The "official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A710/810/1010/2010/3010 thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 2928 Old 04-06-2012, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by aralos1999 View Post

Does the pre-out of the RXA-2010 or 3010 provide enough voltage to drive the Anthem MCA20/50 amps? The specification said pre-out of only 1V which is rather low!

If by drive you mean being able to generate sound it should be fine. Now if you mean being able to achieve max power on your amps then that will depend on the input sensitivity and gain on the amps. 1v (I'm assuming vrms) would be low for separates, but I think it's about the norm for AVRs.

For the most part I don't see why there would be a problem unless you listen at deafening levels. I run my 3010 with a 2-channel and 5-channel amp and don't have any issues. My ears give out long before I reach the point of where I'd be concerned over the preamp clipping before the amps do.

Defeat of Deduct must go over Defense before Detail does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 2928 Old 04-06-2012, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone pitched the 3010 against an Anthem MRX700? I need another HDMI input and the 3010 has this, however I don't want to go backwards in relation to sound quality.

Samsung UA60D6600
Denon AVR 4520
Emotiva XPA-3
Paradigm Signature S6's Piano Black
Paradigm Signature C5 Piano Black
Krix Atmospherix
SVS SB13 Ultra x 2 Piano Black
Samsung BD-F8500
Synology DS214 NAS Drive Dual WD Red 2Tb Drives
post #633 of 2928 Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrienzo View Post

I have the 710 hooked up to our wifi network. With our ipod and the yamaha app, it sees the music on the ipod and will stream it to the 710. With my android phone and yamaha app, it does not see google music. I cant figure how to get the yamaha app to see google.music to play the songs I have downloaded.

What are you doing on the phone to try to get the app to "see google music"? I don't use google music, but I'm assuming there shouldn't be any difference as long as the music files are on the phone. On my DroidX I press the "3 music notes" icon on the upper right just below the "Now Playing" icon. The icon is on the Main screen where you select Zone, Input, DSP, and Scene at the bottom of the screen. This activates the phone as the streaming source. Then from there I scroll right one screen and hit the "Songs" icon on the bottom. That displays all the music on the phone.

post #634 of 2928 Old 04-07-2012, 09:21 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrienzo View Post

I have the 710 hooked up to our wifi network. With our ipod and the yamaha app, it sees the music on the ipod and will stream it to the 710. With my android phone and yamaha app, it does not see google music. I cant figure how to get the yamaha app to see google.music to play the songs I have downloaded.

Mbrienzo, how did you manage the wifi connection? I have had nothing but trouble, possibly because I'm on Uverse. I've tried two different techniques and equipment, but am getting nowhere. My Apple tv is in the same cabinet as the 1010 and has no problem getting the wifi signal from upstairs. And i dont really need the link, but it just chaps me that i cant get the connection. Any suggestions welcome.
post #635 of 2928 Old 04-07-2012, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post

I am testing the Yamaha 3010 against the 3067-3000 and there is quite a difference in sound quality for movies and music. And I am testing it for bi-amping the front channels and there is a difference as the base is more controlled and it sounds more open and musical, to my ears it is better. My speakers are hard to drive, dali helicon 400 and they are 4ohms

After comparing the both for a week there's not that much of a difference they sound very similar.
So I will just keep the 3067.

AV Denon X5200w POA-T2-T3 power amps, Oppo-103D , PS4, HD JVC DLA-X3 projector, Subs 2 (DIY) fi ht15 subs inuke dsp 6000. Speakers Dali Helicon 400 C200 phantom ikon in wall & 4 phantom kompas 6m in ceiling, Mark grant cables.
post #636 of 2928 Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdang View Post

Mbrienzo, how did you manage the wifi connection? I have had nothing but trouble, possibly because I'm on Uverse. I've tried two different techniques and equipment, but am getting nowhere. My Apple tv is in the same cabinet as the 1010 and has no problem getting the wifi signal from upstairs. And i dont really need the link, but it just chaps me that i cant get the connection. Any suggestions welcome.

I am using uverse as well. I used the trendnet tew 640 or something like that. It is a 4 port wireless bridge. I configured it on my pc then connected the a710 and a dvd player to it with no problems. I can run Pandora or an Ipod for hours over wifi without a problem. I also found a solution to google music but I think it is a backdoor. On my phone I have to copy the google music files over to the music folder and then it sees all the music. I have heard that other wireless bridges will work as well but I have only tried the trendnet version. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
post #637 of 2928 Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 AM

God I just love the RX-A710 especially after my old Sony STR-DG520, its just lightyears ahead.

