post #4021 of 4021 Old Today, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyd View Post
Well it appears that pioneer is upping their game and is supporting the sc55/57 with the latest icontrolav5 app for iOS

The biggest change is that you now have access to the keypad and can change the setup without the remote or having to see the screen of the receiver

I had sworn off pioneer but this is encouraging

I even bought a pio car receiver

Well done pioneer

Well gee.... FINALLY they get with the program. Proves the point I make a long time ago... backwards compatibility shouldn't have been that difficult to implement with the iControl software. Either the were being lazy or purposely avoided making it play with previous year models.

Fine and dandy BUT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
UE22 Error in Pioneer Receivers

I have heard this error code happening with some SC-55/57 and other Pioneer receivers.

To quote David Susilo who frequently visits and comments here on AVS:

"The unit needs to go for repair. UE22 error also means that the chip which stores the firmware data is kaput".

I wonder how frequently this happens. If it happens to a Pioneer receiver that has no warranty left, how much would it cost to fix it? Perhaps it was a problem only in 2011 model year Pioneer receivers. Any thoughts on this issue?

Thanks

Edit: Did some research on this issue and some claim that to get rid of this code you have to do a factory reset and that should solve the problem. Can someone verify this?

After the issue I reported in this thread back in July, it was working fine up until I got home yesterday. Fired it up only to find it blinking with this dreaded UE22 error. And no... a factory reset would not resolve it. After a hard power cycle, it no longer displayed the error, but even though HDMI video was working, all audio from the receiver was dead. Not even from the tuner.

I guess I am a glutton for punishment, as I just replaced it with an SC-87. At least getting a few more months out of it I get the added features of the next generation past the SC-77 I would have been stuck with previously.

What are you gonna do, when everything seems to progress/regress into throw-away tech?!? :/.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 57 Sc57 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 55 Sc55 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page