Integra DHC-80.3 - Page 147 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4381 of 4384 Old Today, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Does anyone know if the DHC 80.3 lets you switch the same stereo output that feeds the front speakers in the main system (listening area) to the Zone 2 speaker output jacks. In other words is there a Speaker B output.

All I want to do is listen to HDMI audio sources (in stereo only is fine) such as my Apple TV or BD player over a second set of speakers on my patio.....I do not care if I lose the front L & R speakers in the main listening area, as I will not be running both at the same time.

I looked at the manual and it did state that HDMI sources can't be output to Zone 2....but there has to be a work around of sorts.

Thanks

Paul

5.1 Home Theatre
Pioneer 60" Kuro
Integra DHC 80.3 Pre Amp
Parasound Halo A51 5 Ch Amp
Speakers : Elac's FS-247's (L,C,R SR, SL)
Sub: Velodyne SPLR1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4382 of 4384 Old Today, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidefpaul View Post
Does anyone know if the DHC 80.3 lets you switch the same stereo output that feeds the front speakers in the main system (listening area) to the Zone 2 speaker output jacks. In other words is there a Speaker B output.

All I want to do is listen to HDMI audio sources (in stereo only is fine) such as my Apple TV or BD player over a second set of speakers on my patio.....I do not care if I lose the front L & R speakers in the main listening area, as I will not be running both at the same time.

I looked at the manual and it did state that HDMI sources can't be output to Zone 2....but there has to be a work around of sorts.

Thanks

Paul
You can get an hdmi Y splitter cable/box that takes your single hdmi input and creates 2 outputs. Plug one of the outputs into your hdmi input on your pre/pro. Then attach an hdmi de-embedder (breaks out audio and video feeds) to the other hdmi output. Plug the audio output (RCA jacks) of the de-embedder into another analog input on your pre/pro. This will work fine. The 80.3 will not do a digital to analog conversion for output over zone2 or 3.
post #4383 of 4384 Old Today, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez View Post
You can get an hdmi Y splitter cable/box that takes your single hdmi input and creates 2 outputs. Plug one of the outputs into your hdmi input on your pre/pro. Then attach an hdmi de-embedder (breaks out audio and video feeds) to the other hdmi output. Plug the audio output (RCA jacks) of the de-embedder into another analog input on your pre/pro. This will work fine. The 80.3 will not do a digital to analog conversion for output over zone2 or 3.
Thanks mlknez, that may be worth trying out.

Paul

5.1 Home Theatre
Pioneer 60" Kuro
Integra DHC 80.3 Pre Amp
Parasound Halo A51 5 Ch Amp
Speakers : Elac's FS-247's (L,C,R SR, SL)
Sub: Velodyne SPLR1000
post #4384 of 4384 Old Today, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Here is an item that does what you need in a single box...

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Integra