Cost to repair a single surround sound channel??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having a static issue in my Yamaha's (RX-V765) left surround sound back speaker. All troubleshooting points to faulty channel. Does anyone have any idea of how much it will be to repair this? My receiver is 7 weeks out of warranty.
Urlacher5454 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 16,476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 View Post

I'm having a static issue in my Yamaha's (RX-V765) left surround sound back speaker. All troubleshooting points to faulty channel. Does anyone have any idea of how much it will be to repair this? My receiver is 7 weeks out of warranty.

Swap the lt and rt surround speakers, does the problem move?

If not, then swap the speaker wires on the back of the AVR, does the problem move?

If not then it's the AVR. Probably not worth repairing considering you can get a v867 for very little.
rdgrimes is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Swap the lt and rt surround speakers, does the problem move?

If not, then swap the speaker wires on the back of the AVR, does the problem move?

If not then it's the AVR. Probably not worth repairing considering you can get a v867 for very little.

I swapped out the speaker wires on back of the receiver and yes the noise follows.
Urlacher5454 is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 16,476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 257
If you mean that the "noise" comes from a different speaker when you swap wires, then replace the wires and try again. If you still get the noise then it's the AVR.
rdgrimes is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

If you mean that the "noise" comes from a different speaker when you swap wires, then replace the wires and try again. If you still get the noise then it's the AVR.

I'll try that, thanks! You've helped me out in the past.
Urlacher5454 is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off