Old 07-05-2012, 05:25 AM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

There isn’t one for my 5509 either. The s/w has a step by step guide on the left side as you use it - but beware - in the case of the 5509 it tells you to connect the preamp to the AVP by using the AUX phono input on the back whereas in fact you have to use the left channel PC input - they haven't updated the instructions.

With my Onkyo 5509, you connect the preamp out to the left PC in on the AVP, then connect an Ethernet cable from the AVP to the router. A second Ethernet cable connects the router to the laptop. The mic cable connects to the preamp in and, of course, to the mic. Then plug the preamp into the mains and a light comes on to tell you it's working.

It may be a different procedure for your specific AVP - if you tell us the make and model someone will have the same unit and give you a heads up. Some AVPs, for example, use the serial connector instead of the Ethernet.

Once you are all hooked up, run the Pro s/w, enter the info it asks for and check the left side of each page of the s/w for detailed instructions.

I finally found the manual. My V.Aux is at the front. Im curious on how i go tonight.

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Good luck. Allow yourself plenty of time for the first run. It does get quicker one you have gained some experience with it smile.gif

Thank you will do.

Frank
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Thnx, Keith. I took the liberty of adding the info in the posts above to thread post #2.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
CIH USER

I first want to say thankyou to you all (esp Keith ), I ended up using the pro kit took a little bit to get used to but then I got the hang of it. I didn't have that much trouble with the stand and I was very pleased with the end results.

Only problem for some reason cannot upload the certificate, it shows it uploading to 70% then it stops and I have to start again.

Frank

Frank
Old 07-05-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I first want to say thankyou to you all (esp Keith ), I ended up using the pro kit took a little bit to get used to but then I got the hang of it. I didn't have that much trouble with the stand and I was very pleased with the end results.
Only problem for some reason cannot upload the certificate, it shows it uploading to 70% then it stops and I have to start again.

Frank

Uploading the certificate is an optional step, really meant for professional installers. After you have completed the step in the Pro calibration that transfers the filters to the AVR, there is a button on the web page called "View Certificate". When you click on the button, the certificate is displayed in a browser window, from which you can save the certificate to your local hard drive, should you need to view it at a future time.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:

I must be blind but I cannot see a manual on how to hook everything up.
Frank

Download instructions from the website.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Quote:

Frank

Uploading the certificate is an optional step, really meant for professional installers. After you have completed the step in the Pro calibration that transfers the filters to the AVR, there is a button on the web page called "View Certificate". When you click on the button, the certificate is displayed in a browser window, from which you can save the certificate to your local hard drive, should you need to view it at a future time.

I made the mistake not saving it frown.gif

Frank

Frank
Old 07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Quote:

I must be blind but I cannot see a manual on how to hook everything up.
Frank

Download instructions from the website.

Thanks Kal I found it.

Frank

Frank
Old 07-05-2012, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Frank

No worries, Mate! There are two critical "save" steps you should get in the habit of doing each time you run a calibration. The first one is at the end of the measurements section, immediately before you click "next" to run the filter calculations. You should click on the "Save Measurements" button, which creates a file on your local hard drive in case you need to tweak the calibration results in the future. The second save step is saving the certificate, as already discussed.

If you saved the measurements file, you can launch the Pro software at a later date, load the saved configuration file, and then tweak the calibration results without having to run through those time-consuming measurements again. Tweaks that you can make: select a different target curve, turn on or off the Midrange Compensation, select different crossover values, or run the curve editor (an advanced tweak). And, when you re-calculate the filters and save them to the AVR, you have a second chance to save that certificate with all it's fancy graphs!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Quote:

Frank

No worries, Mate! There are two critical "save" steps you should get in the habit of doing each time you run a calibration. The first one is at the end of the measurements section, immediately before you click "next" to run the filter calculations. You should click on the "Save Measurements" button, which creates a file on your local hard drive in case you need to tweak the calibration results in the future. The second save step is saving the certificate, as already discussed.

If you saved the measurements file, you can launch the Pro software at a later date, load the saved configuration file, and then tweak the calibration results without having to run through those time-consuming measurements again. Tweaks that you can make: select a different target curve, turn on or off the Midrange Compensation, select different crossover values, or run the curve editor (an advanced tweak). And, when you re-calculate the filters and save them to the AVR, you have a second chance to save that certificate with all it's fancy graphs!

Thanks AustinJerry for that. luckily I saved the measurement file I can go back to and tweak. I'd love to look at the curve editor one time to see how it all works.

Frank

Frank
Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2285 Post(s)
Liked: 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post

Thnx, Keith. I took the liberty of adding the info in the posts above to thread post #2.

cool.gif

Old 07-06-2012, 03:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Frank

G'day mate!  Great to hear you are pleased with the result. I've never tried uploading the certificate - I just save it to my laptop for printing later.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Frank

No worries. You'll remember when you do the next calibration :)  Will you do another calibration?  You bet your a$$ you will!

More important is to save the measurements (before calculating the filters). One big advantage of Pro over the consumer versions of Audyssey is that you can save all your measurements and reload them at any time. So if you have a cal that you are happy with, but want to try something different, if you don't like the new one, you can just reload the old one.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:52 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Quote:

Frank

No worries. You'll remember when you do the next calibration :)  Will you do another calibration?  You bet your a$$ you

Your so right Keith:)

Frank

Frank
Old 07-06-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Your so right Keith:)
Frank

smile.gif  I have done about 12 calibrations since getting my kit a few weeks ago. Just in the interests of seeing if I can do better and experimenting with mic positions and number of mic positions. I have to do another calibration next week as I am about to change my Height speakers to match my other M&K speakers. I have high hopes (no pun intended) for my little M&K height speakers as they are direct radiators (which is the correct sort to use) whereas my current height speakers are bipoles. The bipoles sound good, but I am expecting direct radiators to add a little more oomph to the height channels as the sound will be firing directly down to the MLP.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

Quote:

Thnx Jerry, more excellent posts of yours I took the liberty of adding to thread post #2.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:44 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

smile.gif   I have done about 12 calibrations since getting my kit a few weeks ago. Just in the interests of seeing if I can do better and experimenting with mic positions and number of mic positions. I have to do another calibration next week as I am about to change my Height speakers to match my other M&K speakers. I have high hopes (no pun intended) for my little M&K height speakers as they are direct radiators (which is the correct sort to use) whereas my current height speakers are bipoles. The bipoles sound good, but I am expecting direct radiators to add a little more oomph to the height channels as the sound will be firing directly down to the MLP.

