post #1 of 101 Old 08-18-2011, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Product Description
From the Manufacturer
Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A810 Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A810
Featuring unparalleled attention to detail in design, engineering, and fabrication. View larger

Yamaha AVENTAGE Front Panel USB
A USB port on the front panel allows direct connection of your iPod or iPhone

Yamaha AVENTAGE GUI
Full-color GUI with support for album art lets you browse music, movies, and settings

AVENTAGE is a dramatic, inspired leap forward in audio/video component design. AVENTAGE brings studio grade sound and sophisticated video enhancements to your home with unparalleled attention to detail in design, engineering, and fabrication. Yamaha has rethought every electrical path, every part, every piece, and every material to maximize performance. Details that at first glance would not seem to affect the quality of sight, sound, and control, when brought together in an AVENTAGE component, produce a work of visual and acoustic art.
The Yamaha AVENTAGE iPhone App
Use your iPhone or iPod to control the receiver
View App Screens

In addition to an innovative new construction design, the 7.1-channel RX-A810 A/V Receiver offers 3D and Audio Return Channel over 8 in/2 out HDMI, iPhone app compatibility, front panel HDMI and USB digital connections, HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D, YPAO Multipoint functionality, Party Mode, and custom installation-friendly features with Zone 2 control.
A Unique Approach to Enhanced Performance
Unparalleled Control: RS-232 for Custom Installation, New GUI, and iPhone App

An RS-232 port lets the RX-A810 integrate easily with any custom home theater installation. Control4 certification means you can make Aventage work seamlessly with your other AV and home electronics products, all from a single remote or control panel, when installed in a custom home theater environment.

The RX-A810 features many ways to control your media. A new full-color GUI (on screen display) with support for album art lets you browse movies, music, and settings on your HDTV. DLNA compatibility delivers network features: Using a local area network (LAN) connection and Windows Media Connect, you can play MP3, WMA and WAV music from your PC or laptop, or listen to any of the thousands of stations available on Internet radio using the included MP3 vTuner data service. Yamaha Network Receivers get you connected to the vast music content available anywhere on your LAN and on the web. You can even control your receiver from any computer in your local area network via a web browser.

The improved GUI lets you control your home entertainment system and adjust settings simply. Its updated, intuitive interface features an HD overlay, so you can call the menu and it will appear unintrusively for quick commands--without interrupting or switching from whatever's playing onscreen.

Need more connection options? The Yamaha AVENTAGE Control App allows for key control functions over your AVENTAGE networked multi-zone receivers. Allowing for instant access to music and other contents you want to enjoy in each of the connected zones. Current functionality includes multi-zone control over the available inputs, volume, mute and power commands by zone. The RX-A810 also has a USB port for connecting your portable audio player or flash drive. It's SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready for even more music (subscription required). Or expand further with optional accessories like the Yamaha YDS-12 Universal Dock for iPod or the Yamaha YBA-10 Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver (sold separately).
Enhanced Stability: Double Bottom Construction and a Specially Designed 5th Foot (A.R.T. Wedge)
Yamaha AVENTAGE Fifth Foot
A specially designed fifth foot adds even more stability to reduce vibration

Strong stability in an amplifier design reduces noise and jitter in your digital signal for clearer audio and video. Yamaha's AVENTAGE series of amplifiers achieves maximum stability via a new H-shaped cross-member frame, with cross-members supporting the top, bottom, and sides of the chassis. High-grade, heavier terminals reduce vibration at the speaker connections. An additional bottom cover contributes extra support at higher volume levels for the power transformer and heat sinks. And the specially-designed fifth foot at the center of the amplifier--an Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge--improves overall structural rigidity and reduces vibration, resulting in a more stable signal and sound improvement.
Enhanced Power: Optimized Power Amplifier Layout with Ultra Low Jitter Circuitry

The symmetrical power amplifier layout evenly distributes weight across the amplifier to control vibration, improving signal-to-noise ratio for an improved sound experience. The high-quality Burr-Brown DACs feature a direct path to ground, not sharing the ground like in other amplifier designs, for a more efficient and clean signal. Built-in Ultra Low Jitter circuitry reduces jitter from digital sources, including HDMI, using a more precise timing control--so you can be sure of a stable audio/video signal, resulting in perfectly reproduced images and sound.

