Official NAD T 757 AV Upgradeable Surround Sound Receiver Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 253 Old 03-17-2013, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flozem View Post

Well.... I changed receivers today, and since my dealer stressed that the NAD distributor checked the device before sending it, I took it home.

The good stuff:

Nice they were able to fix those issues!

The bad stuff:
  • Still a high frequency noise upon startup.

Not so nice...

I have been checking the settings of all Sources as somehow not only the iPod in, but also Source 4 now removed the noise.
It appears that when you select any video-in for a source, it stops the high frequency noise when selected.

I verified this by setting Source 1 to no video, changing it to the various video-in settings and "rebooting" the t757 each time. When video-in is disabled for a source, and that source is active upon starting the receiver, there's a constant high frequency buzz through all speakers. When video-in is set up for the active source, you still hear the noise - but it is cut quickly after booting the receiver. Same as changing to a source that has a video-in.

Of all video-in options, HDMI didn't help to fix the issue - there's still that continuous buzz. This is concerning as I plan to use HDMI in the near future. I am still saving for a nice screen and blu-ray player. This led me to believe the noise has something to do with the CEC / ARC settings and the receiver trying to handshake with a device that isn't connected. So next thing I tried, is disabling all the special HDMI 1.4 stuff like CEC / ARC. No luck...

I tried changing my videoinputs in a similar manner as you describe above. Chose VIDEO Front input for CD-player (AUDIO 1), and Turntable (AUDIO 3). My findings are about the same:
- When turning on the 757, it starts with the high frequency noise, but it's cut within a second. If VIDEO is disabled, the noise only goes away by switching source (to one with VIDEO active).
- I also find that the "noisecutting" only works with non-HDMI VIDEO selected, for instance by selecting Component, S-Video, Front.
- If I start the receiver before I start the device connected by HDMI (in my case: ATSC tuner, bluray-player, PS3, WiiU) the noise is present. However, it goes away when I start the device.
- If I start the device (ATSC tuner for instance) before I start the 757, the "noisecutting" appears; short burst of noise that quickly goes away.
- I also tried switching CEC/ARC on/off in various ways, but it doesn't seem to affect the noise.

Tomorrow I will be buying an hdmi cable so I can connect my DELL u2410 monitor and confirm my theory that the t757 is searching for a device to output some kind of signal to. Shame that Dell only supplied me with a displayport cable, otherwise I might have had something conclusive today.

I use a Panasonic 46" plasma as monitor, through HDMI. Not prepared for ARC though, but responds to the CEC. No problems with the display and such, apart from the occasional "yellow screen" I described earlier. To me it seems as if the problem rather lies within the VIDEO-in department. In any case, it's kind of frustrating that this somewhat pricey receiver doesn't deliver as expected.

Regardless, I am contacting the dealer again tomorrow and will demand a repair or a refund. The NAD AV receivers may sound well, but the amount of issues I've had, make me wonder about the overall product quality. Right now, the receiver simply does not work as advertised (doesn't feel like music-first).

It's really too bad, as it's got a very nice soundquality. I wonder if the v1 (without ARC/CEC) have the same problems. I think I will pay a visit to my dealer, and have them power down their demo-equipment, just to check if the same noise is present when re-powering. I guess they power up "everything" in the store just before opening hours, so maybe they haven't really paid attention to the issue. But if their receiver sounds just fine, I guess I'm willing to have a go at another replacement (or repair).

NAD T777. NAD C546BEE. Harman Kardon TD4200. Thorens TD318 MkIII. NAD PP-2i. Dali IKON 6 Mk1. Dali IKON 1 Mk2. Dali IKON Vocal 2 Mk2. Dali IKON Sub Mk2. Samsung BD-P3600. Panasonic TX-P46G15e. Motorola 1910 ATSC-tuner. Wii. WiiU. PSTwo. PS3 Slim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 253 Old 03-25-2013, 09:35 AM

Liked: 10
Does the T757 have Standby HDMI Pass-Thru? Will it pass video when it not powered on? This would be a deal breaker if it didn't. I may have to go with a Marantz SR6007 if it doesn't.
post #93 of 253 Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1960 View Post

Does the T757 have Standby HDMI Pass-Thru?

