Marantz NR1601 Receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-25-2011, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Product Sheet

Seldom in the course of our musical odysseys, do we come across products that outperform similar products many times more expensive. I think this is such a product! Specifically, the sound quality from this diminutive model is shockingly impressive! Therefore, I am creating this thread for owners of this model to discuss and compare notes.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-28-2011, 07:42 PM

Liked: 11
I guess no body owns one but me , Im am very impressed with this, I got it in the Bedroom, I liked it cause it was slim,But I like it even more for what it can do. Very good Quality even for being made in China But what Receiver is not these days
post #3 of 9 Old 08-01-2011, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvfreak View Post

I guess no body owns one but me , Im am very impressed with this, I got it in the Bedroom, I liked it cause it was slim,But I like it even more for what it can do. Very good Quality even for being made in China But what Receiver is not these days

Rest assured, you are not the only one. It is a very impressive receiver indeed!

You've got it in your bedroom?! What do you have in your listening room / home theater room? What other equipment are you pairing with it?

Cheers!
post #4 of 9 Old 12-25-2012, 03:20 PM

Hi, I just purchased a used NR1601. I would like to use the "extra" two channels to drive another set of speakers (simutaneously) in another nearby area when listening to stereo sources. My main set-up will be 5.1, no height or back surrounds. Is there a way of using "MULTI CH STEREO" to output to these speakers via say back surround connections. Any other suggestions? It is OK if the speakers output some sound when in 5.1 as my current set-up they receive the L/R surround info.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-25-2012, 03:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockislandman View Post

Hi, I just purchased a used NR1601. I would like to use the "extra" two channels to drive another set of speakers (simutaneously) in another nearby area when listening to stereo sources. My main set-up will be 5.1, no height or back surrounds. Is there a way of using "MULTI CH STEREO" to output to these speakers via say back surround connections. Any other suggestions? It is OK if the speakers output some sound when in 5.1 as my current set-up the receive the L/R surround info.

That receiver has Front B terminals. Why not just use them for your nearby area? then it will play whatever is being played in the main room.

Afro GT
post #6 of 9 Old 12-25-2012, 06:28 PM

I thought about that option, but I do not think that both "A" and "B" can be played at the same time. I need (as a minimum) both Front mains AND second area to play at the same time
post #7 of 9 Old 12-25-2012, 06:41 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockislandman View Post

Hi, I just purchased a used NR1601. I would like to use the "extra" two channels to drive another set of speakers (simutaneously) in another nearby area when listening to stereo sources. My main set-up will be 5.1, no height or back surrounds. Is there a way of using "MULTI CH STEREO" to output to these speakers via say back surround connections. Any other suggestions? It is OK if the speakers output some sound when in 5.1 as my current set-up the receive the L/R surround info.

Yes, you can configure it as you describe by connecting to the Surr Back speaker posts and setting the surround mode to Mult CH Stereo, although setting them up as "Front B" as afrogt suggests is likely the better configuration as you can then use the SPKR remote button to turn the Front B speakers ON. And yes, you can play the Front A and B together which is why there is an A+B setting.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #8 of 9 Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 AM

Great. Thanks for the information. I will tinker with those two options.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM

My HK 245 just said good night for the last time.

I'm looking at replacing with a Marantz NR1602 or 1603 or even maybe a Denon AVR 2113-CI.

Anybody have any thoughts, comments about the above?

Any information is appreciated.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Nr1601 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page