A hybrid power supply makes the AVENTAGE series even more efficient. Independent power supplies for the digital and analog circuit results in less power consumption in standby mode, and a more efficient power transformer--so despite the power of the RX-A810, it could cost you less to run.
Multizone Capability for Extending Your Home Theater Experience

With support for audio and video in two zones, controllable by the full-color GUI and/or controls on front panel, the RX-A810 can become your home entertainment hub no matter what room it's in. An included Party Mode enhances your next get-together.
How AVENTAGE Delivers Lifelike Sound and Picture Quality
The Latest HDMI Features and High-Definition Audio Decoders for a Cinematic Experience

With seven channels and 700 watts of powerful surround sound (100W x 7 RMS), you can immerse yourself in your favorite movies and music. The latest HD Audio format decoding such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio render soundtracks in lifelike detail. The latest HDMI support brings features like Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24Hz refresh rate capability, and Auto Lip-Sync compensation.
Yamaha Aventage RX-A810
Yamaha AVENTAGE SCENE Buttons
SCENE buttons automatically launch multiple operations to make your devices work together

The RX-A810 features 8 1080p-compatible HDMI inputs (including 1 front) and 2 HDMI outputs (simultaneous), so the RX-A810 has room and power to spare for all your high-definition home entertainment gear. The front HDMI input is great for quick connection of the latest gaming consoles and HD camcorders.
Exclusive Yamaha Features for Surround Realism
Yamaha Surround Realism
Enjoy the effects of CINEMA DSP surround sound without the surround speakers

Yamaha CINEMA DSP is an advanced exclusive technology for creating richly realized independent sound fields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects ideally located in these separate sound fields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and startlingly realistic presence. 17 CINEMA DSP 3D settings let you customize the effect for your room. Adaptive DSP Level evaluates the difference between the volume level and a reference level, adjusting the DSP level to ensure optimum effectiveness, so you'll experience cinema-quality audio even at lower volumes.

CINEMA DSP's decoding technology also takes advantage of Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer, so you can enjoy your digital music library on your home theater system without sacrificing audio quality. Plus, CINEMA DSP 3D is expandable to 11.2 channels (with front and rear presence speakers) by adding an external amp--so the RX-A810 is a receiver that can grow with you.

Pressing a single SCENE button automatically launches multiple operations to make your devices work together--no more fumbling with the remote control. They are initially set to default settings for DVD Viewing, Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening, but can be customized to whatever you need.

Yamaha's YPAO system uses a small microphone (included) and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First, it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters, such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers and even the sound pressure level until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room--and you don't have to do anything.
Expand Your Yamaha System with Convenient Connectivity

The optional YDS-12 Universal Dock lets you connect your iPod or iPhone to the receiver. And the YDS-12 is "Works with iPhone"-certified, so you can get the most out of your iPhone music library with zero hassles.

The optional YID-W10 Wireless Dock System for iPod/iPhone ensures that you enjoy maximum sound quality and no lip sync (AV matching) problems.

The optional YBA-10 Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver docks to the receiver and supports A2DP stereo audio streaming, so users can enjoy music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, Windows PCs, and Macs.
Technical Specifications

Impedance: 8 ohms
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 100kHz (3dB)
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.09%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB
USB Inputs/Outputs: 1/0
Ethernet Inputs/Outputs: 1/0
Radio: AM/FM with HD Radio; SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready
Dock Terminal for Compatible Accessories: 1
Optical Inputs/Outputs: 2/1
Coaxial Inputs/Outputs: 2/0
Analog AV Inputs/Outputs: 5/1
Component Video Inputs/Outputs: 2/1
Composite/S-Video Inputs/Outputs: 5/5/1/1
Multichannel External Decoder: 8 channels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 Old 08-18-2011, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone have one of these new models?
Wounder how it compares to the Rx-V863 in sound ?
I just ordered one and have not received it as yet.
post #3 of 101 Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 AM
gce

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've been looking at this one but don't want to pull the trigger yet until I hear some feedback and reviews. Let us know what you think when you get it.
post #4 of 101 Old 08-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been looking at this one too.
Every weekend Newegg offers it with a $250 gift card and think about pulling the trigger, only to chicken out at the last minute ....
I'm also waiting for them to start showing up at BestBuy for some hands-on.

Mitch
post #5 of 101 Old 08-19-2011, 02:18 PM
gce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post

I'm also waiting for them to start showing up at BestBuy for some hands-on.

Mitch

I talked to a salesmen at bestbuy last week and he said the A710 and A810 wouldn't be in until September! He didn't know when the 1010, 2010, 3010 would be in stores.
post #6 of 101 Old 08-19-2011, 03:33 PM

Liked: 53
A710 and A810 is available now. 1010,2010,3010 probably sometime in September.
post #7 of 101 Old 08-20-2011, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

The RX-A810 I ordered should be here on Tuesday via UPS.
So these are out.
post #8 of 101 Old 08-20-2011, 03:11 PM

I recently picked this unit up. Some limitations I haven't worked through yet:

One: I want to play music (dnla and Internet radio) on zone 2 speakers (pair of Polks), as the def tech pro cinema 600's aren't as full as I'd like for music, but enjoy them for home theater. I can get music off my Synology NAS DS211J either via the built-in dlna on the Yamaha, or via my Apple Airport Express (AirPlay enabled device) which outputs via optical cable to the receiver. Trouble with the first option is I haven't been able to get OnScreen to work for zone 2, thus unable to interact with the dnla folders. No OnScreen also means you can't browse the Internet radio. I've a support call into Yamaha to get help with this in case I've missed something here... Trouble with the 2nd option is zone 2 doesn't support the optical input.

