Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4441 of 4454 Old 05-18-2016, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a 80.3 pre amp.

I was playing a concert video through a media stream and selected AC-3 as the audio on the streamer.

I would expect the 80.3 to display Dolby Digital or AC-3 on the screen, but it didn't. I tried to cycle through all the music and movie modes and it would go through (all channel, Dolby PLiix, direct, orchestra, etc) all the modes, but I could never get it to read "Dolby Digital" or "AC-3" on the Integra?

When I selected "direct" it would only indicate on the Integra Unit display that 2 channels were playing.

How do I get it to recognize the audio as a a Dolby Digital Stream?

Last edited by Diamond Dog; 05-18-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4442 of 4454 Old 05-18-2016, 12:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2684 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
I have a 80.3 pre amp.

I was playing a concert video through a media stream and selected AC-3 as the audio on the streamer.

I would expect the 80.3 to display Dolby Digital or AC-3 on the screen, but it didn't. I tried to cycle through all the music and movie modes and it would go through (all channel, Dolby PLiix, direct, orchestra, etc) all the modes, but I could never get it to read "Dolby Digital" or "AC-3" on the Integra?

When I selected "direct" it would only indicate on the Integra Unit display that 2 channels were playing.

How do I get it to recognize the audio as a a Dolby Digital Stream?
If the incoming signal actually is Dolby Digital and you can hear reasonable sounds, then the Dolby Digital decoder is being used. If the wrong decoder were being used, you'd just hear noise.

It could be that you were misinformed about the type of audio being provided by the streamer. If it's an external media player device, you have to make sure that it's configured to output the appropriate audio signal.

Fortunately, the 80.3 can tell you exactly what kind of audio and video signal it's receiving. When you press on the remote's buttons Receiver followed by Display (not the Listening Mode selection), each press should cause the front panel display to step through several informational displays which include listening mode, incoming signal type and audio and video resolution. See page 45 of the 80.3's owner's manual, which is available at http://redirect.onkyousa.com/redirec...web[1].pdf

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped

Last edited by Selden Ball; 05-18-2016 at 12:57 PM.
post #4443 of 4454 Old 06-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
It's getting hot in the summer. Last night my 80.3 stopped showing spkr icons and i did a reset/clear and it fixed it then today after work same thing but this time no joy with reset/clear. I guess it has died. It is about 4 years old.

B&W 802 Diamond mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center, B&W 804 Diamond surrounds, Parasound HALO A 51, Krell KAV-300i , Integra DHC-80.3 pre-pro, two JL Audio Fathom f113 subs, Panasonic TC-P65VT50 65" plasma
post #4444 of 4454 Old 06-15-2016, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by YooR3 View Post
Hello, I have the dhc 80.3 and 70.1 dta bought used for over a year . Later I have seen in this youtube video that there is a pc software where are additional settings.I already wrote to integra because of the software, but have referred me to dealer. ..

So i call a dealer and asked where I get the software over here in Germany ... answer: we provide support only to customers who have purchased equipment from us . ..

Have now kilometers scrolled on the internet and found nothing where I can download it ...

Did any of you have the pc software , or can one saw me where I can get it here . ..

Here's the video what I mean , fast forward to 4:40 https://youtu.be/9gKzr_k1UsU

And sorry for my google english, i give my best..
Bump.. anybody know where to get the PC software?
post #4445 of 4454 Old 06-30-2016, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I can not log in to the the Sirius XM app on the Integra 80.3

I called them and they said that Sirius XM changed something and they do not have firmware to support Sirius XM streaming directly from the Preamp anymore and they were working on a fix. I told them the last firmware update was 2 years ago!!!

Can anyone verify if this information is true? I can not get past the login screen on the SiriusXM app on the preamp.
post #4446 of 4454 Old 07-02-2016, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
I can not log in to the the Sirius XM app on the Integra 80.3

I called them and they said that Sirius XM changed something and they do not have firmware to support Sirius XM streaming directly from the Preamp anymore and they were working on a fix. I told them the last firmware update was 2 years ago!!!

Can anyone verify if this information is true? I can not get past the login screen on the SiriusXM app on the preamp.
I had email correspondence, months ago, with Onkyo (Integra) support, and they claimed they were "working of a fix" for the 80.3. When I followed up, they said they still did not have a fix and could not give me a timeframe when they would. I personally feel that they're no longer supporting this product. I've given up, and am able to stream Sirius XM from my Roku.

Ron
post #4447 of 4454 Old 07-02-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Audio on HDMI partially dropping out.

A little help with my 80.3.

The audio while connected by HDMI to my Samsung Bluray player or the Directv HD player connected as well by HDMI cuts in/out. Not all the audio but some of the audio. I was considering it was the movie since we rent from Netflix but now it's just too often and since it does this with the Directv player I'm guessing my problem is with the Integra. The Integra is connected to a Samsung plasma TV. The 80.3 is connected to the amps by way of balanced connectors.

When I pause/play it may play fine on parts where the audio didn't play previously. This doesn't seem to be happening until the unit has been on for about an hour.

I do stream Pandora and I've not noticed a problem while listening to Pandora.

Thanks...
post #4448 of 4454 Old 07-02-2016, 05:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongig View Post
A little help with my 80.3.

