post #241 of 318 Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexboy View Post

My DirecTV receiver is hooked to my 50.3 using HDMI. When a commercial comes on or the split second between the switch from the program I'm watching to a commercial, when the screen goes dark, often the signal goes away and the 50.3 clicks as the signal is lost and then returns. Sometimes, depending on the commercial, the listening mode will change until another commercial comes on or the program returns and then my chosen mode returns, too. Again, this is instantaneous, but can be annoying. The real problem is the clicking. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes usually while watching tv. Tv shows are in Dolby digital and then the 2 channel commercials come on and it switches to dolby prologic 2. I think it's normal and nothing you can do about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 318 Old 02-27-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 197
I'm upgrading my home theater speakers (Polk Monitors to Paradigm Studios) and am considering a new receiver as well. I have an Onkyo 606 and have been very pleased with it, so I'm considering making the move to Integra.

I'm stuck between the 50.3 and 70.3 models. I will probably never run anything but 5.1. I currently live in a one bedroom condo so I'm not that concerned with watts/channel. I am 100% HDMI. The only reason I'm considering the 70.3 is because it has superior audio equalization programs--the MultEQ XT32 and Audyssey Sub EQ HT--while the 50.3 has only the MultEQ XT. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the Audyssey Dynamic EQ featured on my TX-SR606 and in fact disregarded its suggestions all together, so I'm not sure if the upgrade is warranted. Is the MultEQ XT32 much better than the lower version? Is the Sub EQ HT really needed for a single sub setup? Would it be redundant if I had an exterior equalization program (i.e. Paradigm's PBK)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

post #243 of 318 Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

I'm upgrading my home theater speakers (Polk Monitors to Paradigm Studios) and am considering a new receiver as well. I have an Onkyo 606 and have been very pleased with it, so I'm considering making the move to Integra.

I'm stuck between the 50.3 and 70.3 models. I will probably never run anything but 5.1. I currently live in a one bedroom condo so I'm not that concerned with watts/channel. I am 100% HDMI. The only reason I'm considering the 70.3 is because it has superior audio equalization programs--the MultEQ XT32 and Audyssey Sub EQ HT--while the 50.3 has only the MultEQ XT. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the Audyssey Dynamic EQ featured on my TX-SR606 and in fact disregarded its suggestions all together, so I'm not sure if the upgrade is warranted. Is the MultEQ XT32 much better than the lower version? Is the Sub EQ HT really needed for a single sub setup? Would it be redundant if I had an exterior equalization program (i.e. Paradigm's PBK)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth, I also went from the 606 and now have a 50.3. I am very happy with it. The 50.3 was my limit, but it does a very good job.

Mitsubishi HC5500 Projector
Integra DTR-50.3 7.1 Receiver
Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #244 of 318 Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM

I cant get the shuffle and repeat functions to work in Spotify on my DTR 20.3 . Im using the RC-804M remote. Any ideas?
post #245 of 318 Old 03-01-2012, 04:30 PM

G
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinker View Post

After lots of tests trying to play multichannel (5.1) FLAC and OGG files from my network through my 40.3, I've determined they haven't got multichannel codecs in this thing...all I get is stereo. I have a large library of surround music I was hoping to play from my server. I can convert between formats, and was waiting to see what format sounded best before converting them all. The answer so far is: none. So this means, I bug Integra to support multichannel FLAC (anyone else asking for this?) or I buy another black box like a Roku or WD and attach it to an HDMI port. Anyone have recommendations on a good multichannel media player?

Go with a squeezebox. I have several, used them for years and the flac sounds great. I do not have the squeezebox touch (yet) but it can do even more resolution.
post #246 of 318 Old 03-01-2012, 06:13 PM

Mpray 1983, thank you, kindly, for response.
post #247 of 318 Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 AM

Hey guys, for about the last month or so ive been lookin around at av to see whats out there, and i can tell its been awhile since ive bought one, ive been reading alot in this forum the amount of info you guys have is overwhelming for a new guy like me, so im in hopeS of getting a little help. Ill tell you what i currently have, 65" dlp, directv, harman kardon avr220, all speakerS are jbl s26, 12"jbl sub which i replaced the amp in and works better then ever. the room size is about 12 1/2 by 14 1/2. i saw and listened to the 20.3 at the dealer his price was $536, im thinking about the 30 or maybe the 40.3, depends on the price from the dealer. how often do these av need firmware updates because i do not have internet, will this be a problem? ive heard guys have some problems with set up and with the video part of it, i admit i get lost when reading some of things to do to fix it and different settings, lol. im pretty easly confussed. i know i got more questions but ill start here for now. i forgot i have a insignia blue ray. thanks for any help.
post #248 of 318 Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbee View Post

