Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1569 Old 01-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwaltz View Post

With my configuration, a samsung led and vsx 52, the only way I have been able to get the volume to show up on my tv is to turn HDMI control On. In my opinion its not worth having HDMI control On because of all the other quirks that come with it. Perhaps HDMI control On behaves better with your setup.

Hope that helps

Thanks. Not sure I want to mess with hdmi control and all the issues it brings to the table
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1569 Old 01-22-2012, 10:32 AM

I have wired my vsx-52 to the router but can not detect it on the network. When I go to the receiver menu the "network information" choice is locked out. When I go to the "network setup" menu and try to check the IP address it shows an info box stating "network setup applying settings". I can not clear this message, it seems to be stuck. I have confirmed that all wires and connections are good...HELP!
post #633 of 1569 Old 01-22-2012, 01:47 PM

Is there a service menu I can access on the vsx-1326 to change the On-Screen display color to Amber as the equivalent Elite model?

Think it looks classier than plain white.
post #634 of 1569 Old 01-22-2012, 02:43 PM
KVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroghen View Post

Is there a service menu I can access on the vsx-1326 to change the On-Screen display color to Amber as the equivalent Elite model?

Think it looks classier than plain white.

Not possible. Only the Elites have the amber display, which is an amber filter over top the white.
post #635 of 1569 Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud B View Post

Hi Wozman,

If the "Digital Output" did not work and because the HDMI Output is proprietary to your MOBO, I would contact support for your Zotac H55-ITX Wifi and see what the MOBO Manufacturer suggests.
You may need to go into the BIOS and then to Audio and just turn on the HDMI Audio Output, but before I did anything I would definitely contact them at this point.
They will either point you in the right direction in regard to a Driver Download or a BIOS setting.

Good Luck,

Bud B

Thanks Bud B,

You lead me to the right direction, turns out my "HDMI-Audio" was disabled. in the BIOS. Don't ask me why manufacturers do this......I enabled it, and viola I now have sound.

Currently going thru the Assassin HTPC Guides (that I found on AVSForum, I purchased) solid stuff there.....and setting up my HTPC.

One thing I noticed tho, my receiver is taking the sound and displaying "PCM" on the display.....not True HD or other formats when using the HTPC. Is that normal and is that what I should have???? maybe I am missing a setting on the receiver or HTPC.

Thanks

Display#1: Pioneer Kuro Plasma PDP-5020FD (Living Room)
Display#2: Panasonic Plasma TC-P55ST60 (Rec-Room)
Display#3: Samsung LED SmartTV - UN32EH5300 (Bedroom)
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1326-k -- Speakers: Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III
BD Player: Sony BDP-S350 -- PS3 & PS4
HTPC: Home Theatre PC
post #636 of 1569 Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwak View Post

I can't speak to the VSX-50, but that is not true of the VSX-52, makes no sense and I suspect is incorrect.

Again, I don't know about the 50, but you can do this on the 52/52 by assigning whatever audio input you want to a video input. It does require going into the input setup menu to do so and would take maybe 5-10 seconds to set it up rather than simply pressing one button, but it can be done.

This post is from quite a while ago but I wanted to see if somebody could give me specifics on this. I have a 52 and I want to have audio output from USB/Ipod simultaneously with video from cable box, currently plugged into HDMI 1.

I understand that there are options within the input menu to customize various input/outputs but I have not been able to accomplish this specific one. When I configure the Ipod input, the video options are grayed out so that doesn't appear to be the solution. I also tried customizing one of the HDMI inputs but there is no option to use USB/Ipod for the audio. Is there another way to do this or is it not possible?

If not internally, maybe the only way it so to use an hdmi splitter to split the output from the cable box and route one to the receiver and route one to the tv directly.
post #637 of 1569 Old 01-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozman View Post

One thing I noticed tho, my receiver is taking the sound and displaying "PCM" on the display.....not True HD or other formats when using the HTPC.

That's normal. The application generating the sound is sending 'pure' PCM (digital representations of soundwaves). It doesn't need to encode the sound to into a Dolby/DTS/etc codec, only to have the receiver decode it.
post #638 of 1569 Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozman View Post

Thanks Bud B,

You lead me to the right direction, turns out my "HDMI-Audio" was disabled. in the BIOS. Don't ask me why manufacturers do this......I enabled it, and viola I now have sound.

