Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 06-22-2011, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Looks interesting.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/a...Sound-Receiver

"The new user-friendly T 748 AV Receiver is a performance driven receiver that supplies everything you need to enhance your home cinema experience at an affordable and cost efficient level. The T 748 includes seven channels of ultra low distortion power, support for all the latest surround sound formats and digital video technology, and all the features to make setup and user control effortless. The T 748 also includes five powerful audio-video presets optimizing your ability to fully customize various source materials with specific speaker settings and surround modes. Even connect your iPod with our IPD 2 Dock and follow your favourite songs on the T 748’s on-screen video display. The T 748 does it all; and most importantly, does it all without costly or complex features that increase price."

Also have HDMI 1.4 3D support and Return Audio HDMI support.
Danish price is 870 dollars.

Also has Auddessy setup. Can't see if it is MultEQ XT32. Anybody know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-22-2011, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer77 View Post

Looks interesting.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/a...Sound-Receiver

"The new user-friendly T 748 AV Receiver is a performance driven receiver that supplies everything you need to enhance your home cinema experience at an affordable and cost efficient level. The T 748 includes seven channels of ultra low distortion power, support for all the latest surround sound formats and digital video technology, and all the features to make setup and user control effortless. The T 748 also includes five powerful audio-video presets optimizing your ability to fully customize various source materials with specific speaker settings and surround modes. Even connect your iPod with our IPD 2 Dock and follow your favourite songs on the T 748's on-screen video display. The T 748 does it all; and most importantly, does it all without costly or complex features that increase price."

Also have HDMI 1.4 3D support and Return Audio HDMI support.
Danish price is 870 dollars.

Also has Auddessy setup. Can't see if it is MultEQ XT32. Anybody know?

Nope. Audyssey is reserved for higher end models within NAD line. I would say if you can find a t747 on clearance that would be a better deal. I don't even know if the 757 has audyssey. The 765 has only audyssey setup. To get XT you have to go to 775/785/175.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-22-2011, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Ok. But in the manual it describes setup with a mic?
post #4 of 16 Old 06-22-2011, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Yes but at this time I know of no NAD's that offer Audyssey XT32. Bommai is correct in that the 775/785HD2's have Audyssey XT versions. Don't know if an upgrade card can fix this or not. With MDC on the NAD's I suppose it may. Made that mistake with the 747, it has an Eq program but its a version of NAD's and not Audyssey.
post #5 of 16 Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I read that manual and nowhere in there does it mention Audyssey. Plus it says you can only run the auto calibration for a 5.1 or 7.1 setup. Audyssey doesn't have that limitation.

I would say the 748 does not use Audyssey.

Afro GT
post #6 of 16 Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Ahh got a answer now. It only has Audyssey setup but NO room EQ. Disappointing.
But how good is the Audyssey Room EQ really? Is this a essential feature?
post #7 of 16 Old 06-24-2011, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer77 View Post

Ahh got a answer now. It only has Audyssey setup but NO room EQ. Disappointing.
But how good is the Audyssey Room EQ really? Is this a essential feature?

I will let you know next week. I have a NAD T763, a higher end model from a few years ago. Love the sound but for surround seemed tom have some eq problems. I just ordered a T775HD. It has audyssey multEQ XT with custom NAD response curves. The amp section of the T763 and T775 look similar.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-03-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Did you get it yet?
post #9 of 16 Old 08-25-2011, 03:27 PM

Liked: 10
^^^^

Apparently not.
post #10 of 16 Old 08-25-2011, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraficionado View Post

^^^^

Apparently not.

Bommai did get it and is posting in the 765/775/785 thread.
post #11 of 16 Old 08-26-2011, 11:39 AM

Liked: 10
^^^

Thanks for solving the mystery!
post #12 of 16 Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 PM

Liked: 11
just picked up a Nad T748 to simplify my home theatre wiring and set up. I was trying to protect against a major drop off in SQ. initial impressions is very good sound. Even in 2 channel. The sound stage is definitely equally wide and "airy". The amp is definitely lower current than my prior separates so I definitely noticed a drop off in the weight of the sound. Can easily be resolved by plugging the separate amp back in, but I thought I'd live with just the NAD in the short term.

prior set up was a fully separate system. using an certain theory that the analogue pre-amp played a huge part in the SQ.
- 5 channel Parasound amp
- Outlaw analogue bass management
- Audio Refinement 5.1 analogue pre-amp
- Marantz DP870 - dolby digital processor.
- Oppo Blu-ray player
- Key digital video processor and HDMI switcher
- Apple TV

I've got over 10 sets of RCA that I've got left over now which is quite nice...The DAC in the NAD is a HUGE improvement over the Marantz DP870 (circa 1990's) so my 2 channel music fed from the Apple TV is a great improvement.

the big issue is the power output. I'm currently running a 5.1 system and by-amping the front speakers (Totem Sttaf). I knew that going in, but I was looking for the best pre/pro with 7.1 outputs. The Denon 2313ci didn't have pre-outs and I was leaning towards the Marantz 5008 but the NAD sound won me over at the expense of features (which I don't really use). I was seriously considering the Anthem MX300 too. The Nad T748 was hard to beat at the price. Simple solution to simplify the connections.

