5Likes

post #4471 of 4495 Old 03-08-2017, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGeek99 View Post
The purpose of the setting is to integrate your sub with the low end of your satellites. If you select 'bypass' it does not apply any sort of crossover to rolloff the LFE at the upper end of it's frequency range. It is for use with subwoofers that don't have a defeatable high pass crossover. If you have the crossover enabled on both the Integra and the sub, the rolloff will be too steep to integrate smoothly. If your sub's crossover is defeatable, it is best to disable it in your sub and let the Integra do all of the bass management.

AVGeek,

Thanks for your reply!!!

My Velo subs allow their internal low pass crossovers to be defeated but NOT the high pass.

High pass can only be set to either 80hz or 100hz.

On my Velo's I currently defeat their low pass crossovers and have high pass set at 100hz.

LPF of LFE on 80.3 is set at 120hz and crossover is set at 80hz for all speakers.

Based on this.............. should I leave things how they are?
Or is it better to bypass the LPF of LFE setting on the 80.3 due to it also being set on my Velo's at 100hz?

I guess at least setting LPF of LFE to 100hz won't make a difference as that is what it is on the subs..........is this right?

Last edited by linger63; 03-08-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4472 of 4495 Old 03-08-2017, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by linger63 View Post
AVGeek,

Thanks for your reply!!!

My Velo subs allow their internal low pass crossovers to be defeated but NOT the high pass.

High pass can only be set to either 80hz or 100hz.

On my Velo's I currently defeat their low pass crossovers and have high pass set at 100hz.

LPF of LFE on 80.3 is set at 120hz and crossover is set at 80hz for all speakers.

Based on this.............. should I leave things how they are?
Or is it better to bypass the LPF of LFE setting on the 80.3 due to it also being set on my Velo's at 100hz?

I guess at least setting LPF of LFE to 100hz won't make a difference as that is what it is on the subs..........is this right?
I'm not an expert on crossovers, but the main thing is you wouldn't want to set both the sub and the Integra set at the same value. That would likely steepen the rolloff and you wouldn't get as much overlap between sub and sat. You should be safe either disabling the LPF on the Integra or leaving it at 120hz. The correct setting on the sub is really dependent on your sats. You have them crossed over at 80hz, but are they strong down to 80hz. What does Audessy setup say they should be set at? If Audessy recommends 80, then I'd leave the sub set at 100. If Audessy recommends lower than 80hz, then setting the sub to 80hz might be ok.

Would be best to test with a frequency sweep and mic. If you don't have one available then listen for some mid base bloat. If too much bloat then reduce the overlap between sub and sat.
linger63 likes this.

Sony XBR-75X940D -- Integra DHC 80.3 -- Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tribute Towers -- Paradigm Studio v5 CC590 --
Paradigm Studio v5 ADP590 (4) surrounds -- Cambridge Audio Azure 840W for Front R&L -- Onkyo TX-NR906 for Center and all Surrounds :( but it works --
Oppo UDP-203 -- Roku Ultra -- DirecTv HR54 DVR
post #4473 of 4495 Old 03-22-2017, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
The coax digital is not needed if you have HDMI connected to the Integra, it should be removed from both the Oppo and the Integra. The Oppo may actually be defaulting to coax if it is present. All you need on the Oppo is to connect the HDMI audio out to HDMI 1 on the Integra

Here are the correct settings in the Integra set up menu to use:
  • In 1. Input/Output Assign, select 2. HDMI Input. Set BD/DVD to HDMI 1
  • Make sure the current input selected on the Integra is BD/DVD then go to the setup menu again and select 4. Source Setup, then select 6. Audio Selector and make sure HDMI is selected
This should then allow the audio to flow through the HDMI correctly.
Thanks again for the suggestions...finally got the issue resolved today and it appears to have been with the Oppo.

I finally contacted Oppo support to ask and they gave me a few troubleshooting things. While I was doing those, the 203 found a new FW to apply (it had been a week or so since I watched a disc or used the player). After updating the FW, I was able to get audio passed via HDMI to the Integra and listened to the first few minutes of the Hacksaw Ridge TrueHD soundtrack.

post #4474 of 4495 Old 03-22-2017, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhoop View Post
Thanks again for the suggestions...finally got the issue resolved today and it appears to have been with the Oppo.

