The "official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A710/810/1010/2010/3010 thread - Page 106 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 106Likes

post #3151 of 3165 Old 07-31-2017, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 90
No audio?

I have a Yamaha RX-A2010 had for 2 years worked great now it seems it wants to act up. If I turn the AVR off and leave it off several hours and then turn it back on I get no audio? The video works great. I thought maybe I had cheap HDMI cables so replaced them no change, I also tried removing all HDMI cables to isolate the problem still no luck. I have noticed once I turn it on and leave it on after awhile 20 to 30 minutes the audio will come back and play normal. Is this a problem with the HDMI board and if it is I thought if the HDMI board goes bad it would also effect video as well? My other question if it is the HDMI Board how do I get another one?
Thanks

Integra DTR 40.6 LCR BIC DV84's w/ 2 SX2400 amps, Volt6 front height w/nu3000, Volt6 rear height by AVR, BIC DV64's w/EPX2800
Infinity1262's in Quad Opposed box w/ nu6000,SI DS4's in 2 sealed Marty Cube w/ IT 8000, 2 SI HST18's in Dual Opposed w/ A14K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3152 of 3165 Old 07-31-2017, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 80
This is just a guess. Perhaps as the components warm up, there's a tiny bit of expansion that occurs to make an electrical connection. If so, could be you have a bad solder joint somewhere and it might be relatively inexpensive to have repaired.
post #3153 of 3165 Old 07-31-2017, 12:57 PM

I took it in to get it checked I am hoping for the cheap fix?? To play it safe I did buy another AVR and this one has Atmos!!

Integra DTR 40.6 LCR BIC DV84's w/ 2 SX2400 amps, Volt6 front height w/nu3000, Volt6 rear height by AVR, BIC DV64's w/EPX2800
Infinity1262's in Quad Opposed box w/ nu6000,SI DS4's in 2 sealed Marty Cube w/ IT 8000, 2 SI HST18's in Dual Opposed w/ A14K

post #3154 of 3165 Old 07-31-2017, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichlid109 View Post
I took it in to get it checked I am hoping for the cheap fix?? To play it safe I did buy another AVR and this one has Atmos!!
We think alike. Sounds like something I would do.

Anthem MRX-300-Outlaw Audio M2200
Rythmik F12 subs
Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)
Assassin HTPC (movies)
post #3155 of 3165 Old 07-31-2017, 03:48 PM

Its is kind of dumb. One reason for getting a different AVR was Dolby Atmos and I thought if this is going to cost a lot instead of putting money into the Yamaha RX-A2010 I got the Integra 40.6 a newer model and it has Atmos!! Granted its only a 7.2 vs the 2010 is a 9.2 but with my system the rear height you can barely hear any way. By not having them hooked up I am only losing 280w total system power is pushing the 40K mark

post #3156 of 3165 Old 08-22-2017, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Like you I have an RX-A2010 that has served me well for the better part of 4 years. Better yet I bought it open box for literally half price so it owes me nothing. I am now having to turn the receiver off and on multiple times in order to get it to produce sound. The picture comes right through but no sound, just keep seeing "Decoder off" on the display. I originally thought it was just because maybe I was having problems with the Directv box but low and behold it is doing it will all inputs it appears. I have tried the Roku, Sony UBP-X800 all inputs require multiple start-ups before I get sound.

I called Yamaha Technical support and found out the following:

HDMI Board Part # 505709 refurb $172.68.

Guess why I have refurb by the price?

Because that is all that is available and they don't know when they will have more of these boards. I am on with them now to see if they offer some discounting on new due to the fact that they do not have any of these boards available. I know it is 4 years old but............................................... .................................................. ...... it is only 4 years old. I have been a big fan of Yamaha as my first "Real" receiver was an RX-V2500 that I bought some 13 years ago that serves me well in my office with a pair of Mirage Omni-sats and Martin Logan Dynamo 10" sub (quite the office system I must say).

Not knocking them now but a little frustrated at the situation I guess.

I will update this thread once I find out more information.

Disappointing but I also understand that no one will be producing a 1080P board anymore.

If it sounds and looks good, it sounds and looks good!!
post #3157 of 3165 Old 08-22-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflebird View Post
Like you I have an RX-A2010 that has served me well for the better part of 4 years. Better yet I bought it open box for literally half price so it owes me nothing. I am now having to turn the receiver off and on multiple times in order to get it to produce sound. The picture comes right through but no sound, just keep seeing "Decoder off" on the display. I originally thought it was just because maybe I was having problems with the Directv box but low and behold it is doing it will all inputs it appears. I have tried the Roku, Sony UBP-X800 all inputs require multiple start-ups before I get sound.

I called Yamaha Technical support and found out the following:

HDMI Board Part # 505709 refurb $172.68.

Guess why I have refurb by the price?

Because that is all that is available and they don't know when they will have more of these boards. I am on with them now to see if they offer some discounting on new due to the fact that they do not have any of these boards available. I know it is 4 years old but............................................... .................................................. ...... it is only 4 years old. I have been a big fan of Yamaha as my first "Real" receiver was an RX-V2500 that I bought some 13 years ago that serves me well in my office with a pair of Mirage Omni-sats and Martin Logan Dynamo 10" sub (quite the office system I must say).

Not knocking them now but a little frustrated at the situation I guess.

I will update this thread once I find out more information.

