Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post

So what is the new reduced price?
It depends on what your dealer will sell one for.
But the price reduction is substantial.
I'd say you should be able to buy a new unit for about the same price or less than a Marantz SR7800.
I'd contact a couple local dealers and let them know you heard of a price reduction and see where things end up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4282 Old 06-12-2014, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 35
What is the best price out there for the 80.3

Paul
post #4263 of 4282 Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 293
When is the new one out?
post #4264 of 4282 Old 06-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

With all this talk of Dolby Atmos, I hope Integra/Onkyo will provide the DHC 80.3 with a FW up-grade making it Dolby Atmos capable. There is enough "horsepower under the hood", so to speak, that it is possible.

Thoughts????

Paul
Cigarjohn47 likes this.
post #4265 of 4282 Old 06-27-2014, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Wink Nothing to surpass the Integra DHC-80.3 for 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidefpaul View Post
With all this talk of Dolby Atmos, I hope Integra/Onkyo will provide the DHC 80.3 with a FW up-grade making it Dolby Atmos capable. There is enough "horsepower under the hood", so to speak, that it is possible.

Thoughts????

Paul
I totally agree with you. This year, Integra didn't introduce a more advanced model that usually surpasses the DHC-80.3. Not even a DHC-80.4. So they should produce some type of a firmware update to utilize the new Dolby Atmos format to those who may need that feature. It's the least they should do.
post #4266 of 4282 Old 06-27-2014, 12:55 PM

Question

Quote:
What is the best price out there for the 80.3

Paul

DHC or DTR?
post #4267 of 4282 Old 06-27-2014, 09:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Thoughts????

Paul
Dream on, as that is no doubt not going to happen.
post #4268 of 4282 Old 06-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

^ I thought as much......I don't know about you Johnla, but there is no way I am spending more money on a new AVR or pre pro that is Dolby Atmos enabled. Now, if they were able to provide us with a FW up-grade to allow Dolby Atmos (DA) I would certainly consider maybe adding 4 ceiling speakers to my existing 5.1 set up.
If these companies were smart they would do so, at least they would sell more speakers.

Paul
post #4269 of 4282 Old 06-30-2014, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Man that would be nice if the Integra could be upgraded like the above have mentioned but they would not make any money that way. I have been very satisfied thus far with mine and to be honest my room is not set up to support Atmos it would be crazy overkill to start adding additional speakers.
post #4270 of 4282 Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarjohn47 View Post
I totally agree with you. This year, Integra didn't introduce a more advanced model that usually surpasses the DHC-80.3. Not even a DHC-80.4. So they should produce some type of a firmware update to utilize the new Dolby Atmos format to those who may need that feature. It's the least they should do.
The DHC-80.6 will be out this year with Atmos.
post #4271 of 4282 Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 AM

That's nice to hear. The last electronic show in January, they didn't have any plans on upgrading the DHC-80.3. I'm glad they are.
post #4272 of 4282 Old 07-01-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez View Post
The DHC-80.6 will be out this year with Atmos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarjohn47 View Post
That's nice to hear. The last electronic show in January, they didn't have any plans on upgrading the DHC-80.3. I'm glad they are.
Yes, but with AccuEQ...

I personally will either switch to D&M with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 or wait for next gen Atmos pre-pros to become available with more capabilities than are currently being touted.
post #4273 of 4282 Old 07-02-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post
Yes, but with AccuEQ...

I personally will either switch to D&M with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 or wait for next gen Atmos pre-pros to become available with more capabilities than are currently being touted.
The reason that Onkyo/Integra gave for going away from Audyssey is that it downsamples hi-res multi-channel audio in order to do real-time processing. I don't know if that is an issue with Audyssey or with the DSPs and processors that Onkyo/Integra chose to use.
post #4274 of 4282 Old 07-02-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The reason that Onkyo/Integra gave for going away from Audyssey is that it downsamples hi-res multi-channel audio in order to do real-time processing. I don't know if that is an issue with Audyssey or with the DSPs and processors that Onkyo/Integra chose to use.
I think that is what they want you to believe as a consumer. OTOH, could Onkyo/Integra's decision to drop Audyssey be due to the massive amount of processing power required to have an Audyssey XT32 and Atmos combo setup?! I think I read somewhere that D&M have upgraded their DSP hardware to accommodate and we'll likely see higher price points from them as a result.