The audio while connected by HDMI to my Samsung Bluray player or the Directv HD player connected as well by HDMI cuts in/out. Not all the audio but some of the audio. I was considering it was the movie since we rent from Netflix but now it's just too often and since it does this with the Directv player I'm guessing my problem is with the Integra. The Integra is connected to a Samsung plasma TV. The 80.3 is connected to the amps by way of balanced connectors.

When I pause/play it may play fine on parts where the audio didn't play previously. This doesn't seem to be happening until the unit has been on for about an hour.

I do stream Pandora and I've not noticed a problem while listening to Pandora.

Thanks...
What happens to audio from devices that don't use HDMI?

If it's only HDMI devices which have the problem, I'd suspect that the HDMI board is starting to go bad.

However, do make sure that all of the HDMI cables are firmly seated. Press on both ends of all of them, maybe wiggling them just a little. I had a dropout problem which I thought was being caused by a failing BD player, but it turned out that its HDMI cable was making poor contact at the end going into the receiver.

Selden

post #4449 of 4454 Old 07-02-2016, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
What happens to audio from devices that don't use HDMI?

If it's only HDMI devices which have the problem, I'd suspect that the HDMI board is starting to go bad.

However, do make sure that all of the HDMI cables are firmly seated. Press on both ends of all of them, maybe wiggling them just a little. I had a dropout problem which I thought was being caused by a failing BD player, but it turned out that its HDMI cable was making poor contact at the end going into the receiver.
HDMI cables are okay.
post #4450 of 4454 Old 07-02-2016, 07:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongig View Post
HDMI cables are okay.
Then you need to consider contacting Onkyo for repair.

Selden

post #4451 of 4454 Old 08-07-2016, 06:26 PM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Hey guys. Just picked up a 4k Tv. When I set the HDMI resolution in the processor to 4k Upscaling, I get a no signal error on my tv set, and have to switch back to Through or Source.

Anyone using 4k upscaling successfully on this unit?

Side note, it's a shame it doesn't have 4k pass through. Will have to be replaced soon, but I guess that's how these things work!
post #4452 of 4454 Old 08-08-2016, 09:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc View Post
Hey guys. Just picked up a 4k Tv. When I set the HDMI resolution in the processor to 4k Upscaling, I get a no signal error on my tv set, and have to switch back to Through or Source.

Anyone using 4k upscaling successfully on this unit?

Side note, it's a shame it doesn't have 4k pass through. Will have to be replaced soon, but I guess that's how these things work!
This is just a guess, but....

Modern 4K source material requires HDMI V2.0a with HDCP V2.2 copy protection. It could be that your new TV requires them for any 4K input signal. The 80.3 predates those new standards, so its HDMI circuits can't generate or pass them.

Selden

post #4453 of 4454 Old 08-08-2016, 09:51 AM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Thx..odd thing is I was trying it with basic cable as I don't have any HDR players at the moment. The cable box is "4K capable" and has about 4 channels that are broadcasted in 4K, but I wouldn't think that would cause the copyright problem.

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #4454 of 4454 Old 10-12-2016, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hey guys,

I bought the 80.3 when it was first released because of my having owned, and loved, the 80.2.

I'm having a problem using the Audio Return Channel (ARC) after having successfully used it to stream the audio for Pacific Rim from VUDU.

I first posted the information below in the Vizio P65 thread but I suspect that the problem may be with the 80.3 and not the Vizio. Here it is:

"Hoping I can get some advice on an issue possibly involving the use of ARC with the P65. Since I purchased the panel a couple of months ago, I have been really enjoying disc play from the Samsung UHD player, an OPPO 103, and cable thru the X1 platform.

It was only recently that I started using the P65 to cast from an app (VUDU), which necessitated an upgrade to a new router and a wired Ethernet connection directly to the P65.

All hdmi cables were upgraded with blue jeans 4K "certified" cables, none longer than 7 feet.

I set up, for the first time, my Integra 80.3 pre/pro so that I could use ARC for audio.

With some assistance from VUDU, I was able to cast Pacific Rim in UHD for video and Dolby 5.1+ for audio (I wasn't able to get the "Atmos" audio because I don't have an Atmos setup but was hoping to get Dolby True HD like you do with a disc?). The video looked beautiful and the 5.1+ audio track surprised me because it was very close in impact and power in the bass to the bass I get from the blu-ray disc I have.

I also have the most recent firmware update for the panel.

Now when I attempt to cast, I cannot get any audio, whether it be from VUDU, Crackle, or You Tube. I studied the Integra manual very carefully and tried a multitude of different settings to get ARC to work, but it does not.

I am aware that some owners have reported issues with ARC since the last firmware update, but is anyone else getting NO audio at all? I re-studied the posts on the first page regarding the use of ARC and nothing has helped. Any idea if this is a Vizio issue, Integra issue or something else?

Really would VERY much appreciate any help or suggestions."

THANKS!

Jeff.

If anyone knows who the "ARC expert" is for the 80.3, I would be happy to PM them.

Subs: 10 x 18" LMS Ultra 5400 in 5 sealed custom cabinets; 5 x Sanway FP14000 amps.
Speakers: Definitive Technology BP7000SC Front; BPVX/P surrounds
Pre/Pro: Marantz 7703; Disc Player: OPPO BDP-103.
Front Amp: Anthem P2; Surround Amp: Anthem A5.
Display: Vizio P65-C1; 4K UHD Disc: Samsung UBD-K8500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Integra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page