No, sorry, it doesn't. Not that I personally miss it, but I haven't really given standby pass-thru that much thought. When do you figure it would be of importance?

NAD T777. NAD C546BEE. Harman Kardon TD4200. Thorens TD318 MkIII. NAD PP-2i. Dali IKON 6 Mk1. Dali IKON 1 Mk2. Dali IKON Vocal 2 Mk2. Dali IKON Sub Mk2. Samsung BD-P3600. Panasonic TX-P46G15e. Motorola 1910 ATSC-tuner. Wii. WiiU. PSTwo. PS3 Slim.
post #94 of 253 Old 03-28-2013, 03:59 AM

Quote:

Regardless, I am contacting the dealer again tomorrow and will demand a repair or a refund. The NAD AV receivers may sound well, but the amount of issues I've had, make me wonder about the overall product quality. Right now, the receiver simply does not work as advertised (doesn't feel like music-first).

I have contacted my dealer again. They are helping me dealing with the issue:
1. Forwarding my description of the problem to a senior technician in Denmark, to see if he can figure out what is causing the noise.
2. They want me to try out a device that stabilizes the frequency on analog connections. Seems as a longshot, but it's free of charge so I will try it out.
3. They figure that maybe there could be something wrong with the production batch, as the two receivers I've tried out have the same problem. I am free to change the present receiver for a new one, and then they'll make sure the new copy will be from another batch.

I will try out points 1 and 2 to start with, and hope I will not have to switch receiver again. How did you proceed with yours?

post #95 of 253 Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 PM

Liked: 13
Last week the NAD technichian was ill (do they only have one technician in the Netherlands?). But the NAD distributor had the gal to suggest I might have simply misconnected some cables... and by now I get the suspicion salesman in question does not really care to defend his customers. I restated that I can actually control when the noise stops, and thus that this is no user error.

Been to Paris for work this week, so I will not be able to call my dealer before next tuesday.

I hope the NAD technician is honest and can confirm my issue with these receivers. Otherwise I'll have the dealer''s own technicians come and listen / put the cables right...rolleyes.gif

If both the dealer and distributor keep holding off and antagonizing me, it's a definate refund for me. It's a 1,500 EUR receiver afterall.... it shouldn't have this kind of issues, and better customer service than this.

In that case I'll pick up a discounted Marantz SR6007 or SR7007 at one of the larger retailers once the opportunity arises. Despite these receivers sounding a little bland as opposed to the NAD. frown.gif

Glad to hear you are actually getting some service...

Edit: Well - looks like they are taking this seriously after all. My wife received a phonecall from our dealer last friday - previous receiver has been repaired. They had to recoat some coils of the standby transformator.
Called the dealer myself today to confirm that this is not only fixing the standby humm but also that high frequency noise on startup. Hopefully the firmware update has been carried out as well... Will be changing receivers thursday - fingers crossed...

NAD T757, Denon dbt 3313ud, Pioneer DV-444, Monitor Audio BX2 (front & rears), Monitor Audio BX Centre, JBL SUB-138, Samsung UE40F7000, Motorola VIP1853 i-TV receiver, Wii, Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
post #96 of 253 Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 AM

Quote:

Well - looks like they are taking this seriously after all. My wife received a phonecall from our dealer last friday - previous receiver has been repaired. They had to recoat some coils of the standby transformator.
Called the dealer myself today to confirm that this is not only fixing the standby humm but also that high frequency noise on startup. Hopefully the firmware update has been carried out as well... Will be changing receivers thursday - fingers crossed...[/i]

Sounds good! Then they did recognize the fault, and have tried fixing it - good! Let's hope the recoating does the trick! Otherwise you'll have to try switching cables, as suggested... wink.gif
Let me know how it worked out! I'll also post my future adventures in fixing my 757!

post #97 of 253 Old 04-03-2013, 09:09 AM

Hi Everybody,

Apologies if this one runs a little long, but it's my first post after being a LOOOONG time visitor so I might as well make it worth while.

Somebody on this thread asked about comparing the NAD to the Denon to the Marantz. I just purchased the NAD 757 after auditioning the Denon 2313, Marantz 6005 and Cambridge Audio Azur 551R. All seemed to be in about the similar class at varying price points. I initially auditioned the NAD 748. With I Am Legend on Blu Ray, the clarity and depth was UNBELIEVABLE. My first home theatre experience was when my father purchased a Carver surround unit. I remember how amazing it sounded. The NAD brought me back to those days.

