Official NAD T 757 AV Upgradeable Surround Sound Receiver Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 253 Old 07-17-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If you are comfortable doing the firmware update yourself, NAD will be able to send you a link through email where you can download the firmware and apply on your own. Just be careful. I have done firmware upgrades on my T763 and T775HD many times. It is actually quite easy. However, you need a straight through DB-9 serial cable. I use a docking station for my dell laptop that has a DB-9 port on it. If not, you need to buy a compatible USB to serial adapter. Just follow the instructions carefully. NAD's firmware update program runs on Windows machines. I have run it on both Windows XP and Windows 7 (32 and 64bit). Works fine.
JackStranger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 253 Old 07-23-2013, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

sure, take your time smile.gif

once you have it set up properly it'd be cool if you could sort of a A vs. B between Audyssey ON vs Audyssey OFF. i wonder how much and what kind of difference does the Audyssey XT make in regards to the NAD Avrs. That'll help me decide getting the AM200.

Maybe you'll start a T777 thread but do post your findings here.

thanks and looking forward to it. congrats again. NAD is always a great choice.

Hi again. Been awhile, but now I've had the chance to evaluate my T777 a bit. I've done a setup with 5 measurepoints and crosstested some bluray-movies with use of the different eq's as well as eq turned off.
I find that the sound the T777 produces without any eq is fantastic, I really would do just fine without the possibility of eq! But... now I have it, so:
- I would like to say that the NAD-curve overall puts more detail to the sound, as well as a little more punch to the bass. Overall a very nice eq-effect on most movies.
- The Audyssey curve does the very same, but punches the bass even further. I also experience that the Audessey curve somewhat make the sound more exaggregated, as if the sound from the different speakers calls out almost a bit too explicit. It works really great with some movies, but is a bit exaggerated on others.
- I haven't tested the flat curve so far.

All in all: the T777 without eq; absolutely magnificent! The NAD curve is a more subtle eq with great detail, while the Audessey curve screams and kicks some more, also with a greater bass punch.

I think I will keep on using different settings with different type of movies, and when I listen to music I don't use any eq at all, just analogue passthrough.

I'll keep you posted with more information as/if it reveals.

NAD T777. NAD C546BEE. Harman Kardon TD4200. Thorens TD318 MkIII. NAD PP-2i. Dali IKON 6 Mk1. Dali IKON 1 Mk2. Dali IKON Vocal 2 Mk2. Dali IKON Sub Mk2. Samsung BD-P3600. Panasonic TX-P46G15e. Motorola 1910 ATSC-tuner. Wii. WiiU. PSTwo. PS3 Slim.
post #183 of 253 Old 07-24-2013, 04:57 PM

Liked: 10
I have a question about the NAD T757. Does anyone know if it affects the sound? I mostly listen in stereo mode.
post #184 of 253 Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM

Liked: 11
Re the Firnware

From your description it does sound straight forward - I would assume NAD provides the instructions with the code.

Is it possible to publish/share the Firmware link?

Or would you end up in "NAD prison".............

Thx...............Kliph
JackStranger likes this.
post #185 of 253 Old 07-25-2013, 04:18 PM

Hello to all!
My first post here as I found AVS when searching for NAD volume level problems. I would like to thank you all for the great posts and detailld information.

I love the NAD but, as some of you, I am having issues related with HDMI and sudden volume changes to maximum level.

The HDMI issue is just annoying and not very worrying: When I turn the NAD on I hear kind of a soft buzzing, then I change to the HDMI 2 connection where I have the Bluray connected. It does some kind of handshake and the noise stops. Then everything gets fine. Other times when having the TV connected (HDMI 1) I try to change to Analogue1 (Turntable) and it changes to HDMI1. I insist chganging to the Analogue 1 and it goes fine.

The most worrying issue is with the volume level changes. It happens randomly from very time to time, but the other day it was 2 a.m. and it did wake up all the neighbours in the building.

I decided to contact NAD trying to get the firmware upgrade, prior to take it to the dealer for a review, but NAD insist in not sending this to international customers and that I need to take the NAD to the dealer. Also I am having diferent replies from diferente persons from NAD but they don't provide the firmware.

Can anyone help me in here? Any experience with this firmware upgrade to cure the volume level issues? Can someone be kind and get me a link for the software?

Thank you very much in advance

All the Best
post #186 of 253 Old 07-27-2013, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New NAD owner here.....I just got my T777 yesterday - paired with KEF R900 towers and R600 center...still using Def Tech 350s as surrounds. I ran the Audessey set-up using 2 measuring points. One question I have is do I need to do more points (like 5)? Reason being is I think the sounds isn't that great with Audessey on but with it off things sounds so much more natural and quite good. Also, Audessey set all of my speakers to large - and yes I do have a sub. I have been messing around with the speaker settings and crossover, etc. but if anyone has any suggestions/advice would appreciate it. I did want to listen to stereo sources in 2 channel or 2.1 but want to make sure I get it right. Thanks!!
post #187 of 253 Old 07-27-2013, 04:48 PM

Liked: 11
RC,
You might want to post in the dedicated 775/785 thread. You'll probably get more responses there. Also, those receivers have Audyssey Multi EQ while the 757 does not.

