The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1) - Page 211 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 92Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6301 of 6322 Old 01-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com
 
GetGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mid-South USA
Posts: 5,661
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP2GSR View Post
I tried to log onto the Audyssey Pro Installer page but also found you need a serial number to get started.

In lieu of that......Would someone with a login ID mind looking up to see if the Pro Kit is compatible with the Marantz SR7008 receiver.

I know that it is compatible with the SR7007 and the SR7010 but can't confirm the model I own.

Kal..... if BobbyHollywood is not interested in your ProKit I might be.

Dave
The Marantz SR7008 is listed in the device drop-down.
IP2GSR likes this.
GetGray is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6302 of 6322 Old 01-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks a lot for taking the time!
IP2GSR is offline  
post #6303 of 6322 Old 01-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com
 
GetGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mid-South USA
Posts: 5,661
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP2GSR View Post
Thanks a lot for taking the time!
Welcome. If you need a new Pro kit, contact me off-line.
GetGray is offline  
 
post #6304 of 6322 Old 01-08-2017, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 29,335
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP2GSR View Post
I tried to log onto the Audyssey Pro Installer page but also found you need a serial number to get started.

In lieu of that......Would someone with a login ID mind looking up to see if the Pro Kit is compatible with the Marantz SR7008 receiver.

I know that it is compatible with the SR7007 and the SR7010 but can't confirm the model I own.

Kal..... if BobbyHollywood is not interested in your ProKit I might be.

Dave
I have 2.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #6305 of 6322 Old 01-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Member
 
MBrown2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Pro Software transferring wrong distances to AVR

When doing a pro calibration on a Marantz AV-8802a, the pro
software (Version 4.1.0.88) distances for the speakers are not
transferring to the AVR correctly. The levels all transfer correctly , though.

Audyssey Pro Distances // When checking results in AVR
LF 11.8ft // 11.9ft
RF 11.8ft // 12.0ft
CEN 12.9ft // 13.1ft
L Surround 4.7ft // 4.8ft
R Surround 4.8ft // 4.9ft
L Back 4.8ft // 4.9ft
R Back 4.9ft // 4.9ft
L Height 14.9ft // 15.1ft
R Height 15.0ft // 15.2ft
Sub 15.6ft // 15.8ft
As you can see, some are correct and some are slightly different. I
have reset the AVR and did another calibration with the same results. Is this a bug? Anyone else experience this?
Should I just manually change the distances in the AVR?
Thanks for any help!


EDIT:
I set the pro software to meters and everything transferred correctly. Audyssey sent the info to marantz, but marantz will have to issue a firmware update to address the feet not tranferring correctly
jsgrise likes this.

Last edited by MBrown2020; 01-21-2017 at 04:57 PM.
MBrown2020 is offline  
post #6306 of 6322 Old 01-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
jsgrise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ô Canada
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Hey guys, very interesting read here! Since I am always looking to improve the sound of my theater (bit of OCD here), I am thinking of making the jump to Audyssey Pro to work with my Marantz SR-7010.

How much of an improvement does it makes over XT32? Is the customization of the curves the biggest asset?

Do you guys have an idea where I can buy one in Canada?

Thank you for your help!

Dedicated HT | FRONTS: Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 CENTER: Sonus Faber Venere Centre SURROUNDS: Sonus Faber Venere Walls RECEIVER: Marantz SR-7010 SUBWOOFERS: DUAL 18" Dayton RSS460HO Custom Build | Behringer iNuke 6000DSP | Velodyne SMS-1 DISPLAY: JVC D-ILA RS-46 w/ 128" 16:9 1.4 TREATMENT: Custom Bass Traps and Acoustic Panels (11)
jsgrise is offline  
post #6307 of 6322 Old 01-27-2017, 12:51 AM
Senior Member
 
AV_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgrise View Post
Hey guys, very interesting read here! Since I am always looking to improve the sound of my theater (bit of OCD here), I am thinking of making the jump to Audyssey Pro to work with my Marantz SR-7010.

How much of an improvement does it makes over XT32? Is the customization of the curves the biggest asset?