I am running it with all Polks - Monitor 50's up front, CS2 center, PSW110 sub, OMW3's surrounds and M10's rears, I have never heard these speakers sound so good, mainly run with pure direct playing music and man it sounds so clear....

Movies - it seems to handle all codecs that I have thrown at it so far with a breeze and imho have a better sound than what you get at the movie theatres.

Maybe I am easy to please but hey I tossed and turned trying to decide between this and the RX-V671, lets just say I am quite pleased with my decision.
post #638 of 2928 Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 AM

I'm on U verse No trouble connecting
post #639 of 2928 Old 04-08-2012, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconxr6 View Post

Has anyone pitched the 3010 against an Anthem MRX700? I need another HDMI input and the 3010 has this, however I don't want to go backwards in relation to sound quality.

3010s sound quality will match the anthem... I've heard an mrx500 and nothing jumped out at me that said buy me. I think the only time you will begin to hear differences is when your talking separates and even then, it's subjective. Your speakers are the biggest game changer.

You can run the 3010 straight with no processing or use the dsp's to change up the sound a little bit.
post #640 of 2928 Old 04-08-2012, 08:40 PM

Can the 3010 be used in a 5.1 speaker system?
post #641 of 2928 Old 04-08-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanast View Post

Can the 3010 be used in a 5.1 speaker system?

Yes.
post #642 of 2928 Old 04-08-2012, 09:20 PM

How would you power assign the amp for 5.1 system ?The built-in seven channel amplifier can be programmed to power various speaker configurations , but I do not see a five channel option.
post #643 of 2928 Old 04-08-2012, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanast View Post

How would you power assign the amp for 5.1 system ?The built-in seven channel amplifier can be programmed to power various speaker configurations , but I do not see a five channel option.

Unless you have speaker cable connected to a speaker on the Aventage receiver, it shuts down the amp for that channel. When I disable my rear surrounds for multi channel music (because they are mirage omd5's not timbre matched to the rest of my paradigms) the speaker section goes grey in the GUI menu. Only way to make them active is if the receiver senses the speakers connected to the receiver.

I have an 11.2 system for HT and a 9.2 for multi channel music. Front 5 channels are driven off an xpa5 amp.
post #644 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 04:16 AM

I just bought a pair dynaudio excite x32 that i really love..
Now i have the Marantz sr 7005 and i really don`t like the Marantz
playing music in 2 channels..the pure direct is terrible..
I play music 75 % and movies 25 but NOT Loud..mostly jazz/acoustic stuff
Would the yamaha line be better with music and what model would you recommend to me?
Thanks a zillion billion from Sweden!
Janne J
post #645 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 05:37 AM

Liked: 11
Hooked up a new 2010 yesterday and I'm very pleased with everything thus far EXCEPT how it was involved my sub. I ran YPAO and despite having a dedicated sub, which was detected, it still set my Front L&R to large, and put my sub @ -10db. However, with tests I am unable to get any real bass at all from it (even after switch my mains to small). I did as suggested in teh manual and reversed the phase which helped a little and even used the bass boost (or whatever they call it). Still not much.

I've seen some mentions in this thread about using a seperate EQ for your sub, but after dropping over a 1000$ on the avr it is not feasible to spend another 450 - 500 on the recommended Anti-Mode EQ.

Can anyone point me towards some "required" reading for tweaking sub EQ, etc manually using the manual EQ ability in the 2010 or show me a cheaper reliable alternative to the Anti-mode?

-signed,
post #646 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itallushrt View Post

Hooked up a new 2010 yesterday and I'm very pleased with everything thus far EXCEPT how it was involved my sub. I ran YPAO and despite having a dedicated sub, which was detected, it still set my Front L&R to large, and put my sub @ -10db. However, with tests I am unable to get any real bass at all from it (even after switch my mains to small). I did as suggested in teh manual and reversed the phase which helped a little and even used the bass boost (or whatever they call it). Still not much.

I've seen some mentions in this thread about using a seperate EQ for your sub, but after dropping over a 1000$ on the avr it is not feasible to spend another 450 - 500 on the recommended Anti-Mode EQ.

Can anyone point me towards some "required" reading for tweaking sub EQ, etc manually using the manual EQ ability in the 2010 or show me a cheaper reliable alternative to the Anti-mode?

-signed,

I just went through the same thing. Run ypao with sub off. After switch your speakers back to small and turn on sub. You will have bass again!! Adjust sub from there. You can save it all in peq.
post #647 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by itallushrt View Post

-signed,

No matter what brand of AVR or what auto-setup, they are not perfect.
Change your mains to small and raise the sub level to zero. Then have a listen. If still not enough bass, then increase the sub a bit more.
post #648 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysteven View Post

I just went through the same thing. Run ypao with sub off. After switch your speakers back to small and turn on sub. You will have bass again!! Adjust sub from there. You can save it all in peq.