I do think you will get better results with more measuring points. Audyssey has made a significant difference for me for most sources on my 775. Occasionally, there will be some two channel music that I think sounds better with it off. But, usually the benefits of Audyssey, for me, are noticeable.

It may be that your room is very good acoustically and it does not need the equalization that Audyssey provides. Also, I think it is probably advisable to manually set all speakers to small.
post #188 of 253 Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan24 View Post

RC,
You might want to post in the dedicated 775/785 thread. You'll probably get more responses there. Also, those receivers have Audyssey Multi EQ while the 757 does not.

I do think you will get better results with more measuring points. Audyssey has made a significant difference for me for most sources on my 775. Occasionally, there will be some two channel music that I think sounds better with it off. But, usually the benefits of Audyssey, for me, are noticeable.

It may be that your room is very good acoustically and it does not need the equalization that Audyssey provides. Also, I think it is probably advisable to manually set all speakers to small.

Thank you very much! I will post there as well. It's strange - I just repeated the measurement using 6 data points and the levels that were set were very high (+12 for the front right and rear left surround). I checked out the Audessey thread and tried just one measurement from something I saw there and it does sound better but the levels are still pretty high though more consistent all around. It set the fronts to small that time but the center to large. I manually changed all to small with the standard 80 Hz crossover and will check this out for a while.
post #189 of 253 Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 AM

I a sorry for the insistance, but does anyone have the latest firmware for the T757 that could share with me?

Thank you in advance smile.gif
post #190 of 253 Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 AM

I took the T757 to my dealer today and they did the firmware update right away. Everything works perfect. If I get any issues I'll be sure to post.
post #191 of 253 Old 07-28-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watthead View Post

I took the T757 to my dealer today and they did the firmware update right away. Everything works perfect. If I get any issues I'll be sure to post.

Good you are happy with the upgrade. Did the initial buzzing noise (after the receiver start up) disappeared?

I guess that the issue related with level going to maximum will just be seen as cured in a long term experience. At least in my case it is very random, with no apparent cause.

Anyway, it is very complicated to me to take my receiver to the dealer, due to lack of time. And the dealer also says that they will not do the upgrade but need to take the Nad to the local brand representative. So it is not very easy.

Any kind soul to send me the upgrade or a link into it?

Kind regards
JackStranger
post #192 of 253 Old 07-29-2013, 04:27 AM

You need to request it to Nad and they will send the link to you.
post #193 of 253 Old 07-29-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almayer View Post

You need to request it to Nad and they will send the link to you.

Hi almayer,

I think you missed my post where I explain that NAD doesn't want to send the firmware to international customers:)

If someone can help, I would appreciate a lot:)
post #194 of 253 Old 07-30-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStranger View Post

Hi almayer,

I think you missed my post where I explain that NAD doesn't want to send the firmware to international customers:)

If someone can help, I would appreciate a lot:)

I didn't miss it, I'm an international customer. Again, contact them via the support site, somebody will reply you.
post #195 of 253 Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almayer View Post

I didn't miss it, I'm an international customer. Again, contact them via the support site, somebody will reply you.

Again, as I wrote previously, I contacted the support via the Nad Salon different times requesting the firmware and different people replied saying they wouldn't send the firmware to an international customer.
Perhaps if you are luckier you can help and send me the update.
Thank you
post #196 of 253 Old 08-06-2013, 01:13 AM

I am looking at a 757 v2 but find it hard to give up my music streaming.

1) If I purchase a smart tv that has Pandora app can i use ARC to stream music?
2) Other then ARC and CEC is it worth paying more for V2?
3) If I purchase a 757 v1, it looks like there are apps on PS3 to stream - any input on how you folks are streaming your music?
4) If none of the above are possible and im not willing to give up my streaming can you folks recommend a receiver - thanks you!
post #197 of 253 Old 08-06-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast. View Post

I am looking at a 757 v2 but find it hard to give up my music streaming.

1) If I purchase a smart tv that has Pandora app can i use ARC to stream music?
2) Other then ARC and CEC is it worth paying more for V2?
3) If I purchase a 757 v1, it looks like there are apps on PS3 to stream - any input on how you folks are streaming your music?
4) If none of the above are possible and im not willing to give up my streaming can you folks recommend a receiver - thanks you!

