The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1) - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 5664 Old 10-08-2011, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 161
^Great. BTW, you can reload that file and add mic positions to it at any time, no need to start over unless you change things around in the room.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 5664 Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Just tossing this out there. You need to have saved the .and file to reload later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- it's never done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #543 of 5664 Old 10-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes, I know about the save and load feature, but thanks!

The measurements I took was not proper ones so no use saving them. I'll clean stuff up and do proper measurements after getting my DIY mains and center aligned and EQd.

"Unplugging the signal cable is pretty much the ultimate in component isolation. Now if you removed the AC power and it still did it you should look for the little blond girl saying "they're he-re."
post #544 of 5664 Old 10-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Wireless member

If you use the curve editor, save that file as soon as it is created. Forget using the curve editor and open the .CSV file in your spreadsheet application and add/change values there. Re-save and reload. I am working from my iPhone and typing more detail about that isn't practical.....

If someone else doesn't add to this I will post my experiences when I get to a real computer.

Jeff

- it's never done!

post #545 of 5664 Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 AM

Liked: 16
I've seen that trick to get to adjust more than the +/-3dB allowed by the editor. I'm sure Audyssey have their reasons to do that though. And I've never needed to adjust the regular consumer MultEQ target, so I don't suppose more would be needed for PRO. And even IF it should be nescessary, I could add it in with EQ anyway.

"Unplugging the signal cable is pretty much the ultimate in component isolation. Now if you removed the AC power and it still did it you should look for the little blond girl saying "they're he-re."
post #546 of 5664 Old 10-08-2011, 12:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by atledreier View Post

I've seen that trick to get to adjust more than the +/-3dB allowed by the editor.

I wish.

IIRC Jeff said that you can type in bigger numbers, but the actual changes are still limited to +/-3dB.

Noah
post #547 of 5664 Old 10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Wireless member

I never needed a tweak greater than 3dB, so I can't comment on that. I have found that violating the minimum handle spacing rule resulted in Pro not accepting the file. I'd be very surprised .... shocked even, if it would accept a file with more than a 3dB tweak.

- it's never done!

post #548 of 5664 Old 10-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Hey guys,

Just doing another calibration and how do I get the sub to only detect one sub. I have two subs but I am running them off the same sw1 input using a splitter. When i go through the calibration after the first point cal it will quit and say that there is no sound coming from the 2nd sub input. How do I disable the 2nd sw2 input through the audyssey calibration?....I only want it to run one sub cal on sw1.

Thanks guys.
post #549 of 5664 Old 10-15-2011, 12:45 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamus View Post

Hey guys,

Just doing another calibration and how do I get the sub to only detect one sub. I have two subs but I am running them off the same sw1 input using a splitter. When i go through the calibration after the first point cal it will quit and say that there is no sound coming from the 2nd sub input. How do I disable the 2nd sw2 input through the audyssey calibration?....I only want it to run one sub cal on sw1.

Thanks guys.

There's an option to change between 1ch and 2ch for the Subwoofer. I'd recommend using both outputs though, rather than splitting off just one of them.
post #550 of 5664 Old 10-15-2011, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamus View Post

Hey guys,

Thanks guys.

For my Denon, the speaker configuration is in the AVR. So, change to one sub in the AVR, and Pro will detect this configuration and calibrate the system as having one sub.

Unless you have an AVR with MultEQ XT32 (which can calibrate two subs separately), there is no advantage to hooking the subs to different outputs. Using a splitter as you are doing is perfectly fine.

post #551 of 5664 Old 10-15-2011, 06:10 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf_uk View Post

There's an option to change between 1ch and 2ch for the Subwoofer. I'd recommend using both outputs though, rather than splitting off just one of them.

Sorry, I thought I was on the 3008/5008 thread. My apologies.

Only take note of the above if you have a Receiver with XT32 onboard.
post #552 of 5664 Old 10-15-2011, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Thanks for info guys, will do!
post #553 of 5664 Old 10-29-2011, 07:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I ran Pro again and it never presenetd a list of XO choices, just the list of XO freq's for each speaker.

Any ideas?

Noah
post #554 of 5664 Old 10-29-2011, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

I ran Pro again and it never presenetd a list of XO choices, just the list of XO freq's for each speaker.

Any ideas?

Put your mouse on the xover shown for a speaker and click
post #555 of 5664 Old 10-29-2011, 09:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

My memory is getting scary, I don't remember that.

Thanks

Noah
post #556 of 5664 Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 78
any of you guys ever replace the mic holder -
the rubber that holds the mic in place on mine has mostly poped out

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
post #557 of 5664 Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Wireless member

Contact Luke at Audyssey. Mine needed replaced.

