The "OFFICIAL" Pioneer Elite VSX-52 / 53 Owner's Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 1576 Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

Been on the boards along time but now is one of the first times that I've actually owned something worth talking about.

Set my new 53 up last Thursday and have a question regarding cycling through the various surround modes. When i do i seem to get a distinct speaker pop whith each change. It seems to be more prevalent with the standard choices. Is this common and if not is there something I need to change to prevent this. It's not critical, more annoying than anything else but with the unit being new it seems I shouldn't be getting this.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 1576 Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Hi zapco,

Quote:

When I do I seem to get a distinct speaker pop with each change.

Boy, it has been awhile and a lot of E53's and E52's since my post about my new E53 that Popped when I scrolled through the Surround fields.

I even called Pioneer and put the phone to the speaker so the Support Rep could hear it.
The Pioneer Rep told me to return it or take it to a Pioneer Certified Repair Facility.

I returned it to Best Buy the next day!
When I went to Best Buy one of the Return Rep's plugged it in and connected it to speakers, but of course you could not really hear it.
He still said that I could return it!
I just wanted another Elite VSX 53.
We did the swap, I brought home my new E53, Set it up and it has been operating fine ever since!

I thought that mine was a single glitch but it looks as though you have one too!
I did just like you just did and posted about it here but no one else had any problems.

Hopefully you bought your E53 locally and you can easily swap it out!
Feel secure in the fact that so far it seems to be a very very rare occurrence.

Good Luck,

Bud B
post #303 of 1576 Old 10-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Hi ihbond,
Power Cord,
Quote:

Known issue, just called up pioneer and they sent me a newer cable, took about 3 days.

I posted this early on and in here.
My solution was to just swap out the power cord with a Grounded IEC Cord that was from an old computer, it plugged in very secure and has been fine since.
It has a Ground receptacle in the cord but because the Pioneer's are just 2 conductors, nothing plugs into the ground hole in the cord.
It also gave me a 3 prong plug at the end of the power cord.

So if you have an old IEC Power cord laying around or in a box etc.. try it out, power is power and it is not a special cord.
I think that I still have about 4 extra cords left, from old printers, Computers, etc...

Later,

Bud B
post #304 of 1576 Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud B View Post

Hi ihbond,
Power Cord,

I posted this early on and in here.
My solution was to just swap out the power cord with a Grounded IEC Cord that was from an old computer, it plugged in very secure and has been fine since.
It has a Ground receptacle in the cord but because the Pioneer's are just 2 conductors, nothing plugs into the ground hole in the cord.
It also gave me a 3 prong plug at the end of the power cord.

So if you have an old IEC Power cord laying around or in a box etc.. try it out, power is power and it is not a special cord.
I think that I still have about 4 extra cords left, from old printers, Computers, etc...

Later,

Bud B

Thanks for the reply! One thing to consider is the amperage the cable is rated at for warranty issues. I believe the pioneer has 10amps..and some of the older printers might have a higher amp rating
post #305 of 1576 Old 10-30-2011, 07:23 PM

Hey Bud,

Thanks for the insight. I downloaded Arcsoft Total Theater 5 and that bitstreamed DTS Master without any fiddling with settings. That was great, but the video play back was jittery. I'm wondering how you like the PowerDVD10 playback and if there is any consensus on which is better?

Question #2. When I first set up, I didn't do the auto MCACC step. When I listened to sources from iTunes, the signal was listed as stereo and I could use the PLIIx music surround setting which I liked. Today I ran the MCACC auto calibration. Now the signal is listed as PCM, and I can't seem to use PLIIx or any other standard surround modes. What did I do and how do I undo it?

Question #3-- What is AirPlay and can anyone give me a good source for setting it up. There's precious little in the manual.

Thanks.

