The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1) - Page 210 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 88Likes

post #6271 of 6288 Old 08-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamus View Post
Thanks Pepar!.... Well I tried accessing the Web pages of the integra..... And so I thought I might try and load the multi eq software again and Walla!!!! It's now working and I'm in the middle of a calibration as we speak.... Let's hope this cal will not bork up things like the last one did..... Lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Odd, but ...

"Veni, vidi, vino!"
(I came, I saw, I drank wine!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6272 of 6288 Old 08-20-2016, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hllbll View Post
Little update.

Now there are already three, who thinks that the issue is in Onkyo Today I got response from Onkyo, they told me to send the AVR to local service and parts and labour are paid by Onkyo.

There might still be some light in the end of the tunnel. I'm personally quite curious, what is causing this issue. Personally I hope, that it has something to do with power supply, maybe there's some interference in the voltages. Maybe some capacitors have come to an end. If not, then it might be quite difficult to find the problem.

But, better this way. If Onkyo hadn't taken responsibility, I should have tried to fix it myself.
And about six months later I got an ending for this issue. Now I have Onkyo TX-NR5010 as replacement unit and Audyssey Pro calibration works as well as it should.

First replacement unit was TX-NR3030, which didn't have Audyssey at all and as you might guess, I wasn't very happy with that. But with that unit I got an opportunity to test how "well" AccuEQ works. It didn't. So I sent it back and got that 5010 instead.

Problem solved. For now, at least. And luckily Audyssey was willing to transfer my license to this new unit, because the repair was under warranty.
post #6273 of 6288 Old 09-30-2016, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 377 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2626 Post(s)
Liked: 2263
If buying a pro kit used are there concerns I should know? Are there different revisions? Updates?

I have a Denon X7200WA, and always have it in the back of my mind it'd be fun to play with a pro kit. Not necessary, just fun. Used a decent option? I see they are selling for $300ish or less used in the classified on occasion.

I've heard the new Denon and Marantz models are moving away from using the pro kit to an Audyssey app - so that's one consideration. (limited future life)
post #6274 of 6288 Old 10-05-2016, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There have been updates to the software that you can download from Audyssey and, if you are running Windows 10, you will need a new USB->RS232 Serial cable as the chipset in the one originally provided is not supported.
post #6275 of 6288 Old 10-06-2016, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
If buying a pro kit used are there concerns I should know? Are there different revisions? Updates?

I have a Denon X7200WA, and always have it in the back of my mind it'd be fun to play with a pro kit. Not necessary, just fun. Used a decent option? I see they are selling for $300ish or less used in the classified on occasion.

I've heard the new Denon and Marantz models are moving away from using the pro kit to an Audyssey app - so that's one consideration. (limited future life)

I certainly think it's $450 (don't forget license) worth of fun and you get a little bit better sounding system to boot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6276 of 6288 Old 11-13-2016, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone running pro with a surface pro 3? I'm having an issue with the USB to serial connecting. Thanks in advance.

post #6277 of 6288 Old 11-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Most of the problems I ever had, and most I've read about here, have been with getting a USB to serial adapter working. It was always drivers. And IIRC, checking with the chip makers site for drivers usually worked when the adapter mfg's drivers didn't work.

"Veni, vidi, vino!"
(I came, I saw, I drank wine!)
post #6278 of 6288 Old 11-13-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
Most of the problems I ever had, and most I've read about here, have been with getting a USB to serial adapter working. It was always drivers. And IIRC, checking with the chip makers site for drivers usually worked when the adapter mfg's drivers didn't work.

I read something about the cable itself. Apparently there is a cable with a supported chipset. I'm searching amazon now.

post #6279 of 6288 Old 11-14-2016, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The cable that came with the kit stopped working with Windows 10 due to driver issues. I bought a Ugreen USB to RS232 cable and it works perfectly.
post #6280 of 6288 Old 11-14-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooDoctor View Post
The cable that came with the kit stopped working with Windows 10 due to driver issues. I bought a Ugreen USB to RS232 cable and it works perfectly.

Thanks. I ordered something on amazon that should work with Win 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6281 of 6288 Old 11-15-2016, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 377 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2626 Post(s)
Liked: 2263
Does Audyssey pro allow for setting preferred crossover points for each subwoofer Bank?

I use one bank of subwoofers at the front of my room and bank 2 signals the subs I have behind my seat.

I'd most prefer a 90hz crossover point to the sub bank 1 and a day a 40hz crossover to sub bank 2. The mains could all crossover at 90hz ideally.

I have the same sealed subs all around but I find higher frequencies annoy me when the drivers are directly behind me and cranked up, but I really dig the low wobble effect of the nearfield sub with the lowest frequencies.

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
post #6282 of 6288 Old 11-18-2016, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Just wanted to drop this link which allowed me to get the usb to serial adapter working in Windows10. It also explains why the latest Prolific supplied driver doesn't work with older adapters.

http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/news37.html
post #6283 of 6288 Old 11-18-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Just wanted to drop this link which allowed me to get the usb to serial adapter working in Windows10. It also explains why the latest Prolific supplied driver doesn't work with older adapters.

Thanks. I just received a new cable from amazon. Hope it works. Only issue is its way short.

post #6284 of 6288 Old 11-18-2016, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 2425 Post(s)
Liked: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Does Audyssey pro allow for setting preferred crossover points for each subwoofer Bank?

I use one bank of subwoofers at the front of my room and bank 2 signals the subs I have behind my seat.

I'd most prefer a 90hz crossover point to the sub bank 1 and a day a 40hz crossover to sub bank 2. The mains could all crossover at 90hz ideally.

I have the same sealed subs all around but I find higher frequencies annoy me when the drivers are directly behind me and cranked up, but I really dig the low wobble effect of the nearfield sub with the lowest frequencies.
Just like regular Audyssey, Pro doesn't do any bass management. That is handled by the AVR or prepro. So whatever bass management is available in your AVR/pre is what will be available to you with Pro.

So the short answer is No .
post #6285 of 6288 Old 11-18-2016, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthony1 View Post
Thanks. I just received a new cable from amazon. Hope it works. Only issue is its way short.

Yep, get a M - F 9-pin serial cable extension to increase reach.

The link above should help you get the serial adapter that came with the kit working. You may not need the new one from Amazon… or you may.
post #6286 of 6288 Old 11-18-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Yep, get a M - F 9-pin serial cable extension to increase reach.

The link above should help you get the serial adapter that came with the kit working. You may not need the new one from Amazon… or you may.

Thanks again. I'm set either way.

post #6287 of 6288 Old 11-18-2016, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm getting the usual serial port communication errors right after 1st set of measurements.

I went ahead and ordered the Ugreen adapter from Amazon.

USB to DB9, Ugreen USB 2.0 to RS232 DB9 Serial Cable Male A Converter Adapter with PL2303 Chipset for Win8.1/8, Compatible with 8/7/Vista/XP//2000 and Mac OS X 10.6 and Above (10ft) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QUZY4R4/
post #6288 of 6288 Old Today, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I'm getting the usual serial port communication errors right after 1st set of measurements.

I went ahead and ordered the Ugreen adapter from Amazon.

USB to DB9, Ugreen USB 2.0 to RS232 DB9 Serial Cable Male A Converter Adapter with PL2303 Chipset for Win8.1/8, Compatible with 8/7/Vista/XP//2000 and Mac OS X 10.6 and Above (10ft) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QUZY4R4/

The best buy cable works fine as well. Its short so i used a usb extension cable and so far so good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Audyssey
Gear in this thread