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch or iPad, get an AppleTV and use the remote app on the iOS device(s) to control it so that you can stream music and radio without turning on the TV.
post #198 of 253 Old 08-06-2013, 05:20 PM

Just set up my T 757. Oppo 103 is hooked up HDMI only (not to TV directly as unsure what is best). If I play a CD in the Oppo it works fine in main room but unavailable in Zone 2. What is wrong??? Could be user error in set up of course. All analog audio inputs work OK in Zone 2. The Oppo does have analog outputs if that helps but out of unassigned inputs on the NAD.

Would have to find some sort of quality switch box (remote would be great if available for not too much $$ to train the univ remote) if required to use the Oppo analog ouput--hope not.
My head is beginning to spin. Any help appreciated.
post #199 of 253 Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM

thank you for the tip bommai
post #200 of 253 Old 08-09-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usher99 View Post

Just set up my T 757. Oppo 103 is hooked up HDMI only (not to TV directly as unsure what is best). If I play a CD in the Oppo it works fine in main room but unavailable in Zone 2. What is wrong??? Could be user error in set up of course. All analog audio inputs work OK in Zone 2. The Oppo does have analog outputs if that helps but out of unassigned inputs on the NAD.

Would have to find some sort of quality switch box (remote would be great if available for not too much $$ to train the univ remote) if required to use the Oppo analog ouput--hope not.
My head is beginning to spin. Any help appreciated.

Hello Usher99, HDMI won't work for zone 2. Here is from the owner's manual: "Only analog audio connected through a Source’s analog audio input port can be associated as audio source for Zone 2. Digital audio sources connected via HDMI, digital optical and digital coaxial input ports cannot be downmixed and used as Zone 2 audio source. Ensure also that the associated Source’s Digital Audio setting is set to “Off” or no actual digital source is connected."

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
post #201 of 253 Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 AM

Thanks!

Switch box here I come. Seems they are junk or 300 bucks at least with a quick look. Niles used to make quality stuff at ok prices.
post #202 of 253 Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watthead View Post

Good you are happy with the upgrade. Did the initial buzzing noise (after the receiver start up) disappeared?

I guess that the issue related with level going to maximum will just be seen as cured in a long term experience. At least in my case it is very random, with no apparent cause.

Anyway, it is very complicated to me to take my receiver to the dealer, due to lack of time. And the dealer also says that they will not do the upgrade but need to take the Nad to the local brand representative. So it is not very easy.

Any kind soul to send me the upgrade or a link into it?

Kind regards
JackStranger

The dealer today upgraded the firmware on my NAD t757v2 from 1.39 to 1.40 (DSP v1.02e & video v1.06 upgraded to v1.08), solving the buzzing issue. This sadly means I do not have the file for you - but at least you know whicht version to request at the NAD salon. They are the ones that informed me new firmware was available that would solve the issue. Maybe if you contact them, they can forward the file to you.

Gonna play some more with the receiver this weekend to see if it didn't provide any new issues (hope not). So far I'm very happy with the update.

NAD T757, Denon dbt 3313ud, Pioneer DV-444, Monitor Audio BX2 (front & rears), Monitor Audio BX Centre, JBL SUB-138, Samsung UE40F7000, Motorola VIP1853 i-TV receiver, Wii, Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
post #203 of 253 Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 AM

I was wonder if I can set up a quasi tape monitor loop with the T 757? Right now I have
relegated ye olde NAD 3140 (still seems OK) as a phono preamp for the 757. My ancient reel to reel works fine and looks cool. I have the zone 2 preamp out used for a wireless interface for my Zone 2 subwoofer. I wonder if I can just use a Y connector for this and send it to the 3140 as a source and then the preamp out from the 3140 would be sent back to the T757 as an analogue input. Would that work? Sounds rather cockamamie as I write it but if it works OK. I don't want to foul up the signal to the sub in Zone 2. Thanks for any comments.
post #204 of 253 Old 08-23-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flozem View Post

The dealer today upgraded the firmware on my NAD t757v2 from 1.39 to 1.40 (DSP v1.02e & video v1.06 upgraded to v1.08), solving the buzzing issue. This sadly means I do not have the file for you - but at least you know whicht version to request at the NAD salon. They are the ones that informed me new firmware was available that would solve the issue. Maybe if you contact them, they can forward the file to you.

Gonna play some more with the receiver this weekend to see if it didn't provide any new issues (hope not). So far I'm very happy with the update.