I was concerned however, that the 40W channel rating would be too little for my space. While it sounded amazing in a small test room with the focal chorus 700 series surround setup, I was concerned that my slightly larger HT room would require more power. Based on this I was initially convinced to go with the Marantz. It seemed to pack more chutzpah and added some nice (albeit gimicky) bells and whistles. I also heard the Cambridge Audio Azur 551R and frankly couldn't hear enough of a difference between it and the NAD to justify the higher pricetag. So despite loving the NAD 748, I knew it wasn't enough power. So I left ready to come back to get the Marantz. Then I found out about the 757.

a) It is the easiest set up EVER. You just plug everything in. The OSD allow you to configure the inputs however you want/need.
b) The sound reproduction is beyond amazing on Music AND on Movies. Dialogue reproduction is amazing, and because of NAD's stereo pedigree, so is the score. I know the T757 is fairly entry level, but the notion is simple. It plays back the sound exactly the way it comes in. So a great recording sounds great.
c) EASE OF USE. LESS BUTTONS. Yes, you are compromising on features, but if you're bluetoothing your music, or using pandora, do yourself a favour and get a dedicated media player to address it. The GUI experience will be smoother and better. NAD embodies minimalist design in everything they do.
d) It runs DEAD SILENT. It's so quiet, I can hear the buzz from the plasma while it's on. (ok... so it's a little annoying, but I'll address that issue later)

In short. I love my 757.

NAD T757
Paradigm Series 5 Fronts
Paradigm CC350
Paradigm PDR-10 sub
Paradigm Atom rears
Samsung PN64D550 plasma
PS3
rodjon likes this.
post #98 of 253 Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 AM

@Rodjon

I exchanged receivers again.

Sadly it looks like they only killed the standby humm by that repair. We tested both receivers at the dealer. I took home the one with the least audible buzz (slightly less than the one I returned)...

The receiver was tested on some floorstands as opposed to my Monitor Audio BX2 bookshelves + center. And of course there was more ambient noise of other humming electronic devices and some distant music. We had to be real silent and somewhat closer to the speakers than I experienced at home to hear the buzz. As a consequence, the guys at the dealer started explaining in several ways that this is normal and to be expected with higher-end amp devices.

I'm not sure if it's the difference in efficiency between the speakers we tested on or another part of the testing conditions this evening, but at home I can hear the buzz as loud as always... Still not convinced this is normal behaviour. Especially since I cannot set up any source without video-in selected, since then the buzzing will not be cut off. Makes you wonder why NAD would then implement such feature... frown.gif

I hope you have more luck with a replacement.

Will be updating my product registration, and will use that email to try and convince somebody at NAD to check this forum. Maybe this is something that can be resolved afterall.

NAD T757, Denon dbt 3313ud, Pioneer DV-444, Monitor Audio BX2 (front & rears), Monitor Audio BX Centre, JBL SUB-138, Samsung UE40F7000, Motorola VIP1853 i-TV receiver, Wii, Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
post #99 of 253 Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:

@Rodjon

As a consequence, the guys at the dealer started explaining in several ways that this is normal and to be expected with higher-end amp devices. // I can hear the buzz as loud as always... Still not convinced this is normal behaviour. //

Sorry to hear that, quite a let down... Well, I don't think the buzzing is to be regarded as normal at all. It's obviously a flaw in the receiver, I can't see the point in NAD manufacturing them in such a manner. Sounds more like your dealer is trying to convince you that you should accept it and "get him off the hook". Do contact NAD, I think they are quite concerned with their reputation regarding producing state of the art equipment. Just fix your account on their website, and use the "Salon". I've done the very same thing, and got in contact with a technician at NAD quite fast.

My dealer contacted me today, the device they want me to try out has arrived. I am picking it up tomorrow, and will be applying it. I'll get back to you on how it turned out. My dealer has also forwarded my issues with the T757 to a senior technician in Denmark, but no reply so far. I'll keep you posted as it develops.

post #100 of 253 Old 04-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtiger View Post

Hi Everybody,

Apologies if this one runs a little long, but it's my first post after being a LOOOONG time visitor so I might as well make it worth while.