EDIT: Here's a link to a post I read in the Denon thread regarding Onkyo's decision to abandon Audyssey.

As far as I'm concerned, any EQ system that doesn't touch the mains (L and R actually) and treats the surrounds with only one EQ curve (as AccuEQ is reported to do) is not worth paying less just to get Atmos. With the recent news of the Pio acquisition, perhaps they just needed a stop-gap before MCACC is implemented into their gear?! Like I said before, I think I'll sit this first round out and let the early adopters report on the performance. The whole discussion in the Atmos thread around how the "objects" are being processed (i.e. no angle information with respect to the speaker locations as compared to the cinema implementation of Atmos where the locations are predetermined) is also somewhat concerning for anyone with less than an optimal setup for Atmos.

Last edited by jkasanic; 07-02-2014 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Added link to AVS Post
post #4275 of 4282 Old 07-02-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post
I think that is what they want you to believe as a consumer. OTOH, could Onkyo/Integra's decision to drop Audyssey be due to the massive amount of processing power required to have an Audyssey XT32 and Atmos combo setup?! I think I read somewhere that D&M have upgraded their DSP hardware to accommodate and we'll likely see higher price points from them as a result.

As far as I'm concerned, any EQ system that doesn't touch the mains (L and R actually) and treats the surrounds with only one EQ curve (as AccuEQ is reported to do) is not worth paying less just to get Atmos. With the recent news of the Pio acquisition, perhaps they just needed a stop-gap before MCACC is implemented into their gear?! Like I said before, I think I'll sit this first round out and let the early adopters report on the performance. The whole discussion in the Atmos thread around how the "objects" are being processed (i.e. no angle information with respect to the speaker locations as compared to the cinema implementation of Atmos where the locations are predetermined) is also somewhat concerning for anyone with less than an optimal setup for Atmos.
The other thing that worries me is that the 80.6 will implement a low grade (10.2Gbps) implementation of HDMI 2.0, not the full 18Gbps version, in order to comply with HDCP 2.2 vs HDCP 2.0. We really need a product that will do both. They also do not mention if their network streaming is for stereo only or multichannel. It seems that Onkyo/Integra is taking shortcuts with their flagship processor in this iteration.
post #4276 of 4282 Old 07-02-2014, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The other thing that worries me is that the 80.6 will implement a low grade (10.2Gbps) implementation of HDMI 2.0, not the full 18Gbps version, in order to comply with HDCP 2.2 vs HDCP 2.0. We really need a product that will do both. It seems that Onkyo/Integra is taking shortcuts with their flagship processor in this iteration.
I missed that tidbit. Yet another reason to wait and see how this all plays out. Thanks.
post #4277 of 4282 Old 07-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Folks

Well I just received my DHC 80.3 back from a two week stint at the repair shop; yup it was the infamous HDMI failure (intermittent operation, loss of internet along with grayed-out menus, etc). The Service rep said that the replacement card was the latest edition c/w the most recent software revision.

My unit had about 6 months left on its three year warranty when the problem occurred. Although many people say that the problem is caused by an extreme temperature affecting the solder joints of the BGA chips, in my case I’ve always had a large (noisy) fan just sitting on top of the unit keeping it very cool. The fan is a 120vac unit controlled by a 12 volt trigger output that automatically turns on whenever the system is started, and stays on for another minute after the unit is shutdown.

My first question would be:
What’s different between the older versions of this card and the latest version? Did they add heatsinks or is it an entirely new design or something else?

