Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
^^^

AXD7612....

i'd just buy a cheap harmony...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 08-19-2012, 05:03 PM

Liked: 10
Hey everyone, could someone tell me if the vsx-53 can handle a 6ohm centre channel?
Thanks!

KEN
post #93 of 100 Old 08-19-2012, 05:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

yes, you should be fine...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #94 of 100 Old 08-19-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^
yes, you should be fine...

Thanks for the quick response Chris!

-Ken

KEN
post #95 of 100 Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

you got it... smile.gif

- chris

post #96 of 100 Old 09-16-2012, 06:54 AM

Hey first time poster.. Just got a VXS-53 from BB.. Set up is 5.1 plus zone 1 for home theater + home office with 2 speakers. Using the iPhone app remote it seems that there are lots of sound options for the 5.1 area... presets for classical, surround,rock,etc... but none for the zone 1 area... and the zone 1 area therefore sounds kind of 'flat'... I'm pretty new to (this level of) AV so is this normal? Is there some way of boosting/configuring the zone 2 sound?

Thanks!
post #97 of 100 Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Has anyone tried playing Dolby Digital EX DVD's? I've been sampling DD EX, DTS ES, and DTS ES Discrete titles. I've had mixed results. I've got a VSX 53 and a 7.1 speaker setup. Also I'm not sure because I'm using 7.1, if it would work right as it should activate a center rear surround. Unless it just makes the two rear channels the center.

One problem is when I play DD EX on some DVD's I only get 5.1 to show up in the display. For DD EX I sampled the following DVD's: EP 1 Phantom Menace, Austin Powers, Mission to Mars, Minority Report and The Running Man. The first 3 don't work but Minority and Running do. Movies with DD EX also work fine when on Blu ray like Stargate which has both DTS ES 6.1 and DD EX. When playing DD EX from Blu ray it seems to work as it added an XC to the bottom of the 5.1 configuration display. From the manual it states that "XC – Either one channel other than the ones above, the mono surround channel or matrix encode flag", which I think its just saying that it's activating the rear center by either DD EX, DTS ES or DTS Discrete. On some DVD titles it doesn't turn on the XC flag or indicator to suggest it would be one of the 3 aforementioned audio tracks but on some DVD's and Blu ray it does activate it.

With Minority Report and The Running Man (Special Edition) these worked fine and the XC flag lights up. Strangely on Minority Report it reportedly has both DD EX and DTS ES yet only DD EX works. (The XC lights up) I've read that some early DVD's didn't have the proper flagging for EX and maybe DTS ES Matrix is having the same problem here. Again, wondering if there is a way to manually toggle it.

It does appear to work on DTS ES 6.1 titles on DVD. For these I sampled: Gladiator (which strangely lists it as 6.1 on the cover, yet when you toggle the audio with the remote it indicates it's 5.1) it does indicate DTS ES and the XC indicator lights up which I believe everything is working ok. Also tried Austin Powers: Goldmember which has both DTS ES and DD EX, DTS ES works but DD EX doesn't.

A good example of it working on Blu ray is Stargate which has both DD EX and DTS ES 6.1. Both light up like they should on this disc.

I don't see a way to manually toggle 6.1 for EX titles on DVD and wouldn't think that it would be necessary.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #98 of 100 Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 PM

Quick question. I have the 52, but it doesn't seem to be sending a 1080p signal to my tv. When I bypass it, ie hooking the PS3 directly to the hdmi in on my tv, it shows 1080p. When hooked up through the receiver it shows 1080i. I can't seem to find anything in the setup menu that would change that. Any help or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
post #99 of 100 Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 34
When it's hooked up to VSX52, go to your PS3 system settings and go to display, click auto and it should select 1080p as well as screen size (I believe this is for 3D screens for size). My older Sharp doesn't ask for size but 3D LG does. If that doesn't work chose manual and manually select 1080p. I doubt there's anything in the receiver. I haven't seen it on mine.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #100 of 100 Old 12-01-2012, 03:23 PM

Been experimenting with my speaker setup. Currently running energy cf70s up front, v5.2-c center, klipsch 10" sub and cb10 for surround. My question is what should I set the front towers and center speakers to? Small? Large? And what crossover 100hz? Receiver is pioneer elite vsx-53. Your feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.energy-speakers.com/tower-speakers/?sku=CF-70
http://www.energy-speakers.com/center-speakers/?sku=V-5-2-C
http://www.energy-speakers.com/surround-speakers/?sku=CB-10
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page