1Likes

post #4291 of 4296 Old 10-23-2014, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidefpaul View Post
With all this talk of Dolby Atmos, I hope Integra/Onkyo will provide the DHC 80.3 with a FW up-grade making it Dolby Atmos capable. There is enough "horsepower under the hood", so to speak, that it is possible.

Thoughts????

Paul

I like this idea, even a paid firmware upgrade would be great. I wouldn't mind paying a substantial amount to have this done.

It looks like if i were to go to Atmos, I probably wouldn't consider the 80.6 as it drops audyssey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 4296 Old 10-23-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Unfortunately, the 80.3 does not have enough horsepower under the hood. Unless, perhaps, you're willing to do without Audyssey. (Not that they'd support that, anyhow. Onkyo wants to sell new equipment and make money.)

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
post #4293 of 4296 Old 10-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
Unfortunately, the 80.3 does not have enough horsepower under the hood. Unless, perhaps, you're willing to do without Audyssey. (Not that they'd support that, anyhow. Onkyo wants to sell new equipment and make money.)
I was just about to reply......that if they were to provide some sort of FW to enable ATMOS it would be at the expense of Audyssey XT32. No thanks!!! They can keep their ATMOS......If and when I up-grade, I will look at Marantz/Denon whom I believe have both Audyssey XT32+ATMOS.

Paul
post #4294 of 4296 Old 10-23-2014, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
well if it doesn't have enough horse power then that's that. I wouldn't also give up Audyssey for it, i would just head out and buy a new unit and it looks like it wont' be Onkyo.

Well making money is one thing. I think if it were possible and Onkyo put out a firmware update for users who paid for it to give you the best of both worlds. They could potentially make more margin vs selling a unit and making less.
post #4295 of 4296 Old 10-23-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by CElee View Post
well if it doesn't have enough horse power then that's that. I wouldn't also give up Audyssey for it, i would just head out and buy a new unit and it looks like it wont' be Onkyo.

Well making money is one thing. I think if it were possible and Onkyo put out a firmware update for users who paid for it to give you the best of both worlds. They could potentially make more margin vs selling a unit and making less.
I doubt very much that they'd even be able to cover the R&D cost of adding Atmos and keeping Audyssey not to mention the fact that it doesn't support their direction on new hardware (i.e. AccuEQ and Atmos).
post #4296 of 4296 Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Anyone here ever have issues with the ethernet port? I noticed that Control4 wasn't controlling the unit, and when I looked in the back the ethernet light wasn't blinking. I swapped out the cable to another device and the cable is ok, and then I connected a working port on the network switch to the 80.3 and the light went out on the switch. I went into setup and I can't connect to the network, so I think my ethernet port is dead.

Anyone experience this?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page