Sony MDR-DS7500 - World's first HDMI lossless 7.1 surround decoder/headphones - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 397 Old 07-20-2014, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Enjoying the head phones but still getting drop outs. Any advice on a where to have the unit and what band width to go for to stop this happening? Does it make a difference having the unit behind/in front of you or on top of other electrical items...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 397 Old 07-23-2014, 03:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Looking to buy a pair of the new 9.1 cans, but I need to know one thing: Is there a decent/somewhat comfortable way to wear 3D glasses when using these?

post #393 of 397 Old 07-23-2014, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
Looking to buy a pair of the new 9.1 cans, but I need to know one thing: Is there a decent/somewhat comfortable way to wear 3D glasses when using these?
I have the original pair (the DS7500), but I use them constantly, and sometimes with 3D.

For me, I put the glasses on first, then put on the headphones. I have a couple different types of 3D glasses; you'll want ones with the thinnest possible plastic at the point above your ear (I guess, according to google, that's called the "temples"?). Reason being, the headphones won't fully "seal" around your ear, because the plastic of the 3D glasses is in the way, slightly.

I find that by the end of a long 3D movie, I have an indentation above each ear where the headphones were pushing the temples portion of the glasses against my head.

All this being said, it's definitely doable. It is only slightly uncomfortable, IMO. To be able to watch 3D movies late at night without disturbing anyone, it's worth it to me.
gamermwm likes this.

Epson 5020UB (won on AVSForum!) on Elite Sable 16:9 100", Oppo BDP-83 & 93 (ISO firmware), Dune HD Base 3.0, Darblet, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
post #394 of 397 Old 08-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have it hooked up between the avr and the tv. It works just like it did before, so nothing new for the wife to worry about. It is essentially invisible.

The headphones only come on when I put them on my head. They go off a minute after I put them down. There is no disruption on the tv when this happens.

The only issue that has come up is the input button on the bottom of the cans. My wife hit that once by mistake. This is the input select for the dsp. She was pretty upset that she couldn't figure out how get it back. Mad a t me that is.

I have had them about two months and am pretty happy with the purchase. It is no substitute for a real surround sound system at volume, but works well for my situation, and for people that just aren't able to turn things up.
post #395 of 397 Old 08-04-2014, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
I wear regular glasses without noticing discomfort. The thicker 3d ones are uncomfortable after awhile. I don't see any way around that.
gamermwm likes this.
post #396 of 397 Old 08-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Chris View Post
I wear regular glasses without noticing discomfort. The thicker 3d ones are uncomfortable after awhile. I don't see any way around that.
Thanks. My only other concern was how I am going to set this up and route my hdmi sources. I really didn't want everything going thru the headphone receiver as I like switching inputs on my AVR as is. And I don't want to route from my Denon AVR to the headphone receiver and have to rely on passthrough and hope for no interference in the signal. I'm all for passing as clean a signal as possible unmolested without going through multiple channels so my solution was this: I narrowed down what I will actually use the headphones for to my bluray player and my PS4. The bluray player has two hdmi OUTS so one will go to my Denon AVR as always and the other straight to the MDR

I found myself wishing all my devices had dual HDMI OUT hookups for the same setup as the bluray player, which gave me an idea. So for the PS4 I found a self powered (1 in 2 HDMI out) mini switcher (with an optional power cord) for around twenty four bucks on monoprice:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
I will probably get another one for the Wii U as well since it's pretty cheap. I'm sure there are people on this thread with other setups using more expensive swiches than what I will end up paying in the end to go dual out on everything

post #397 of 397 Old 08-23-2014, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is there any way to change the input of the Sony MDR-HW700DS using BRAVIA Sync/HDMI CEC. Don't want to have to switch inputs when not using the headphones by manually pressing a button on the unit.

Perhaps the Harmony remote with Wi-Fi can do this?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Sony Wireless Digital Sorround Headphones System Mdr Ds7500 , Sony Wireless Stereo Surround Headphone System Mdr Ds7100 Japan Import
Gear in this thread - Ds7500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page