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD View Post

No matter what brand of AVR or what auto-setup, they are not perfect.
Change your mains to small and raise the sub level to zero. Then have a listen. If still not enough bass, then increase the sub a bit more.

thanks.
post #649 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumskolan View Post

I just bought a pair dynaudio excite x32 that i really love..
Now i have the Marantz sr 7005 and i really don`t like the Marantz
playing music in 2 channels..the pure direct is terrible..
I play music 75 % and movies 25 but NOT Loud..mostly jazz/acoustic stuff
Would the yamaha line be better with music and what model would you recommend to me?
Thanks a zillion billion from Sweden!
Janne J

Interesting. I have an AV7005 and just picked up the 3010 a few weeks ago. While I'm loving the 3010 for HT, I much prefer the AV7005 for music, especially in Pure Direct mode as I prefer 2-channel and no sub. On the other hand, I'm not crazy about Pure Direct on the 3010. With music, I run the 3010 with YPAO-Natural in stereo mode and the fronts set to full range and no sub. This sounds much better to me than Pure Direct on the 3010, although with the AV7005 I was the opposite and couldn't stand Audyssey enabled with 2-channel listening. I still prefer the 7005 overall with music in Pure Direct as it sounds smoother and, well - silkier - to me. I listen to mostly smooth jazz, soft/folk rock, and classical. I guess this is an example of system synergy and listening preferences.

post #650 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 AM

I posted this on the model-specific thread, but someone told me I would get better answers here. Tried searching, but apologies if my questions are already answered. --------->

Hello all. I purchased a Yamaha RX-A810 receiver several weeks ago, and I absolutely love the unit, with the exception of two issues I am having.

1. I am currently set up in the main living room with a 5.1 setup with the addition of two front presence speakers. I love the way this sounds, but I now have realized (after spending a whole day wiring everything through the wall, etc.) that I cannot run zone 2 if I want to keep my front presence speakers. I had assumed before that if I wasn't running the rear surround channels, that zone 2 would still work. My front presence speakers are high quality small 5" woofer bookshelf speakers and they are set to small speaker size. My main front speakers are larger speakers and are set to large in the receiver's settings. My question is what would happen if I daisy-chained together the front presence speakers and the main front speakers, thus freeing up my zone 2 speaker outputs. I am not worried about blowing the smaller speakers, but I am worried about running two speakers per channel, with respect to OHM loads, etc. I am very disappointed that this receiver cannot use the surround back L&R channels' outputs to reassign to zone two. I would be fine if it would turn off the front presence speakers if zone 2 was enabled. It would be nice if, when a user wants to use front presence speakers INSTEAD of rear surround, they could still have a zone 2 setup. Am I missing something here?

2. I am having exhaustive troubles getting my WIN7 64-bit WMP to stream to my receiver. I don't think this is a receiver problem, but I am wondering if anyone else has this issue? I have gone through just about every single Microsoft forum and tutorial, and also have run MS's repair tools, etc. I have uninstalled WMP and re installed completely. Doing that works temporarily, and then after one use, my WMP crashes again. In fact, my WMP won't work at all if I have told it to stream over the network. Also, another thing I want to be able to do is listen to Spotify and other audio that is on my computer...not just stuff in WMP's library. Are there other media player softwares out there that will work with the Yamaha rx a810? Or is it only set up for MSWMP? Will I have to buy some sort of external streaming device?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
post #651 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooperstyle View Post

I posted this on the model-specific thread, but someone told me I would get better answers here. Tried searching, but apologies if my questions are already answered. --------->

Hello all. I purchased a Yamaha RX-A810 receiver several weeks ago, and I absolutely love the unit, with the exception of two issues I am having.

1. I am currently set up in the main living room with a 5.1 setup with the addition of two front presence speakers. I love the way this sounds, but I now have realized (after spending a whole day wiring everything through the wall, etc.) that I cannot run zone 2 if I want to keep my front presence speakers. I had assumed before that if I wasn't running the rear surround channels, that zone 2 would still work. My front presence speakers are high quality small 5" woofer bookshelf speakers and they are set to small speaker size. My main front speakers are larger speakers and are set to large in the receiver's settings. My question is what would happen if I daisy-chained together the front presence speakers and the main front speakers, thus freeing up my zone 2 speaker outputs. I am not worried about blowing the smaller speakers, but I am worried about running two speakers per channel, with respect to OHM loads, etc. I am very disappointed that this receiver cannot use the surround back L&R channels' outputs to reassign to zone two. I would be fine if it would turn off the front presence speakers if zone 2 was enabled. It would be nice if, when a user wants to use front presence speakers INSTEAD of rear surround, they could still have a zone 2 setup. Am I missing something here?