Somebody on this thread asked about comparing the NAD to the Denon to the Marantz. I just purchased the NAD 757 after auditioning the Denon 2313, Marantz 6005 and Cambridge Audio Azur 551R. All seemed to be in about the similar class at varying price points. I initially auditioned the NAD 748. With I Am Legend on Blu Ray, the clarity and depth was UNBELIEVABLE. My first home theatre experience was when my father purchased a Carver surround unit. I remember how amazing it sounded. The NAD brought me back to those days.

I was concerned however, that the 40W channel rating would be too little for my space. While it sounded amazing in a small test room with the focal chorus 700 series surround setup, I was concerned that my slightly larger HT room would require more power. Based on this I was initially convinced to go with the Marantz. It seemed to pack more chutzpah and added some nice (albeit gimicky) bells and whistles. I also heard the Cambridge Audio Azur 551R and frankly couldn't hear enough of a difference between it and the NAD to justify the higher pricetag. So despite loving the NAD 748, I knew it wasn't enough power. So I left ready to come back to get the Marantz. Then I found out about the 757.

a) It is the easiest set up EVER. You just plug everything in. The OSD allow you to configure the inputs however you want/need.
b) The sound reproduction is beyond amazing on Music AND on Movies. Dialogue reproduction is amazing, and because of NAD's stereo pedigree, so is the score. I know the T757 is fairly entry level, but the notion is simple. It plays back the sound exactly the way it comes in. So a great recording sounds great.
c) EASE OF USE. LESS BUTTONS. Yes, you are compromising on features, but if you're bluetoothing your music, or using pandora, do yourself a favour and get a dedicated media player to address it. The GUI experience will be smoother and better. NAD embodies minimalist design in everything they do.
d) It runs DEAD SILENT. It's so quiet, I can hear the buzz from the plasma while it's on. (ok... so it's a little annoying, but I'll address that issue later)

In short. I love my 757.

djtiger,

First off, congrats!!

I find your observations very interesting as I'm not particularly thrilled with my current setup (Denon 2310ci and 14 year old Energy A3+2 speakers) and have been eyeing the 757 closely, also the 977 140w amp. I've decided on new speakers first, Either the new SVS Ultra Towers or the Aperion Verus Grand. As mentioned I have the Denon 2310 and am very curious of the differences you heard with the 757. Back in college, mid 80's, I had an NAD 2200 amp and it was without a doubt the BEST sound I ever heard. Extremely dynamic and crystal clear. Unfortunately it had clipping issues after a few years... which makes me a little hesitant to go NAD again honestly. But that sound...

Briefly, I spoke to a real good guy at SVS yesterday and he mentioned some of the more popular amps that people seemed to be very pleased with. Emotiva most interested me with a "supposedly" true 200w 5 channel amp for $899. (XPA-5) People do mostly seem to love it around here. So at this time, it's NAD vs Emotiva. I should have the new speakers by the first week in May. Leaning towards the SVS.

Anyways, great luck with the 757. Hopefully you can shed some light on the differences between the 2313 and 757. Was it big? slight? massive? lol

Thanks!
post #101 of 253 Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:

In short. I love my 757.
Congratulations! smile.gif I'm also thrilled by the soundquality from the T757, but have these problems with buzzing (appears at power-on, but is muted by changing Source in a certain manner - see posts above). I'm just curious; do you at all recognize that kind of buzzing from your receiver?

post #102 of 253 Old 04-06-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:

I hope you have more luck with a replacement.

So, I've picked up the suggested device, turned out to be a ground loop isolator. It cost €40, so if it would fix the problem it'd be money well spent. My hopes were low though, as the buzzing really isn't of the character that a ground-issue would cause.
I've just tried it out, and as expected it has no effect whatsoever on the high pitched buzzing. Too bad. I would have jumped for joy if it would have worked out. I will return the device, and await feedback from the senior technician I mentioned earlier on.

post #103 of 253 Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Yep - would have been surprised if it was a groundloop issue. Afterall: the buzzing stops when there's a video-in source selected. Please keep me posted on the findings of that technician.