Do you guys have an idea where I can buy one in Canada?

Thank you for your help!
The Pro kit is of marginal value for most users, especially when taking it's cost into account. It's main advantage is not being limited to 8 positions ( allows up to 32), but unless you've got a really big multi seat cinema that won't be an issue. The curve editor is very limited, maximum boost/cut is 3dB, and the interface is poor.
The pro points are the ability to turn off the Midrange Compensation Dip, and the far superior individually calibrated microphone and preamp. As well as the facility to choose the best crossover prior to the final correction calculation.
My original Eiffel Tower mic gave poor bass balance, when measured with REW using a calibrated mic (CSL), but the Pro Kit always gave perfect balance - so I have to conclude that my standard mic whilst being within it's cal limits, was not that good.
Also, please be aware that the Pro Kit does NOT improve the filter capabilities of XT32 - it can only improve the input data (and that's not guaranteed).
Regards, Mike.
alebonau likes this.
AV_mike is offline  
post #6308 of 6322 Old 01-27-2017, 05:23 AM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the beach in Quintana Roo
Posts: 26,169
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Just to supplement that, the +/-3dB curve adjustments have always been enough for me. Even a +1dB tweak can be effective. IMO, if someone needs more boost/cut than 3dB, I would suggest that they are fixing something that should be addressed elsewhere.

Someone on another thread wanted to boost bass by 8dB. I had so much to say about that with much of it questioning his system, his room and even more importantly, what he thought bass response should be. Not knowing how to do that "tactfully" that discussion went ... undiscussed.

Jeff

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
pepar is offline  
post #6309 of 6322 Old 01-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
AV_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
Just to supplement that, the +/-3dB curve adjustments have always been enough for me. Even a +1dB tweak can be effective. IMO, if someone needs more boost/cut than 3dB, I would suggest that they are fixing something that should be addressed elsewhere.

Someone on another thread wanted to boost bass by 8dB. I had so much to say about that with much of it questioning his system, his room and even more importantly, what he thought bass response should be. Not knowing how to do that "tactfully" that discussion went ... undiscussed.

Jeff
I personally agree with you, but a common request on the forums appears to be implementing 'house curves' - that virtually always turn out to be huge boost at the bass end - with figures of +10dB being 'common', but more usually about +6dB. This sort of curve manipulation is not the purpose of the Pro curve editor - and is simply beyond it's capabilities.

Best regards, Mike.
AV_mike is offline  
post #6310 of 6322 Old 01-27-2017, 09:05 AM
Member
 
genesplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Does the Pro Kit allow you to limit corrections to only the frequencies below the room transition frequency (typically 300 Hz - 500 Hz) and therefore leave frequencies above the transition frequency uncorrected.

Marantz SR-7009 AVR, iNuke 6000DSP, DIY LinkwitzLab speakers, MartyCube + JohnnySub, BenQ W1070, Roku stick, Plex, next project: diy AT spandex screen
genesplitter is online now  
post #6311 of 6322 Old 01-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Senior Member
 
AV_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesplitter View Post
Does the Pro Kit allow you to limit corrections to only the frequencies below the room transition frequency (typically 300 Hz - 500 Hz) and therefore leave frequencies above the transition frequency uncorrected.
NO.
AV_mike is offline  
post #6312 of 6322 Old 01-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the beach in Quintana Roo
Posts: 26,169
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_mike View Post
I personally agree with you, but a common request on the forums appears to be implementing 'house curves' - that virtually always turn out to be huge boost at the bass end - with figures of +10dB being 'common', but more usually about +6dB. This sort of curve manipulation is not the purpose of the Pro curve editor - and is simply beyond it's capabilities.

Best regards, Mike.
Exactly! And getting to why someone feels that they need +6dB to +10dB bass boost is beyond the capabilities of this forum.

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
pepar is offline  
post #6313 of 6322 Old 01-28-2017, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 10,034
Mentioned: 463 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked: 2583
Reference vs. preference.

