Integra DHC-80.3 - Page 39 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1141 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got my 80.3 today! It has a prefix of (B), anyone know what this means?

I am looking forward to setting up my new HT system this weekend (and the wife will be out of town!!!!...so crank up the tunes we're going in!). So far I have the following...

Integra 80.3 Pre-Pro
Outlaw 7700 Amp
Denon 2910 DVD (DVD-A, SACD)
Sony BDP-S589 BD Player
Dune Smart H1 Media Player
B&W CM9's Fronts
B&W CWM 7.3 Center
B&W CCM 7.5 Rears
Rythmik F12SE Subs (2)
Epson 6010 Projector - still waiting on the screen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 11:26 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishet View Post

I am looking forward to setting up my new HT system this weekend (and the wife will be out of town!!!!...so crank up the tunes we're going in!). So far I have the following...

Integra 80.3 Pre-Pro
Outlaw 7700 Amp
Sony BDP-S589 BD Player
B&W CM9's Fronts
B&W CWM 7.3 Center
B&W CCM 7.5 Rears
Rythmik F12SE Subs (2)

(B) stands for B-stock, refurbish.

just kidding, from my past Onkyo electronics, they use (B) for Black since they use to also offer Silver.

what did you have previously? and let us know your thoughts.
post #1143 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CElee View Post

(B) stands for B-stock, refurbish.

just kidding, from my past Onkyo electronics, they use (B) for Black since they use to also offer Silver.

what did you have previously? and let us know your thoughts.

lol...ya got me! My previous system was 2 channel only, a Carver CT-17 pre, Carver TFM-24 amp, and Aria 5/10 mains (DIY). I plan on taking plenty of pics of my new HT as well.

post #1144 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

since there are so many of us interested in this processor. We should get together and do a group buy

Not in my territory or Onkyo'll cap ya
post #1145 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

since there are so many of us interested in this processor. We should get together and do a group buy

If you want to try and do that, then you better clear it with the owners of the AVS forum first. Because it's against forum rules to start up a power/group buy without their permission.

http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/...&&#post6435126
post #1146 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Chris,

Your new system is gonna be fantastic. Enjoy it.

Just make sure that you check out the Audyssey setup guide at the beginning of the Audyssey thread and follow the instructions closely. It's much more comprehensive than what you'll find in the 80.3 owners manual. Once you do that, be sure to post any questions that might come up about the setup proceedures on that thread. It's chock full of guys who know the system through lots of experience and they're very helpful if you need it.

Cheers,
SB
post #1147 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotcheckBilly View Post

Chris,

Your new system is gonna be fantastic. Enjoy it.

Just make sure that you check out the Audyssey setup guide at the beginning of the Audyssey thread and follow the instructions closely. It's much more comprehensive than what you'll find in the 80.3 owners manual. Once you do that, be sure to post any questions that might come up about the setup proceedures on that thread. It's chock full of guys who know the system through lots of experience and they're very helpful if you need it.

Cheers,
SB

Thx SB! I'll read it now.

post #1148 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishet View Post

Integra 80.3 Pre-Pro
Outlaw 7700 Amp
Sony BDP-S589 BD Player
B&W CM9's Fronts
B&W CWM 7.3 Center
B&W CCM 7.5 Rears
Rythmik F12SE Subs (2)

Congrats! If you are going to bi-amp any speakers make sure you download the latest firmware before doing the audyssey config. With your Dune, you should no longer need your sony and denon drives.
post #1149 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 03:42 PM

Prefix of B = Black
post #1150 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 66
here is the before and after frequency response in my room
with MultiEQ XT32 (3 seat averaging) 1/24 smoothing

Black is no EQ
Red is after 8 position MultEQ XT32
orange is how I run my system with my dual submersive subs in PGM2 position

does an amazing job in my room
still waiting on firmware to run my PRO setup
which really takes audio to another level in refinement
LL

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
post #1151 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post

does an amazing job in my room
still waiting on firmware to run my PRO setup
which really takes audio to another level in refinement

Would you elaborate on the type of room you have? dedicated room/ Great room/Den ect?
post #1152 of 4277 Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 PM