NAD in the Netherlands doesn't provide user accounts - so I'm left with mailing the distributor for the Benelux area directly. Haven't had any response to my email yet. Not even a confirmation that my new t757 serial number has been changed.

But to be fair: it's only been one working day...

post #104 of 253 Old 04-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:

NAD in the Netherlands doesn't provide user accounts - so I'm left with mailing the distributor for the Benelux area directly.

I registered directly on the NAD Canada website, as there is no specific swedish account service. http://nadelectronics.com/home

post #105 of 253 Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM

I created an account on the Canadian website and posted a ticket yesterday.

Today (phew - that's fast) I was provided with the suggestion to try and use a power surge bar to try and solve the buzzing. They were also thinking of a ground-loop issue.

Aside from the fact I was using a power surge bar from day one, we by now know this is obviously not a ground-loop issue.

So I replied with a link to this forum and several reasons why I am sure this is not a ground-loop problem. Fingers crossed - I hope they come up with a different solution / suggestion.

Glad to see NAD Canada actually responds fast to these support tickets. No response from the Benelux NAD representative / importer though. mad.gif

post #106 of 253 Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM

I haven't heard any buzzing, but like many posters, while searching online I did notice that there seems to be a bad batch that was produced of the T748. Many of these seem to have been sold through Crutchfield or something like that. Based on those posts online, it sounded like it was a known issue to NAD. Maybe this issue has found its way to some 757 units?

My unit (at least for now) is dead silent. I have noticed that it loses the HDMI signal every so often. Hopefully this doesn't change. I will post back if I do hear something.

I found the biggest difference between the NAD and the Denon was ease of use and the uncoloured sound. I did find the same video with a denon amp added a lot more high end. The same movie on the NAD just sounded more natural and really brought me into the movie. I'm not saying the Denon or the Marantz sounded bad by ANY MEANS... The NAD just sounded better with my speakers.

All this is completely aside from stereo reproduction which is noticeably better on the NAD. After a few days of operations, I'm also noticing that it runs very cool.
rodjon likes this.
post #107 of 253 Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM

@djtiger
Ah, I didn't know that about the T748! I'll look for some more information on the subject. Your feedback gave me some more hope in finding a T757 without the buzzing, thanks! smile.gif

post #108 of 253 Old 04-09-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Fingers crossed - I hope they come up with a different solution / suggestion.
Glad to see NAD Canada actually responds fast to these support tickets. No response from the Benelux NAD representative / importer though. mad.gif

Yeah, let's hope so! My dealer awaits answer from the senior technician, but also considers the possibility to exchange my present T757 with a new one from another production batch. I'm somewhat curious if yours and mine are "close" in serial no? Mine has: K2XT757G16742.

post #109 of 253 Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM

The one I returned was K2XT757G16804 (very close to yours...), the one I have now K27T757G15277. No idea whether the latter is an older or a newer batch.

The t748 issue is unrelated. Had something to do with the DAC plopping between tracks or whenever switching audiotracks. Real annoying and the reason for me returning the t748 in favour of a t757. Despite that discussion on internet suggesting there's a firmware update to be had, the local distributor told me there is no such update. I had no buzzing with the NAD t748 though.

post #110 of 253 Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:

The one I returned was K2XT757G16804 (very close to yours...), the one I have now K27T757G15277. No idea whether the latter is an older or a newer batch.

The t748 issue is unrelated. Had something to do with the DAC plopping between tracks or whenever switching audiotracks. Real annoying and the reason for me returning the t748 in favour of a t757. Despite that discussion on internet suggesting there's a firmware update to be had, the local distributor told me there is no such update. I had no buzzing with the NAD t748 though.

OK, thanks. I'll keep your serial no's in mind if it comes down to switching for yet another receiver.

I've got feedback from the technician in Denmark. The reply is in Danish, so I'm not 100% sure on some details. Anyhow, he has noticed the very same complaint from a few customers in Denmark as well. He states that this is a known issue that has occurred on some NAD-equipment earlier, but has been resolved and now again reoccurred. He's somewhat surprised by this, as he believed NAD had found a way to deal with it.
He figures the fault lies within the DSP; the mutingsystem is de-activated and therefore releases the buzzing on all channels. When switching source the mutingsystem is activated, and then the receiver works as it is supposed to - with active muting.
He has notified NAD, and is awaiting suggestions on how to resolve the problem.