2. I am having exhaustive troubles getting my WIN7 64-bit WMP to stream to my receiver. I don't think this is a receiver problem, but I am wondering if anyone else has this issue? I have gone through just about every single Microsoft forum and tutorial, and also have run MS's repair tools, etc. I have uninstalled WMP and re installed completely. Doing that works temporarily, and then after one use, my WMP crashes again. In fact, my WMP won't work at all if I have told it to stream over the network. Also, another thing I want to be able to do is listen to Spotify and other audio that is on my computer...not just stuff in WMP's library. Are there other media player softwares out there that will work with the Yamaha rx a810? Or is it only set up for MSWMP? Will I have to buy some sort of external streaming device?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

The only thing I can think of isusing an external switch to go between front p and zone two
post #652 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysteven View Post

The only thing I can think of isusing an external switch to go between front p and zone two

I was hoping to not have to do that, but it is certainly a viable option....thanks!

Anybody else have any workarounds for this?
post #653 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Alright, so I have had the rx-a2010 just over a week now and I listen to a lot of music, but its killing me having these tower speakers that I love and could listen to w/o my sub before if I wanted, to just being disappointed, no full range. I have gone thru the YPAO setup, (only running 7 speaks, 4 towers). I understand the extra bass function should just be for the front speaks, i just dont here it, turning up the bass just doesnt do it, and if I have to get that back with the EQ i'm sure i'd make it sound worse. I read the bit about STRAIGHT mode that applies to 2 channel, would that also apply to the 9 channel stereo as well? Not related but I also have tried running the front's bi-amped, I didn't hear any difference. Is it worth even leaving setup like that? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated, not quite as simple as my old r1000 to work with.
post #654 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr350 View Post

Alright, so I have had the rx-a2010 just over a week now and I listen to a lot of music, but its killing me having these tower speakers that I love and could listen to w/o my sub before if I wanted, to just being disappointed, no full range. I have gone thru the YPAO setup, (only running 7 speaks, 4 towers). I understand the extra bass function should just be for the front speaks, i just dont here it, turning up the bass just doesnt do it, and if I have to get that back with the EQ i'm sure i'd make it sound worse. I read the bit about STRAIGHT mode that applies to 2 channel, would that also apply to the 9 channel stereo as well? Not related but I also have tried running the front's bi-amped, I didn't hear any difference. Is it worth even leaving setup like that? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated, not quite as simple as my old r1000 to work with.

Do you have the L/R set to large? As with pure direct the sub is off; If set to full range, you should get all the bass.

Straight
2-channel stereo sources are output from only the front left and right speakers while multi-channel sources are decoded straight into the appropriate channels without any additional effect processing

Pure Direct
turns off the surround and tone circuitry, and dims the front panel display, allowing sources to bypass the decoders and DSP processors of this unit so you can enjoy pure hi-fi sound from 2-channel analog sources. During Direct playback no sound is output from the subwoofer
post #655 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
gce

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

Pure Direct should run just your front's at full Range, if that's what you're taking about.
post #656 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 04:18 PM

Yes, they are set to large. I'm assuming W/ Straight additional effect processing includes tone control?
post #657 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

So why don't you go back to speaker setup, manual and set the speakers to small, then drop the crossover settings to.40hz? Makes a big difference on my towers.
post #658 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Now that I could do, one would think that large would be large, but who knows....
post #659 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
gce

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes, they are set to large. I'm assuming W/ Straight additional effect processing includes tone control?

You can have you fronts set to Small. When you use Pure Direct The YPAO is off and you get Full Range from your fronts (Large). When you use Straight your fronts will stay as Small but you also get your Sub in the mix.
post #660 of 2928 Old 04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Problem is when you set your fronts to large, ypao tries to force the sub volume output lower. So how your trick it is set the mains to small and change the xover setting.

When I auditioned my Studio 100s, they sounded awesome. A glorious full range speaker. When mine finally got delivered, my crisp new 3010 was waiting for them to be hooked up. The second I got them hooked up, I looked at the 3010 cross eyed for screwing up how they are supposed to sound.

So after about 2 hours and various spl readings, I narrowed it down to ypao. The second I began the xover game, the speakers came to life. With the mains set to large, the spl dropped on the subs by 12 db. I was like, wtf man!

You could also re-run ypao with the sub disconnected. Then when done, turn the Sub back on. You should see it set to zero on the setup screen, from there you can add or subtract db to the sub to fine tune it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A710bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A3010 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread - A2010 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page