--JM
post #306 of 1576 Old 10-30-2011, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 116
So nobody has gotten the HDMI passthrough/standby to work on the 52/53? I'm considering the 53 but I have to have this feature(gotta make my system wife proof).

post #307 of 1576 Old 10-30-2011, 10:18 PM

Quick question:

I've been putting the receiver into ALC mode for night time television viewing, but beginning yesterday, no sound is output at all! This only occurs in this mode- all the other surround settings work completely fine. And yeah I checked to see if the volume was just too low, and that's not the case. Thanks in advance.
post #308 of 1576 Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 PM

Also, when I go into that mode, the speakers all pop, then silence. Strange...
post #309 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 View Post

So nobody has gotten the HDMI passthrough/standby to work on the 52/53? I'm considering the 53 but I have to have this feature(gotta make my system wife proof).

i have an lx55(eu model) and it works fine
post #310 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member

Hi ihbond,

Quote:
One thing to consider is the amperage the cable is rated at for warranty issues. I believe the pioneer has 10amps..and some of the older printers might have a higher amp rating

A higher amp rating is a good thing!
If the Pioneer is rated at 10Amps then anything from a 20AWG power Cord to a 18, 16, 14AWG would be fine, smaller number = bigger wire Gauge = more Amps.
Most IEC Cords do not even list an "Amp" rating.

You are actually better off to match wire gauge to wire gauge.
It is the wire gauge or size used in the cord, that transforms to the "Amps" that it can carry.
"Amps" are what can heat up wires, if you have a 30 Amp Draw on a 15 Amp circuit and the 18 gauge internal wiring cannot take it, it heats up and can melt and start fires, that is why you have your Circuit Breaker panel and when it senses that you have overloaded the circuit and you are asking the wire to supply more "Amps" than it was designed for, It trips!

Also related to running a 18 gauge extension cord to an appliance or something that is drawing lot's of "Amps" through the wires, the extension cord can become very hot to the touch.

I think that most IEC cords for home use, Computer, Monitor, etc. use 18AWG wire. If memory serves, so is the Pioneer IEC 18AWG.

Always remember as I stated above, it is a smaller number AWG that equals larger Diameter wire, so if you want to increase the IEC cord to 16, 14 or even 12AWG all the better but not really necessary.
Just do not replace a cord going the other way as in a 12AWG with a 18AWG, that is NOT a good thing!

So in Summary, replace your Pioneer or any OEM Cord AWG to AWG and you should be fine.

Link to a guide for wire gauge vs Amps.

http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Wire-Gauge_Ampacity

From the table, you will see that:
18AWG is rated at 16 Amps. Probably in your House on a 15Amp Breaker
14AWG is rated at 32 Amps . Probably in your House on a 25Amp Breaker

Though recently there have been theories to wire whole houses with 12AWG gauge wire rated at 41Amps, it is not that much more than the smaller wire and much safer in the long run.
If I was building a house, it would be a no Brainer, 12AWG at least for the Outlets, because look at what gets plugged into home outlets today!

Sorry, went off topic a bit but you get the drift.
AWG to AWG for your IEC power cords or a smaller AWG....

Thanks for bringing that up ihbond!

Trust me, if you have a Warranty Issue, the Power Cord Police are not going to rush to your location to take pictures and see what "Power Cord" you have plugged into the wall!
Your doing this for you more than the Pioneer, my replacement cord is a 18AWG cord and will easily and safely pass up to 16 amps, plenty for the Pio at 10 Amps.
A very COOL Cord!

Have a Great Day and Week Everyone!
Stay Safe!

Bud B
post #311 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 08:16 AM

I am considering the VSX-53 but have a question regarding Zone 2 that needs to be answered before I pull the trigger.

My setup will have two zones:

1) Main Zone- 7.1: FR, FL, C, Side R&L, Back R&L and a subwoofer
2) Zone 2 -Deck: Stereo (R&L)

After reading the manual, it looks like if I use the speaker posts for Zone 2, I will eliminate my Surround Backs from my Main 7.1 setup. I do not want to reduce my Main zone's 7.1 setup to 5.1 just for Zone 2 functionality.

If I used the Zone 2 Pre-Amp (plus another stereo amplifier) for my Zone 2, would the pre-amp eliminate the reallocation of the Main Zone's Surround Back (like it does when using the speaker posts)? If using the Zone 2 Pre-Amp does the trick, would my Main 7.1 system always be 7.1 even when Zone 2 is functioning OR would my Main 7.1 system downgrade to 5.1 when Zone 2 is functioning?