Liked: 13
Got my 80.3 today and it is defective or something. When I switch the source to bluray or dvd while watching directv the tv shuts off and when I switch back the 80.3 says there is no signal. I get audio on directv no video, get no audio or video on bluray and only get audio on dvd. It is the strangest thing. When I unplug it the directv works fine but once I switch the source it starts all over. Is this unit defective or do I have a setting wrong. I replaced an 80.1 so I am somewhat familiar Integras. I am running dual HDMI outs and yes the monitor out is set to "both main". All other sources are HDMI as well with the exception of course CD, zone 2 and multichannel analog SACD-DVD Audio to the DVD player.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #1153 of 4277 Old 02-18-2012, 04:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbenzz View Post

Got my 80.3 today and it is defective or something. When I switch the source to bluray or dvd while watching directv the tv shuts off and when I switch back the 80.3 says there is no signal. I get audio on directv no video, get no audio or video on bluray and only get audio on dvd. It is the strangest thing. When I unplug it the directv works fine but once I switch the source it starts all over. Is this unit defective or do I have a setting wrong. I replaced an 80.1 so I am somewhat familiar Integras. I am running dual HDMI outs and yes the monitor out is set to "both main". All other sources are HDMI as well with the exception of course CD, zone 2 and multichannel analog SACD-DVD Audio to the DVD player.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. I'd guess it's a setup problem. I hope so anyway. What unit did you use before you got the 80.3? The 80.3 is complicated to set up and my guess is that your audio/video issues are due to setting errors.

I would suggest that you do a factory reset (see below), then run Audyssey and then connect just one unit - say your Bluray player and get that working. Then repeat for the other sources. You are probably trying to go too fast, with all the zones, analogs etc (please forgive my assumptions if you are an experienced user of Onkyo/Integra prepros).

You need to pay close attention to the menu settings for assigning sources to inputs and outputs. Read the manual carefully on that point - this seems to me to be the most likely cause of you getting video and no audio and v-v on some of your sources.

If you need any more specific help once you have done the above, please come back. I have the Onkyo 5509 which is functionally identical to the 80.3.

=====================================
RESET Onkyo to Factory

To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button, press the [ON/STANDBY] button. "Clear" will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter Standby mode.
post #1154 of 4277 Old 02-18-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

Make sure you disable HDMI-CEC features on both TV and Integra.
post #1155 of 4277 Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 AM

Looking at MC7x500, paired with Integra DHC 80.3 and PSB Imagine Ts. Anyone tried this combo?

I will use this for movies, about 95% of the time.
post #1156 of 4277 Old 02-18-2012, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:

Make sure you do a processor reset.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #1157 of 4277 Old 02-19-2012, 05:25 PM

Well I tried everyting and can't get it to work correctly.....it's going back. At least the Integra replacement policy is outstanding. But from what I heard on Directv, oh my. There is so much more surround information than from my 80.1 that is was night and day. I guess the new chip really made a difference.
post #1158 of 4277 Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 PM

Just received my new 80.3 a few days ago. Finally found the time to remove the old DTC 9.8, complete hookups, reprogram Harmony remote slightly, etc.

At first I thought it was a tad too bright, audio-wise. But tonite I sat down and really started throwing some of the best-recorded Blu-Ray DVD's at it that are in my collection. Mostly concert videos.

Picture is wonderful, as expected. But the sound is much more detailed, but not too bright as I had feared. It IS unforgiving of poorly-recorded audio, but can be quite revealing. I think the better Audyssey EQ makes all the difference over the old model. I was using the DTC 9.8 Audyssey in conjunction with the SVS AS-EQ1 sub eq, so I was getting the XT32 sampling for the subwoofers, but not the main system. Now, with the XT32 sampling from top to bottom, (using two SVS PC12-NSD's), the whole system sounds more coherent, and seamlessly integrated as though the system consisted of one giant full-range speaker.

So far I am *really* knocked out.