Currently going thru the Assassin HTPC Guides (that I found on AVSForum, I purchased) solid stuff there.....and setting up my HTPC.

One thing I noticed tho, my receiver is taking the sound and displaying "PCM" on the display.....not True HD or other formats when using the HTPC. Is that normal and is that what I should have???? maybe I am missing a setting on the receiver or HTPC.

Thanks

While there should be no difference between truehd, dts hdma and a PCM track, there is a way for your receiver to do the decoding. This all depends thou on if your video card is capable of bitstreaming lossless audio. Assassins guides can show you how to accomplish bitstreaming with mpchc.

What graphics card are you using??
post #639 of 1569 Old 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM

Hi There;

New VX-52 owner with a connection question.

I would like to have all my devices controlled by the amp, but I want to be able to have my HD Cable STB to also work using the audio from the TV and not have to turn on the amp all the time jsut to watch regualr programming (I have two young kids that will be watching TV as well and I dont want to have my amp on for this use).

Can I wire the STB (HD cable box) HDMI cable to the receiver and then "pass through" audio/video somehow when its off, or is the only way to do this is to wire the STB HDMI cable directly to the TV and then add a digital audio cable to the amp for the times when I want it to play the STB throught the receiver?

I am not sure if I am misunderstadning the "pass through concept" and having trouble figuring out how to use it for what I want.

Thanks very much for any advice/help!
Eric
post #640 of 1569 Old 01-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer944 View Post

Hi There;

I would like to have all my devices controlled by the amp, but I want to be able to have my HD Cable STB to also work using the audio from the TV and not have to turn on the amp all the time jsut to watch regualr programming (I have two young kids that will be watching TV as well and I dont want to have my amp on for this use).

Can I wire the STB (HD cable box) HDMI cable to the receiver and then "pass through" audio/video somehow when its off, or is the only way to do this is to wire the STB HDMI cable directly to the TV and then add a digital audio cable to the amp for the times when I want it to play the STB throught the receiver?

I am not sure if I am misunderstadning the "pass through concept" and having trouble figuring out how to use it for what I want.

Eric

Haing read this entire thread over the last few days, it seems pass through sometimes works sometimes doesnt, usually doesnt. My suggestion is to get an HDMI switch that allows you to direct where the signal is going.

Something like THIS
post #641 of 1569 Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer944 View Post

I think many just wire the STB to the TV, and use a digital cable from the STB to the AVR. More wife&kid friendly.
post #642 of 1569 Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 AM

Hi all... I am considering making the jump from the VSX-1015 to the VSX-50 and was wondering if anyone else had made a similar move and what their experiences might be?

For instance, will I notice the power loss from the 1015 to the 50?

Sorry if this is vague, just getting into the thought process if you know what I mean.
post #643 of 1569 Old 01-26-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud B View Post

Hi Wild_Fyer,

WOW! Incredible!
Unless all of the IEC Receptacles that they Installed into their receivers are bad.
Myself I think that it is the IEC Cord that they are supplying with their receivers.
You can look at the end of the cord and the holes look round to go on Blade connectors.

Talk about throwing out the Baby with the Bath water!
Just supply some better Power cords!

I'll send them some Pics... Crazy!

Thanks for the FYI on the response.

Bud B

Hooked mine up 2 days ago and I thought the same thing. it's almost like the end of the power cord is to long on the female end to get plugged into the male at least im not crazy
post #644 of 1569 Old 01-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Hi Eric,

Quote:

Hi There;

Eric

As stated by another poster the HDMI Passthrough will work depending on the "Compatibility" level of the equipment.

You could try it and see if you are one of those lucky ones.
If your HDTV has "HDMI Control" or CEC as it is otherwise referred to, turn it ON and put in whatever information it needs and turn ON "HDMI Control" with the Pioneer Receiver.

The Pioneer will default to the TV/SAT Input with HDMI Control ON so you will need to go int the System Setup and then go to "Input Setup" and go to the TV/SAT Input and then scroll down to HDMI Input and select the HDMI Input that has your Cable Box or Satellite Box connected to.
This is discussed in greater detail starting on page 47 of the VSX 52's OP Manual.

Good Luck,

Bud B
post #645 of 1569 Old 01-27-2012, 07:07 AM

Hi all,

Okay, I think I figured it out - seems there aren't as many 7.1 movies as I thought there was.