Assuming the Zone 2 Pre-Amp works, any recommendations for a simple amp? Low cost trumps sound quality since it will be for deck speakers.

This is my first go at a setup like this, so don't be critical. Sorry if this has been answered previously. I looked on the forums and googled looking for an acceptable response with no luck.
post #312 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 AM

Good point Bud...bad example I gave (Amperage should have been stated the other way)..

Quote:

Hi ihbond,

A higher amp rating is a good thing!
If the Pioneer is rated at 10Amps then anything from a 20AWG power Cord to a 18, 16, 14AWG would be fine, smaller number = bigger wire Gauge = more Amps.
Most IEC Cords do not even list an "Amp" rating.

You are actually better off to match wire gauge to wire gauge.
It is the wire gauge or size used in the cord, that transforms to the "Amps" that it can carry.
"Amps" are what can heat up wires, if you have a 30 Amp Draw on a 15 Amp circuit and the 18 gauge internal wiring cannot take it, it heats up and can melt and start fires, that is why you have your Circuit Breaker panel and when it senses that you have overloaded the circuit and you are asking the wire to supply more "Amps" than it was designed for, It trips!

Also related to running a 18 gauge extension cord to an appliance or something that is drawing lot's of "Amps" through the wires, the extension cord can become very hot to the touch.

I think that most IEC cords for home use, Computer, Monitor, etc. use 18AWG wire. If memory serves, so is the Pioneer IEC 18AWG.

Always remember as I stated above, it is a smaller number AWG that equals larger Diameter wire, so if you want to increase the IEC cord to 16, 14 or even 12AWG all the better but not really necessary.
Just do not replace a cord going the other way as in a 12AWG with a 18AWG, that is NOT a good thing!

So in Summary, replace your Pioneer or any OEM Cord AWG to AWG and you should be fine.

Link to a guide for wire gauge vs Amps.

http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Wire-Gauge_Ampacity

From the table, you will see that:
18AWG is rated at 16 Amps. Probably in your House on a 15Amp Breaker
14AWG is rated at 32 Amps . Probably in your House on a 25Amp Breaker

Though recently there have been theories to wire whole houses with 12AWG gauge wire rated at 41Amps, it is not that much more than the smaller wire and much safer in the long run.
If I was building a house, it would be a no Brainer, 12AWG at least for the Outlets, because look at what gets plugged into home outlets today!

Sorry, went off topic a bit but you get the drift.
AWG to AWG for your IEC power cords or a smaller AWG....

Thanks for bringing that up ihbond!

Trust me, if you have a Warranty Issue, the Power Cord Police are not going to rush to your location to take pictures and see what "Power Cord" you have plugged into the wall!
Your doing this for you more than the Pioneer, my replacement cord is a 18AWG cord and will easily and safely pass up to 16 amps, plenty for the Pio at 10 Amps.
A very COOL Cord!

Have a Great Day and Week Everyone!
Stay Safe!

Bud B

post #313 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf67 View Post

Hey Bud,

Thanks for your response. I do have sirius hooked up in my apartment already. However I was hoping that the elite vsx52 would stream it, too.

This is what pioneer has posted on their website...

"Online Music Services & More
You can also easily access popular internet-based music services like Pandora, Rhapsody® and SiriusXM Radio, as well as the thousands of high quality internet radio stations available through vTuner."

So I was unclear whether I could just put my login and password (for sirius) into the receiver and I'd be good to go. I guess not. Too bad.

Thanks for taking your time to reply.

You can use the receiver to listen to Sirius Radio online. That requires a different Sirius account than the Sirius Satellite. Once you are signed up for this kind of listening then it is easy to use the receiver to listen to it. It is just like listening to Pandora. It doesn't require a separate tuner.
post #314 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Hi zapco,

Boy, it has been awhile and a lot of E53's and E52's since my post about my new E53 that Popped when I scrolled through the Surround fields.