I finally contacted Oppo support to ask and they gave me a few troubleshooting things. While I was doing those, the 203 found a new FW to apply (it had been a week or so since I watched a disc or used the player). After updating the FW, I was able to get audio passed via HDMI to the Integra and listened to the first few minutes of the Hacksaw Ridge TrueHD soundtrack.
I was following your post and hoping you got this fixed as I'm considering setting up my 4K the same way. I looked at the newer Integra's and they just don't look to be as good as the 80.3. Let us know after some time what you think.
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #4475 of 4495 Old 03-22-2017, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongig View Post
I was following your post and hoping you got this fixed as I'm considering setting up my 4K the same way. I looked at the newer Integra's and they just don't look to be as good as the 80.3. Let us know after some time what you think.
Not sure exactly what you're looking for but... I have an 80.3 and an Oppo-203. I have the main HDMI going to the TV for 4k HDR and the HDMI audio out going to my 80.3. I've not had a single issue related to that setup since I got the Oppo on Feb 10th. The sound "seems" better than with my previous OPPO-93, though I don't know how it could sound better, so might just be nothing. Either way, it works and sounds great, and I've had no issues.

If you're thinking of upgrading I personally would stay away from any new Integra product. I've had my 80.3 for 4 or 5 years now and it's been awesome. The sound is superb. But I am a true believer in high quality room correction. My theater has very poor accoustics. Aud MultEQ XT32 works wonders. Prior to Audessy I all but quit listening to music in my theater, but when I got the 80.3 that changed everything, it's unbelievable the difference it makes. When Integra dumped Audessy for their home grown room correction I was disappointed. I've not read good things about it at all, especially when it comes to music.

If I was going to upgrade I would go for either the Marantz 8802a or the Anthem AVM 60. But the only thing they would really give me that I'd be able to take advantage of is to run all the HDMI through them. I've got everything set up and working fine, Harmony is all programmed so everything is at the touch of a button.
Bleeding Edge likes this.

Sony XBR-75X940D -- Integra DHC 80.3 -- Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tribute Towers -- Paradigm Studio v5 CC590 --
Paradigm Studio v5 ADP590 (4) surrounds -- Cambridge Audio Azure 840W for Front R&L -- Onkyo TX-NR906 for Center and all Surrounds :( but it works --
Oppo UDP-203 -- Roku Ultra -- DirecTv HR54 DVR
post #4476 of 4495 Old 03-23-2017, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Not sure exactly what you're looking for but... I have an 80.3 and an Oppo-203. I have the main HDMI going to the TV for 4k HDR and the HDMI audio out going to my 80.3. I've not had a single issue related to that setup since I got the Oppo on Feb 10th. The sound "seems" better than with my previous OPPO-93, though I don't know how it could sound better, so might just be nothing. Either way, it works and sounds great, and I've had no issues.

If you're thinking of upgrading I personally would stay away from any new Integra product. I've had my 80.3 for 4 or 5 years now and it's been awesome. The sound is superb. But I am a true believer in high quality room correction. My theater has very poor accoustics. Aud MultEQ XT32 works wonders. Prior to Audessy I all but quit listening to music in my theater, but when I got the 80.3 that changed everything, it's unbelievable the difference it makes. When Integra dumped Audessy for their home grown room correction I was disappointed. I've not read good things about it at all, especially when it comes to music.

If I was going to upgrade I would go for either the Marantz 8802a or the Anthem AVM 60. But the only thing they would really give me that I'd be able to take advantage of is to run all the HDMI through them. I've got everything set up and working fine, Harmony is all programmed so everything is at the touch of a button.
You really just reiterated my thoughts. My 80.3 works now since the HDMI board was replaced and I'm happy with it. I'd like to upgrade to 4K and will do exactly as you've done. I personally think it's strange that Integra has for the most part ruined the line of pre-pros. I've had a few since my original 9.8 and have been happy except for the HDMI board.

I'm considering purchasing the Samsung 75 inch SUHD and a new 4K bluray.
post #4477 of 4495 Old 03-23-2017, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
You really just reiterated my thoughts. My 80.3 works now since the HDMI board was replaced and I'm happy with it. I'd like to upgrade to 4K and will do exactly as you've done. I personally think it's strange that Integra has for the most part ruined the line of pre-pros. I've had a few since my original 9.8 and have been happy except for the HDMI board.

I'm considering purchasing the Samsung 75 inch SUHD and a new 4K bluray.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have an oddly shaped living room with high ceilings and a lot of glass, so originally got the 80.3 primarily for the room correction capabilities. I tend to read a fair amount before making decisions, but I'm not one who takes the time to audition a ton of different things in my house before settling. My local dealer helped me swap out the units to address the HDMI board issue, so I don't think I'll be changing anything soon. I'm somewhat curious about Atmos, but it would take some doing in my room to make it work (and I doubt my wife would be up for that!). The Anthem would be at the top of my list were I considering a replacement right now.