8/23 upd: Never was able to speak with Yamaha support, but figured things out. No onscreen ability for zone 2 by design. You can use the iPhone or web app, but not very user friendly and doesn't allow a selection other than my NAS server (i.e. no Internet radio.) A work-around is to use the onscreen control within main zone, put into 'party mode', then mute main zone. This won't give you discreet sources for your zones, but is a solution to what I'm trying to accomplish.

Two: I eventually want to put my Carver AL-III Plus's on zone 2 for music (i'm testing with the Polks, because I had them lying around and I don't want to ruin the new receiver until I understand everything.) The Carvers are 4ohm, and have burnt out a couple of 8 ohm receivers. The RS-A810 can be set to 6ohm and the documentation says you can attach 4 ohm speakers. However it looks like you can only set it for the entire unit, not per zone. I was told I could run the Carver's from an external amp connected to the pre-out on zone 2, but the zone 2 speaker connections are outside the pre-amp, so I'm not seeing how this would work. I haven't bit the bulllet on buying an external amp yet, until I know it'll work. I may wind up having to use my old receiver, which is still hobbling along...

8/23 upd: Use "zone 2 out" to connect external amplifier. This is a really full-featured receiver with pre-outs for 7.2, and I in general have enjoyed it. did however, wind up exchanging this for the RX-A1010, in order to get variable line output on zone 2.
post #9 of 101 Old 08-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

I don't think anyone was arguing that they're not out.
It's just that they aren't at the local best buy yet - at least not at my local best buy.

So where did you order yours?
And I think I speak for others when I say we look forward to your report.

Mitch
post #10 of 101 Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post

I don't think anyone was arguing that they're not out.
It's just that they aren't at the local best buy yet - at least not at my local best buy.

And I think I speak for others when I say we look forward to your report.

Mitch

I looked on Amazon and additional sellers there, and did a search on Ebay, and found a seller with a buy-it-now with free shipping, with good Feedback.
He also has a good price on the RX-A1010, but I didn't want to spend that much more.
He is on the West coast, Wa.
I have my Yamaha RX-V863 for sale on Amazon.com
These two models are very close in features, and I have been very happy with the performance of the 863.
So, we will see on Tuesday.
post #11 of 101 Old 08-21-2011, 05:22 PM
gce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pevco View Post

did a search on Ebay, and found a seller with a buy-it-now with free shipping, with good Feedback.

Don't you lose your 3 year warranty if you buy it on ebay?
post #12 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 AM
gce

Quote:

So, we will see on Tuesday.

Review time!
post #13 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I picked one up yesterday. Nice little receiver.
post #14 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
winston9332,
What receiver is it replacing and can you give us your thoughts on it after set up.

post #15 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post

winston9332,
What receiver is it replacing and can you give us your thoughts on it after set up.

I am more auditioning it at the moment. I can tell you it will not unseat the Denon AVR-3311 in my study.
post #16 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 11:21 AM
gce

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

I can tell you it will not unseat the Denon AVR-3311 in my study.

Shouldn't the 3311 be compared to the A1010, not the A810!
post #17 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I respectfully suggest simplifying the first post to highlight the interesting details, and remove the marketing verbage and stuff that's common to any modern Yamaha receiver.

"But this one goes up to 11"
post #18 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Out of the box and all cables connected, battery's installed in the remote, power applied and it found everything. Went through a simple setup , and I must say that I'm very pleased with this receiver.
The new remote has a lot of buttons and requires a learning curve.
The Yamaha manual comes on a CD however there is a quick setup foldout.
I have my Sony Blu-Ray player connected through the HDMI in/outputs, seems to have a richer color picture on the Samsung 61' LED TV.
So far I would give this Yamaha "Five Stars".
It is replacing a Yamaha RX-v863 which is for sale.
I have B&W speakers all around.
The listening experience is very very good.
Now to learn all the functions of the remote.
I would highly recommend this receiver.
post #19 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 PM
gce

Thanks for the report pevco.

Do you have a STB hooked to the A810 and is everything you have hooked to it HDMI?
post #20 of 101 Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenj View Post

I recently picked this unit up. Some limitations I haven't worked through yet:

One: I want to play music (dnla and Internet radio) on zone 2 speakers (pair of Polks), as the def tech pro cinema 600's aren't as full as I'd like for music, but enjoy them for home theater. I can get music off my Synology NAS DS211J either via the built-in dlna on the Yamaha, or via my Apple Airport Express (AirPlay enabled device) which outputs via optical cable to the receiver. Trouble with the first option is I haven't been able to get OnScreen to work for zone 2, thus unable to interact with the dnla folders. No OnScreen also means you can't browse the Internet radio. I've a support call into Yamaha to get help with this in case I've missed something here... Trouble with the 2nd option is zone 2 doesn't support the optical input.