I even called Pioneer and put the phone to the speaker so the Support Rep could hear it.
The Pioneer Rep told me to return it or take it to a Pioneer Certified Repair Facility.

I returned it to Best Buy the next day!
When I went to Best Buy one of the Return Rep's plugged it in and connected it to speakers, but of course you could not really hear it.
He still said that I could return it!
I just wanted another Elite VSX 53.
We did the swap, I brought home my new E53, Set it up and it has been operating fine ever since!

I thought that mine was a single glitch but it looks as though you have one too!
I did just like you just did and posted about it here but no one else had any problems.

Hopefully you bought your E53 locally and you can easily swap it out!
Feel secure in the fact that so far it seems to be a very very rare occurrence.

Good Luck,

Bud B

Thanks for the quick reply Bud,

Unfortunately I took the route of buying it online so looks like I'll need to deal with it. I prefer to save my squaretrade warranty for something serious.

Thanks again for your reply.
post #315 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 45
Well it looks like I fixed most of the issues I was having, it turns out that if you have more then one Wifi network running you need to be connected to the one your Receiver is directly plugged into in order for AirPlay to work.

Also how many of you have your Receiver convert 1080i sources to 1080p or 1080p/24.

Sharp Elite PRO- 70X5FD 
Pioneer Elite VSX- 52 (A/V receiver)
Pioneer Elite BDP3FD (Blu-Ray) Player
Surround sound system: B&W (2) CM8's, (1) CENTER CHANNEL, (2) CM1 BOOKSHELF MONITORS's, (1) ASW10CM ACTIVE SUBWOOFER.
post #316 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
^^^

yes, it needs to be on the same network... otherwise, how wouldmit know the client is out there?

i would imagine it deinterlaces with no problem, but i would be careful attempting 24p on 1080i broadcast sources...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #317 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Hi RadTech51

Quote:

Also how many of you have your Receiver convert 1080i sources to 1080p or 1080p/24.

I have a Time Warner Cable DVR that puts out 1080i to my Pioneer E53,
then at my E53 in Video Adjust I have 1080P selected for my Pioneer Kuro HDTV.
When I initially changed it to 1080P my Kuro went black for a second as it adjusted and it has been fine ever since!
It works without any problems

The Op Manual states to set that at what your Monitor / HDTV is spec'd for and that's what I did.
I play 1080P/60 FPS from my HTPC (Panasonic TM700 HiDef Camcorder 1080P/60 Video Files) with no problems as well.
My Kuro Display shows 1080P 32Bit.

Your Sharp is based on my Kuro so yours should do fine as well!
I only have 50 inches (sounds like were talking, you know what, I have 50 inches and you have 70 Inches! LOL)
I saw your Bad MammaJamma 70 Incher, that's a Bad Mother F! Shut Your Mouth! But I'm Talkin' 'Bout Sharp! LOL!

Enjoy,

Bud B
post #318 of 1576 Old 10-31-2011, 08:32 PM

Anybody have any idea why I'm having issues w/ no sound in ALC mode?
post #319 of 1576 Old 11-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Hi jch1,

Quote:

Anybody have any idea why I'm having issues w/ no sound in ALC mode?

I know that I don't!
It does not make sense why one Soundfield would not have any sound.
I think that you should call Pioneers Technical Support.

For General Service & Support
Call 1-800-421-1404 or contact us by e-mail
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. EST

I know when I had checked for an Authorized Pioneer Repair Center it was 1.5 miles from where I live.

Good Luck,

Bud B
post #320 of 1576 Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefromMD View Post

Yes, hardwire your VSX to a bridged router. You do not need the megabuck Pioneer dongle adapter thing.

Works like a dream and you can hook up any other devices that need access - I have my PS3 and one of my Sonos Zone Players wired up to it.

Upstairs, I have another one with a TV, BluRay, and 2 Sonos boxes

On the top floor I have anothe BluRay player and a SOnos box all wired.

The three bridges all talk to my main router which has nothing plugged into it lol.

