So a few weeks ago my T747 had been hit by a storm and lost all video along with my TV connected to it. TV was sent for repairs and came back in 4days. I took the out of warranty T747 directly to NAD. They reinstated my warranty free of charge
. 3 weeks later I get a call and NAD says they have some bad and good news. Nad:" We do not have the parts to repair your T747 video circuitry so we will give you a brand new T757 with full 2-year warranty!". I only paid $800 tax in for the T747! NAD has just taken the #1 spot for best customer service EVER!
My T757 thoughts:
- Volume knob is cheap feeling plastic. The T747 had a nice heavy weighted volume knob in metal. (Not a big deal but was a nice touch)
- Front panel looks a little odd, I think the T747 looked bit nicer and sexy all metal. Again I think the T757 front panel is plastic. ( still looks better than the competition)
- Remote non universal
- LFE channel is distributed to subwoofer out and or Front L + R. ( This is good but I wish it could use all Large speakers for .1 channel.
- Everything else
- NO Room EQ !!!!! THank you NAD
- Back Connections have the best layout i've seen yet in an AVR
- Easy menu, remote and setup, (much quicker nav repsonse than the 747)
The Sound Quality is Superb. Lots of Power on tap and immaculate imaging. The sound is a bit more balanced than the 747. I noticed the 747 was a bit brighter than the 757, maybe too bright now after hearing the 757. Bass management is much better and fuller than the 747. Very deep bass in this amp. I do not have a subwoofer. Im using 4 Full range KEF's in Quad setup. 130Watts x 4
- TRUE VIDEO passthrough!!!! (massive problem on the 747)
- 0.05% THD ( 747 had 0.08%)
- 757 seams to have more power than the 747. Im hovering at -20db to -10dB Max and thats room shaking loud. ( 747 i use to be at -10dB to +1 dB for room shaking loud)
The amp goes to +11dB oh yes crank it to 11. NOOO, this would blow my speakers/ most at 0dB to 5dB
Thought the T747 was the perfect avr, The T757 is the ABSOLUTE perfect avr!!!!
If you can find one for $1000, its icing on the cake!!!