I'm just gonna drop this here.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content...ZBpCoJeq0Iy.97

It appears in studies done by Toole, Olive, Harmon Kardon etc, that most people prefer a house curve of 9-10dB favoring the lower end of the audible spectrum.

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
Archaea is online now  
post #6314 of 6322 Old 01-28-2017, 06:14 AM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the beach in Quintana Roo
Posts: 26,169
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Reference vs. preference.

I'm just gonna drop this here.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content...ZBpCoJeq0Iy.97

It appears in studies done by Toole, Olive, Harmon Kardon etc, that most people prefer a house curve of 9-10dB favoring the lower end of the audible spectrum.
Yeah, reference vs. preference. But I seriously doubt that many bass goosers' House Curves have the magical 10dB downward slope from 20Hz to 20KHz fabled in story and song.

Jeff

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
pepar is offline  
post #6315 of 6322 Old 02-19-2017, 08:06 AM
Member
 
bobdit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have one that I no longer need as I dont own an audyssey pro receiver anymore. I am in the Toronto area if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgrise View Post
Hey guys, very interesting read here! Since I am always looking to improve the sound of my theater (bit of OCD here), I am thinking of making the jump to Audyssey Pro to work with my Marantz SR-7010.

How much of an improvement does it makes over XT32? Is the customization of the curves the biggest asset?

Do you guys have an idea where I can buy one in Canada?

Thank you for your help!
bobdit is offline  
post #6316 of 6322 Old 02-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
jsgrise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ô Canada
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdit View Post
I have one that I no longer need as I dont own an audyssey pro receiver anymore. I am in the Toronto area if you are interested.
Just PMed you.

Dedicated HT | FRONTS: Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 CENTER: Sonus Faber Venere Centre SURROUNDS: Sonus Faber Venere Walls RECEIVER: Marantz SR-7010 SUBWOOFERS: DUAL 18" Dayton RSS460HO Custom Build | Behringer iNuke 6000DSP | Velodyne SMS-1 DISPLAY: JVC D-ILA RS-46 w/ 128" 16:9 1.4 TREATMENT: Custom Bass Traps and Acoustic Panels (11)
jsgrise is offline  
post #6317 of 6322 Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
 
IMWhizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi guys, I am from Holland and I recently learned that my Marantz 6010 suppports the Audyssey Pro calibration. So as of now I am looking for a kit but it's very hard to find.

Also I wanted to know if the software is compatible with my MacBook Pro since I don't own a Windows machine. Everything is Apple around here. Help would be much appreciated!
IMWhizzle is offline  
post #6318 of 6322 Old 04-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Member
 
AlphaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Anyone have a pro calibration kit that they are not using? I would like to use it for a 9 to 13 seat theater. 9 chairs and 4 bar chairs, but I probably will not calibrate using the bar chairs in the back. I am planning on using it with a Denon x6200w, FWIW.
AlphaG is offline  
post #6319 of 6322 Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
spongebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 2,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New Owner

Hey Guys

I just inherited a like new kit, no manual. Do I run this on my laptop, serial port?

Where is the latest software, etc?

thx

bob
spongebob is offline  
post #6320 of 6322 Old Today, 06:38 AM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the beach in Quintana Roo
Posts: 26,169
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 522
The interface to your AVR or prepro is dependent on that device. Have you visited the Audyssey Pro Installer website? You need to go there, create an account, and poke around for additional materials ... manual, software, etc.

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
pepar is offline  
post #6321 of 6322 Old Today, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
spongebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 2,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
The interface to your AVR or prepro is dependent on that device. Have you visited the Audyssey Pro Installer website? You need to go there, create an account, and poke around for additional materials ... manual, software, etc.

I can't create an account; the previous owner must have.

Is the Denon AVR-5805 ( non mk II) eligible?

bob
spongebob is offline  
post #6322 of 6322 Old Today, 08:19 AM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the beach in Quintana Roo
Posts: 26,169
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Call Audyssey. They will need to transfer the kit to your name and set up acct. you will need to buy a license for your AVR. There should be a table online listing Pro Kit compatibility by unit. But you can ask while you are on the phone with them.
pepar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Audyssey

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off