Official Integra DTR-20.3/30.3/40.3/50.3 Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 319 Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Integra's updated DTR-xx.3 line of receivers has just been announced and should be shipping soon. Unfortunately, a call to customer service today resulted in no definitive ship date. Only information they had was "out of stock". The line looks to be pretty impressive for the prices listed:

DTR-20.3 = $600
DTR-30.3 = $800
DTR-40.3 = $1,000
DTR-50.3 = $1,400

The DTR-50.3 looks like it could compete well with Yamaha's RX-A3000 and Denon's AVR-3312 (or 4311). Thoughts?

PS: Now if we could just see an announcement for the updated DTR-70.3 and DTR-80.3 models too!
MNaudioguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 319 Old 06-23-2011, 01:23 PM

Liked: 10
They were in stock at a Houston dealer last week. I went in looking for Marantz or Anthem, not knowing much about the brand. Once more info comes out on these, I may strongly consider the 50.3 since the SR7005 is on permanent backorder.
post #3 of 319 Old 07-06-2011, 05:05 AM

I ordered one of the 40.3's on Monday, hope to get it soon. This replacing an old Sony ES series reciever. next on the list, new 73" DLP.
post #4 of 319 Old 07-08-2011, 07:00 AM

I'd love to hear your impressions of the 40.3

-DavidVTHokie
post #5 of 319 Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 AM

Just received my 50.3; stay tuned
post #6 of 319 Old 07-31-2011, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyboy
I am about to pull the plug on one of these. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Mitsubishi HC5500 Projector
Integra DTR-50.3 7.1 Receiver
Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #7 of 319 Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyboy View Post

Have you had a chance to hook it up yet? Looking fireweed to hearing a hands-on review. As mentioned, I have been saving to pick one of these up. How easy was it to set up? You probably haven't had time to test it out since you just got it yesterday so I apologize if I am pushing it. Hope all goes well

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #8 of 319 Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 AM

So I had a chance to hook up the 50.3. Fired up fine, went through the set-up menu and all appeared good. I also updated to the latest firmware. The following day while watching DirecTv at low volume levels, the unit shut down all by itself; not standby, not protect mode, just turned off. Thinking it was just a fluke, turned it back on and continued my viewing. Later that day it happened again, and again, and again; becoming more frequent, with less time passing from turning on to it shutting off. I checked all speaker cables for a possible short, all HDMI connections (which were only the Oppo Blue Ray and DVR), and confirmed it had good ventilation. I unplugged the unit overnight, turned it on the following morning and did a full factory reset; remained on less than 5 minuted before shutting off.
The home theater shop I purchased it from (where and I might add employes some very sharp individuals) are confident I received a faulty unit (possibly a bad power supply?), and are replacing it for me this week.
Needless to say I'm a bit disappointed, but I also understand these things can happen, regardless of the manufacturer. The Integra unit it replaced (DTR 8.3) I have had for many years and has performed flawlessly. I'll keep you all posted.
post #9 of 319 Old 08-02-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:

So I had a chance to hook up the 50.3. Fired up fine, went through the set-up menu and all appeared good. I also updated to the latest firmware. The following day while watching DirecTv at low volume levels, the unit shut down all by itself; not standby, not protect mode, just turned off. Thinking it was just a fluke, turned it back on and continued my viewing. Later that day it happened again, and again, and again; becoming more frequent, with less time passing from turning on to it shutting off. I checked all speaker cables for a possible short, all HDMI connections (which were only the Oppo Blue Ray and DVR), and confirmed it had good ventilation. I unplugged the unit overnight, turned it on the following morning and did a full factory reset; remained on less than 5 minuted before shutting off.
The home theater shop I purchased it from (where and I might add employes some very sharp individuals) are confident I received a faulty unit (possibly a bad power supply?), and are replacing it for me this week.
Needless to say I'm a bit disappointed, but I also understand these things can happen, regardless of the manufacturer. The Integra unit it replaced (DTR 8.3) I have had for many years and has performed flawlessly. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for the update. I am used to having to exchange. Seems my wife and I have to do it with just about everything we get. It's just our luck haha. Keep us posted. The dealer here is less than 5 miles from me, so I am fortunate.

Again, thanks for the update!

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #10 of 319 Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyboy
Ok. Bit the bullet and got the 50.3 and am setting it up now. Will keep you posted. Have some learning to do

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #11 of 319 Old 08-03-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo

Thanks for the update. I am used to having to exchange. Seems my wife and I have to do it with just about everything we get. It's just our luck haha. Keep us posted. The dealer here is less than 5 miles from me, so I am fortunate.

