The "Official" Pioneer Elite SC-55/SC-57 Owners Thread - Page 136 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #4051 of 4071 Old 07-14-2015, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Well, my SC67 just succumbed to this error. 3 months out of warranty, of course. Good bye, Pioneer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 4071 Old 07-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalline View Post
Well, my SC67 just succumbed to this error. 3 months out of warranty, of course. Good bye, Pioneer.
Hi everyone,

I just started a UE22 Error official/master thread found here:

UE22 Error Master Thread-Pioneer, are you listening?

If you could post in that thread all those that have been affected by UE22 Error then we can track how major of an issue this is and get Onkyo/Pioneer to eventually acknowledge the problem that is affecting many Pioneer receiver owners.

Thanks everyone.
Goalline likes this.

Last edited by Edllguy; 08-08-2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added Onkyo/Pioneer as we are dealing with new management.
post #4053 of 4071 Old 10-16-2015, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
Hi everyone,

I just started a UE22 Error official/master thread found here:

UE22 Error Master Thread-Pioneer, are you listening?

If you could post in that thread all those that have been affected by UE22 Error then we can track how major of an issue this is and get Onkyo/Pioneer to eventually acknowledge the problem that is affecting many Pioneer receiver owners.

Thanks everyone.
Well my SC-57 is back from death # 2! Neither problem was the UE22. Given Pioneer's at best clunky approach to Wi-Fi (a least o the SC-57), I'd personally never trust a user-managed firmware update on their AVRs. Just compare them to Oppo when it comes to firmware updates - Pioneer should be ashamed!

Anyway - bought it new in late 2011. Died first in 2012 (full shut down with flashing advMCACC) and needed a firmware reinstall by repair tech. Died again last month (full shut down with flashing advMCACC) - had to replace main assy board. Luckily I've got a good relationship with my dealer, so I got a great deal on the repair (I don't think I covered the full cost of the board, let alone the labour cost). At full cost for the repair I probably would have just replaced it.

So that's two resurrections for this unit. I pray I don't require a third!

Cheers,
JD
post #4054 of 4071 Old 11-15-2015, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else suddenly have issues connecting to Sirius Online via HMG? Been using it off and on over the years and has always works great. This weekend, it just displays "server error" after about half a second of connecting. Pandora and AirPlay still work flawlessly, as does the iControlAV so I assume it is a Sirius issue and not a networking issue. I did recently upgrade my router, so not sure if that is causing it. Just find it odd that everything else works.
post #4055 of 4071 Old 11-16-2015, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello all !!
A little help, please.

I would like to connect a second tv in another room via hdmi (audio and video). Can i connect it without use the HD Zone ?
If so, how ?

[My small home-theater] Tv: Samsung Lcd 46" LE46B650, Source: Blu-ray Fanless HTPC, Sat HD 5.1 decoder
A/V: Pioneer SC-LX57, Frontal speaker: Klipsch RF62 MK II, Surround speaker: Klipsch RB51 MK II, Headphone: Sennheiser HD595
post #4056 of 4071 Old 12-04-2015, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SC-57 HDMI Inputs Malfunctioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
Well news came quick, but bad. The main hdmi board, there might have been another name (main digital video board), needs replaced. $410 bucks for part, they wouldn't charge labor.

Not sure it makes sense to spend that much vs buying something new
My SC-57 (purchased in 2011) suddenly exhibited some strange behavior and now HDMI inputs 1-3 are unavailable and inoperable. I'm hoping someone out there has an idea about what might be happening. I'm hoping its not the same situation Gamecock experienced.

The first symptom was that suddenly no HDMI sources would play. We have a very simple setup with a Comcast box, PS4, Blue-ray player, Apple TV and Xbox connected to the receiver via HDMI with the receiver outputting via HDMI to a Kuro 151FD 60".

After a bit of research online, I read about a solution involving unplugging all the HDMI cables and the power cable, and then power cycling the receiver. Well, that worked partially. Now, sources plugged in HDMI inputs 5,6 and 7 work. Nothing from 1,2, 3 and 4. I tried going into the receiver's on screen set up function to make sure those HDMI inputs were properly assigned, but all of them are grayed out and can't be assigned to any source.

At this point, we can only connect to two HDMI inputs. Any ideas? Is this another instance of a main HDMI board going bad (or partially bad)?

Any help appreciated.
post #4057 of 4071 Old 01-05-2016, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Issue with using both hdmi outputs

I have a SC-55 as the heart of my system. I'm very happy with it after finally getting it hooked up after 2 years sitting in the closet while our basement was being renovated.