Hi All,

I got the AS-WL300 to work and work as advertized. After the initial troubleshooting of the AS-WL300 by setting it up while physically closer to my Linksys WRT300N V1 which worked but using the iControlAV2 iPhone app still presented problems and streaming from iTunes would hang iTunes pretty bad.

I bought a Linksys bridge to replace the AS-WL300 but after getting it working I opted to return the Linksys bridge and I got to thinking that maybe because I'm using an old Linksys router which was only spec'd for the draft of 802.11n (the current standard), that the weird issues might be because the router can't handle but I couldn't figure out why so I returned the bridge and bought a Linksys E4200 wireless router. I set it up and I've noticed an immediate difference with the network connectivity. My other home theater devices which are wifi enabled connected quicker during setup.

I tried streaming from my iPhone to the VSX-52 via wifi and it worked great, it did cut out a bit but I think it's because the antenna of the AS-WL300 is small and I live in a building with a high concentration of wifi access points.

The next step was to see if the iControlAV2 iPhone app would work. It had no issues finding the VSX-52 which leads me to believe that it finds the device by IP address and the device name that is setup on the VSX; if your wireless AP/router doesn't show the VSX-52 name, iControlAV2 will likely not work. My old Linksys WRT300N V1 would show the MAC address as the device name and not show anything in the "Local Area Network" section of the Status tab of the Linksys router configuration.

I do have the ability to turn on the VSX-52 via wifi I just have to reconfigure how my power conditioner is setup to take advantage of it, (the Cisco HDTV cable box is currently setup to power on everything.)

Other noteable tid-bits:
  • The AS-WL300 only sees the 20MHz wifi band for 2.4Ghz and 5.4GHz wifi APs.
  • That being said don't expect to see the AS-WL300 use the 40MHz band at all.
  • Use a more current wifi AP/Router that supports the most current wifi standards.
  • Streaming music from an iPhone to the VSX-52 is quicker via BlueTooth than wifi at least on starting the streaming to the VSX-52, the downside is that you have to pair the BlueTooth or turn it on in your iPhone which introduces some delay too.
post #321 of 1576 Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi RadTech51

I have a Time Warner Cable DVR that puts out 1080i to my Pioneer E53,
then at my E53 in Video Adjust I have 1080P selected for my Pioneer Kuro HDTV.
When I initially changed it to 1080P my Kuro went black for a second as it adjusted and it has been fine ever since!
It works without any problems

The Op Manual states to set that at what your Monitor / HDTV is spec'd for and that's what I did.
I play 1080P/60 FPS from my HTPC (Panasonic TM700 HiDef Camcorder 1080P/60 Video Files) with no problems as well.
My Kuro Display shows 1080P 32Bit.

Your Sharp is based on my Kuro so yours should do fine as well!
I only have 50 inches (sounds like were talking, you know what, I have 50 inches and you have 70 Inches! LOL)
I saw your Bad MammaJamma 70 Incher, that's a Bad Mother F! Shut Your Mouth! But I'm Talkin' 'Bout Sharp! LOL!

Enjoy,

Bud B

Lol thx

Sharp Elite PRO- 70X5FD 
Surround sound system: B&W (2) CM8's, (1) CENTER CHANNEL, (2) CM1 BOOKSHELF MONITORS's, (1) ASW10CM ACTIVE SUBWOOFER.
post #322 of 1576 Old 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM

This may be a silly question but did not recall it being asked in the previous 10pages of this post.

What are the advantages or benefits of using the predesignated input names as opposed to assigning your own?

for example: I just used the first three HDMI inputs instead of the ones called out for sattelite, DVD, and or BD.

Is this limiting me in anyway or does it not matter?

Thanks for the education.

Bret
post #323 of 1576 Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

nope, you are good to go....

the labels are there as a convenience... the 2 channel analog in jacks are "really" whatbthe inputs are... you are free to assign the digital inputs to those however you please...

note: on multiple pio avrs in the past, we have noted that the "last" hdmi port is somewhat less recalcitrant when it comes to troublesome cable/sat boxes...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

post #324 of 1576 Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Hi, hopefully someone here can advise me on my new VSX-53 or recommend another model.