8/23 upd: Never was able to speak with Yamaha support, but figured things out. No onscreen ability for zone 2 by design. You can use the iPhone or web app, but not very user friendly and doesn't allow a selection other than my NAS server (i.e. no Internet radio.) A work-around is to use the onscreen control within main zone, put into 'party mode', then mute main zone. This won't give you discreet sources for your zones, but is a solution to what I'm trying to accomplish.

Two: I eventually want to put my Carver AL-III Plus's on zone 2 for music (i'm testing with the Polks, because I had them lying around and I don't want to ruin the new receiver until I understand everything.) The Carvers are 4ohm, and have burnt out a couple of 8 ohm receivers. The RS-A810 can be set to 6ohm and the documentation says you can attach 4 ohm speakers. However it looks like you can only set it for the entire unit, not per zone. I was told I could run the Carver's from an external amp connected to the pre-out on zone 2, but the zone 2 speaker connections are outside the pre-amp, so I'm not seeing how this would work. I haven't bit the bulllet on buying an external amp yet, until I know it'll work. I may wind up having to use my old receiver, which is still hobbling along...

8/23 upd: Use "zone 2 out" to connect external amplifier. This is a really full-featured receiver with pre-outs for 7.2, and I in general have enjoyed it. did however, wind up exchanging this for the RX-A1010, in order to get variable line output on zone 2.

Pretty much all receivers are restrictive about what audio sources can be sent to zone 2 and whether they can be discrete from zone 1. The highest level models do have more capability than the 810 but still not what you want. You are lucky. Most brands don't have the "party" mode that yamaha has. And most discrete zone 2 feeds are 2 channel analog required every brand.

Try to run the receiver on the higher ohm setting. The lower # decreases power to all channels. That means definitely consider running any robust 4 ohm speakers off the preamp outs with an amp, not the speaker binding posts.
post #21 of 101 Old 08-25-2011, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

GCE,

Do you have a STB hooked to the A810 and is everything you have hooked to it HDMI?
What is a STB?
And yes, All HDMI
post #22 of 101 Old 08-25-2011, 08:01 AM
gce

Quote:

GCE,

What is a STB?

Set-top-box for digital TV. Like Uverse or Time warner cable.
post #23 of 101 Old 08-25-2011, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

I do not have a Set-top-box for digital TV.
I have over the air HD TV antenna, using a 72 ft tower.
I live out in the country.
post #24 of 101 Old 09-01-2011, 08:03 PM
gce

I finally found a review. Not much of a review but a review just the same!

http://www.hifitest.de/test/av-recei...-a810_4567.php

Opp's....you can get the english version on this page! http://www.testseek.com/home_electro...6d1fc5dec.html
post #25 of 101 Old 09-10-2011, 04:10 PM

I bought two of these fine receivers.

One thing I was hoping for was independent control of the subwoofers since it had two subwoofer ports. After plugging in both subwoofers into the receiver, it only shows one subwoofer on the YPAO or any other screen. There are no options to modify anything related to two subwoofers.

Bummer that I could have simply used a Y-Cable to connect both subwoofers to do the same thing.
post #26 of 101 Old 09-11-2011, 10:58 AM

I have yamaha rx-a810 receiver connected via hdmi to samsung led tv un46d8000; when I turn hdmi control ON on yamaha I loose sound to TV; any idea why?
Also what does STAND BY THROUGH means on yamaha and what does it do or allows?
Thanks
post #27 of 101 Old 09-17-2011, 11:31 AM
gce

Just pulled the trigger on the RX-A810. Had to cuz my last HDMI port went out on my Onkyo (no more onkyo's for me).

Anyway I should have it here Friday the 23rd so time to ripout the old and get ready for the new...can't wait!!!
post #28 of 101 Old 09-17-2011, 04:28 PM

Very interested in how this unit performs as it time to replace an onkyo tx sr707 that is having issues

This looks very comparable and will be matched with klipsch reference series 52ii speakers and a single sub. Appreciate any and all input before I pull trigger.

Most important is it turns on and off all stb and Sony tvs via hdmi and is easily operated by my universal remote
post #29 of 101 Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 PM

Thanks for the input. I wound up getting the RX-A1010 AND am working on getting a separate amp for the 4 ohms.
post #30 of 101 Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 AM

I am having a tough time deciding between the A810 and the A1000.

Drawbacks of the A1000 are -
1. USB port does not work with ipod/iphone.
2. It does not upconvert 720p or 1080i to 1080p.

Can someone confirm if the A810 does these?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver
Gear in this thread - A810bl by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page