The "official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A710/810/1010/2010/3010 thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 2909 Old 02-24-2012, 11:02 AM
gce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehan View Post

Thank you! That was a very informative read.

The only question I have left unanswered is, should I manually change my YPAO configuration to 80Hz for my sub if YPAO detects it at 100 or 110Hz? I will put the sub's crossover dial to 80Hz but am unsure if I also need to set it to 80Hz in the receiver's on-screen setup.

Thank you!

The dial on the sub should be maxed out (120hz or more whatever your sub goes to) and YES change you Bass cross over to 80Hz in the Yamaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 2909 Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:

Thank you! That was a very informative read.

The only question I have left unanswered is, should I manually change my YPAO configuration to 80Hz for my sub if YPAO detects it at 100 or 110Hz? I will put the sub's crossover dial to 80Hz but am unsure if I also need to set it to 80Hz in the receiver's on-screen setup.

Thank you!

Leave your sub's crossover set at max, or disabled, at all times. The crossover is set ONLY in the AVR. Try it at 80 and at 100 and use whichever sounds best to you.
post #393 of 2909 Old 02-25-2012, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi guys (and a few girls), is there anyone who paired their Yammie with Jamo speakers and how do you like them. How's Jamo for dedicated HT use?

Thank you,
Will
post #394 of 2909 Old 02-25-2012, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I am having another issue with my fathers 1010. When we are playing blu ray discs, there is sound coming from the surrounds (5.1 setup) but we are not hearing any separation or directionality / surround effects in the rear speakers. I have been trying to modify the settings but haven't figured it out. Will the 1010 pick the correct sound mode based on how the blu ray is coded or do we have to fix this manually?
post #395 of 2909 Old 02-25-2012, 08:39 AM

Hi all, just registered

It seems like there is quite a few happy Yamaha owners here, and I have a question regarding my new rx-a1010. I was looking to stream my homerecorded videos through my recievers, but I can't get it to work. I have no trouble streaming musicthrough the media server, but can't get my videos to work.

Anyone have an idea why, or is it simply not possible? Shouldn't I be able to put video through the DLNA like I do though a playstation or similar? When navigating on screen it sees the files, but it's greyed out for some reason.

Any help would be much appreciated Thank's in advance.
post #396 of 2909 Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 AM

Also another noob question (I'm new to av/recievers). I have connected a playstation to the yamaha through the AV1 and I have taken a hdmi cabel from the HDMI-out to the TV. All plays well except for the TV, that doesn't send sound or picture through the reciever and I'm not sure I understand why that is. The sound still plays from the tv, but the playstation goes nicely through the reciever.

What it means is that when pressing the "on screen" button on the remote nothing pops up on the tv, and I have pressed the tv-button and it shows "tv-viewing" on the panel. Anyone knows why that is?
post #397 of 2909 Old 02-25-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leth81 View Post

Hi all, just registered

It seems like there is quite a few happy Yamaha owners here, and I have a question regarding my new rx-a1010. I was looking to stream my homerecorded videos through my recievers, but I can't get it to work. I have no trouble streaming musicthrough the media server, but can't get my videos to work.

Anyone have an idea why, or is it simply not possible? Shouldn't I be able to put video through the DLNA like I do though a playstation or similar? When navigating on screen it sees the files, but it's greyed out for some reason.

Any help would be much appreciated Thank's in advance.

Don't believe any AVR's stream video,use your TV or blu-ray to stream video.
Old Mike
post #398 of 2909 Old 02-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf15 View Post

Don't believe any AVR's stream video,use your TV or blu-ray to stream video.
Old Mike

Cheers, I had the feeling, but thought I'd see if I could cut out the middle man so to speak

Now I just need to figure out how to send spotify to it
post #399 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Hey guys,

My brother has an RX-A710 and asked me a question last night that I couldn't answer (only ever had Denon and Integra receivers.....nothing against Yamaha). He was wondering if his receiver has an option similar to Dynamic Volume with Audyssey equipped receivers.....a setting that normalizes volume during programs so it doesn't jump up and down (i.e. - when a loud commercial comes on during a soft volume show). Or is there a specific sound setting for night time listening, as he has been getting complaints from his neighbor (apartment) due to these volume spikes late at night.