Jeff

- it's never done!

post #558 of 5664 Old 11-07-2011, 03:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Contact Luke at Audyssey. Mine needed replaced.

Jeff

thxs

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
post #559 of 5664 Old 11-09-2011, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

In an XT32 calibration, we all understand that Audyssey pings Sub1, then Sub 2, then both subs together, in order to set distance and level for two subs independently.

Today, I paused a calibration, saved the measurement file, and came back later to pick up where I left off. I re-loaded the initial measurements, placed the microphone at the next measurement point, and clicked proceed. I noticed that Audyssey went throught the "Sub1, Sub2, and then both" process again. I'm surprised that Audyssey behaves this way--I would think it would remember that the two subs had already been calibrated. And I am concerned that if it is indeed doing the sub calibration over again, then the mic is no longer at the MLP.

Thoughts?

Edit: I sent a note to Audyssey TS with this question.

post #560 of 5664 Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

In an XT32 calibration, we all understand that Audyssey pings Sub1, then Sub 2, then both subs together, in order to set distance and level for two subs independently.

Today, I paused a calibration, saved the measurement file, and came back later to pick up where I left off. I re-loaded the initial measurements, placed the microphone at the next measurement point, and clicked proceed. I noticed that Audyssey went throught the "Sub1, Sub2, and then both" process again. I'm surprised that Audyssey behaves this way--I would think it would remember that the two subs had already been calibrated. And I am concerned that if it is indeed doing the sub calibration over again, then the mic is no longer at the MLP.

Thoughts?

I think at the beginning of each session .. and resuming from a previously saved measurement qualifies as a new session ... it verifies the sub levels.

It will be interesting to see what Audyssey says about it.

Jeff

- it's never done!

post #561 of 5664 Old 11-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Thoughts?

Very good question. I hadn't noticed that but now you've got me worried. Please inform us when you get the response from Audyssey!

Mark

My Focal Utopia HT:
post #562 of 5664 Old 11-11-2011, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Thoughts?

That's been my experience. As far as I can tell you can skip the sub check without ill-effect.

post #563 of 5664 Old 11-11-2011, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

That's been my experience. As far as I can tell you can skip the sub check without ill-effect.

You may have misunderstood. I wasn't talking about the step where you test the level of the subs. You are correct--you can skip this step and proceed to the "load measurements" step. However, when you add additional measurements, the first additional measurement goes through sending separate chirps to each sub, and then the combined chirps, a second time. I am concerned that it is re-calculating the sub distances again, with the mic placed at a spot different than the MLP.

Luke at Audyssey has responded, and is researching my question. As soon as I have an answer, I'll report back

post #564 of 5664 Old 11-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Wireless member

gosh, you'd think that they would have crossed this bridge before. i've never added measurements, so i don't know. i'd guess that mine would behave the same way though.

- it's never done!

post #565 of 5664 Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1609 Post(s)
Liked: 1831
Quote:

gosh, you'd think that they would have crossed this bridge before.

He means he's got to ask the big fella - Mr K.

post #566 of 5664 Old 11-13-2011, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

However, when you add additional measurements, the first additional measurement goes through sending separate chirps to each sub, and then the combined chirps, a second time.

Hmmm, I don't recall that behavior. In any case none of my distances have ever changed and I've added new measurements many times. I have a 4311.

post #567 of 5664 Old 11-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Wireless member

It does want to level the sub(s) before you get to the load measurements screen. Not intending to add measurements and therefore not having a mic attached, I skip it - and the warning - to get to the load step.

Jeff

- it's never done!

post #568 of 5664 Old 11-13-2011, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

It does want to level the sub(s) before you get to the load measurements screen. Not intending to add measurements and therefore not having a mic attached, I skip it - and the warning - to get to the load step.

Jeff

I do this as well. Seems to work.
post #569 of 5664 Old 11-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Wireless member

Yes, I wonder if that is what AJ is referring to?

- it's never done!

post #570 of 5664 Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, I wonder if that is what AJ is referring to?

No, this is not what I meant. I always bypass the sub leveling screen if I am re-running the software to tweak a crossover setting, for example. This is using the same measurement file.

What I am talking about is if you want to add additional measurements to an existing set of measurements. In this scenario, I also bypass the sub level-setting screen, load the original measurements, set up the mic at the next measuring point, and proceed to add additional measuring points. The first new measuring point results in the left sub, right sub, both subs chirps as if it were the first measuring point. If the software is indeed re-measuring the subs' distances and levels, the mic is not at the MLP. This concerns me.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Audyssey
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page