I went home and futzed with the receiver some more and realized that I am getting that sweet, rear surround usage if there is 7.1 sound present (Captain America on blu sounded great). But if there's only 5.1, then no rears.
So I guess I'll use the Advanced settings when I want to push some sound their way.

--------
Let me say thanks up front, because these forums have always been a treasure trove of info.

I just hooked up my new VSX-50 last night and seem to be having a little issue with the surround backs. I went through MCACC, went with the standard default setting, made sure that Front High was set to "no" and double-checked to make sure the rear surrounds were wired to the "Surround Back/Zone 2" connections and not the "Front Height/Wide/B" connections.

Thing is, I'm not getting any sound out of the rear surrounds. They're set up, they showed up during MCACC setup and they show up in the settings. Just... no sound.

Any thoughts or ideas or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.

(I have gone through both this and the official MCACC forum and didn't spot anything.)

Thanks!
post #646 of 1569 Old 01-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Just got the VSX 1326K, love the sound but when I am switching inputs say between my cable box and laptop or PS3 it will connect once then switch to the TV/Sat input. Input skip is on for this input but it always skips back.

Any ideas?

Also I was looking for an answer to a previous post about playing video from one source on my display and audio from another through the speakers? Is this possible?

Thanks for the help
post #647 of 1569 Old 01-27-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscarlso View Post

Just got the VSX 1326K, love the sound but when I am switching inputs say between my cable box and laptop or PS3 it will connect once then switch to the TV/Sat input. Input skip is on for this input but it always skips back.

Any ideas?

Also I was looking for an answer to a previous post about playing video from one source on my display and audio from another through the speakers? Is this possible?

Thanks for the help

This sounds to me like an HDMI control quirk, if you have it on try turning it off to see if that fixes the issue.
post #648 of 1569 Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipstinger View Post

Hooked mine up 2 days ago and I thought the same thing. it's almost like the end of the power cord is to long on the female end to get plugged into the male at least im not crazy

I just wrapped black electrical tape around the plug about 3 times (tightly) so that when you plug it into the back, it fits snugly.
post #649 of 1569 Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwaltz View Post

This sounds to me like an HDMI control quirk, if you have it on try turning it off to see if that fixes the issue.

I've looked at all the HDMI connections and they are all good. Once you turn it to say for example HMDI 1 for my Cable box it will connect and the picture and audio will come through only to switch to the TV/Sat input which has nothing in and and has been skipped.

I have 3 HDMI components plugged in and this happens on all of them.

Also, any luck with playing video and audio from seperate sources?

Thanks again!
post #650 of 1569 Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscarlso View Post

Once you turn it to say for example HMDI 1 for my Cable box it will connect and the picture and audio will come through only to switch to the TV/Sat input which has nothing in and and has been skipped.

I have 3 HDMI components plugged in and this happens on all of them.

Thanks again!

Hi dscarlso, most likely its your tv HDMI-CEC feature being "on". Try turning it "off", some HDMI-CEC trade names are: Samsung - AnyNet+, Panasonic - Viera Link, Pioneer - Kuro Link, Sony - Bravia Sync, etc...
post #651 of 1569 Old 01-29-2012, 12:10 PM

I don't know how you guys know so much on these subject. It was the HDMI-CEC...turned that off and then I had no more issues so far. The problem hasn't shown itself today...knock on wood.

I will keep looking back to the forum if anyone has an answer about playing Video and Audio from separate sources simultaneously in one zone. Cheers!!
post #652 of 1569 Old 01-29-2012, 03:18 PM

First 72 hour impressions on my VSX-52

Got off to a rocky start. First, my devices connected to it: receiver plugged into port of a repeater for network connectivity. HTPC using Sandy Bridge video via HDMI, and Directv satellite box via HDMI, plugged into receiver, out to 55" Vizio LCD (does not have HDMI CEC control).

First thing I did was turn off HDMI control in the receiver due to all the issues Ive read int he thread. Ran MCACC without incident. Made no tweaks or other adjustments. Was having a network issue (not getting a DHCP IP address), couldnt get that resolved. Was getting audio, but no video from satellite box. Tried using a different HDMI port (using port 1 for sat TV box, port 2 for HTPC) no luck. Also couldnt get the GUI to come up. Tried a different HDMI port on the TV. No luck. Finally ended up calling Pioneer support who, after some troubleshooting, suggested I have a bad receiver.

