The "Official" Pioneer Elite SC-55/SC-57 Owners Thread - Page 137 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #4081 of 4081 Old 12-30-2016, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SC-57 virtually no sound

Hi fellow SC-57 owners.

I was recabling today to add a 4k video switch since our receiver will not switch 4k video. Started having sound issues. Tried HDMI input, digital (optical) etc. Nothing. Also no longer able to get the OSD to show on the TV when I plugged it back into HDMI1 out.

Went into menu using front panel and ran the speaker test. Volume increases to 0db on the display as usual but only the quietest of sound from the speakers. I can hear the test tones but barely.

I have a bad feeling about this. Anyone have a similar experience or can suggest some checks I can do? I was hoping it was something I did wrong but when the receiver can't even amplify generated tones - it sounds more ominous...

Thanks in advance.

Update: A factory reset got my volume levels back but I've now noticed a new problem.

I am running the speaker config in 5.1 with Front and Center BiAmp and standard Surrounds (no sub at the moment as it is out for repair).

The right front channel and surrounds seem to work fine.

The left front and center channels are not getting anything on the low frequency side. Hi frequency works fine. So all dialog sounds like a transistor radio and all bass comes from the right. This is apparent with channel test tones or content.

Again, any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Frank

Last edited by MillPhoto; 12-30-2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 57 Sc57 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 55 Sc55 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page