The "official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A710/810/1010/2010/3010 thread - Page 105 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #3121 of 3131 Old 06-30-2016, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkust View Post
It sounds like you are describing the factory reset. Did you actually do the reset that erases all of your settings?
I can not get into the advanced settings menu, which is where I would reset my settings. When I power on the unit, either when holding down "straight" button or just normal power on, the "main on" flashes for a second and then the unit shuts down. After I try that, when powering on the unit again nothing will happen until I follow the procedure to reset the safety circuit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 3131 Old 07-03-2016, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have recently discovered that I could stream music from my Android phone using Tidal and BubbleUPnpP to my Yamaha RX-A 2010. So far it has been a standard quality, but I am considering trying the HiFi quality. Has anybody any experience, whether Yamaha can decode this higher quality streaming?
Edit: I have found info in a Tidal thread that it really works that way, you can stream losses from Android to the AVR.

Take care,
Piotr
______________________________________________________________________________________
BD: Panasonic DMB BDT500 AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010 Fronts: B&W CM9, Center and Surrounds: KEF 6000

Last edited by Blondas; 07-03-2016 at 09:46 AM.
post #3123 of 3131 Old 07-17-2016, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am having a problem with my A2010. It believes something is plugged into the headphone jack when it reality it is empty. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this without having to take it to a technician to fix? It was recently shipped, so maybe something fell into the port during that process? Thanks!
post #3124 of 3131 Old 07-17-2016, 01:07 PM

Liked: 0
Question Hacking wallpapers

Is there a hack or workaround that will allow me to add to (or replace) the 3 wallpapers on an RX-A710? Thanks!
post #3125 of 3131 Old 07-27-2016, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by roliwage View Post
Is there a hack or workaround that will allow me to add to (or replace) the 3 wallpapers on an RX-A710? Thanks!
The three are annoying...I hooked up a 2016 Vizio D series tv and it has a live wallpaper of 4k images that constantly change.
post #3126 of 3131 Old 08-10-2016, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Need some help

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right section or not but it seems like it. I have a Yamaha RX-A2010 receiver that has two HDMI outputs. I am running one directly to my projector (BenQ W1070) and the other to a 28" Samsung TV that is on the rack. The idea was that I can use that TV when in that room, and also when calibrating. The problem I have is that the projector is 1080p and the TV is 720p which causes a couple things. One, I have to have the TV on (or at least come on at first) when I turn on the projector otherwise it will just blink the image. I can unplug the TV and that goes away, but switching outputs did not help. The other issue is that I have an HTPC hooked up to the system and it wants to scale to 1080p which is then off the screen of the TV, or it will go back and forth depending on what I am doing (projector on or not) which just moves all the icons and stuff.

Neither of these are really that big of problems, but they are annoying none the less. Ideally I would like to keep the HDMI-1 output directly to my projector. The HDMI-2 output will go to that TV, and possibly over to my main computer (1080p). So can I just get any old splitter, or do I need something that will handshake with the receiver regardless of any of those devices being on? What about the one display only being able to handle 720p, will a proper splitter be able to accommodate that without loss in quality to anything else? I have tried to look for TV that is 28" but 1080p and I couldn't come up with anything. I cant really go any bigger since it is mounted to my equipment rack.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sean
post #3127 of 3131 Old 08-10-2016, 05:26 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Not sure why my thread got moved here since it has nothing to do with the receiver. Maybe you guys will be able to help recommend an HDMI splitter/processor though?

Sean
post #3128 of 3131 Old 08-10-2016, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this is the correct forum, I don't see an official forum for new Aventage receivers.

Just got the RX-A860. I have it connected to a Vizio P65-C1 TV.

When I set the HDMI Control to On, the default TV Audio Input is AV4. In the setup, you can only choose AV1-AV6 and Audio1 and Audio2. You cannot select HDMI inputs for some reason.

So when I turn on the cable box, it turns on the TV and receiver. I see a cable tv picture with no sound as the input is set to AV4. I have to hit HDMI 2 to hear sound from the cable box.

A quick chat today with Yamaha suppport said it was the TV's HDMI-CEC control and it was causing this.

The manual states "TV Audio Input - Selects an audio input jack of the unit to be used for TV audio input when “HDMI Control” is set to “On”. The unit’s input source automatically switches to TV audio when the TV input is switched to its built-in tuner."

So is my TV causing this issue? Am I doing something wrong? I like to use the HDMI control, like I used to use on my Denon 3313.

Thanks
post #3129 of 3131 Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringzz View Post
Not sure if this is the correct forum, I don't see an official forum for new Aventage receivers.

When I set the HDMI Control to On, the default TV Audio Input is AV4. In the setup, you can only choose AV1-AV6 and Audio1 and Audio2. You cannot select HDMI inputs for some reason.

So when I turn on the cable box, it turns on the TV and receiver. I see a cable tv picture with no sound as the input is set to AV4. I have to hit HDMI 2 to hear sound from the cable box.

A quick chat today with Yamaha suppport said it was the TV's HDMI-CEC control and it was causing this.

The manual states "TV Audio Input - Selects an audio input jack of the unit to be used for TV audio input when “HDMI Control” is set to “On”. The unit’s input source automatically switches to TV audio when the TV input is switched to its built-in tuner."

So is my TV causing this issue? Am I doing something wrong? I like to use the HDMI control, like I used to use on my Denon 3313.

Thanks
I also have the P65-C1 connected to my RX-A2010.

After the last firmware update for the TV (2.0.13.13) it is all messed up. I finally turned ARC OFF on both the TV and Yamaha since I really don't need to "cast" from the Vizio tablet and now things are back to normal but at the loss of the ARC. The last update from the Vizio CTO in the P-series forum suggested that they identified some bugs related to ARC in the current firmware and are working on a fix. Fingers crossed....

You might try leaving HDMI Control "ON" on the RX-A860 but turning off ARC?

FWIW, I'd try the The "Official" Yamaha RX-A1060, RX-A2060 and RX-A3060 AVENTAGE AVR Thread even with your 860. I know the "Thread Starter", FilmMixer, also owns a P-series and is active in that thread as well.

Best of luck.

Last edited by bluechunks; 08-10-2016 at 11:21 AM.
post #3130 of 3131 Old 08-10-2016, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringzz View Post

Thanks
I'm having the same issue with my rx-a760. Hdmi 1 is my cable box, hdmi control is set to on, but when I turn on the tv (vizio m70-d3) audio 1 is on by default. It's driving my wife nuts having to use my harmony remote to switch to hdmi 1 to hear the tv. There has to be some way to change the default audio to hdmi when turning on the tv/cable box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
post #3131 of 3131 Old 08-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I had some audio issues with my RX-A1040. FM Radio,Audio1, and something with something on one of the HDMI's. No sound. After hours of frustration, I found by simply turning the power off and on things started working.

Maybe this will help someone with the above issues.

(LCD - Sony KDL -52 XBR4) (Receiver - Sony STR-DA4ES)(Blu Ray - Oppo BDP-83) (PS3)( Dish Hopper DVR With Sling) Speakers (L & R - Paradigm Studio 20) (Center -Paradigm CC-470) (Surrounds & Back Surrounds - Paradigm SA-15R in walls) (Subwoofer 1 - Sunfire HRS-12) (Subwoofer 2 - Paradigm PW-2100)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers , Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A3010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A710bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page