of great detail in all channels.

post #111 of 319 Old 09-04-2011, 07:47 PM

I'm hoping some 50.3 owners will chime in...

So the situation is i owned a dtr 40.3 and really liked it, long story short I sold it to upgrade and am having a hard time deciding and I hope you guys can help. Without going into detail I can either buy a new 50.3 or for about $500 more buy the 40.2 preamp and the 70.1 power amp.

The pros of each

Already liked the 40.3
A little more power
Very impressive video processing

Dhc 40.2 & 70.1

A lot more power
The benefit of separates
Smiler video processing to the 40.3 I already had

My concerns are do I choose the separates or the better video processor. And I'm not interested in other brands for a lot of reasons

All comments are appreciated

Btw my system is

Klipsch in-wall 7.1 system with height channels R5800's and R5650's
Sony NX-810 for video. Crestron control system
post #112 of 319 Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary324 View Post

So the situation is i owned a dtr 40.3 and really liked it, long story short I sold it to upgrade and am having a hard time deciding and I hope you guys can help. Without going into detail I can either buy a new 50.3 or for about $500 more buy the 40.2 preamp and the 70.1 power amp.

The pros of each

Already liked the 40.3
A little more power

Dhc 40.2 & 70.1

A lot more power
The benefit of separates

My concerns are do I choose the separates or the better video processor. And I'm not interested in other brands for a lot of reasons

Btw my system is

Have a look at some of the manufacturing issues with the xxx.2 models that (so far) haven't been a problem with the xxx.3 models.
post #113 of 319 Old 09-04-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary324 View Post

The pros of each

Already liked the 40.3
A little more power

Dhc 40.2 & 70.1

A lot more power
The benefit of separates

Btw my system is

I really like my 50.3, but William06 is the one who could probably help you. I think that is what he did, going from the 40.3 to the 50.3

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #114 of 319 Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 PM

One other option is to buy the dhc 40.2 and flip it on eBay in a couple months when the dhc 40.3 comes out... Thoughts?
post #115 of 319 Old 09-05-2011, 12:58 AM

Craaaap! I shouldn't have purchased that 30.3. I didn't read up on the different flavors of Audyssey to find that the 2EQ version is crap since it doesn't calibrate the subwoofer channel.
post #116 of 319 Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 AM
AVS Special Member

farenheight is right look atk some of the sights both onkyo and integra there were some issues with last years models. not as much as integra but some issues. I did upgrade to the 50.3 and I am very happy. To me there is enough difference and I am very happy with it. I also had a choice at the time of a 70.2 but chose the 50.3 My opinions are posted above. I have had separates in the past and there are advantages only you can choose what is important to you. The video processing on the .3 modesl 50.3 kup is great.

post #117 of 319 Old 09-05-2011, 03:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneill5491 View Post

Craaaap! I shouldn't have purchased that 30.3. I didn't read up on the different flavors of Audyssey to find that the 2EQ version is crap since it doesn't calibrate the subwoofer channel.

You can always sell it and look for a model with xt or xt32 after. I agree xt is a big upgrade. even more IMO than xt to xt32.

post #118 of 319 Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Just ordered an Integra 50.3 last night from my local dealer. It will be replacing my decade old Denon AVR. Im sure I'll be in information (technology) overload once it comes in next week - can't wait!

omesh
post #119 of 319 Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omesh View Post

Just ordered an Integra 50.3 last night from my local dealer. It will be replacing my decade old Denon AVR. Im sure I'll be in information (technology) overload once it comes in next week - can't wait!

omesh

Congrats and enjoy. I have found it to be one of the nicest I have owned. So far flawless operation great PQ and SQ I really an enjoyihg this unit.

post #120 of 319 Old 09-15-2011, 12:46 PM

I agree with william06. I have the 50.3 and am very pleased. I am sure there are things better, but way out of my price range. The 50.3 has done everything I need to do an a whole lot more. Very smooth, great sound, and power.

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page