Hi, I am considering getting a 3009 to replace my 905. I have a few questions that I would appreciate some advice on.
1. I am using an anti mode at the moment, will I still need to use this with the 3009?
2. I don't have much extra width to accommodate wide front speakers but can add heights. I read that wide speakers are required to get the benefit of DSX but will it be worth adding just heights?
3. If I only add heights is it better to use pliiz or DSX?
4. I use a combination of KEF XQ's and IQ's at the moment, will KEF eggs be ok for height (and wide if I can accommodate them) or is it best to look for some more IQ,s?
5. I use iRule at the moment, can I control the 3009 directly via the Ethernet connection or will I still need an itach device?
6. I was looking for a chart showing speaker positioning on the Audyssey site but couldn't find one. Anyone got a link for a diagram?
7. I read that wide front and height speakers are more important than surround rears. What are your thoughts on moving my Q2DS speakers from surround back to surround and using my IQ1's that are currently on the surround channel to the front, and not having surround back speakers at all?
8. Anybody here moved from a 905 to any of the 300x/500x series. If so what were your first impressions?
9. Is there any still any chance of Airplay or full 11.2 being implemented?
Thanks for any replies,