The "official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A710/810/1010/2010/3010 thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 2949 Old 02-13-2012, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 675
@ gce

Oh boy, please don't tease me with front presence speakers.....)

I am using the "virtual" presence speakers on my A1010. I bet is not the same as having real speakers, but currently my goal is grab some RTiA7's. By the way, I found them at SoundDistributors @ 850.00 - pair, black, delivered and with full warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2949 Old 02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've searched, but can't find a link to the receiver manager software for the 3010.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Also, what connection do I need on a laptop to run the software? I had all the info saved somewhere but now I can't find it.
I'll be buying the 3010 and laptop next week and want to have everything ready to go.
I have a 7.1 system now, with presence speakers already mounted for my current receiver, an RX-V3800.
Really looking forward to some new gear.

Thanks!
post #363 of 2949 Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmyname View Post

I've searched, but can't find a link to the receiver manager software for the 3010. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, what connection do I need on a laptop to run the software?

I've attached it (just rename the .mov file to .zip, it was too big to attach as a .zip). It uses a network connection, so you need to have the receiver on your network.
post #364 of 2949 Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

I've attached it (just rename the .mov file to .zip, it was too big to attach as a .zip). It uses a network connection, so you need to have the receiver on your network.

It wasn't for me, but I thank you!!
post #365 of 2949 Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVH View Post

Then try going to the setup menu, input, choose radio, press up on the remote.

Thankyou. Thankyou. Just what I was looking for...
post #366 of 2949 Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks krik.
I ran a cable to my system last summer so I'm all set.
Thanks again.
post #367 of 2949 Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuax View Post

Recently received my 1010 and the sub out is nowhere near what my previous receiver did. I have turned everything up in the receiver and on the sub and still get nowhere near the sound I had.

With the previous receiver I set the sub to -15db I have put it up to +12, changed the YPAO results manually from -10db to 0db. (side note) YPAO set my sub to 160hz?? Reason I am thinking an issue with the sub out.

Is it possibly bad sub outputs from the receiver? I tired both sub-outs and a new Monoprice cable.

The only other thing it could be is the sub, but seems unlikely since I only replaced the receiver. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Possibly you have the gain control on the sub itself too high during calibration. This will throw everything out, and the other channels will be boosted to catch up, making your sub even quieter in comparison. What I read before, and did myself, was to keep tweaking the sub's gain control and rerunning YPAO until it returns a 0dB result for the sub channel. This puts everything where it should be for the greatest possible dynamics. Then you can go ahead and add more if you're bass hungry. I'm getting tons of big clean bass from the 1010 at the default calibrated level, but you should have plenty in reserve if you do it this way.

On the strange crossover result, the 1010 has only one crossover setting for all speakers. So if like me you have smaller surrounds than mains, you get a result from YPAO based on how low those can play, with no regard to your bigger, more capable speakers. I reran YPAO with the smaller speakers disconnected just to check what my front three were capable of and now use that number for the crossover. Sounds clearer and more detailed.

I knew about the global crossover before buying, and it does bug me that Yamaha skimped here when they were so generous with everything else, especially when a $300 Denon allows individual crossovers per speaker. But like I said earlier, they've all got their weaknesses and the Yam still came out on top for me.
post #368 of 2949 Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi krik.
Thanks again for the file.
Question: I don't see a tab for the parametric eq like the we have for the RX-V3800 (my current AVR).
Am I correct that the receiver manager software for the 3010 can't be used for that?
Thanks again.
post #369 of 2949 Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 PM
gce

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have all my 7 speakers set to small and the bass crossover to 80Hz. What happens when I switch to Pure Direct on my 810? I know that it only uses the front speakers but are they now full range or are they still set to small with the crossover at 80Hz?
post #370 of 2949 Old 02-14-2012, 03:53 PM

Jumped on a RXA1010 yesterday. First new receiver since buying my RXV2400 like 7 or 8 years ago. Pretty stoked.

Have some new Emptek showing up on Thursday.

Anybody upgraded from the RXV2400? What were some of the big differences in sound? I can't imagine being able to run my HDMIs through my receiver!

RXA1010
Emptek E55 towers
Aperion Audio Center channel and surrounds.
Aperion Audio sub
post #371 of 2949 Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gce View Post

I have all my 7 speakers set to small and the bass crossover to 80Hz. What happens when I switch to Pure Direct on my 810? I know that it only uses the front speakers but are they now full range or are they still set to small with the crossover at 80Hz?

Pure Direct bypasses ALL DSP, including bass management. Your fronts will receive a full range signal.
post #372 of 2949 Old 02-14-2012, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmyname View Post

Hi krik.
Thanks again for the file.
Question: I don't see a tab for the parametric eq like the we have for the RX-V3800 (my current AVR).