Hey guys, for about the last month or so ive been lookin around at av to see whats out there, and i can tell its been awhile since ive bought one, ive been reading alot in this forum the amount of info you guys have is overwhelming for a new guy like me, so im in hopeS of getting a little help. Ill tell you what i currently have, 65" dlp, directv, harman kardon avr220, all speakerS are jbl s26, 12"jbl sub which i replaced the amp in and works better then ever. the room size is about 12 1/2 by 14 1/2. i saw and listened to the 20.3 at the dealer his price was $536, im thinking about the 30 or maybe the 40.3, depends on the price from the dealer. how often do these av need firmware updates because i do not have internet, will this be a problem? ive heard guys have some problems with set up and with the video part of it, i admit i get lost when reading some of things to do to fix it and different settings, lol. im pretty easly confussed. i know i got more questions but ill start here for now. i forgot i have a insignia blue ray. thanks for any help.

I also recently upgraded to an Integra from an HK that alone made a world of difference to my sound. The Integra amp is a much better sounding amp and it brought my speakers to life. So far I've only updated once and there's been only one update of th4 40.3 since release as far as I know. For your size room a 40.3 might be a little overkill but the Audyssey MultiXT will make it very worthwhile.
Good Luck
post #249 of 318 Old 03-07-2012, 05:28 PM

since i do not have home internet, would i be able to get updates to the av, via internet phone?
post #250 of 318 Old 03-11-2012, 01:47 PM

Quick question. I have an Integra 50.3 with Jamo C807's in front, a Jamo C80 Center, and a pair or Proficient Surround for the sides. Want to get a pair of Jamo C80 surrounds to replace the Proficients one of these days.

I am looking at possibly getting an Emotiva amp. Should I go with the Emotiva XPA-3 or the XPA-5? Was thinking the XPA-3, but wanted to see.

Thanks

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #251 of 318 Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 PM

bought my new integra last fri. it is replacing hk avr220. i think the looks of this thing are beatiful, and sounds amazing, but im a new to alot of this, i was wondering if i could get some help with the settings and what they should b set at? is there maybe a write up on here anywhere?
post #252 of 318 Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:

bought my new integra last fri. it is replacing hk avr220. i think the looks of this thing are beatiful, and sounds amazing, but im a new to alot of this, i was wondering if i could get some help with the settings and what they should b set at? is there maybe a write up on here anywhere?

Try running Audyssey and use that for a base setting and then use an SPL meter to tweak. No one can give you settings that will work in your space because the settings are dependent on your space and we all have different set ups and spaces.
Or am I misinterpreting your question?
post #253 of 318 Old 03-14-2012, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

I'll get back to you and check my settings on my 40.2

Jeff
post #254 of 318 Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronghorn/az View Post

I'll get back to you and check my settings on my 40.2

Jeff

Definitely use Audyssey as it will get you where you need to be. You can't tweak it from there, but Audyssey does a great job of setting the right sound.

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #255 of 318 Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 PM

sorry guys i didnt let u know, but i have already ran the full calibration. when i play a dvd does the integra automatic change to the best listening mode, or do have to change it? put gladiator on blue ray on, i went to movie settings set 5.1 dts- hd, the receiver changed to multich, shouldnt it say dts?
post #256 of 318 Old 03-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:

sorry guys i didnt let u know, but i have already ran the full calibration. when i play a dvd does the integra automatic change to the best listening mode, or do have to change it? put gladiator on blue ray on, i went to movie settings set 5.1 dts- hd, the receiver changed to multich, shouldnt it say dts?

Well, I know you can change things in the Settings area to come on a certain way for each device. You can also change the sound type on the remote. There is a place a little more than half-way down that has buttons going across for video, music, games, etc. You can always change it to whichever sound type you are looking for. Don't know if this answers your question. I am still tweaking mine and having fun learning myself

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #257 of 318 Old 03-16-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post

Well, I know you can change things in the Settings area to come on a certain way for each device. You can also change the sound type on the remote. There is a place a little more than half-way down that has buttons going across for video, music, games, etc. You can always change it to whichever sound type you are looking for. Don't know if this answers your question. I am still tweaking mine and having fun learning myself

have u found a certain setting you like best for a movie with dts? i changed mine to neo6 the dts was lit on receiver, i noticed that it was showing 7 speakers on also, i only have 5.1, does this hurt or do i loose any sound like this?
post #258 of 318 Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:

have u found a certain setting you like best for a movie with dts? i changed mine to neo6 the dts was lit on receiver, i noticed that it was showing 7 speakers on also, i only have 5.1, does this hurt or do i loose any sound like this?

For Uverse TV, I usually use All Speakers. If it is an action packed movie, or something like that, I will hit the button and see which of the different settings sound best.

