Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 1571 Old 04-01-2012, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

Nope... it's just an internal Y-splitter.

Hmm bummer. Now to figure out how to set up two subs for low and mid bass...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 1571 Old 04-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi mywhitenoise,

Quote:

I noticed this started after I bought a new power conditioner (Panamax M5100-PM). I turn off the Panamax when my electronics are not in use, and the receiver is NOT plugged into the "always on" outlet. Could this be the problem?

That's a Big 10-4 Good Buddy!
When you turn OFF the Pioneer it is not really completely OFF but in a "Standby" state with power still being supplied to your Pioneer.

So, When you turn off your Panamax and your Pioneer is not plugged into "Outlet Bank # 1" (always ON) it is essentially unplugging your Pioneer and it is no longer in a Standby Status.
Go to Page 25 in the OP Manual and it tells you that each time the Pioneer is plugged in (turning ON your Panamax) the Pioneer will go through a 2 to 10 second HDMI Initialization process
and you cannot carry out any operations during this process!
You are your own "Worst Enemy" and making your Pioneer constantly go through this process over and over again!
Your Pioneer should be plugged into "Outlet Bank 1" "Always ON" on the back of your Panamax!
Your Panamax will keep your Pioneer Safe & Happy!

Once your Pioneer is constantly powered up and in it's necessary "Stand By" State, ALL will be Fine!

Enjoy,
Bud B
post #873 of 1571 Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 AM

Liked: 10
Have now 7 weeks. Just started the other day shutting off while playing Xbox , DVD etc ( iPod, iPhone, iPad ) light starts blinking. Looked in troubleshooting , ( check loose speaker wire , all is fine there. Then it says may have a serious problem ??? Keeps on occurring. Any help please !!! Ty
post #874 of 1571 Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 AM

Ok, I'm a newbie, so excuse my avs english and questions as they may appear weak. I'm wanting to set up my airplay, so my kids can enjoy there ipod, itouch, and ipad play music. I don't have any router, but I do have a verizon samsung 4g lte mobile hotspot in the house. How do I set up airplay to work ? I assume there is some configuration I need to do in the receiver so it has the required pwd, etc to get on my house wifi. Thanks for any help.
post #875 of 1571 Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 AM

I am looking at buying an open box vsx-52 at a deep discount--nothing wrong with it. I like a good deal and was staring at a Denon 3312ci for X or the vsx-52 for $30 less. I am more familiar with Denon as I have a 3808ci but I admittedly like the amber characters and the look of the Pio over the ho-hum smallish display of the Denon. I bought the Denon because it is smaller but when I put in my cabinet I realized that it was running warmer than i would like and will need to move it to a bigger slot in the cabinent, thusly, now I have room for the Pioneer. Bottom line--the 3312ci is a notch or so above the 52, but I doubt I'll ever need that notch. Am I crazy for going with the 52 for practically the same amount of $$? Thx!
post #876 of 1571 Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boplot View Post

Ok, I'm a newbie, so excuse my avs english and questions as they may appear weak. I'm wanting to set up my airplay, so my kids can enjoy there ipod, itouch, and ipad play music. I don't have any router, but I do have a verizon samsung 4g lte mobile hotspot in the house. How do I set up airplay to work ? I assume there is some configuration I need to do in the receiver so it has the required pwd, etc to get on my house wifi. Thanks for any help.

boplot, I have never used a hotspot before, but I am pretty sure that it will not allow your iphone/ipods/ipads to connect via airplay in the way you would expect. If i understand the hotspot technology correctly, it doesn't act as switch/hub (enables the different devices to talk w/ each other) between the devices connected to it. This is the core requirement for airplay to work.

I believe the solution to your problem can be solved with a CradlePoint MBR900 Cellular Router : http://www.cradlepoint.com/products/...ellular-router

This device would sit between the Verizon hotspot and your ipads/pods/phones/computers/etc. Your devices would connect to the MBR900 and enable them to communicate with each other. When the internet is needed by your devices, the MBR900 would access the hotspot for internet access.

Assuming my understanding of the MBR900 is accurate, it would enable the functionality you seek. At $150, this seems pretty reasonable.

Networking trial and error can be pretty expensive. Make sure you have all the facts before you pull the trigger.

I use airplay all the time and the investment of $150 is well worth it.
post #877 of 1571 Old 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM

Got my VSX-52 last week and loving it! Quick question. You don't have to subscribe to vTuner, right? I ask because the manual uses the words "vTuner is a paid online database service".

Haven't had a chance to try it yet because I'm one of those people whose router is unfortunately upstairs. I'll likely buy a cheap router for downstairs and use DD-WRT. In the meantime, been hooking up my iPod to access my favorite Internet radio station.