Not to take this too far off topic, but around the same time I also upgraded my amp from the low end Marantz to an Audio Control Pantages. That has made a stunning difference. I was a little skeptical when my dealer recommended it, mostly because it doesn't get the same kind of press/exposure as many others like Parasound, etc. It's powering a set of Dynaudio Contours with a Fathom F113 sub and it's a pretty awesome setup.
post #4478 of 4495 Old 04-29-2017, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I currently have an integra 80.3 and up to about a week ago didn't have any issues. Last week I turned on my set up and the sound came on. I cut the volume down a little and the sound cut off. After a minute I restarted the unit and the volume came back on. A few days later the same thing happened. I get home last night same thing but the sound kept cutting off. I unplugged it and plugged back in and the sound came on and then cut out for good. I spoke to the dealer I purchased it from and he no longer carries the brand. Has anybody had a similar experience and what are my options for repair. I'm thinking it might be the HDMI board which has been a major problem.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.
post #4479 of 4495 Old 04-30-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
I currently have an integra 80.3 and up to about a week ago didn't have any issues. Last week I turned on my set up and the sound came on. I cut the volume down a little and the sound cut off. After a minute I restarted the unit and the volume came back on. A few days later the same thing happened. I get home last night same thing but the sound kept cutting off. I unplugged it and plugged back in and the sound came on and then cut out for good. I spoke to the dealer I purchased it from and he no longer carries the brand. Has anybody had a similar experience and what are my options for repair. I'm thinking it might be the HDMI board which has been a major problem.
I had sound issues with mine that were related to the HDMI board. Sound was fine with tuner but not with HDMI. Integra is aware that they had bad HDMI boards and replaced mine a couple months ago. My unit was out of warranty.
post #4480 of 4495 Old 04-30-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I had sound issues with mine that were related to the HDMI board. Sound was fine with tuner but not with HDMI. Integra is aware that they had bad HDMI boards and replaced mine a couple months ago. My unit was out of warranty.
Thanks for the info that maybe promising. If you don't mind me asking what was the process? What information did you have to provide and who did you call? Hopefully this is something that can be rectified.

Once again thanks for the info.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.
post #4481 of 4495 Old 04-30-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info that maybe promising. If you don't mind me asking what was the process? What information did you have to provide and who did you call? Hopefully this is something that can be rectified.

Once again thanks for the info.
I called Integra support and they set up a return, sent it in and received it back about ten days later. It was a easy process. They had me do testing on the unit to confirm that it was the HDMI board, that was anoying. In the end it worked out.
post #4482 of 4495 Old 05-02-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I called Integra support and they set up a return, sent it in and received it back about ten days later. It was a easy process. They had me do testing on the unit to confirm that it was the HDMI board, that was anoying. In the end it worked out.
Thanks so much for the info I'll reach out to them next week

post #4483 of 4495 Old 05-15-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Once again thanks! They sent the box and I mailed it to them. I'm hoping to have it back by the end of the week. I'll eventually upgrade but I'm not in a position to do it now.

post #4484 of 4495 Old 05-21-2017, 05:52 PM

I received my 80.3 back this week and set everything back up last night. I tried to run Aud MultiEQ 32x last night and got an error message saying it's not detecting the right speaker. I can hear the speaker when it go through the setup but it didn't recognize it. I played the speaker after it wouldn't recognize it and it played flawlessly. Never had this issue before and my speakers are in the same setup they where before I sent it in for repair.

Anybody else deal with this issue

post #4485 of 4495 Old 05-22-2017, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3498 Post(s)
Liked: 1766
Quote:
I received my 80.3 back this week and set everything back up last night. I tried to run Aud MultiEQ 32x last night and got an error message saying it's not detecting the right speaker. I can hear the speaker when it go through the setup but it didn't recognize it. I played the speaker after it wouldn't recognize it and it played flawlessly. Never had this issue before and my speakers are in the same setup they where before I sent it in for repair.

Anybody else deal with this issue
Try cleaning out the microphone socket in the pre/pro. It might have a tiny piece of packing material in it. Using a can of compressed air is better than blowing into it, since saliva is acidic and can cause corrosion.

This can be caused by the calibration microphone's jack not seating properly in the socket. The switch which detects the presence of the microphone jack is separate from the contact for the audio signal. One can work while the other does not.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #4486 of 4495 Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 PM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Ok...think I'm losing my mind here. I am running a 4.2 setup (2 fronts, 2 surrounds and 2 subs). My rear in-wall surround has been rattling quite a bit, so I went into the Speaker calibration and set the Surrounds to none. Believe the issue was a loose screw, so I tightened the screws today and wanted to check if it resolved the issue.

