Dear Forum members
I would like to ask you help in selecting a new Home Theater Receiver. I will try to post as much information about my setup bellow so you can better evaluate the available option.
First I would like to point out that I have just been burned by Onkyo. In April 2011 I purchased a Onkyo TX-NR3008 receiver and after just 3 months of use it had all the failures that have been already discussed here in the forum.
However Onkyo has refused to repair it under warranty and the repair cost is actually more than I paid for the receiver.
That said I am sorely disappointed with the company and I will not buy from them again.
Now for the specifics of my HT Setup:
A - The Room:
1) My living room is a perfect rectangle measuring 11m (33,6 feet) deep x 5,3 m (16,9 feet) width
2) The TV is set at the 5,3m wide wall.
3) main listening position is at 6m (18 feet) from the TV.
B - Speakers: 7.1 Setup is as follow
1) L/R are Polk Audio Monitor 70 Speakershttp://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/p...ent/monitor70/
2) Center Chanel is Polk Audio CS2http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/recent/cs2/
3) Surround and Surround Back are Polk Audio RC-80i http://www.polkaudio.com/customaudio...ex.php?s=rc80i
4) Subwoofer is the Polk Audio PSW125http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/p...x.php?s=psw125
C - The Equipment
1) TV - 60" LG Plasma (non 3d)
2) Projector - Panasonic AE5000 (to be installed in the near future)
3) Blue Ray - LGBX580
4) XBox 360
5) Mac Mini as HTPC
6) Cable Box with HDMI Out
7) Harmony 1100 remote
D - The use
70% TV / Movies
E - Other important considerations
1) Preferably 9.2 channels so I can add a second zone to my kitchen without having to buy an extra amp
2) Latest audio and video codecs
3) Good auto setup (preferably the audissey XT32 version)
4) Two HMDI Outs
5) Stand by HDMI pass through
6) Air play capable
F - Budget
Thank you in advance for any input.