Thanks!
post #400 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post

Hey guys,

My brother has an RX-A710 and asked me a question last night that I couldn't answer (only ever had Denon and Integra receivers.....nothing against Yamaha). He was wondering if his receiver has an option similar to Dynamic Volume with Audyssey equipped receivers.....a setting that normalizes volume during programs so it doesn't jump up and down (i.e. - when a loud commercial comes on during a soft volume show). Or is there a specific sound setting for night time listening, as he has been getting complaints from his neighbor (apartment) due to these volume spikes late at night.

Thanks!

I have the RX-A1010. On the remote control hit Option, then scroll down to Adaptive DRC, hit enter and then turn it on.

I hope his receiver has that option too.
post #401 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

I have the RX-A1010. On the remote control hit Option, then scroll down to Adaptive DRC, hit enter and then turn it on.

I hope his receiver has that option too.

Awesome, thanks. I'll pass this along to him and see what he says.
post #402 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 01:13 PM

Liked: 19
Hi guys, I have the RX-710 and my setup in my family room is such that my center channel speakers are in the same wall as my TV, pointing towards the sitting area, whereas all my other speakers are in-ceiling.

When I'm watching TV, if I use straight mode, only my front left, front right, and subwoofer are activated. Since my FL and FR are in the ceiling, I don't think I'm getting optimal sound for dialog.

Is there a way I can get FL, FR, and Center channel to play with sub without the SL, SR, SBL, and SBR to play?

Thanks!
post #403 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 01:44 PM
gce

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Hi guys, I have the RX-710 and my setup in my family room is such that my center channel speakers are in the same wall as my TV, pointing towards the sitting area, whereas all my other speakers are in-ceiling.

When I'm watching TV, if I use straight mode, only my front left, front right, and subwoofer are activated. Since my FL and FR are in the ceiling, I don't think I'm getting optimal sound for dialog.

Is there a way I can get FL, FR, and Center channel to play with sub without the SL, SR, SBL, and SBR to play?

Thanks!

If your not getting DD from your TV/Channel you'll only get FL/FR/SW. Push your Movie button on your remote for a DSP program. I use Standard for most TV that is not broadcast in DD.
post #404 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:

Also another noob question (I'm new to av/recievers). I have connected a playstation to the yamaha through the AV1 and I have taken a hdmi cabel from the HDMI-out to the TV. All plays well except for the TV, that doesn't send sound or picture through the reciever and I'm not sure I understand why that is. The sound still plays from the tv, but the playstation goes nicely through the reciever.

What it means is that when pressing the "on screen" button on the remote nothing pops up on the tv, and I have pressed the tv-button and it shows "tv-viewing" on the panel. Anyone knows why that is?

Is your cable box connected directly to the tv or to e receiver?
post #405 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 PM

A1010 little confused on the phono input, manual does not say much. Do I need a turntable with a preamp, or is the a preamp not necessary when using the phono input.
Have not messed with a turntable for about 40 years. Last turntable I had was hooked into a Sansui 5000,until the kids wrecked it about 35 years ago. You should have seen what they did to my Akai 10" reel to reel. The little buggers are all grown up now so I can safely have my toys,or can I,one grand kid so far.
Thanks
Old Mike
post #406 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

A1010 little confused on the phono input, manual does not say much. Do I need a turntable with a preamp, or is the a preamp not necessary when using the phono input.
Have not messed with a turntable for about 40 years. Last turntable I had was hooked into a Sansui 5000,until the kids wrecked it about 35 years ago. You should have seen what they did to my Akai 10" reel to reel. The little buggers are all grown up now so I can safely have my toys,or can I,one grand kid so far.
Thanks
Old Mike

I'm with ya. Checked the manual and you're correct they are pretty vague on the requirements. I even went to the trouble shooting guide to see if there was anything there. No dice. I would say that if your phono player has RCA outs I would connect them and give it a shot. You might want to contact Yamaha support and see if they can provide some guidance.

