Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #3991 of 4004 Old 07-01-2014, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
UE22 Error in Pioneer Receivers

I have heard this error code happening with some SC-55/57 and other Pioneer receivers.

To quote David Susilo who frequently visits and comments here on AVS:

"The unit needs to go for repair. UE22 error also means that the chip which stores the firmware data is kaput".

I wonder how frequently this happens. If it happens to a Pioneer receiver that has no warranty left, how much would it cost to fix it? Perhaps it was a problem only in 2011 model year Pioneer receivers. Any thoughts on this issue?

Thanks

Edit: Did some research on this issue and some claim that to get rid of this code you have to do a factory reset and that should solve the problem. Can someone verify this?

Last edited by Edllguy; 07-01-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Added content
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3992 of 4004 Old 07-02-2014, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris1 View Post
I lost my audo and video tonight. I tried unplugging all the hdmi connections and power cycling without success. No hdmi video. No hdmi audio or digital audio. It did show it was receiving digital audio (main speakers illuminated on the display). Tuner has no audio but I have also never tried it. I am going to leave it unplugged tonight and hope for the best tomorrow. Any suggestions? Thanks.

What is going on here? I just had this happen to my just-over 2 year old SC-57. It's like the HDMI switching unit is gone. First I thought my DTV box died, but then realized no other HDMI sources were working either. Tuner was still working, but after a few power cycles, that isn't working now either. I tried fiddling with switching the HDMI OUT, but the unit just flashes "please wait" until I cut the power. Fantastic if it waited until just after the warranty ran out to take a dump... :/
post #3993 of 4004 Old 07-03-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw747 View Post
What is going on here? I just had this happen to my just-over 2 year old SC-57. It's like the HDMI switching unit is gone. First I thought my DTV box died, but then realized no other HDMI sources were working either. Tuner was still working, but after a few power cycles, that isn't working now either. I tried fiddling with switching the HDMI OUT, but the unit just flashes "please wait" until I cut the power. Fantastic if it waited until just after the warranty ran out to take a dump... :/
So 3 weeks after my unit failed, I got it back repaired from Squaretrade (6 phone calls and many headaches later). They replace the HDMI PCB according to the invoice. Hooked it up and all appeared good. About 10 minutes into the setup I lost audio and video again. They fixed what broke but obviously missed the root cause. I called them for a rework and they are really dragging their feet this time. UPS ground to send me the shipping label. Anyway, I don't know what failed yet. I bought a new receiver and it works fine so I know it is not my setup. I couldn't wait another 3+ weeks with no TV.
post #3994 of 4004 Old 07-03-2014, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi all

Plan on reading the thread in detail tomorrow, but in the meantime, as someone who has come from Audyssey and setting my LX57 up with a B and W series, can you give any tips as to setting up MCACC?

Many thanks,

James
post #3995 of 4004 Old 07-03-2014, 05:44 PM

Well now. Since I couldn't go the weekend without entertainment (this thing powers my whole house), a brand new SC-77 is sitting in it's box out in my car. Before hauling it into the house, I decided to give the SC-57 a final kick-start. Lo and behold, it started working again.

The new unit will be standing by thru the weekend, but I guess I will be returning the SC-77 next week if I am still in business. Glad I didn't unpack it!
post #3996 of 4004 Old 07-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi all,

My LX57 sounds great for movies but for gaming the same sound modes sound flatter and not as rich/full. Does anyone have any suggestions?

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3997 of 4004 Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question Which HDMI to use for laptop

I searched this thread for the answer but found nothing so I am asking which HDMI port to use to hookup my MSI laptop. I also searched Google and read many articles but none gave an answer as which port to use.The manual is unclear on that subject.It is a SC 57.
Thanks,
post #3998 of 4004 Old 07-29-2014, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Need some help...SC-57 owner. I am using an OPPO 105d and using the 5.1 analogue multi channels to the Pioneer. Haven't found that sweet spot yet for loving the LFE. Is the Pioneer doing any bass management if I am using the Oppo to decode via the analogue outs?