Everything works well, sounds great, and is easy to use. However I have one little quirk to work through. I don't know if it's a hdmi issue, or if it is in the receiver.

I am using both hdmi outputs. Output one goes to my Sony HW30 projector, and outruth 2 goes to my Sharp 60". If I'm using just the tv, everything is fine. Any source goes to the TV without issue. The problem is if I want to use the projector. Turning on any source component, receiver, and then the projector gives me no video or audio. The SC-55 won't even recognize the incoming signal. The blue HDMI light just blinks and no surround icons are displayed.

Here's where it doesn't make sense to me. If I now power up the tv, the receiver locks on, and I now have video from the projector and sound like I should.

Every component and display is hooked up via hdmi, all input and output resolutions are set at 1080p, and every "control" feature is disabled. No second or 3rd zone is used.

I'm not sure where the issue originates, so I'm asking for help. Any ideas or similar situations from owners?

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by jnsluft; 01-06-2016 at 08:18 PM. Reason: I needed to make it more discriptive
post #4058 of 4071 Old 01-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have a question for anyone who has the sc-57:
When using either Apple TV (3) or Roku 3: Netflix or any other streaming media, I only get 2 channel stereo and not DD. My understanding is that Netflix transmits in DD+ and the Sc-57 is upposed to have DD+. So I am at a loss as to why I can't get 5.1 to work. I do get regular DD when watching a Bluray or watching tv on my cable box. My thinking is that perhaps the 57 actaully does not have DD+. Any expert advice or comment would be apprceciated.
post #4059 of 4071 Old 01-06-2016, 02:38 PM

When using either Apple TV (3) or Roku 3: Netflix or any other streaming media, I only get 2 channel stereo and not DD. My understanding is that Netflix transmits in DD+ and the Sc-57 is upposed to have DD+. So I am at a loss as to why I can't get 5.1 to work. I do get regular DD when watching a Bluray or watching tv on my cable box. My thinking is that perhaps the 57 actaully does not have DD+. Any expert advice or comment would be apprceciated.
post #4060 of 4071 Old 01-06-2016, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit84 View Post
When using either Apple TV (3) or Roku 3: Netflix or any other streaming media, I only get 2 channel stereo and not DD. My understanding is that Netflix transmits in DD+ and the Sc-57 is upposed to have DD+.
Check the settings on your devices, and make sure everything is up-to-date. I was able to stream DD+ from a variety of source to my -57, worked just fine. Also, make sure the -57 is set to "auto surround" on those inputs.
post #4061 of 4071 Old 01-06-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottj View Post
Check the settings on your devices, and make sure everything is up-to-date. I was able to stream DD+ from a variety of source to my -57, worked just fine. Also, make sure the -57 is set to "auto surround" on those inputs.
No luck. whatever I try it ends up with the same result: 2.0 stereo.
Prime example: I used the Netflix app on my Bluray player - same thing: 2.0.
As soon as I play an actual disc: 5.1.
I dont get it.
Any thoughts?
The only thing that I can figure is that the sc-57 cannot decode DD+.
post #4062 of 4071 Old 01-06-2016, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit84 View Post
No luck. whatever I try it ends up with the same result: 2.0 stereo.
Prime example: I used the Netflix app on my Bluray player - same thing: 2.0.
As soon as I play an actual disc: 5.1.
I dont get it.
Any thoughts?
The only thing that I can figure is that the sc-57 cannot decode DD+.
Nope, it explicitly supports DD+, check your manual. I had to get a new bluray player before I got mine to do it... Samsung doesn't upgrade their devices. But that was ages ago.

All I can say is a) the receiver supports it and b) make sure your devices are sending un-decoded streams to your receiver.

If I were a betting man, I'd say you've accidentally locked it into stereo. Grab the remote and start cycling through the surround modes, see what happens.
post #4063 of 4071 Old 01-06-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottj View Post
Nope, it explicitly supports DD+, check your manual. I had to get a new bluray player before I got mine to do it... Samsung doesn't upgrade their devices. But that was ages ago.

All I can say is a) the receiver supports it and b) make sure your devices are sending un-decoded streams to your receiver.