(insert cuss words here as Ive been at this for a couple of hours now)

Decided what the hell, and did a factory reset and started over. This time didnt turn HDMI control off. Re-ran MCACC, got the GUI, all was well. After another hour, all was up and running. After a couple of hours, tweaked the high end attenuation a bit, as it was a little bright.

Since then, all is awesome. Watched Killer Elite last night, and really pleased with the sound. Having listened to about 10 hours of music, I may end up flattening out the EQ on all channels manually...we'll see. Internet radio is frikkin awesome! GUI leaves a bit to be desired, but its audio, right? My wife is pinay so she was very happy to get filipino radio stations at home lol. Dunno why I never set this up on my HTPC before. Meh oh well. Got it now.

Only issue so far...even though I have set my receiver to be the last turned on device in my Harmony, theres still a 4-10 sec delay in getting video when switching sources. Not sure why. Also not sure why HDMI control hasnt given me much of an issue as its been a common theme in the thread...but it hasnt. If it works, dont break it right?

All in all VERY pleased. My last receiver didnt upconvert to 1080p so Im very impressed with the 52's video engine as Im normally pretty picky about picture.
post #653 of 1569 Old 01-29-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post

Internet radio is frikkin awesome! GUI leaves a bit to be desired, but its audio, right?

Try the iControlAV2 app -- I have it on my android. It makes the HMG & internet radio mush, much more usable.
post #654 of 1569 Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 AM

I recently got the pioneer.

I am wondering what everyone uses for speakers?
post #655 of 1569 Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 AM

I love my 52 I did the MCACC without issue then watched Fast Five and I was extremely happy the up convert makes the picture look that much better.

As for speakers I am using an older set of Energy front and rear surround with an addition Two more newer model energy for the rear back and I am also running two energy 8 inch powered subs and the sound is still incredible.
post #656 of 1569 Old 01-30-2012, 02:13 PM

I have a brand new VSX-53. I'm having a strange problem that in order to output any sound to my speakers, I need to:
1. Turn it on
2. Wait minute and turn it off
3. Wait another minute and turn it back on
Then it will output sound. I don't hit any other buttons and I have to do this every time I want to listen to music/movies.

Is my receiver broken or is there a way to fix this? Otherwise, I'm returning it immediately as this is really annoying me.

Thanks in advance!
post #657 of 1569 Old 01-30-2012, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobonsai View Post

I recently got the pioneer.

I am wondering what everyone uses for speakers?

Well, nothing yet but I'll have jtr t8-lp's in a couple weeks. I'm just using my tv speakers until then.
post #658 of 1569 Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConMan127 View Post

I have a brand new VSX-53. I'm having a strange problem that in order to output any sound to my speakers, I need to:
1. Turn it on
2. Wait minute and turn it off
3. Wait another minute and turn it back on
Then it will output sound. I don't hit any other buttons and I have to do this every time I want to listen to music/movies.

Is my receiver broken or is there a way to fix this? Otherwise, I'm returning it immediately as this is really annoying me.

Thanks in advance!

Im going to assume the source is a cable or satellite box? Is that device on before you turn your Pio on? Mine sometimes takes 4-10 secs to get signal before it finally syncs (see my post a few posts up).
post #659 of 1569 Old 01-30-2012, 05:31 PM

No, this is for every kind of audio from iPod, video, tv, hdmi, etc. Say for example I leave it on the iPod setting with the iPod plugged in. I turn on the receiver, then the iPod automatically turns on and starts playing but no sound comes out of the speakers. Then the only button I press is the power button, wait a few seconds, press power again, then the iPod starts playing again but sound comes out this time. This happens every time I turn it on. I think I may just return it.
post #660 of 1569 Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM

I have a really odd audio issue and I was wondering if anyone has seen this. When I play some bluray encodes from ATV2 in Dolby Digital I experience intermittent audio loss. Its alway in the same spot in the movies even after multiple encodes (Handbrake ATV2) and its more than one movie.

The only thing that cures it is turning off DolbyDigital on the ATV2. I've tried a tosslink for grins.

Any ideas? I just got the receiver so obviously this is a major bummer
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page