Thanks in advance!

Joseph
post #878 of 1571 Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 AM

Thanks a lot for your help. I guess someday they'll build in wifi abilities to the line, but for now I think the Apple express is all that I need now that I know it has to be wired.
post #879 of 1571 Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Ok, another newbie question. The BB guys talked me in to bi-amping my towers which I'm always open to better sound quality. The instructions guided me into plugging the low side into the surroundbacks as well as the high into L/R's. I'm wanting to set up a zone 2, which is a pair of cabled SP that are outside wired on my covered deck. Reading further into the manaul it says my zone 2 speakers need to plug into the surroundbacks. Am I screwed in setting up a zone 2, if I want to keep my bi-amping on my BW CM9's ? Do I have another place to set up zone 2 at? Thanks for any suggestions.
post #880 of 1571 Old 04-07-2012, 10:33 PM

Is the VSX-53TX better in any way than the VSX-80TX? They appear to be the same aside from HDMI on the 80.
post #881 of 1571 Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boplot View Post

Ok, another newbie question. The BB guys talked me in to bi-amping my towers which I'm always open to better sound quality. The instructions guided me into plugging the low side into the surroundbacks as well as the high into L/R's. I'm wanting to set up a zone 2, which is a pair of cabled SP that are outside wired on my covered deck. Reading further into the manaul it says my zone 2 speakers need to plug into the surroundbacks. Am I screwed in setting up a zone 2, if I want to keep my bi-amping on my BW CM9's ? Do I have another place to set up zone 2 at? Thanks for any suggestions.

I have the same question. Bump!
post #882 of 1571 Old 04-10-2012, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

lose the bi-amping... it is of no benefit...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #883 of 1571 Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud B View Post

Hi mywhitenoise,

That's a Big 10-4 Good Buddy!
When you turn OFF the Pioneer it is not really completely OFF but in a "Standby" state with power still being supplied to your Pioneer.

So, When you turn off your Panamax and your Pioneer is not plugged into "Outlet Bank # 1" (always ON) it is essentially unplugging your Pioneer and it is no longer in a Standby Status.
Go to Page 25 in the OP Manual and it tells you that each time the Pioneer is plugged in (turning ON your Panamax) the Pioneer will go through a 2 to 10 second HDMI Initialization process
and you cannot carry out any operations during this process!
You are your own "Worst Enemy" and making your Pioneer constantly go through this process over and over again!
Your Pioneer should be plugged into "Outlet Bank 1" "Always ON" on the back of your Panamax!
Your Panamax will keep your Pioneer Safe & Happy!

Once your Pioneer is constantly powered up and in it's necessary "Stand By" State, ALL will be Fine!

Enjoy,
Bud B

Thanks buddy! I'll be sure to do that tonight.
post #884 of 1571 Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 PM

I certainly don't recall updating the firmware on my VSX-52 but I seem to sometimes have a volume overlay. Its in absolute numbers so 0 means off which does not match the stereo display but no big deal. Also though, it flashes off each time it increments. Annoying.

Still, where did this come from and when?
LL

Signature.
post #885 of 1571 Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 PM

Hello, i am badly in need of help, and ANY help is greatly appreciated. I recently switched from Bose 5.1 Lifestyle System with two zone set up basic set up with 2 speakers in our patio and Upgraded to Pioneer VSX51. I loved the features and it works perfect EXCEPT in my zone 2, I want 4 speakers instead of 2 AND I want to be able to control the volume in zone 2 with the VXS-51, obviously because of the Ipad/Iphone app that Pioneer has and airplay, etc. Being able to be in the back yard and control the volume or source is amazing.

Here is the problem. I got some input from our local AV shop who said buy an amp and a speaker selector, simply use Zone 2 RCA's out to Amp and speaker selector to split to 4 speakers.

I purchased the Onkyo 282 amp and the Niles 4 speaker selector with volume control. Hooked it all up and I cannot control the sound from the VSX-51? I am thinking I have to be missing something??????

I am so bummed I spent all this money and I cant even get what I need. I am contemplating resorting to some cheap AV receiver for my outside speakers as long as it has an app or WiFi capability.

Please help, anyone.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Daina
post #886 of 1571 Old 04-12-2012, 02:25 PM

I suspect the overlay is some type of HDMI feature. I only get it if I turn the VSX on after the TV. Or better, if I power cycle the VSX after everything else is up and running.