Look under the "SP/PreOut Set" tab (I've no idea why they put it there).
post #373 of 2949 Old 02-15-2012, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Look under the "SP/PreOut Set" tab (I've no idea why they put it there).

Great.
Thanks again!
post #374 of 2949 Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 AM
gce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation View Post

Pure Direct bypasses ALL DSP, including bass management. Your fronts will receive a full range signal.

That's what I thought...Thanks!
post #375 of 2949 Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:

I just upgraded my fronts and added presence speakers. So I had to run the YPAO again.

I set my sub to 1/2 Volume, phase at 0 and the freq. at max and made sure the sub is on and not in auto. After running the YPAO I went into manual speaker mod and set all speakers to Small and the Bass Crossover to 80Hz. The YAPO set my sub's level to 0. which is what you want.

I have an A810 and I added Polk RTiA7's for my fronts. I thought I would need an Amp but so far I'm very pleased at how the 810 drives my 7.1 with presence. The presence's really add to the front. A much fuller sound!

As an update: I did change my Klipsch RF-62II's to small instead of large as YPAO made them and WALLA the sub is now working properly. Also, moved the sub x-ver to 80hz. Now I have the sub set at -15db and it sounds great like it use to!

Thanks for the help!
post #376 of 2949 Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 PM

For owners of the RX-A3010 (and A2010), which did you choose to hook up, rear presence or rear surrounds? Page 16 of the manual shows 3 options:

1. Rear Surround + Rear Presence
2. Rear Presence
3. Rear Surround

I don't have an extra set of speakers to do both, so I have to make a choice. I believe the Rear Surrounds would only be active with 7.1 content, and that the Rear Presence would make better use of the Yamaha Cinema DSP modes, so I'm leaning toward option 2.
post #377 of 2949 Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a couple questions for you Aventage owners:

- Can the on screen volume be disabled (it seems you could not on last year's models but I can't find if that changed this year)?

- For 3D menu overlays, can one tell the AVR what kind of 3D source it is displaying or does it rely on inspecting the HDMI signal like the Denons do? I am asking because I'll be playing 3D from a computer in SBS, so the HDMI signal does look like a 2D signal. If I could tell the AVR (just like I tell my projector) that the video is really SBS then it could generate the appropriate overlays. I do not find anything about 3D overlay in the manuals...

- Is it possible to get 7.1 in main zone and stereo (2) in zone2 if one uses pre outs for zone2? The manual seems to show that it is indeed possible but I'd like to double check. Which of the two AVRs allow for control of volume (and maybe bass/treble) on pre outs for zone2?

- How difficult is it to get up to date RS 232 C commands for the Yamahas? It's very easy for the Denons but a Google search did not lead very much for the Yamahas.

Thanks!
post #378 of 2949 Old 02-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Pip

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
On screen volume can be disabled.
post #379 of 2949 Old 02-16-2012, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2000 View Post

For owners of the RX-A3010 (and A2010), which did you choose to hook up, rear presence or rear surrounds? Page 16 of the manual shows 3 options:

1. Rear Surround + Rear Presence
2. Rear Presence
3. Rear Surround

I don't have an extra set of speakers to do both, so I have to make a choice. I believe the Rear Surrounds would only be active with 7.1 content, and that the Rear Presence would make better use of the Yamaha Cinema DSP modes, so I'm leaning toward option 2.

I use Option 2 with the 2010.
post #380 of 2949 Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 AM

Before running YPAO, what volume level and frequency should a sub be set at to allow my a710 to fully control it? Also, the Distance figures it has given have been way off compared to physically measuring the distance. Why?

Kuro owner from Cleveland Plasma.

PSN ID: DaveTheStalker
Add me, but let me know where you're from.

Playing GT5 Prologue (US)
The Drive of Your Life
post #381 of 2949 Old 02-17-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethestalker View Post

Before running YPAO, what volume level and frequency should a sub be set at to allow my a710 to fully control it? Also, the Distance figures it has given have been way off compared to physically measuring the distance. Why?

Covered in the owner's manual, but you should start with the sub's level control set at about 50% or a bit less. Run YPAO and re-adjust the sub till you get a channel level close to "0" after YPAO. The sub's crossover or "freq setting" should be defeated or set to max high.

