The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1) - Page 209 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #6241 of 6257 Old 04-26-2016, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaucom View Post
I'm looking for a used audyssey pro kit if anyone has one for sale. I am willing to pay something in the 300 to 350 range. I would also consider renting one if anyone wants to offer that as an option.

Thanks
I was able to purchase a kit from a forum member and now have a question. The kit came with 3.6 software. I need 4.0 for my marantz sr7009. I downloaded 4.0 from the installer site and installed it on my laptop. I now can't figure out how to add the calibration file for the microphone. I don't know how to get to the option the way it is shown in the user's guide. I installed 3.6 from the CD that came with the kit as a test. I can now see the option to add the calibration file when I run the setup from the disk but how do i add it to 4.0?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6242 of 6257 Old 04-26-2016, 06:27 PM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 421
The file needs to be manually pasted into a folder on your computer. Poke around the installation of 4.0 on your computer. Is there a folder with a name that seems like the cal file should go there?

Sorry, I don't use Audyssey anymore so I can't check my installation.

Jeff

"Veni, vidi, vino!"
(I came, I saw, I drank wine!)
post #6243 of 6257 Old 04-26-2016, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
I was able to purchase a kit from a forum member and now have a question. The kit came with 3.6 software. I need 4.0 for my marantz sr7009. I downloaded 4.0 from the installer site and installed it on my laptop. I now can't figure out how to add the calibration file for the microphone. I don't know how to get to the option the way it is shown in the user's guide. I installed 3.6 from the CD that came with the kit as a test. I can now see the option to add the calibration file when I run the setup from the disk but how do i add it to 4.0?
when it comes to mic selection…you can either select the mic it asks you whether you want to use the one in the drop down box if already one there….or there is an option to select another …you then point to calibration file where ever it might be located

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
post #6244 of 6257 Old 05-02-2016, 01:28 PM

I have another question. When I run Audyssey pro, I get a warning saying my subwoofers have the wrong polarity. My subs have a variable phase nob but not a true polarity switch. If I turn the variable phase nob on both subs to 180 the warning goes away. Should I do this or just leave it at 0?
post #6245 of 6257 Old 05-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Wireless member

Quote:
Root folder of the Audyssey MultEQ Pro installation.

"Veni, vidi, vino!"
post #6246 of 6257 Old 05-02-2016, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have another question. When I run Audyssey pro, I get a warning saying my subwoofers have the wrong polarity. My subs have a variable phase nob but not a true polarity switch. If I turn the variable phase nob on both subs to 180 the warning goes away. Should I do this or just leave it at 0?
as long as correctly hooked up I would just ignore polarity warnings as audyssey suggests for any other speaker

post #6247 of 6257 Old 05-06-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
as long as correctly hooked up I would just ignore polarity warnings as audyssey suggests for any other speaker
Well there is only 1 way to hookup the subwoofers. It's not like any wires can be reversed. I asked audyssey and they advised as you said to ignore the subwoofers polarity warning. As a software developer, I don't understand why the warning is even part of the program if we are to always simply ignore it. I asked audyssey why it is there if it is irrelevant. They did not answer.
post #6248 of 6257 Old 05-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Audyssey Pro software problems

There are some things about this software that are really annoying and for seemingly no good reason.

I've been using Audyssey Pro for many years (albeit probably less than 2 dozen times) going back to my Onkyo Pro 885 and now my Marantz 7702mkii.

1) Why does my computer need to be hooked up to AND have my receiver taken control of (out of commission) just to open the Audyssey Pro program, especially if I've already done all my measurements and just want to change a few things. The time spend filling out the list of components and room size could easily be done PRIOR to having the software take control of my receiver.

2) Why can't EQ and crossover calculations be stored on my computer. When all I want to do is Load Measurement File without doing any more measurements, I have to wait 10+ minutes (granted the computer is slower) for it to redo theses calculations.

3) Why can I only adjust the parameters of the Dynamic Volume AFTER I have saved settings to my Marantz. If I try to do anything before that it won't allow me to change anything. Does that mean I need to RE-save to the Marantz AGAIN. Those sliders that allow you to choose how much Light/Medium/Heavy affect the Dyn Vol only seem to come up after Saving to the Marantz. If I've already saved to the Marantz then how is that info then getting to my Marantz unless I save it again. The saving to the Marantz process takes several minutes as well.

4) Why can't I get to the screen of model my own curve without having to go through all the previous steps. Maybe I just want to experiment with a creative curve and spend 15 minutes or so doing it without having to be tethered to my receiver and not being able to watch or listen to anything at the same time.