I have a pretty basic HT setup. Elite Plasma, B&W CDM7 se front, CDM1 se surround and CDM center. I just replaced a Marantz SR8500 that started failing. My 2nd expensive Marantz to fail in 10yrs. I liked the Marantz sound, but surround sound, HDMI and picture quality on the new Pioneer is excellent. And, Marantz quality concerns me.

My main issue is the stereo/music sound. It is god awful. Very harsh and tinny, the treble is overpowering. I ran the Auto set up and everything appears normal. (My Velodyne sub is not working and the VSX recognized my speaker set up, Large front etc.). Is this just a case of requiring manual adjustment or is the Pioneer a bad match for my B&W's? The Marantz sounded great for music right out of the box. It seems the Onkyo and Denon's are more popular??
post #325 of 1576 Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

nope, you are good to go....

the labels are there as a convenience... the 2 channel analog in jacks are "really" whatbthe inputs are... you are free to assign the digital inputs to those however you please...

note: on multiple pio avrs in the past, we have noted that the "last" hdmi port is somewhat less recalcitrant when it comes to troublesome cable/sat boxes...

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have another question though. When using the component inputs (2 sets on the 53) I didn't see a way to assign the analog audio (RCA's) to them. By looking at the manual it showed that component 1 input was to use the pair under the "video in" but for the component 2 input, there were no examples illustrated. There didn't seem to be an option for assigning analog inputs I guess is what I'm saying.

Sorry if this isn't very clear, always trying to learn.

Thanks,
Bret
post #326 of 1576 Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

you are welcome...

you are thinking about it backwards.... you would assign the component video to the analog audio port (again, the analog port, when applicable*, is what the avr considers the "inputs" to be)...

you can never assign analog audio, as that is the "baseline" the avr works off of...

*edit: note "applicable", not "in use"... the usb input, is an example of an input without an analog pair...

- chris

post #327 of 1576 Old 11-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member

Hi DH2117,

Quote:

My Velodyne sub is not working and the VSX recognized my speaker set up, Large front etc.

As long as your speakers are set to "Large" your Sub will not work.
The large setting tells the Pioneer that you DO NOT have a Sub, so send the Sub's Freq. to the Large speakers.
Go to Speaker setup and set your speakers to "Small" and the Sub will now get those frequencies.
Set your Crossover to 80 if it does not default to it after you run the MCACC which you will have to do after setting your speakers to Small.

I have the B&W's 685's and I love them with my Pioneer.

It's ALL in the initial setup.

After Setup you can manually go into Manual MCACC and adjust to taste!

Good Luck,

Bud B
PS. ALL of these posts can't be wrong, the Sound is in the Box, work with it and you will get it!
post #328 of 1576 Old 11-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Advanced Member

Hi again,

Quote:

It seems the Onkyo and Denon's are more popular??

Says Who!?

This and other Pioneer Owners Threads are littered with much Happier Onkyo and Denon previous owners that now have Pioneers.
Though the two question mark's after your quote above seems to be asking that question and not stating a fact.
If you look through the posts though you will see the answer.
Not to mention the Pluses of the MCACC over their Audyssey Setup.

A good reading Thread now that you have a Pioneer is the MCACC Owners Thread..Read ALL About IT!

Check out post 255 on page 9 which also has links to the MCACC Owners Thread..
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1350053&page=9

Bud B
post #329 of 1576 Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

well... there's at least one former card carrying pio ho' who would agree with the other poster...

- chris

post #330 of 1576 Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

^^ I'm using some rather cheep JVL tower tower Speekers with my new ELITE Receiver at the moment. I'm saving up for the B&W's but it won't be until a few more years before I get them. Anyway at the moment I have no idea if everything is even set up correctly. When watching Blu-ray movies it sounds great but when watching regular cable Tv it's rather dull. The Souround sound effect isn't working as good, the rear Speekers are very low. Any help would be appreciated thx.

Sharp Elite PRO- 70X5FD 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page