Went into setup, put the Surrounds back in, checked the calibration levels and everything seemed okay. However, when I play actual 5.1 material through the system, I'm getting nothing at all from my surrounds? Tried Dark Knight, and a 5.1 DTS CD that I have.

Double checked again that when running the Calibration Levels, and sure enough there was the pink noise.

Checked Info to ensure the Receiver was getting a 5.1 signal, everything seems okay, but for the life of me I can't get any sound out of the surround speakers??

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #4487 of 4495 Old 05-23-2017, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
Try cleaning out the microphone socket in the pre/pro. It might have a tiny piece of packing material in it. Using a can of compressed air is better than blowing into it, since saliva is acidic and can cause corrosion.

This can be caused by the calibration microphone's jack not seating properly in the socket. The switch which detects the presence of the microphone jack is separate from the contact for the audio signal. One can work while the other does not.
Thanks a lot I'll try it. Support like this is why I stay on this forum. Sometimes it can get a little weary when people get negative in their posts but the vast majority of people on here are really very supportive and bring so much knowledge to the forums.

post #4488 of 4495 Old 05-27-2017, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Is this a unique issue or another HDMI board failure?

First I should point out that this is a factory refurb that had the hdmi board replaced around November 2014 purchased from an authorized dealer. Sadly, just out of the 2 year warranty on the refurb.

Recently I was streaming some tunes via Spotify from my computer via hdmi to the front auxiliary input on my 80.3. Our Sunday beer & wine jams aren't critical listening so we had it on all channel stereo. On certain passages I started hearing distortion from the mains. At first it was intermittent, then became constant and prominent and spread to other speakers. Obviously I was concerned because what I was hearing sounded like a blown driver, but now it was in all 9 speakers.

With the system being driven by 3 different amplifiers that pretty much ruled out amps and cabling so I gravitated to the Integra as the source of the problem once I ruled out the PC. I switched to the front analog input from the dragonfly on the computer and the problem persisted. I finally discovered that if I changed the dsp processing to stereo the problem abated so we agreed not to use all channel stereo anymore - at least on that input.

A week or so went by and all was well until we had an action movie day. Blu Rays from my Pioneer BDP-05FD were fed via hdmi to the Integra and our preferred sound field for Blu Rays is DTS-X employing the width and height speakers. In certain schemes with dynamic peaks I could hear the distortion again, this time only through the front right speaker. Again - thinking blown driver until I recalled the All channel stereo issue.

To skip all the details what I found is that this problem occurs with both hdmi and analog sources so the following applies to both.

1. It does not occur when in direct mode on any source I've tested.

2. In stereo and DTS modes it occurs, but is subtle and only becomes noticeable at higher volumes (-20db or so) or at certain frequencies during dynamic peaks.

3. In All Channel Stereo mode, even at low volumes it is constant, prominent and frankly scary because it sounds like I blew all my speakers.

So to sum it up, it appears that the more DSP processing you throw at it the worse it gets. I presume all channel stereo is fairly demanding as all speakers are active constantly in this mode, and more so than in movie modes.

I contacted the dealer I purchased it from and they are pursuing the issue with Integra but they have not heard of this issue themselves and they appear to be a reputable & knowledgable shop.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard of or experienced this? Or, if anyone knows if the DSP processing takes place on the hdmi board and maybe it's failing again.
post #4489 of 4495 Old 05-27-2017, 06:22 AM

Integra 80.3 - Is this a unique issue or another HDMI board failure?

First I should point out that this is a factory refurb that had the hdmi board replaced around November 2014 purchased from an authorized dealer. Sadly, just out of the 2 year warranty on the refurb.

Recently I was streaming some tunes via Spotify from my computer via hdmi to the front auxiliary input on my 80.3. Our Sunday beer & wine jams aren't critical listening so we had it on all channel stereo. On certain passages I started hearing distortion from the mains. At first it was intermittent, then became constant and prominent and spread to other speakers. Obviously I was concerned because what I was hearing sounded like a blown driver, but now it was in all 9 speakers.

With the system being driven by 3 different amplifiers that pretty much ruled out amps and cabling so I gravitated to the Integra as the source of the problem once I ruled out the PC. I switched to the front analog input from the dragonfly on the computer and the problem persisted. I finally discovered that if I changed the dsp processing to stereo the problem abated so we agreed not to use all channel stereo anymore - at least on that input.

A week or so went by and all was well until we had an action movie day. Blu Rays from my Pioneer BDP-05FD were fed via hdmi to the Integra and our preferred sound field for Blu Rays is DTS-X employing the width and height speakers. In certain schemes with dynamic peaks I could hear the distortion again, this time only through the front right speaker. Again - thinking blown driver until I recalled the All channel stereo issue.