Currently have tried the settings in the Oppo to speakers -Small and 80hz and the same settings in the SC-57 too.

Been chatting with Ed Mullen from SVS Subwoofers about this issue and he's asking if the Pioneer can actually conduct bass management when using a BD players analogues...
post #3999 of 4004 Old 07-30-2014, 02:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 285
^^
Tim
the answer is no. no bass management in the receiver if using multichannel analog inputs. the reason is simple - no analog-to-digital (ADC) converters on those inputs. all bass mgmt takes place in digital domain so if there's no ADC's, there can be no bass mgmt. there is an ADC on the stereo inputs so they can have bass mgmt. as long as not in Pure Direct mode.

Pioneer as well as other AVR mfgs used to put ADC's on the multichannel analogs but not anymore. IIRC, Pioneer removed them starting with the SC-37 generation. All the AVR companies did this about the same time, probably for cost reasons but also because of the decreasing use of the inputs with HDMI.

You'll need to use the Oppo for bass management if you are using the analogs.

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; 07-30-2014 at 02:58 AM.
post #4000 of 4004 Old 07-31-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
^^
Tim
the answer is no. no bass management in the receiver if using multichannel analog inputs. the reason is simple - no analog-to-digital (ADC) converters on those inputs. all bass mgmt takes place in digital domain so if there's no ADC's, there can be no bass mgmt. there is an ADC on the stereo inputs so they can have bass mgmt. as long as not in Pure Direct mode.

Pioneer as well as other AVR mfgs used to put ADC's on the multichannel analogs but not anymore. IIRC, Pioneer removed them starting with the SC-37 generation. All the AVR companies did this about the same time, probably for cost reasons but also because of the decreasing use of the inputs with HDMI.

You'll need to use the Oppo for bass management if you are using the analogs.
Ok thanks a bunch! I called Oppo this morning. They said to test if the Pioneer is doing any conversion (which may not be the same thing as bass management) is to put a 2 channel CD in. If audio only comes thru the Left & Right front speakers...then l the Pioneer is not doing anything. If the 2 channel CD plays through all channels then it is. I use the 5.1 analogue connections.

Does that sound right? I also have the Oppo stereo RCA's connected as well to the CD input of the SC-57 but that would be a separate input.
post #4001 of 4004 Old 08-15-2014, 08:25 AM

Hi all-

I'm having trouble getting my BluRay (LG BP620C) to output 5.1 channel audio to the SC-57. It comes up as "stereo" when using the Auto Surround, Direct, Pure Direct, or Optimum settings, even on movies that have 5.1 channel tracks (Heat, Once Upon a Time in the West).

Is there a connection reset of some sort I should try?

The Blu-Ray is set to output audio as follows:

Digital Output: PCM Multi Channel
Sampling Freq: 192KHz
DRC: Auto
DTS Neo:6: Cinema

It's connected to the BD input on the SC-57.

Any insight much appreciated.
post #4002 of 4004 Old 08-15-2014, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamoby View Post
Hi all-

I'm having trouble getting my BluRay (LG BP620C) to output 5.1 channel audio to the SC-57. It comes up as "stereo" when using the Auto Surround, Direct, Pure Direct, or Optimum settings, even on movies that have 5.1 channel tracks (Heat, Once Upon a Time in the West).

How are you connected? HDMI cable, Optical, Coax, analog RCA? If it's HDMI, try changing the cable. You can also try another HDMI input (it doesn't have to be plugged into BD - they're all the same), but you might have to configure that input on the Pioneer.
post #4003 of 4004 Old 08-15-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamoby View Post

Hi ninjamoby, assuming you are using HDMI connection ... for the receiver to do the decoding set Digital Output to "Bitstream".
post #4004 of 4004 Old 08-16-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi ninjamoby, assuming you are using HDMI connection ... for the receiver to do the decoding set Digital Output to "Bitstream".
Thanks. This did the trick!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 57 Sc57 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 55 Sc55 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page