For Blu Ray, I usually use one of the one of the Dolby PLX settings, I think. Again, if it doesn't sound right, I experiment. I have it set to automatically go to the Dolby PLX, but if it is a HD Master disc, the Integra seems to pick it up. I ran Audyssey first to calibrate for my room, so it now knows I only have fronts, center, subwoofer, and side surrounds.

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #259 of 318 Old 03-20-2012, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Onkyo has issued a recall on a limited number of receivers. Hopefully the Integra's are not affected as well. http://www.us.onkyo.com/press_releases.cfm?id=253
post #260 of 318 Old 03-21-2012, 07:04 PM

What is the rated wattage on 40.3? The product page on Integra website states it is 110W (20Hz - 20KHz) all channels driven but the product brochure states it is 110W (20Hz - 20KHz) when 2 channels are driven.

Also, what is the difference between the video processors in 40.3 (Marvell Kyoto) and 50.3 (HQV Vida)?

Thanks!
post #261 of 318 Old 03-23-2012, 11:22 PM

I have a Integra 30.3 and I want to use my bluetooth head phones. Is there a way to do this?
post #262 of 318 Old 03-24-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sks2131 View Post

What is the rated wattage on 40.3? The product page on Integra website states it is 110W (20Hz - 20KHz) all channels driven but the product brochure states it is 110W (20Hz - 20KHz) when 2 channels are driven.

Also, what is the difference between the video processors in 40.3 (Marvell Kyoto) and 50.3 (HQV Vida)?

Thanks!

I believe you get close to the 110 watts with all channels driven. Part of the reason that integra is such a good brand. There was an article in home theater mag last year comparing it to other like receivers of different brands and according the authors it tested very well in staying true to its stated output.
post #263 of 318 Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 AM

I have recently been looking to update my receiver for the HDMI capabilities and my local shop suggested the Integra 40.3. Since then I have been doing research on it.

One question I have seen come up in this forum is about the receiver selecting the right audio input. I have seen in a review of the product that the correct version HDMI cable was needed for the receiver to work properly (1.3 and above.)

I hope this helps someone solve their mystery. Also, I am enjoying reading the thread and learning from others experiences. Thanks.
post #264 of 318 Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 PM

DVD's are not playing smoothly. Video appears jittery in some scenes, not all. I have the 50.3 and the Sony BDP-S570 DVD/Blu-ray player. I am using Monster cable 28AWG, about a yard long. Cable runs from the Sony to the receiver. Monitor out is set to Through. Lip Sync is set to on. Firmware is up to date. Has anyone else experienced this?

I called the Integra support and they told me to set the Monitor Out to Through and if that does not help, run the HDMI to the TV. If those does not work, then I should reset the receiver to factory, which, he claims, will not undo the firmware updates. I am at a loss.
post #265 of 318 Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:

DVD's are not playing smoothly. Video appears jittery in some scenes, not all. I have the 50.3 and the Sony BDP-S570 DVD/Blu-ray player. I am using Monster cable 28AWG, about a yard long. Cable runs from the Sony to the receiver. Monitor out is set to Through. Lip Sync is set to on. Firmware is up to date. Has anyone else experienced this?

I called the Integra support and they told me to set the Monitor Out to Through and if that does not help, run the HDMI to the TV. If those does not work, then I should reset the receiver to factory, which, he claims, will not undo the firmware updates. I am at a loss.

Wish I could help you. I have a Mitsubishi projector set up and connected to the Integra 50.3 via HDMI, with the Sony S580 going to my Integra 50.3 via HDMI. I have mine set to Through, but I have never had a problem since day 1. I got my Integra back in December, I think. Am really enjoying it. Keep us posted

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #266 of 318 Old 03-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What do you have the output set to under picture setting for that specific source?
post #267 of 318 Old 03-26-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

What do you have the output set to under picture setting for that specific source?

Under Source Setup, the Picture Adjust Mode is Direct. I don't see an actual output setting other than the the Resolution setting in Monitor Out which is set at Through.
post #268 of 318 Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Onkyo has issued a recall on a limited number of receivers. Hopefully the Integra's are not affected as well. http://www.us.onkyo.com/press_releases.cfm?id=253

Hi njfoses, Integra has issue this same problem on the DTR-20.3, DTR-30.3 and DTR-40.3 model. (see Press Release -> here)
post #269 of 318 Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Under Source Setup, the Picture Adjust Mode is Direct. I don't see an actual output setting other than the the Resolution setting in Monitor Out which is set at Through.

Under the monitor out setting set that to source. Then under picture adjust choose direct. This passes the signal through completely untouched. Do you have the stuttering if you hook the player to the tv directly bypassing the avr?
post #270 of 318 Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi njfoses, Integra has issue this same problem on the DTR-20.3, DTR-30.3 and DTR-40.3 model. (see Press Release -> here)

Thanks for that. At least my 80.3 is unaffected, at least for now
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page