Again, thanks for the update!
So far, so good. Got everything hooked up. Now to run Audyssey tomorrow and then read and learn what all it can do

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #12 of 319 Old 08-03-2011, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I bought the 40.2 in March, wasn't aware of the 40.3 coming out, anyway, in your booklet and misc. papers, is there one for Internet Radio? If so, you can get Sirius Internet Radio for a trial period, we received ours for a year. just wanted to give you a heads up! I'm interested on your thoughts on the 3 series, especially if you never owned an Integra before. My 40.2 replaced my DTR 8.2 which served me well for 7 years. Loving Pandora also!

Jeff
post #13 of 319 Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 AM

It's just our luck haha. Keep us posted

post #14 of 319 Old 08-04-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronghorn/az View Post

I bought the 40.2 in March, wasn't aware of the 40.3 coming out, anyway, in your booklet and misc. papers, is there one for Internet Radio? If so, you can get Sirius Internet Radio for a trial period, we received ours for a year. just wanted to give you a heads up! I'm interested on your thoughts on the 3 series, especially if you never owned an Integra before. My 40.2 replaced my DTR 8.2 which served me well for 7 years. Loving Pandora also!

Jeff

Yes, it does have Internet radio. I was listening to Pandora last night. It does have a Sirius capability. Thanks for the heads up. I can't remember off the top of my head, but there were 6-8 different music capabilities.

This is my first Integra, but I am coming from an Onkyo SR606. I still playing with all the capabilities, so I will let you know my thoughts shortly. The 50.3 has more power than the 606, naturally, and you can tell the difference. Went from 90w/ch to 135 w/ch. I enjoyed the 606 until it fell victim to the HDMI problem, so I decided to give the Integra (also owned by Onkyo) a try. Figured I would see about repairing the 606 and sell it.

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #15 of 319 Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

This is my first Integra, but I am coming from an Onkyo SR606. I still playing with all the capabilities, so I will let you know my thoughts shortly. The 50.3 has more power than the 606, naturally, and you can tell the difference. Went from 90w/ch to 135 w/ch. I enjoyed the 606 until it fell victim to the HDMI problem, so I decided to give the Integra (also owned by Onkyo) a try. Figured I would see about repairing the 606 and sell it.[/quote]

In the satellite radio menu in the receiver there is the Sirius Internet Radio menu. Once you tell Sirius (on the phone) you have a new receiver and you tell them I get a FREE trial offer of Sirius (they will want the Serial number from the back of the receiver) they will give you a password and you will sign in. Also, don't forget to try out the V-Tuner Internet Radio, at least a thousand Internet Radio stations from all over the world. I receive all my internet radio from a LAN cable I bought from Monoprice (Cat 6). Have fun!

Jeff
post #16 of 319 Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Currently own a 30.2 for a small 5.1 setup. I'm purchasing a new receiver for my theater room. Original plan was for an 80.2. Any thought on going ahead with the purchase vs waiting for the 80.3? I haven't seen much info on the 80.3 yet.
post #17 of 319 Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 AM

The 70/80.3 won't be released till September. We'll be lucky if info for them pops up by the end of the month.
post #18 of 319 Old 08-05-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:

In the satellite radio menu in the receiver there is the Sirius Internet Radio menu. Once you tell Sirius (on the phone) you have a new receiver and you tell them I get a FREE trial offer of Sirius (they will want the Serial number from the back of the receiver) they will give you a password and you will sign in. Also, don't forget to try out the V-Tuner Internet Radio, at least a thousand Internet Radio stations from all over the world. I receive all my internet radio from a LAN cable I bought from Monoprice (Cat 6). Have fun!

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. Been having fun playing with the Sirius and learning about the V-tuner. Man, there are a lot of stations! Will be fun.

Hooked up Audyssey and seems like all went well! Sounds great. The Stereo separation is very nice. Now to learn how to set all the functions. May have to see if I can have one of their techies help me learn. Can only afford 1hour at their rates, but there is so much more with the 50.3 than there was with my old 606. Once they help me set it up properly and understand it all, I will post again. Thanks for the Sirius info.

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #19 of 319 Old 08-07-2011, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can anyone describe the difference between the 40.3 and 50.3? It is hard to tell from the Integra website.
post #20 of 319 Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 View Post

Can anyone describe the difference between the 40.3 and 50.3? It is hard to tell from the Integra website.

From what I know, these are on the web site. I just got the 50.3 and am still learning all of it's capabilities

40.3 - 110 w/ch
$999

50.3- 135w/ch
ISF Certification Calibration Controls
$1,399
Has extra USB Connection

Probably more, but I am just a novice. Hope this helps some.

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #21 of 319 Old 08-08-2011, 11:00 AM

I haven't been able to do too much yet with it, but what I've heard sounds good. I am replacing a relatively new Onkyo that had HDMI issues. You wouldn't know these come from the same company. I like everything better about the Integra. I still need to get into the internet radio, and I also want to spend some qt listening to some sacd's.