I am sure there are better receivers but I was drawn to the consistent reviews in all NAD receives. "it's like an multi-channel analogue pre-amp with video options but very lacking in features compared to their peers" . Basically similar to what I had prior.

Before I went all "separates", I had a Pioneer Elite 43TX receiver which was definitely not as good. the NAD is definitely close to what I had which means it's way better than the Pioneer receiver.
post #13 of 16 Old 08-27-2012, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Good choice. I have not heard the T748. My first exposure to NAD was their two channel receivers and later two channel separates in my brother's home. Just a year and a half ago, I bought my first NAD surround sound receiver used on craigslist - NAD T744. Wonderful sound. Sounded better than my HK AVR 745 that I had in my main theater room upstairs. I bought the NAD for the small system downstairs. This hunger for better sound, made me sell my HK AVR 745 and buy another used NAD T763. Again a power house but only 6.1 channels and no HDMI. Hunger for HDMI and true 7.1 channels made me grab a NAD T775HD on sale for $1299 from Saturday Audio in Chicago (through mail order). I love it. The T763 is sitting unused but I don't feel like selling it - I won't get enough money for it. I could keep that as a back up!

All in all a very satified NAD customer. I have owned two different Denons, one Onkyo and HK AVR 745 before. The HK was way better than the Denons and Onkyo but the NAD won out!
post #14 of 16 Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraficionado View Post

^^^^

Apparently not.

Looks like I missed this thread over a year ago and you guys were talking about me!! Glad I can answer this question. I have been doing great and my NAD receivers have been doing great. My NAD T775HD has been going strong. It is rock solid and the performance great. No HDMI issues or any other issues. I am going to hang tight with my gear for at least a few more years. Need to save up for other important expenses like travel, education, etc.
post #15 of 16 Old 04-03-2013, 06:29 AM

Liked: 11
follow up with the NAD 748

new home and new room and home theatre set up. the previous was a dual screen (projector and LCD). One of the reasons of getting the basic T748 was knowing that the upcoming Oppo 103 would take care of the video processing and switching. The NAD met my needs powering this room but definitely underpowered. I was just too lazy to plug my 5 channel amp back in.

those plans changed when I decided to move. The new house has only a 60" plasma and a different orientation and equipment. I could have a proper 2 channel listening area in this new house. Gone are my front speakers (totem) from the HT. Replaced with more modest Paradigm Cinema on wall speaker set. I did pick speakers with the NAD in mind. 7x40W wasn't a lot, but more than enough to power the Cinema 100/200/400 that I picked up.

I powered the speakers with the NAD for about a month before I was able to hook back up the Parasound amp back after finally buying a proper 2 channel amp for my 2 channel room. The separation of the sound definitely improved and the weight definitely was more robust. The parasound is a modest multi channel amp, but by design it's a high current amp. I didn't need watts, I needed current.

Very happy that the NAD is doing a great job as audio/video switch. Only one problem is that it doesn't like my Key Digital Video processor. I kept the Key Digital only for cable TV. it made a small buy noticeable improvement. Given the age it's not that missed as the Samsung Plasma is decoding the video perfectly fine. Besides, I'm not picky with cable TV.

The Anthem MX300 is still in my mind with the ARC EQ, but that unit would have been 500-600 more after tax. I still have simple needs and the SQ is the key. the NAD has only gotten better with a proper power amp and that was always in the plans with the 7.1 pre-out capability of the NAD. I focused on the essential features I use. I buy all my movies on Blu-ray (yes, I'm putting judgement on those downloaders), so USB connectivity was very low on the need list, nor networking capabilities. Just give me trueHD and DTS-MA. The quality of decoding of DD off cable and AppleTV is very good and a noticeable improvement from my OLD marantz as noted above review.

the NAD T748 gives me just enough flexibility to upgrade parts I would want (video processing or separate amp) but doing the essential preamp duties really well. Same as in 2 channel audio, the preamp is a very key component. I used to go to the extreme and use an analogue multichannel preamp because of this theory. The NAD is definitely designed with the preamp stage in mind first to sustain a very high SQ for audio.

I wouldn't choose the NAD T748 if you were using it to power larger speakers or a big room. Get it with the idea of using it for small room HT or as a basic, but very good pre. With Emotiva multi channel amps so good value, paring the T748 with a $400 Emotiva will still exceed what you can buy as a one box receiver. You loose some features but the essential reason to buy a receiver is taken care of.
nlpearman likes this.
post #16 of 16 Old 04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Glad you are liking it still. My NAD T775HD is still rock solid. Love the sound. I don't have a separate amp but mine are rated 100W x 7 with all channels driven. I recently started using Zone 2 to send pre-outs to a whole home amp. Works great. I am even using the auto-trigger in to turn on the zone 2 remotely.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page