Second question:
Has anyone heard if this latest version ofthe HDMI card also fails? I’ve read that some replacement cards for the 80.2have failed but does this also affect the 80.3 cards?

Third question:
Will Integra fix it again should it fail outside of the warranty period, and if so, for how long?

Forth question:
Why won’t Integra allow Canadians to access their (American) user internet site, they allow us to use it to register a new unit but after that an owner can’t ask or post questions directly since the site registration process only recognizes US states and not Canadian provinces. Are Canadian owners so different from US owners?

Fifth question, (not problem related, butrather for my information)
Does anyone know if the Audyssey would be defeated should I change any of the speaker levels in the setup menu? I’ve read that if anyone adjusts any of the EQ settings the Audyssey will turn-off, I don’tknow if this is also true for the level settings.

Many Thanks for your comments.

PJC

In a later post I will make some comments on my feelings about the new Dolby Atmos loaded into the upcoming DHC 80.6.

http://integraworldwide.com/nz/products/dhc806/index.htm
post #4278 of 4282 Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am in for a new processor and the Integra 80.6 sounds like a good option. Now being new to Integra as I live in Europe I wonder (and the question has been raised most likely several times) what is the big difference between the Integra and Onkyo units. I would have tonpay a premium for Integra vs. Onkyo of at least 500€! Therefore I really wonder if that would be worth it?
post #4279 of 4282 Old 08-20-2014, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmd View Post
I am in for a new processor and the Integra 80.6 sounds like a good option. Now being new to Integra as I live in Europe I wonder (and the question has been raised most likely several times) what is the big difference between the Integra and Onkyo units. I would have tonpay a premium for Integra vs. Onkyo of at least 500€! Therefore I really wonder if that would be worth it?
I read the service manuals for the 5507/5508/5509/80.2/80.3 (the Onkyo and Integra units share the same manuals), and apart for the fact that the Integras lack the Pure Audio circuit, the only differences (marked as such in the manuals) were a couple of small components, such as capacitors.
There are also front panel (I prefer the Onkyo's) and software (speaker distance precision, 0.2 vs 0.5 ft) differences.
BTW, those manuals show that when you choose the option to have the subwoofer active on analog inputs (I forgot what it's called), a 80Hz low-pass filter is activated.
post #4280 of 4282 Old 08-20-2014, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathes2051 View Post
I read the service manuals for the 5507/5508/5509/80.2/80.3 (the Onkyo and Integra units share the same manuals), and apart for the fact that the Integras lack the Pure Audio circuit, the only differences (marked as such in the manuals) were a couple of small components, such as capacitors.
There are also front panel (I prefer the Onkyo's) and software (speaker distance precision, 0.2 vs 0.5 ft) differences.
BTW, those manuals show that when you choose the option to have the subwoofer active on analog inputs (I forgot what it's called), a 80Hz low-pass filter is activated.
thanks for the answer. What I have been told is that Integra only uses parts at the upper range of the specification, so more or less handselected and that Integra units are all sonically finetuned again manually. This should lead to a different (better ?) sound and to a higher consistency in the units. a lot od companies use handpicking of parts for their higher end gear obviously with additional costs involved and the finetuning I understand is something like a calibration.
Obviously none of this can be found in the service manual but could have an influence on sound quality. Question is if someone ever did an A/B comparison of Onkyo and Integra
post #4281 of 4282 Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmd View Post
Honestly, your best bet is to skip the 80.6 and the Onkyo equivalent. It does not add much to the 80.3 and may even not sound as good
post #4282 of 4282 Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Honestly, your best bet is to skip the 80.6 and the Onkyo equivalent. It does not add much to the 80.3 and may even not sound as good
+1 considering Onkyo/Integra opted to replace Audyssey XT32 with AccuEQ. Will be interesting to see what happens now that they own Pioneer Electronics and with it MCACC technology?!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page