There could be a lot more flexibility to this program that would make the process much quicker and less painful. Maybe I'm not versed enough and some of these things can be done quicker but I can't seem to figure out how.

BTW these questions were posed to Audyssey tech support and they pointed me to the User's Guide after a back and forth where they gave me some generic/evasive answers.

Quote:
don't insult my intelligents
post #6249 of 6257 Old 05-21-2016, 05:17 AM
Wireless member

These are all features.

There might be reasons with respect to hardware limitations, but we will never know as they would never divulge things like that.

I would only add that if you, like me, were forced to purchase a new pre/pro and it happened to have Dirac, all of the struggles you mention would be a distant memory very quickly.

Jeff

"Veni, vidi, vino!"
post #6250 of 6257 Old 06-16-2016, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 615
What's up with this?
"Audyssey Pro being phased out on Denon AVRs in 2016 to be replaced by the Audyssey app for iOS and Android in October at a cost of €19.99."

(yes, I posted the above in the base Audyssey thread first, forgetting there was this Pro thread)
post #6251 of 6257 Old 06-16-2016, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Look at these...

https://www.avforums.com/article/den...el-x6300.12679

Quote:
Another feature added for 2016 is support for the new Audyssey smartphone app. As Audyssey Pro is phased out, this app will provide many of the same features in an easier to use fashion, making it accessible to consumers as well as custom installers. The app will guide the user through the Audyssey calibration, using the included Audyssey microphone for auto-calibration. The app will also allow the user to check correction results, set target sound options, adjust frequency roll-off, set mid-range compensation controls and save/load/view/print results. The new app will be available from app stores in October for a cost of €19.99, which is considerably less than the old Audyssey Pro kit.
Sounds good.
post #6252 of 6257 Old 06-17-2016, 03:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 73
This is really interesting news. That's what they were cooking in the background. Very interesting and I wonder, if they will also use the build-in microphone of smart phones for a differential measurement as a German speaker manufacturer does with their subwoofers? Same thing, just a smartphone app and this is using the resources of the smart phone and no additional equipment.
Thank you for letting us know.
post #6253 of 6257 Old 06-18-2016, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganymed4 View Post
This is really interesting news. That's what they were cooking in the background. Very interesting and I wonder, if they will also use the build-in microphone of smart phones for a differential measurement as a German speaker manufacturer does with their subwoofers? Same thing, just a smartphone app and this is using the resources of the smart phone and no additional equipment.
Thank you for letting us know.
those smart phone mics are hardly high quality or calibrated though...which is one of the huge benefits audyssey pro brings. I for one do hope audyssey and marantz/denon work some way for the audyssey pro quality mics with caliibration file to be utilised with this app system.
Geronimo.USMC and HTPCat like this.

post #6254 of 6257 Old 06-19-2016, 04:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Hi Al, this is the point. To my own surprise, they use this cr..py hardware but use some algorithms and make differential (two) measurements and achieve a very good result, which is amazing, in my understanding. I have never experienced this myself and only read about it. But it seems to work.
I read an article and they discussed also this issue. Especially thinking of subwoofer measurement, a smart phone microphone seems to me not adequate at all However, their conclusion was it works really good.
May be and I can only guess, Audyssey will be using a similar approach.The price of 19,99 won't cover a decent and calibrated microphone in my understanding, if you think of the price of the Pro-Kit.
post #6255 of 6257 Old 07-08-2016, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi,

I just did a pro calibration on a Marantz 7702mkii pre pro. I calibrated with the reference curve. If i want to try the flat curve, is it as simple as changing to flat within the Marantz menu or do I need to hook up the PC and select the flat curve in the Pro software and 'upload' ?
post #6256 of 6257 Old 07-08-2016, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1977 View Post
Hi,

I just did a pro calibration on a Marantz 7702mkii pre pro. I calibrated with the reference curve. If i want to try the flat curve, is it as simple as changing to flat within the Marantz menu or do I need to hook up the PC and select the flat curve in the Pro software and 'upload' ?
The Reference & Flat corrections both get uploaded to the Pre-Pro - so YES it is simply a matter of selecting within the Marantz.
With the Pro Kit, your choice of Mid Range Compensation will be applied to both corrections - so the Flat/Ref switch will only affect the high frequency roll-off curve.
Regards, Mike.
post #6257 of 6257 Old 07-10-2016, 08:14 PM
d4g

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
How many points did you measure and what pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Audyssey
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page