Signature.
post #887 of 1571 Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 PM

HDMI control needs to be ON and synced between TV and AVR for the overlay to come on the TV. Once done you can control the volume of the AVR either from the TV or AVR remote.
post #888 of 1571 Old 04-14-2012, 01:09 PM

What is the ideal sound setting to listen to music to when the source is Apple TV? I have iTunes match so my whole personal library is available to stream. Does the receiver have a setting to automatically recognize the best setting for the source?
post #889 of 1571 Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 PM

Any help appreciated. Upgraded from a pioneer elite 94thx to the vsx-53. Feeding a JVC rs-1 through HDMI.

Got everything hooked up correctly through HDMI. Sony BR, 2 directive receivers an xbox 360 and a PS3. The problem is if I set the output from the xbox or the PS3 to 1080p then the picture flickers and doesn't seem to capture. It does this whether I have the video conversion on or off. If I change the output from the 360 or the PS3 to 1080i, image is fine without flickering. Seems like the vsx-53 won't accept the 1080p signal from the consoles. I am sure this is a simple fix, but I am stumped.

Didn't do this on the elite 94 receiver.

THANKS
post #890 of 1571 Old 04-14-2012, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just got the 53 today. Don't know how to use it. No iOS appcus no network.
What do I need to get it wifi LAN? I need to go to best buy since I need it ASAP. Can't have Ethernet where avr is.

I need to read the manual of ourselves. HOw do I get it to auto audio? It should be Dolby digital or that and pro logic 2 for everything else when watching t.

How do I get vol on tv when I change volume?

Thanks.
post #891 of 1571 Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 AM

Having an issue.. Sometimes. When I put receiver on I get a loud audible "Pop pop" out of the speakers and I have to keep turning the receiver off and back on anywhere from 1to 4 times to start getting sound out of the receiver.. Anyone have idea what this is? Also, it does this with all input sources
post #892 of 1571 Old 04-15-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzal1122 View Post

Having an issue.. Sometimes. When I put receiver on I get a loud audible "Pop pop" out of the speakers and I have to keep turning the receiver off and back on anywhere from 1to 4 times to start getting sound out of the receiver.. Anyone have idea what this is? Also, it does this with all input sources

This seems to be a common problem a lot of people are reporting - between the regular pioneer line and the elite line. No one has been able to figure out why, let alone how to remedy it. Some people have been having more issues than others. If it's persistent, return it for another unit if you can.

I've had mine since xmas and the "pop" has happened to my 1121 twice so far.

Sorry. Wish I had better news.
post #893 of 1571 Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM

Ok. Ill thanks for the info.. On another note is everyone still experiencing non responsive remote control commands when in HMG mode? I can only. Move the cursor with the buttons on the receiver itself. I know this was reported before but not sure if it was corrected for anyone.. I really wish this thread could be merged somehow with the 1121 thread
post #894 of 1571 Old 04-15-2012, 11:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well since no one responded to me and the vsx53 non existent GUI sucks ass I'm taking it back and looking at integra maybe. Man pioneer is stuck in the dark ages. Bozos they are.
post #895 of 1571 Old 04-16-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzal1122 View Post

Ok. Ill thanks for the info.. On another note is everyone still experiencing non responsive remote control commands when in HMG mode? I can only. Move the cursor with the buttons on the receiver itself. I know this was reported before but not sure if it was corrected for anyone.. I really wish this thread could be merged somehow with the 1121 thread

In HMG only few buttons related to HMG work on the remote. To get out of the HMG mode and other buttons to work press Receiver buttons on the remote.
post #896 of 1571 Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 AM

What speaker setting should I have my speakers on? I have Paradigm Monitor 9s set to Large, the Center 1 to large, and the Atom monitors for surrounds set to small. Is this correct?
post #897 of 1571 Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM

Hi all, Im new to this forum so Im not sure if my issue has been addressed yet. I have a Elite VSX 51 hooked up in between the Comcast cable box and a VT30 TV. Occasionally, the picture will go to black for a sec or two, but there is still sound. So I tested all my HDMI cables by running straight from the box to the TV. No problems. No loss of picture. So now I have it all hooked up together but I am using the receiver only as a pass-through. Sound through the TV. And it still looses the picture and also the sound once in a while. this seems like a problem with the receiver. Anyone else have this problem or have any idea what it could be? Thanks
post #898 of 1571 Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daq32 View Post

What speaker setting should I have my speakers on? I have Paradigm Monitor 9s set to Large, the Center 1 to large, and the Atom monitors for surrounds set to small. Is this correct?

If you want Thx style surrounding they need to be all set to small regardless how big they are
post #899 of 1571 Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 AM

What about when I listen to music? Ive got to change the settings for that?
post #900 of 1571 Old 04-17-2012, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daq32 View Post

What about when I listen to music? Ive got to change the settings for that?

There are separate THX settings for music depending on what you want. As there should be.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page