Well I definitley be doing my second one on Tuesday night. The height channels work very well.

Frank
Old 07-06-2012, 08:58 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

smile.gif   I have done about 12 calibrations since getting my kit a few weeks ago.

I was going to ask Keith with the 12 calibration were they completely different from each other or similar with minor changes?

Frank
Old 07-06-2012, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26

Does the latest integra. July 5 firmware (network control issues) address any issues pertinent to audyssey or audyssey pro
J
Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

Does the latest integra. July 5 firmware (network control issues) address any issues pertinent to audyssey or audyssey pro
J

Are there notes accompanying the release?

Jeff
Old 07-07-2012, 07:06 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Are there notes accompanying the release?
Jeff
All it states is "Stabilizes the operation of Network Control".
Old 07-07-2012, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Network communication has been an issue in the past with Pro. Does this firmware help?

Joel
Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nick our lead tech is having problems getting the Audyssey pro to work with an Integra 80.3. It is a 5.2 set up. It will complete one measurement,but on the second measurement the left surround test is indicated while playing through the right speaker
Here is a copy and paste of Nicks issue from the Audyssey page.

On Measurement 2 ONLY, when it plays the test tone for Right Surround, sound comes out of the Left Surround Speaker, then when it plays the tone for the Left Surround, no sound is heard, then when it plays the tone for the subwoofer, no sound is heard again and I receive the message (See Pic).

This has happened on several attempts, Microphone Position 1 goes through fine, then things fail at Microphone Position 2 when the right surround is tested.

This is a 5.2 System, using balanced outs for the L,C,R,SR,SL and un-balanced out SW1, SW2. The DHC-80.3 has current firmware, factory reset was preformed and with the All Clear Audyssey, same results.

The built-in Audyssey for the Integra goes through fine without a hitch.

I was able to get through the Pro Audyssey with just the Front Left, Right and the 2 Subwoofers selected from the setup, but obviously would like to do ALL speakers at some point...

Anyone have any insight? Nick has the latest July 5th firmware and has tried a couple of computers
Thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf_uk View Post

All it states is "Stabilizes the operation of Network Control".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

Network communication has been an issue in the past with Pro. Does this firmware help?
Joel
We probably don't know. Network Control is something unrelated to the functioning of Pro, but I have also heard of instances where it interfered with Pro and needed to be turned off. That issue has come up in this thread.

Jeff
Old 07-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post

Nick our lead tech is having problems getting the Audyssey pro to work with an Integra 80.3. It is a 5.2 set up. It will complete one measurement,but on the second measurement the left surround test is indicated while playing through the right speaker
Here is a copy and paste of Nicks issue from the Audyssey page.

On Measurement 2 ONLY, when it plays the test tone for Right Surround, sound comes out of the Left Surround Speaker, then when it plays the tone for the Left Surround, no sound is heard, then when it plays the tone for the subwoofer, no sound is heard again and I receive the message (See Pic).
This has happened on several attempts, Microphone Position 1 goes through fine, then things fail at Microphone Position 2 when the right surround is tested.

This is a 5.2 System, using balanced outs for the L,C,R,SR,SL and un-balanced out SW1, SW2. The DHC-80.3 has current firmware, factory reset was preformed and with the All Clear Audyssey, same results.
The built-in Audyssey for the Integra goes through fine without a hitch.
I was able to get through the Pro Audyssey with just the Front Left, Right and the 2 Subwoofers selected from the setup, but obviously would like to do ALL speakers at some point...
Anyone have any insight? Nick has the latest July 5th firmware and has tried a couple of computers
Thanks

smile.gif Does the system employ remote control over IP? If so, try turning it off.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 AM
CIH USER

Finally found where to look at the cert but I noticed the subs show -4.5db below the reference line. When I had the SVS sub eqs the line was on reference. Has anyone else had experienced this?

Frank

Frank
Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Finally found where to look at the cert but I noticed the subs show -4.5db below the reference line. When I had the SVS sub eqs the line was on reference. Has anyone else had experienced this?
Frank

Not too worry all sorted Chris ( audyssey ) told me its a known issue.

Frank
Old 07-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Wireless member

What is "known?" That there is a real problem or that it falsely shows that level in re reference?

Jeff
Old 07-08-2012, 09:58 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

What is "known?" That there is a real problem or that it falsely shows that level in re reference?
Jeff

I was told this is a graph issue that pops up some times. The level of the sub is actually at reference.

Frank
Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was told this is a graph issue that pops up some times. The level of the sub is actually at reference.

Was this an "Ask Audyssey" discussion?  If yes, please provide a link so we can read and/or participate in the discussion.

I am concerned that we have added yet another issue to the list of known problems with the Pro software.  I am also concerned that Audyssey seems to be doing nothing to fix the issues.  The last time I discussed the list of known issues with Luke, he basically told me there is nothing further that he can do and that if I wanted to pursue, that I should present the list of issues to Chris for his comments.  I have not done this yet--does anyone think I should?

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Audyssey