At last! Seems NAD figured it out then, with the new firmware? Great to hear! smile.gif

NAD T777. NAD C546BEE. Harman Kardon TD4200. Thorens TD318 MkIII. NAD PP-2i. Dali IKON 6 Mk1. Dali IKON 1 Mk2. Dali IKON Vocal 2 Mk2. Dali IKON Sub Mk2. Samsung BD-P3600. Panasonic TX-P46G15e. Motorola 1910 ATSC-tuner. Wii. WiiU. PSTwo. PS3 Slim.
post #205 of 253 Old 08-26-2013, 07:26 AM

Hi everyone!
Got an issue with my T757 and I'm interested if anyone else is expieriencing it, too.
When watching a movie there is always a short blackout after a view minutes. In most cases everything returns to normal, but sometimes the picture won't reappear. After changing inputs it's ok again.
Could it have anything to do with the "deep color" mode on my BD-player?
Does anyone have the same problems?
post #206 of 253 Old 08-26-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodjon View Post

At last! Seems NAD figured it out then, with the new firmware? Great to hear! smile.gif
Yep, and so far no new issues. I believe they now also got the plop and the slightly too long silence between cd tracks optimized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba09 View Post

Hi everyone!
Got an issue with my T757 and I'm interested if anyone else is expieriencing it, too.
When watching a movie there is always a short blackout after a view minutes. In most cases everything returns to normal, but sometimes the picture won't reappear. After changing inputs it's ok again.
Could it have anything to do with the "deep color" mode on my BD-player?
Does anyone have the same problems?

Sounds more like some handshake issue between receiver and tv. Can't help you any further though since I don't have an hd tv yet...

NAD T757, Denon dbt 3313ud, Pioneer DV-444, Monitor Audio BX2 (front & rears), Monitor Audio BX Centre, JBL SUB-138, Samsung UE40F7000, Motorola VIP1853 i-TV receiver, Wii, Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
post #207 of 253 Old 08-27-2013, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Sounds more like some handshake issue between receiver and tv. Can't help you any further though since I don't have an hd tv yet...

Hmm, could be possible. But after turning off "deep color" on my PS3 the problem doesn't occur anymore.
Unfortunalety I'm not able to deactivate it on my BD-player, too.
What's also strange is the fact, that the time of the occurence depends on how long the AVR was turned on.
post #208 of 253 Old 08-28-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flozem View Post

Yep, and so far no new issues. I believe they now also got the plop and the slightly too long silence between cd tracks optimized.

Hi there,

Can you please confirm you have v1.40?
My supplier upgraded my NAD T757V2 to 1.39 and NAD support confirmed that the latest version is 1.39b.
post #209 of 253 Old 08-29-2013, 09:52 AM

So a few weeks ago my T747 had been hit by a storm and lost all video along with my TV connected to it. TV was sent for repairs and came back in 4days. I took the out of warranty T747 directly to NAD. They reinstated my warranty free of charge smile.gif. 3 weeks later I get a call and NAD says they have some bad and good news. Nad:" We do not have the parts to repair your T747 video circuitry so we will give you a brand new T757 with full 2-year warranty!". I only paid $800 tax in for the T747! NAD has just taken the #1 spot for best customer service EVER!

My T757 thoughts:

The BAD:

- Volume knob is cheap feeling plastic. The T747 had a nice heavy weighted volume knob in metal. (Not a big deal but was a nice touch)
- Front panel looks a little odd, I think the T747 looked bit nicer and sexy all metal. Again I think the T757 front panel is plastic. ( still looks better than the competition)
- Remote non universal
- LFE channel is distributed to subwoofer out and or Front L + R. ( This is good but I wish it could use all Large speakers for .1 channel. smile.gif)

The GOOD:

- Everything else
- NO Room EQ !!!!! THank you NAD
- Back Connections have the best layout i've seen yet in an AVR
- Easy menu, remote and setup, (much quicker nav repsonse than the 747)

The GREAT:

The Sound Quality is Superb. Lots of Power on tap and immaculate imaging. The sound is a bit more balanced than the 747. I noticed the 747 was a bit brighter than the 757, maybe too bright now after hearing the 757. Bass management is much better and fuller than the 747. Very deep bass in this amp. I do not have a subwoofer. Im using 4 Full range KEF's in Quad setup. 130Watts x 4

- TRUE VIDEO passthrough!!!! (massive problem on the 747)
- 0.05% THD ( 747 had 0.08%)
- 757 seams to have more power than the 747. Im hovering at -20db to -10dB Max and thats room shaking loud. ( 747 i use to be at -10dB to +1 dB for room shaking loud)
The amp goes to +11dB oh yes crank it to 11. NOOO, this would blow my speakers/ most at 0dB to 5dB

Thought the T747 was the perfect avr, The T757 is the ABSOLUTE perfect avr!!!!

If you can find one for $1000, its icing on the cake!!!
post #210 of 253 Old 08-31-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:

Hi there,

Can you please confirm you have v1.40?
My supplier upgraded my NAD T757V2 to 1.39 and NAD support confirmed that the latest version is 1.39b.

I checked with the front panel source < and source > buttons pressed simultaneously. It's version 1.40 alright.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Nad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page