Good luck.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #407 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 PM

I have just checked Yamaha support FAQ and found nothing on the phono input or turntable connections. Sent them a question on this. Will report the answer when I get one.
Old Mike
post #408 of 2909 Old 02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
KVH

If your RCVR has a phono input you do not need a preamp. If it does not, you will need a preamp.
post #409 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVH View Post

If your RCVR has a phono input you do not need a preamp. If it does not, you will need a preamp.

The Yamaha phono input is good for MM cartridges but if one plans on using an MC cartridge then an outboard pre-amp will be needed.
post #410 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation View Post

The Yamaha phono input is good for MM cartridges but if one plans on using an MC cartridge then an outboard pre-amp will be needed.

Thanks makes sense now, it will be a MM cartridge.
Old Mike
post #411 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:

Thanks
Old Mike

In my experience you need a RIAA component either by a built in in the turntable or you need to by a RIAA preamp and connect it. I have done the later, and it works, before that I didn't get the correct sound. And I have a MM cartridge.
post #412 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 AM

A question I can't quite figure out.

If I want my a1010 to play music from one source, but I want the to send a signal to the tv from a different source, how do I do that?

To be more precise: I want to play music from my media server but I want to play on the playstation meanwhile but it's connected to the a1010. Can I do that, and how? Basically I just want the picture to pass through the reciever.
post #413 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:

To be more precise: I want to play music from my media server but I want to play on the playstation meanwhile but it's connected to the a1010. Can I do that, and how?

Input menu > Video Out (page 95 of the manual). For a network audio source you can select which video input to display.
post #414 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 AM

"In my experience you need a RIAA component either by a built in in the turntable or you need to by a RIAA preamp and connect it. I have done the later, and it works, before that I didn't get the correct sound. And I have a MM cartridge"

Still waiting for an answer from Yamaha. So what is the point of a phono input if it does not have a RIAA preamp built into the inputs. Just so you can have a labeled input.

Reading the back of my printed manual it does say RIAA equalization deviation phono
(20hz to 20khz) +- 0.5 db,so does this mean it does have a preamp with RIAA equalization.
Thanks
Old Mike
post #415 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Input menu > Video Out (page 95 of the manual). For a network audio source you can select which video input to display.

Cheers mate, found it and it works like a charm after I discovered the "screen off" button on the streaming menu
post #416 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:

"In my experience you need a RIAA component either by a built in in the turntable or you need to by a RIAA preamp and connect it. I have done the later, and it works, before that I didn't get the correct sound. And I have a MM cartridge"

Still waiting for an answer from Yamaha. So what is the point of a phono input if it does not have a RIAA preamp built into the inputs. Just so you can have a labeled input.

Reading the back of my printed manual it does say RIAA equalization deviation phono
(20hz to 20khz) +- 0.5 db,so does this mean it does have a preamp with RIAA equalization.
Thanks
Old Mike

I don't think I made myself very clear. It has a built in amp, that you can plug a turntable straight in to, but in my experience you get a better sound by an external amp (preamp).
post #417 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:

I don't think I made myself very clear. It has a built in amp, that you can plug a turntable straight in to, but in my experience you get a better sound by an external amp (preamp).

Well here is a stupid question if it does have a RIAA preamp built into the phono input,and you use a external preamp with the phono inputs then are you not equalizing twice, or are you using a different input.
Old Mike
post #418 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM

Well got an answer from Yamaha support,short and sweet.
"It does have the built in phone pre amp."

Old Mike
post #419 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 01:20 PM

I have a RX-A1010 and every now and then the TV screen blips with a green screen, both with cable box and ps3 do it so dont think its the source?

Anyone else seen or have this problem?

Thanks in advance!
post #420 of 2909 Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
KVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuax View Post

I have a RX-A1010 and every now and then the TV screen blips with a green screen, both with cable box and ps3 do it so dont think its the source?

Anyone else seen or have this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Check your HDMI cables if it does this more than once when changing inputs.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A710bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A3010 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page