The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1) - Page 187 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5581 of 5593 Old 07-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Thank you AustinJerry, very kind of you! Yep, I also enjoyed watching the games. In my understanding it is really amazing to see all the teams from around the world competing in fair sports.
Great stuff and I watched much more games than I had to. Was really worth it.

It is great, that Germany won the world cup after 24 years again. These guys and their coach did a lot and I am also happy that the 'Mannschaft' committed the fewest fouls of all.

Thank you again and in four years a new team will win. May be the US boys, they have great potential and it starts to show...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 5593 Old 07-17-2014, 03:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
The kit has always cost $550, and the licenses have always cost $150. Sounds like he doesn't know what he is talking about.
I periodically put them on sale for $500. Plus Paypal fees if that method of payment is used, plus shipping. So, worst case ~$530 on sale (now) depending on where it has to ship to..
Cheers,
Scott scott@techht.com
post #5583 of 5593 Old 07-21-2014, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi .

I have been looking through the thread to find the "dual sub" issue that is mentioned a few times at the end here and can't locate what is of concern. I'm about to purchase an AV8801 and use it in a 5.2 or 7.2 setup. One of the main selling points for me was the sub HT and XT32 options. Does the system properly calibrate 2 subs that are located different distances from the 1st listening position?
post #5584 of 5593 Old 07-21-2014, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrobins View Post
Hi .

I have been looking through the thread to find the "dual sub" issue that is mentioned a few times at the end here and can't locate what is of concern. I'm about to purchase an AV8801 and use it in a 5.2 or 7.2 setup. One of the main selling points for me was the sub HT and XT32 options. Does the system properly calibrate 2 subs that are located different distances from the 1st listening position?
Yes it does a proper calibration, so there should be no concerns.

The dual sub bug is this: When you run a Pro calibration, you are given the option to save your measurements for future use. You can then re-load measurements, skip to the crossover settings page, and either adjust crossovers or launch the curve editor. this allows you to adjust the results of the calibration without re-running the measurements step (which is the most time-consuming part). Before the introduction of Sub-Eq HT and dual subs, you could also add additional measurement points to the original calibration. That is no longer possible, because if you add more measurements, Pro will not remember the sub distance settings from the original measurement set, resulting in wrong distance settings (and potentially a flawed calibration).

Audyssey has acknowledged this flaw, and attributes it to the limited processor resources the AVR manufacturers are willing to allocate to Audyssey. In other words, do not expect this bug to be fixed. However, adding additional measurement points is something that is done rarely, so there is no reason for this flaw to deter you from using the Pro kit effectively.
post #5585 of 5593 Old 07-21-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for explaining that for me .

I have been using the included mic and onboard EQ with my PR-SC5508 and am interested to know if the pro kit provides an audible improvement. I don't see myself having a series of room curves for different audiences and so on. I'm simply trying to gauge if there is $500 (or is it $640 since I need a licence for me pre as well as the kit?) value in the purchase.
post #5586 of 5593 Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM
post #5587 of 5593 Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:

I have been using the included mic and onboard EQ with my PR-SC5508 and am interested to know if the pro kit provides an audible improvement. I don't see myself having a series of room curves for different audiences and so on. I'm simply trying to gauge if there is $500 (or is it $640 since I need a licence for me pre as well as the kit?) value in the purchase.
Of course it provides an audible improvement with just it's basic function. I had it for a couple of years before using the curve editor.

Jeff
post #5588 of 5593 Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
Re-subbing.
Eh?
post #5589 of 5593 Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 1218
Quote:

In my purely personal opinion as someone who has used Audyssey and the Pro Kit extensively for some years, the Pro Kit does not represent good value for money if you already have XT32. XT32 is just so good. The Pro kit brings benefits - principally for me, the ability to save and reload different calibrations. The mic is also better in the Pro Kit and the Pro Kit has a 'target curve editor' but it is very crude and not easy to use. I would not buy the Pro kit again if I had my time over. I should add that I have a heavily treated room.
post #5590 of 5593 Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
Eh?
I unsubbed a while back. But I have to edit the Pro FAQ now following the upgrade/changeover to vBulletin so I thought I might as well re-sub and see what you guys have all been discussing while I was away
post #5591 of 5593 Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM
Wireless member

Pretty much the SOS, Keith.

Jeff
post #5592 of 5593 Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Pretty much the SOS, Keith.

Jeff
Yeah - not many newcomers. I wonder if Pro is fading away? Audyssey seem to have lost interest, although presumably (hopefully) they will be updating the software for the new crop of Pro-ready units this fall.
post #5593 of 5593 Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
Yeah - not many newcomers. I wonder if Pro is fading away? Audyssey seem to have lost interest, although presumably (hopefully) they will be updating the software for the new crop of Pro-ready units this fall.
I suppose an update will be the tell on whether or not they continue to be interested.

Jeff
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Audyssey
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page