Aberrant distance settings are usually the result of room reflections, and those should be dealt with before you consider changing the settings in the AVR. Speaker placement, toe-in and room treatments are the way to get rid of reflections.
post #382 of 2949 Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Is anybody driving 4 ohm speakers with either the 2010 or 3010?
post #383 of 2949 Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Covered in the owner's manual, but you should start with the sub's level control set at about 50% or a bit less. Run YPAO and re-adjust the sub till you get a channel level close to "0" after YPAO. The sub's crossover or "freq setting" should be defeated or set to max high.

Aberrant distance settings are usually the result of room reflections, and those should be dealt with before you consider changing the settings in the AVR. Speaker placement, toe-in and room treatments are the way to get rid of reflections.

I am completely new to Yamaha AVRs and just bought an a710. Do I leave the crossover at max even after running YPAO or is it only supposed to be set to max during the YPAO configuration?

Another question I have is the following:

I have my a710 controlling a 5.1 setup in my family room for my TV needs. I also have a home audio system to play music throughout the house. Two of the speakers of the home audio system are in the kitchen which is right next to my family room. I would love to be able to have whatever I'm watching (cable, movies, pandora from the a710) to play to those two speakers as well, yet at the same time retain those speakers' functionality of playing via my home audio system (which uses an older Integra AVR).

Is it possible to setup two amps to the same set of speakers?

Currently I have a connection going via HDMI from my cable box to my Yamaha and then via HDMI onto my TV and I have a RCA connection going from the cable box to my Integra receiver (the home audio one). What I notice is there's a pretty noticeable delay between the speakers connected via the Integra AVR and the speakers connected via the a710.

Short of wiring those two extra speakers to my a710 (and disconnecting them from the Integra home audio system) is there any other way I can have sound from the cable box on those speaker without a delay?

Thank you for any help you can provide me!

Thank you!
post #384 of 2949 Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 PM

Just got a 1010. When I run the test tones, the center speaker sounds very thin-- not a full rich white noise. Checked connections-- ok. Checked speaker itself - ok. Checked size --ok. What could be causing this? Some sound fields sound really bad, too, especially when watching TV via HDMI thru AV1.
post #385 of 2949 Old 02-24-2012, 08:14 AM
gce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehan View Post

I am completely new to Yamaha AVRs and just bought an a710. Do I leave the crossover at max even after running YPAO or is it only supposed to be set to max during the YPAO configuration?

Run your YPAO. Then go into the Manual Speaker setup and change all your speakers to Small (if there at Large). Then set your Bass Cross Over to 80Hz.

Remember for your sub, set the freq. to max and the volume to half before you start and you should be good to go.
post #386 of 2949 Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 AM
gce

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdang View Post

Just got a 1010. When I run the test tones, the center speaker sounds very thin-- not a full rich white noise. Checked connections-- ok. Checked speaker itself - ok. Checked size --ok. What could be causing this? Some sound fields sound really bad, too, especially when watching TV via HDMI thru AV1.

Are your speakers matched and have you run YPAO?
post #387 of 2949 Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:

Run your YPAO. Then go into the Manual Speaker setup and change all your speakers to Small (if there at Large). Then set your Bass Cross Over to 80Hz.

Remember for your sub, set the freq. to max and the volume to half before you start and you should be good to go.

Thank you for responding!

I'm kind of unsure though about what you're recommending. Is there a reason I want all my speakers to be set to small, even if YPAO detects some as large?

Also, if YPAO sees my bass crossover at 110Hz when I put it to max, do I need to manually adjust that to 80Hz in the setup or do I just put my sub's crossover level down to 80 and leave it at 110Hz in the YPAO configuration?

Thank you!
post #388 of 2949 Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Thanks for input. Sure glad this thread is here. Long, true, but darn well worth it. Turned out problem was in banana plug, of all things. Sure glad it was in the wires and not the1010!
post #389 of 2949 Old 02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
gce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehan View Post

Thank you for responding!

I'm kind of unsure though about what you're recommending. Is there a reason I want all my speakers to be set to small, even if YPAO detects some as large?

Also, if YPAO sees my bass crossover at 110Hz when I put it to max, do I need to manually adjust that to 80Hz in the setup or do I just put my sub's crossover level down to 80 and leave it at 110Hz in the YPAO configuration?

Thank you!

Read this article, maybe it'll help you undestand. http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics...es/128214.html
post #390 of 2949 Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Read this article, maybe it'll help you undestand. http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics...es/128214.html

Thank you! That was a very informative read.

The only question I have left unanswered is, should I manually change my YPAO configuration to 80Hz for my sub if YPAO detects it at 100 or 110Hz? I will put the sub's crossover dial to 80Hz but am unsure if I also need to set it to 80Hz in the receiver's on-screen setup.

Thank you!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A710bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A3010 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread - A2010 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page