-DavidVTHokie
post #22 of 319 Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVTHokie View Post

I haven't been able to do too much yet with it, but what I've heard sounds good. I am replacing a relatively new Onkyo that had HDMI issues. You wouldn't know these come from the same company. I like everything better about the Integra. I still need to get into the internet radio, and I also want to spend some qt listening to some sacd's.

Your going to love the Internet Radio! On days you have nothing to do, V-Tuner will keep you very busy! Also don't forget the Sirius Internet Radio free trial.

Jeff
post #23 of 319 Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:

Your going to love the Internet Radio! On days you have nothing to do, V-Tuner will keep you very busy! Also don't forget the Sirius Internet Radio free trial.

Jeff

I will 2nd Jeff's comment on Internet radio. It has been fun playing with it the last 2 days and I look forward to playing with it more. To say that it will keep you busy is really an understatement, and in a good way at that.

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #24 of 319 Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Hi Guys,
Picked up the replacement for my original "buggy" unit last week and got it all set up over the weekend. With all the props regarding the internet radio, I even ran a dedicated ethernet cable for it. So far, so good; no random shutting down issues. Ran the complete Audyssey set up and was surprised on the difference it made
The one thing I do notice is on the video side: when I set the unit to upscale the signal to 1080p (utilizing the "Through" setting) from any non 1080p source, the contrast / brightness / colors are effected as well (which according to the manual should not be), to the point where I find it better to just run the source "Direct". I would imagine I can adjust this out using the controls in the 50.3; it just surprised me that it would have this effect. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Anyway, so far very impressed.
post #25 of 319 Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Hi Guys,
Picked up the replacement for my original "buggy" unit last week and got it all set up over the weekend. With all the props regarding the internet radio, I even ran a dedicated ethernet cable for it. So far, so good; no random shutting down issues. Ran the complete Audyssey set up and was surprised on the difference it made
The one thing I do notice is on the video side: when I set the unit to upscale the signal to 1080p (utilizing the "Through" setting) from any non 1080p source, the contrast / brightness / colors are effected as well (which according to the manual should not be), to the point where I find it better to just run the source "Direct". I would imagine I can adjust this out using the controls in the 50.3; it just surprised me that it would have this effect. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Anyway, so far very impressed.

Sounds good. I haven't gotten that far yet, but did the upscale seem to help?

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #26 of 319 Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 AM

I have the 40.3 and loving it. I do not have any video running through it at this time, but do have all my audio running through it (PS3, Xbox, Cable box, OTA HD, Dune, PC, DVD). I have my fronts hooked up to a seperate amp and running the rears off the 40.3(I did not need the extra power of the 50.3). I'm loving it. Not only that, with the ethernet hookup, I can access the music on my PC through the Integra, instead of using my PC to send music to the Integra. The ethernet also allows you to connect to the integra via web interface and set your internet stations. Nice feature I have never had on a receiver before.

Getting the hang of setting the options via the reciever and not on the TV was a learning curve, but once you get it, it's not difficult. The Audussy setup was very good, I don't think I would have changed anything (except I like a little more bass).
post #27 of 319 Old 08-09-2011, 10:58 AM

I have the 40.3 and i don't think i have it set up properly. I replaced my Integra DTR 6.2 with the 40.3 and the way i had it set up before was the DTV DVR and the Oppo 83 went straight to the TV via HDMI. Now i have all going to the 40.3 via HDMI and then going to the TV. The 40.3 is putting out DTS with a BD but not any of the BD codes (DTS HD or Dolby HD). The 83 says it is decoding the sound so I wonder if I am trying to decode it twice.

I have to say the picture looks soft and over saturated to me also, I have it set at an output of 1080p and the DVD to "direct" and the DVR to "though".

I think more of my complants are setup and operator error versus the 40.3 but will admit I am concerned.

Any thoughts?
post #28 of 319 Old 08-09-2011, 11:24 AM

Only one can decode the lossless codecs.

If the OPPO is doing it, then the 40.3 is seeing LPCM.

If you set the OPPO for bitstream, then the 40.3 will do the decoding, then all of its various lights will light up.

Also, the BD player should be on "through", not direct.
post #29 of 319 Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post

If you set the OPPO for bitstream, then the 40.3 will do the decoding, then all of its various lights will light up.

I have a Sony BDP S580 hooked up to my 50.3. I have the 50.3 set to Through for the blu ray. Should I do the same with my AT&T Uverse? Trying to see what best way to set up my Blu Ray, Uverse, and XBox. All are connected with HDMI.

Thanks in advance

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
post #30 of 319 Old 08-09-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post

When is the best time to use Custom and use the 1080p resolution upconvert?

Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-Ray
Jamo c807 Fronts
Jamo c80 cen Center
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page