AwardB
post #1159 of 4277 Old 02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by awardb View Post

Just received my new 80.3 a few days ago. Finally found the time to remove the old DTC 9.8, complete hookups, reprogram Harmony remote slightly, etc.

At first I thought it was a tad too bright, audio-wise. But tonite I sat down and really started throwing some of the best-recorded Blu-Ray DVD's at it that are in my collection. Mostly concert videos.

Picture is wonderful, as expected. But the sound is much more detailed, but not too bright as I had feared. It IS unforgiving of poorly-recorded audio, but can be quite revealing. I think the better Audyssey EQ makes all the difference over the old model. I was using the DTC 9.8 Audyssey in conjunction with the SVS AS-EQ1 sub eq, so I was getting the XT32 sampling for the subwoofers, but not the main system. Now, with the XT32 sampling from top to bottom, (using two SVS PC12-NSD's), the whole system sounds more coherent, and seamlessly integrated as though the system consisted of one giant full-range speaker.

So far I am *really* knocked out.

AwardB

Just wanted to offer my Congrads on your new 80.3 and how satisfied with it you are.

Mine is still on back-order.

Going to be after the 1st of March for my install.

Terry
post #1160 of 4277 Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 PM

My dealer told me end of Feb./First of March, but then called me a few days ago with the good news.

I will say, it's worth the wait!
post #1161 of 4277 Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

My dealer told me end of Feb./First of March, but then called me a few days ago with the good news.

I will say, it's worth the wait!

Very good
In my case I am waiting on my New Ekornes Stressless seating to arrive and be delivered.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/home-...ter-today.html

Then my A/V dealer will install all the new components both Audio & Video.

Terry
post #1162 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 01:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
Quote:

. I was using the DTC 9.8 Audyssey in conjunction with the SVS AS-EQ1 sub eq, so I was getting the XT32 sampling for the subwoofers, but not the main system. Now, with the XT32 sampling from top to bottom, (using two SVS PC12-NSD's), the whole system sounds more coherent, and seamlessly integrated...

Exactly what I found when switching from XT+EQ1 to XT32. I sold my EQ1 for a good price, which helped with the purchase of my 5509.
post #1163 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Great minds think alike! That's exactly how I helped myself justify the huge price of the 80.3! Between selling the DTC 9.8 and the AES-EQ1, then the difference in price I have to pay out is not so much...........or so I told myself.
post #1164 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 PM

Help..
I got my 80.3 installed. Very excited but I have a problem with 1080p content..

I replaced my Denon 3808 with the 80.3. I was using my Denon as a processor. I am having major syncing problems that I have never had before on 1080p content ONLY. Everything else works fine. I have an Oppo BR and using DirecTV as TV content. I can't get 1080p to sync everytime. Sometimes it works for my Oppo but never got it to work for DirecTV 1080p content. I hear the sound but the video doesn't come through. I have reset it to factory defaults, etc, etc..I have changed out cables, double-checked connections, etc.. 1080p content with the Denon was NEVER a problem.

It seems that the 80.3 does not like a 1080p source.

Any thoughts before I return this bad boy back? Anybody else having major syncing problems with 1080p content.

Thanks!!
post #1165 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 PM

Just dropped off my 80.3 at the dealer should get my replacement in a few days. Toddtrues....I was having similar problems and after 3 days of trying to resolve them I just returned it.
post #1166 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:

Just dropped off my 80.3 at the dealer should get my replacement in a few days. Toddtrues....I was having similar problems and after 3 days of trying to resolve them I just returned it.

Have you considered the Emotiva UMC-1?
post #1167 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:

badbenzz - that's good to know. I am going to push for a replacement. And also try the Rotel processor. Let me know if you get your problems resolved and I will do the same.
post #1168 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

And give up Audyssey XT32 in exchange for EmoQ? Quite a step down.
post #1169 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

I hope this is a joke. I have a UMC and wouldn't recommend it over the Integra or most other pre/pros.
post #1170 of 4277 Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post

And give up Audyssey XT32 in exchange for EmoQ? Quite a step down.

Not a step down if you do not like Audyssey, YPAO or EmoQ. If you like RC then I suppose that feature is a step down.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page