Disappointing but I also understand that no one will be producing a 1080P board anymore.
I bought the Yamaha from Acc4less it was 600.00 never had any issues with it then this. I took it to a local repair shop hoping that maybe it was a cold solder joint?? but no. The tech called me up and said the main HDMI board needs to be replaced approx. 330 to fix it. No way so I ended up buying an Integra DTR 40.6 that someone was selling for 300.00 sound wise I like it better plus it has Atmos but other then that the Yamaha has way more features so there is a trade off but it pretty much stinks the RX-A2010 is not a cheap AVR and then with a short time frame its gone bad and Yamaha support stinks

post #3158 of 3165 Old 08-23-2017, 02:28 AM

Quote:
I bought the Yamaha from Acc4less it was 600.00 never had any issues with it then this. I took it to a local repair shop hoping that maybe it was a cold solder joint?? but no. The tech called me up and said the main HDMI board needs to be replaced approx. 330 to fix it. No way so I ended up buying an Integra DTR 40.6 that someone was selling for 300.00 sound wise I like it better plus it has Atmos but other then that the Yamaha has way more features so there is a trade off but it pretty much stinks the RX-A2010 is not a cheap AVR and then with a short time frame its gone bad and Yamaha support stinks
Well as much as I don't want to admit it, I do understand why the board is no longer available. With all the new units being 4K compatible, HDCP 2.2, 4K HDR, Dolby Vision, HLG, Atmos etc., etc,. etc., there is really not much demand for a plain old vanilla 1080P board these days so.................................

I will look forward to hearing back from them today to see what kind of a deal they are willing to make due to the non-available part. Every person I spoke to was extremely courteous yesterday so at this point I am willing to see what they will do.

Buying a new AVR was not on my "List" of things to do any time soon. I had to power cycle 3 times this morning to get it to work, the fear of it just not coming on is real.

post #3159 of 3165 Old 08-23-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Well as much as I don't want to admit it, I do understand why the board is no longer available. With all the new units being 4K compatible, HDCP 2.2, 4K HDR, Dolby Vision, HLG, Atmos etc., etc,. etc., there is really not much demand for a plain old vanilla 1080P board these days so.................................

I will look forward to hearing back from them today to see what kind of a deal they are willing to make due to the non-available part. Every person I spoke to was extremely courteous yesterday so at this point I am willing to see what they will do.

Buying a new AVR was not on my "List" of things to do any time soon. I had to power cycle 3 times this morning to get it to work, the fear of it just not coming on is real.
One thing I did which I am sure was not ideal I just kept it on but long term I felt that was bad as well. Well now I have a different AVR and it does what I need it to do so I am okay

post #3160 of 3165 Old 08-25-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
One thing I did which I am sure was not ideal I just kept it on but long term I felt that was bad as well. Well now I have a different AVR and it does what I need it to do so I am okay
Well as an update (not really) I have been expecting a call back from Yamaha Customer Support for the last two days to go over what my options might be for a replacement and no call. I am currently on hold with the customer support # for 22 and a half minutes........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................. 23 minutes now............................................... .................................................. ............................................... Oh someone stand by!!!

post #3161 of 3165 Old 08-25-2017, 03:36 PM

That what really irritates me Yamaha as well as other brands are known for their quality product however when there is a problem their customer support is terrible. I tried twice to get help thru Yamaha and I thought I explained the problem accurately and to the point, after waiting a couple of weeks I get a reply and it was very apparent they did not even bother to read what I had written. Well I wish you good luck I am happy with the Integra AVR works great does what I need no issues.

post #3162 of 3165 Old 08-25-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Well as an update (not really) I have been expecting a call back from Yamaha Customer Support for the last two days to go over what my options might be for a replacement and no call. I am currently on hold with the customer support # for 22 and a half minutes........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................. 23 minutes now............................................... .................................................. ............................................... Oh someone stand by!!!
OK so I have to provide them with a copy of the receipt from the purchase along with the serial number and e-mail them back. They will then get back with me on what my options are. If I have to bite the bullet might as well step up to an Atmos capable receiver like the 3070. It took a while, and me calling them back, but I might have some progress here.
Scarriere likes this.

post #3163 of 3165 Old 08-27-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
OK so I have to provide them with a copy of the receipt from the purchase along with the serial number and e-mail them back. They will then get back with me on what my options are. If I have to bite the bullet might as well step up to an Atmos capable receiver like the 3070. It took a while, and me calling them back, but I might have some progress here.
All the above would be great IF I had received the e-mail they said they were sending me..........................

No such e-mail to present.

post #3164 of 3165 Old 09-19-2017, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
All the above would be great IF I had received the e-mail they said they were sending me..........................

No such e-mail to present.
Hi there,

did you end up getting a solution to this or did you buy another receiver?

My A2010 has just started doing the same.

Thanks.
post #3165 of 3165 Old 09-19-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo28 View Post
Hi there,

did you end up getting a solution to this or did you buy another receiver?

My A2010 has just started doing the same.

Thanks.
I have not done anything as of yet. I am having to turn it on and leave it on for about 10 minutes, turn it off and then back on and all is well. I have determined that it very well may not be the HDMI board as it does it on all inputs, even my network NAS music files which has nothing to do with the HDMI board. It almost seems like maybe a capacitor or something that works when it is warm and not when it is cold, BIG guess on my part. I am most likely going to buy one of the new Marantz 8012's in the near future. I have a connection for a good deal on one when it comes out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
no sound , Receivers Amplifiers , RX-A3010 , Yamaha , Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A3010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A710bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page