If I were a betting man, I'd say you've accidentally locked it into stereo. Grab the remote and start cycling through the surround modes, see what happens.
Tried everything - just wont work. Very frustrating indeed!
post #4064 of 4071 Old 02-14-2016, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
SC-55 Issue

My SC-55 has worked flawlessly for over 4 years now but this morning it has some real problems. I currently have a Directv DVR (HR-24), Oppo 93, a Samsung HDDVD player, Roku and a turntable hooked up. Everything except the analog turntable is hooked up using HDMI. Right now I get sound but no video from the Oppo, HDDVD and Roku. The turntable sound also works. There is no sound or video from the Directv. I bypassed the SC-55 connecting the Directv box directly to the TV and got both video and sound so I am pretty certain it is the SC-55 that is the problem. No error messages show up on the front display and I have tried rebooting with no improvement.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have pretty much exhausted my limited inventory of ideas so would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mark
post #4065 of 4071 Old 02-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwilbur View Post
My SC-55 has worked flawlessly for over 4 years now but this morning it has some real problems. I currently have a Directv DVR (HR-24), Oppo 93, a Samsung HDDVD player, Roku and a turntable hooked up. Everything except the analog turntable is hooked up using HDMI. Right now I get sound but no video from the Oppo, HDDVD and Roku. The turntable sound also works. There is no sound or video from the Directv. I bypassed the SC-55 connecting the Directv box directly to the TV and got both video and sound so I am pretty certain it is the SC-55 that is the problem. No error messages show up on the front display and I have tried rebooting with no improvement.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have pretty much exhausted my limited inventory of ideas so would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mark
Hi Mark,

Sorry to say this but it sounds like the common UE-22 Error failure has happened with your SC-55. This model year Pioneer receiver has a well documented defective chip set (from Texas Instruments or TI) that is failing with many owners. Just follow the UE-22 Error master thread-Pioneer are you listening... and you will see the many complaints.

If you still have warranty left...I would get your receiver serviced ASAP.

All the best.

Last edited by Edllguy; 03-29-2016 at 01:39 PM.
post #4066 of 4071 Old 05-23-2016, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderance View Post
Anyone else suddenly have issues connecting to Sirius Online via HMG? Been using it off and on over the years and has always works great. This weekend, it just displays "server error" after about half a second of connecting. Pandora and AirPlay still work flawlessly, as does the iControlAV so I assume it is a Sirius issue and not a networking issue. I did recently upgrade my router, so not sure if that is causing it. Just find it odd that everything else works.
i'm having the same issue. Can't connect anymore to Sirius account on HMG. Getting server error message. All other HMG sites are working; just not Sirius. Any solution to this issue?
post #4067 of 4071 Old 05-23-2016, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presplan View Post
i'm having the same issue. Can't connect anymore to Sirius account on HMG. Getting server error message. All other HMG sites are working; just not Sirius. Any solution to this issue?
I never did find a solution - I just moved on and use the app and airplay to the receiver. I wrote to Pioneer/Sirius and received no response. I never bothered to call, since I figure it won't get me anywhere.

We actually use the integrated satellite tuner most of the time.
post #4068 of 4071 Old 06-16-2016, 06:13 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderance View Post
I never did find a solution - I just moved on and use the app and airplay to the receiver. I wrote to Pioneer/Sirius and received no response. I never bothered to call, since I figure it won't get me anywhere.

We actually use the integrated satellite tuner most of the time.
I'm having a similar issue with H.M.G in general. I no longer can connect to iTunes without having to unplug the SC-55, wait about a minute, then plug it back in. Then my iTunes finds the server by friendly name and I can stream. One thing I noticed is that each time I unplug and plug in the SC-55 and start up H.M.G., the server number increases by one. I am not on HMG server 6. It's the little icon on the top of the main HMG screen above "internet radio". Very frustrating.
Any ideas to fix?
noshank likes this.
post #4069 of 4071 Old 06-16-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:

Thanks,

Mark
Have you tried a factory reset? Also, a remote possibility might be that the output resolution of the Direct-tv got changed to something that is not displayable on the A/V receiver. Unlikely but I'd try anything before replacing the board.
post #4070 of 4071 Old 06-16-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks,

Mark
I CAN'T F'IN BELIEVE IT!! Less than two hours of reading this post, my SC-55 did the exact same thing. I kid you not. My DirectTV DVR will not output to my TV through the SC-55. If I plug it in directly it works fine. Nothing from the A/V receiver. This sucks!
post #4071 of 4071 Old 06-16-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Thanks,

Mark
I FIGURED IT OUT!! Some how my HDMI assignment got changed (maybe a power hit, gremlins, me mucking around, who knows). I had the DirecTV assigned to TV/SAT on HDMI 1. The default for this output (TV/SAT) is unassigned. After I put it to HDMI 1 as originally configured, it worked like a charm. Now if I could figure out my HMG and iTunes issues.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 57 Sc57 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 55 Sc55 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page