I'll await further feedback. If NAD finds a way to deal with it, I'm more than happy to keep my present receiver. Otherwise I'll try switching for new one.

post #111 of 253 Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 PM

Cool - a known issue.

The NAD support center employee asked me to contact their "International Technical Support Specialist" at Lenbrook. I sent an email with a brief report of our findings so far - including the response you received from the Danish technician.

I hope this problem is soon dealt with.

post #112 of 253 Old 04-13-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:

Cool - a known issue.

The NAD support center employee asked me to contact their "International Technical Support Specialist" at Lenbrook. I sent an email with a brief report of our findings so far - including the response you received from the Danish technician.

I hope this problem is soon dealt with.

Yeah, the issue seems to be known, but on earlier models. NAD dealt with it, but then it obviously occurs again. It's a bit strange that it's not more noticeable as a complaint on the web, as the buzzing is quite prominent. I figure it can't be a very widespread problem, which I guess is a good thing = can't be too hard finding a receiver without the fault.
I got the same information regarding Lenbrook. Communicated with Meegan Wherry, who eventually suggested I'd swap for another T757.

post #113 of 253 Old 04-13-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:

I have noticed that it loses the HDMI signal every so often.

In what manner does this occur? Loss of HDMI-in or disturbance in HDMI-out?

post #114 of 253 Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 AM

Hi,

Got my t757 and am pretty happy. I wanted to disable Equalization. I am not sure how to do that. Does anyone know?
post #115 of 253 Old 04-25-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaynal View Post

Hi,

Got my t757 and am pretty happy. I wanted to disable Equalization. I am not sure how to do that. Does anyone know?

Go to "Tone Controls", set "Tone Defeat" to Off
post #116 of 253 Old 04-25-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluii View Post

Go to "Tone Controls", set "Tone Defeat" to Off

Thanks for the quick reply but I think Tone Defeat just turns off the Bass and Treble. Initially, I used Audyssey to set up my speakers. I would now like to see what they sound like with the Audyssey equalization. That is what I want to turn off. There is a button for this on the remote but the manual says it does not apply to the T757.
post #117 of 253 Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Pretty sure the 757 does not have Audyssey EQ at all - just speaker distance and level. It uses the AM100 audio module.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaynal View Post

Thanks for the quick reply but I think Tone Defeat just turns off the Bass and Treble. Initially, I used Audyssey to set up my speakers. I would now like to see what they sound like with the Audyssey equalization. That is what I want to turn off. There is a button for this on the remote but the manual says it does not apply to the T757.

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug.
post #118 of 253 Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM

Nad t757 doesn't have Audyssey equalizer setup functionality. Just a basic equalizer you can play with manually. I never used it as I like the output as is.

Now if only NAD could solve my issue concerning that start-up buzz. Been a week now since my last contact with the technician at Lenbrook in which she asked me for some more patience... getting anxious to get my final issues with this receiver solved. *fingers crossed*

On a sidenote: I noticed this weekend that the t757 DAC starts creating a plopping noise between tracks when the receiver is warmed up (from playing a 5.1 movie at decent loudness of about 30db). I popped in a cd after watching Sin City. And behold: the very same noise that made me swap the t747 for this t757... Anyone recognize this, or am I just a too critical listener?

If this happens more frequently, I guess I'll have my receiver turned in for service again.

post #119 of 253 Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM

Really liking my 757, both music and movies have amazed me and my guests on many occasions... biggrin.gif

Not sure if this is the same issue, but back in December when it was new it had a slight pop / first few seconds cut off when it switched tracks on all digital inputs, almost like the DAC was trying to sync up - quite annoying. NAD/Lenbrook sent firmware v1.39 and it has completely fixed the issue.

post #120 of 253 Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I recognize the one or two second cut off from one of my first issues with this receiver. But that was resolved with a firmware update by the local NAD representative. Dunno which firmware is on there now. How can I check that?

I first noticed the plopping sound this weekend after the receiver had been playing a DD dvd soundtrack at about 30db, warming up its exterior (and interior I guess). Not too hot - feels more like some 30 degrees Celsius.

I do not usually have this issue playing cd's on the t757 - will try this weekend to see if I can reproduce the plopping sound.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Nad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page