To skip all the details what I found is that this problem occurs with both hdmi and analog sources so the following applies to both.

1. It does not occur when in direct mode on any source I've tested.

2. In stereo and DTS modes it occurs, but is subtle and only becomes noticeable at higher volumes (-20db or so) or at certain frequencies during dynamic peaks.

3. In All Channel Stereo mode, even at low volumes it is constant, prominent and frankly scary because it sounds like I blew all my speakers.

So to sum it up, it appears that the more DSP you throw at it the worse it gets. I presume all channel stereo is fairly demanding as all speakers are active constantly in this mode, and more so than in movie modes.

I contacted the dealer I purchased it from and they are pursuing the issue with Integra but they have not heard of this issue themselves and they appear to be a reputable & knowledgeable shop.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard of or experienced this? Or, if anyone knows if the DSP processing takes place on the hdmi board and maybe it's failing again.

Any insight is appreciated.
post #4490 of 4495 Old 05-27-2017, 06:28 AM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc View Post
Ok...think I'm losing my mind here. I am running a 4.2 setup (2 fronts, 2 surrounds and 2 subs). My rear in-wall surround has been rattling quite a bit, so I went into the Speaker calibration and set the Surrounds to none. Believe the issue was a loose screw, so I tightened the screws today and wanted to check if it resolved the issue.

Went into setup, put the Surrounds back in, checked the calibration levels and everything seemed okay. However, when I play actual 5.1 material through the system, I'm getting nothing at all from my surrounds? Tried Dark Knight, and a 5.1 DTS CD that I have.

Double checked again that when running the Calibration Levels, and sure enough there was the pink noise.

Checked Info to ensure the Receiver was getting a 5.1 signal, everything seems okay, but for the life of me I can't get any sound out of the surround speakers??

Just bumping this for anyone that has any ideas to help. Driving me nuts.

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #4491 of 4495 Old 05-30-2017, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3498 Post(s)
Liked: 1766
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc View Post
Just bumping this for anyone that has any ideas to help. Driving me nuts.
Have you tried a "soft reset"?

In other words, try unplugging the pre/pro from line power for about 10 minutes.

If that doesn't help, the next thing you might try is a full return-to-factory reset then rerun Audyssey.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #4492 of 4495 Old 05-31-2017, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I have had success with doing what Selden suggests, but adding holding in the power button in while plugging in the power. (This was before having the HDMI board replaced twice. 1st. for loss of audio & 2nd. for Ethernet failure)

--Carl
post #4493 of 4495 Old 06-06-2017, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Onkyo acknowledges failed units and extending warrranties until 2018

Cross posting the Onkyo/Integra HDMI board warranty (above and beyond any other warranties, thru 12/31/2018) that Onkyo announced in August 2014. dgater made a very helpful post w/all the info: Onkyo acknowledges failed units and extending warrranties until 2018

TL;DR link to warranty validation website is HERE.

I'm considering purchasing a refurb Integra pre-pro, which is how I learned about this (thorough research pre-purchase is a must)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My HT build in progress: The Final Frontier

Quiet Glue: Why Not to Use It

Last edited by HT Geek; 06-06-2017 at 07:05 AM.
post #4494 of 4495 Old 06-06-2017, 07:13 AM

Regarding the warranty extension

Fortunately I resolved my issue with a factory rest but I do have some info on the warranty. According to the shop I purchased it from they contacted Integra and they stated they had stopped doing the out of warranty repairs. I have a feeling this is because mine was a refurb that shipped with a 2 year warranty, and I was about 5 months beyond that secondary warranty. My guess is original purchasers probably don't have anything to worry about but do be mindful if you're purchasing a refurb.
post #4495 of 4495 Old 06-15-2017, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Integra DHC-80.3 Trigger Outputs Problem

I make extensive use of my DHC-80.3 trigger outputs. So much so, that it's puny 25mA outputs were all
but useless for me. So, I put together a trigger buffer box that allowed triggering fairly heavy loads while
leaving the DHC-80.3 trigger outputs lightly loaded. Even so, the other day I noticed that switching the
DHC-80.3 off left all loads connected. It turned out that all trigger outputs from the pri-pro remain active,
even when it's off.

While probably easy to fix, it will certainly be time consuming. Just unplgging everything will be a minor
nightmare, not to mention, reconnecting all those cables.

My question to all DHC-80.3 owners: has this ever happened to your unit? And, if so, do you know exactly
what the internal fault was?

Thanks in advance,

-- Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Integra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page